General Discussion 
 My Tron-themed Desk setup

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
BanditTron
User

on Sunday, June, 24, 2012 10:01 PM
I wanted to do a new set up with my computer so I got rid of my old desk and slowly acquired the items I needed.
Tron keyboard and Mouse/Pad by Razer were the pieces that I really wanted to showcase. Also picked up some LED speakers.
I already had a modded Identity disc and I figured my Kevin Flynn Encom 786 lightcycle would go well with what I had in mind too.
All of it would come together on an LED desk that I got from Office Depot last holiday season. (no longer offered)

It really helps me to get on the Grid now.

Its a small desk but it serves my purposes. You can choose from Three Solid colors to light it up. (Blue, Red or Green). It also has a setting that will scroll through the colors creating all colors like White,Orange, Yellow, Purple, Teal in addition to Red, Blue and Green.
The disc mod kit is from Soulinertia from the RPF. I have another one I have yet to do that will replicate CLU's disc with Yellow in the center "C" ring.

KingJ.exe
User

RE: My Tron-themed Desk setup

on Sunday, June, 24, 2012 10:27 PM
Very very cool. I'm assuming you've adjusted your windows desktop theme as well, as evidenced by your TRON: Legacy screensaver?

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

BanditTron
User

on Sunday, June, 24, 2012 10:36 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:Very very cool. I'm assuming you've adjusted your windows desktop theme as well, as evidenced by your TRON: Legacy screensaver?

actually, no I didn't

I just have the screensaver pic paused in slideshow. just done quick for the pic. I will look into a Tron desktop theme now though.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

becktherenegade
User

on Sunday, June, 24, 2012 10:44 PM
very cool friend! lol, i have all of my tron merchandise on a bookshelf in my room.... it bairley fits though lol

"why do you want programs to think he's alive?"
"maybe he is. and maybe if others think so too, theyll be braver, think for themesleves some more, not sit still for clu's rules"
-Beck

Danial92
User

on Sunday, June, 24, 2012 10:52 PM
WOW, this is amazing desk setup with the theme of TRON. The identity disc on your desk is just for display or you will use it for any purpose while playing tron pc game or something??order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

BanditTron
User

on Sunday, June, 24, 2012 11:04 PM
Danial92 Wrote:WOW, this is amazing desk setup with the theme of TRON. The identity disc on your desk is just for display or you will use it for any purpose while playing tron pc game or something??

Thanks !

It's one of the Deluxe toy discs with the Soulinertia lighting mod kit. I have used it for costuming but it is mostly just for display.

Here is Soulinertia's post about the mod kit:
http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=404473

becktherenegade
User

on Sunday, June, 24, 2012 11:17 PM
BanditTron Wrote:
Danial92 Wrote:WOW, this is amazing desk setup with the theme of TRON. The identity disc on your desk is just for display or you will use it for any purpose while playing tron pc game or something??

Thanks !

It's one of the Deluxe toy discs with the Soulinertia lighting mod kit. I have used it for costuming but it is mostly just for display.

Here is Soulinertia's post about the mod kit:
http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=404473
the light disc mods Soulinertia sells are indeed so awesome.... im trying to make mine the way those are, because as awesome as it looks, it sure is expensive to buy a kit.

"why do you want programs to think he's alive?"
"maybe he is. and maybe if others think so too, theyll be braver, think for themesleves some more, not sit still for clu's rules"
-Beck

knguyen
User

on Monday, June, 25, 2012 12:18 PM
Wow that looks beautiful! Are those Razer for the keyboard and mouse? I guess once my kb/mouse die I'll go find those to purchase

aldul
User

on Monday, June, 25, 2012 1:59 PM
Looks nice! I picked up the mouse too. Unfortunately, it feels really plastic-y and it has a lot of sharp edges. I still use it though. The scroll wheel is very comfy and the lighted appearance is fun. I did not expect a loud swooshy sound to come out of the mouse when I plugged it in :-)

How's the keyboard? Is it made of metal or plastic? Is it comfortable to use?

BanditTron
User

on Monday, June, 25, 2012 4:22 PM

knguyen Wrote:Wow that looks beautiful! Are those Razer for the keyboard and mouse? I guess once my kb/mouse die I'll go find those to purchase
Yes, they are the ones made by Razer. I tried to wait for a deal on Amazon on them. The Mouse/Pad were a Christmas present to me from a friend. (love having the mousepad so the mouse leaves a light trail when you move it) The keyboard I found for $127 a few months ago.

aldul Wrote:Looks nice! I picked up the mouse too. Unfortunately, it feels really plastic-y and it has a lot of sharp edges. I still use it though. The scroll wheel is very comfy and the lighted appearance is fun. I did not expect a loud swooshy sound to come out of the mouse when I plugged it in :-)

How's the keyboard? Is it made of metal or plastic? Is it comfortable to use?

The keyboard is made of the same shiny plastic that the mouse is made of. Its definitely a step up from the standard keyboard I had. haha. The same as the mouse it has startup sequence sounds and the lights scroll on from left to right. There are vids on youtube that show what it looks like, very cool. The keypad is detachable and can be installed on the left or right of the keyboard. All of the keys are backlit as well so it looks really sweet in complete darkness.

knguyen
User

on Monday, June, 25, 2012 4:26 PM
BanditTron Wrote:
knguyen Wrote:Wow that looks beautiful! Are those Razer for the keyboard and mouse? I guess once my kb/mouse die I'll go find those to purchase
Yes, they are the ones made by Razer. I tried to wait for a deal on Amazon on them. The Mouse/Pad were a Christmas present to me from a friend. (love having the mousepad so the mouse leaves a light trail when you move it) The keyboard I found for $127 a few months ago.

Cool cool, thanks! Right now I have a Logitech G15 and Razer Death Adder for around $80, but eventually I'll step up to those. The orange from my G15 seems a bit off from the rest of my blue set-up, but I could try modding it...I probably will soon. Another summer project!

trekking95
User

on Friday, June, 29, 2012 4:31 AM
That's awesome! What are the speakers your using?

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

BanditTron
User

on Tuesday, July, 03, 2012 7:59 PM
trekking95 Wrote:That's awesome! What are the speakers your using?

The ones I am using are a set I also picked up at Office Depot on clearance from the Office Depot "Ativa" brand.

The same speakers along with a woofer are sold under a different brand on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/BassPULSE-Hi-Fidelity-Satellite-Subwoofer-Home-Theater/dp/B004ALYGI2where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

STELLAR(EMA).exe
User

on Thursday, July, 05, 2012 3:43 PM
That is just completely awesome, BanditTron. (The speakers are the best part imo. Very cool.)abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

BanditTron
User

on Thursday, July, 05, 2012 4:28 PM
STELLAR(EMA).exe Wrote:That is just completely awesome, BanditTron. (The speakers are the best part imo. Very cool.)

Thanks, I always thought they worked out perfectly with the circles that are designed to light up in them to go along with the "disc" design.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion