Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 Tron uprising characters look.... non-human?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
becktherenegade
User

on Thursday, June, 28, 2012 10:07 PM
so i just finished up watching the newest episode of Tron uprising (identity) and Ive noticed something. Ive been studying tons of pictures of beck because im actually going to try to do makeup effects to make myself look like Beck for a photo-shoot. but, as ive been watching the show, Ive noticed that alot of the characters look almost "non-human". i cant even tell if some of the characters are African American or Caucasian (of course alot are obvious, but some... not so much).
after that, i started noticing that really Tron in the show didn't even look that much like Bruce Boxleitner. of course, i can see similarities, but Boxleitner has more of a round face, while on Uprising, they make his face look extremely long and thin.
I definitely like the unique style on the show, but i just wanted to check and make sure i wasn't the only one who noticed this.

"why do you want programs to think he's alive?"
"maybe he is. and maybe if others think so too, theyll be braver, think for themesleves some more, not sit still for clu's rules"
-Beck

KingJ.exe
User

RE: Tron uprising characters look.... non-human?

on Thursday, June, 28, 2012 10:52 PM
Yeah, I noticed it from Beck's Beginning. Uprising has a very stylized style. Which is exactly why I think Elijah Wood could play Beck in TR3N should they try to do a tie in. With a little hair gel and a lightsuit of course.

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

becktherenegade
User

on Thursday, June, 28, 2012 10:58 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:Yeah, I noticed it from Beck's Beginning. Uprising has a very stylized style. Which is exactly why I think Elijah Wood could play Beck in TR3N should they try to do a tie in. With a little hair gel and a lightsuit of course.
hmm.... possibly, if they did the makeup effects correct though. hes got a very round face while beck has a longer more ovalish face. Im really not sure about that though....i honestly dont really think they look that similar though :P
this is who i wouldve picked as beck, but he's already Edward Dillenger jr. http://images.wikia.com/tron/images/d/da/CillianMurphy.jpg
then again, it would be so dang hard to pick an actor for beck, because Elijah wood could possibly make a good version of him in the face IF the makeup and hair was done correct, but he is very tiny.... but hey, at least he's got the voice for it lol!

"maybe he is. and maybe if others think so too, theyll be braver, think for themesleves some more, not sit still for clu's rules"
-Beck

KingJ.exe
User

on Thursday, June, 28, 2012 11:32 PM
That pic of Murphy is creepy like Beck. So much it's like I wouldn't be surprised if he started talking with Elijah Wood's voice. But still, I think Wood could do it. Like you pointed out, in Legacy Tron's face is more rounded, while in Uprising it's more angular.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Find the archive here:

becktherenegade
User

on Friday, June, 29, 2012 12:18 AM
yeah. strange were having this conversation right now, because ive actually got some people over and they just informed me after we finished watching the new episode of uprising that i reminded them of beck.....
kinda weird, i don't really think so myself. i mean, sure with proper makeup i could look similar, but that goes for alot of people. i mean, Ive got the same eye and hair color, but my face shape is alot more like Elijah Wood's. its actually pretty round lol. they said of course if i was paler, and i somehow made my cheekbones show more...... lol
heres a picture of me, just in case you wanted to see so you can maybe get where they're coming up with this... http://s1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/RINZLERTRON/?action=view¤t=photo-2.pngabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

-Beck

becktherenegade
User

on Friday, June, 29, 2012 5:39 PM
bleh, i hate to double post, but i was just bored a few moments ago and i decided to compare Elijah Wood to Beck, and Cillian Murphey to Beck. after looking at them both, they both really don't look like him at all. Beck actually has a fairly large head compared to them, and they both have very large cheekbones. Beck does not have large cheek bones and his face is very full.
now, that of course does not take away the fact that either one of them would make an awesome Beck, but neither one really resembles him (other than they both have a very stylized look)

-Beck

KingJ.exe
User

on Friday, June, 29, 2012 11:44 PM
Now compare to Bruce Boxlietner at the appropriate age, to get a really good comparison. That would give one an idea about how they chose to stylize the characters.

Find the archive here:

becktherenegade
User

on Friday, June, 29, 2012 11:56 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:Now compare to Bruce Boxlietner at the appropriate age, to get a really good comparison. That would give one an idea about how they chose to stylize the characters.
really, other than the face shape though, tron's face and eyes and everything look very similar to Bruce's. i mean, i just dont think either Cillian or Elijah look that much like him. but, i do believe that either one of them would make a good Beck, only becuase of theyre acting skills.

-Beck

Danial92
User

on Saturday, June, 30, 2012 2:44 AM
Well, the only character design I like from Tron uprising would be Beck, a handsome tall program. As for tron, well It's kinda acceptable for me, just that compare to T:L or TRON, maybe they try to design a new lookout for TROn?
Zed and Mara's character design is fine for me, at least they look like normal human to me...^^

becktherenegade
User

on Saturday, June, 30, 2012 7:24 AM
Danial92 Wrote:Well, the only character design I like from Tron uprising would be Beck, a handsome tall program. As for tron, well It's kinda acceptable for me, just that compare to T:L or TRON, maybe they try to design a new lookout for TROn?
Zed and Mara's character design is fine for me, at least they look like normal human to me...^^
yeah, i definitely like the Look in Tron uprising, but it definitely is a bit strange. and you see, Clu in the show looks just like Jeff bridges, and Tron in the show just looks like a stretched out version of Bruce Boxleitner. Beck really is the one that i dont think has in-humanly details. theres just something about the shape of his face or the dark around his eyes or something that just doesn't look human....

-Beck

Danial92
User

on Saturday, June, 30, 2012 8:25 AM
becktherenegade Wrote:
Danial92 Wrote:Well, the only character design I like from Tron uprising would be Beck, a handsome tall program. As for tron, well It's kinda acceptable for me, just that compare to T:L or TRON, maybe they try to design a new lookout for TROn?
yeah, i definitely like the Look in Tron uprising, but it definitely is a bit strange. and you see, Clu in the show looks just like Jeff bridges, and Tron in the show just looks like a stretched out version of Bruce Boxleitner. Beck really is the one that i dont think has in-humanly details. theres just something about the shape of his face or the dark around his eyes or something that just doesn't look human....

Wow, maybe tron need to stretch his face for animation to look like Bruce Boxleitner.....^^

Pilgrim1099
User

on Saturday, June, 30, 2012 9:35 AM
The way they designed Tron is mainly a stylized approach by the animators for dramatic effect. He certainly looks more 'iconic' in that manner. Lean and mean and moves like a cat. It's the only way to make Tron and Clu very different than the others and stand out as icons or should I say, mythologized figures that are way high up on the chain. In a sense, they are the gods of the Grid, next to Flynn.

(Not sure about Shaddox since he's appeared in the comic version as a prequel to Legacy and Shaddox was probably the operating system language Flynn used to build that particular world)

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

becktherenegade
User

on Sunday, July, 01, 2012 9:31 AM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:The way they designed Tron is mainly a stylized approach by the animators for dramatic effect. He certainly looks more 'iconic' in that manner. Lean and mean and moves like a cat. It's the only way to make Tron and Clu very different than the others and stand out as icons or should I say, mythologized figures that are way high up on the chain. In a sense, they are the gods of the Grid, next to Flynn.

(Not sure about Shaddox since he's appeared in the comic version as a prequel to Legacy and Shaddox was probably the operating system language Flynn used to build that particular world)

actually, the way they designed Tron and Clu in the show is probably my favorite design for the characters in the show. they still look human and they still have more details then the other characters have (such as Beck, Paige, Zed, Mara, etc)

-Beck

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, July, 01, 2012 10:03 AM
becktherenegade Wrote:
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:The way they designed Tron is mainly a stylized approach by the animators for dramatic effect. He certainly looks more 'iconic' in that manner. Lean and mean and moves like a cat. It's the only way to make Tron and Clu very different than the others and stand out as icons or should I say, mythologized figures that are way high up on the chain. In a sense, they are the gods of the Grid, next to Flynn.

actually, the way they designed Tron and Clu in the show is probably my favorite design for the characters in the show. they still look human and they still have more details then the other characters have (such as Beck, Paige, Zed, Mara, etc)

Absolutely. Tron and Clu have the most dramatic look compared to all the characters. Their style almost reminds me a bit of Nelvana animation's approach from the blasphemous Star Wars animated special in 1977 featuring Boba Fett and Chewbacca, etc. Some of you old enough would know what I'm referring to. The show is embarassingly bad but the animated segment was fascinating in terms of artistic style and cinematography.

And also I think some of the 70s style animation from Nelvana or perhaps a bit from the infamous Heavy Metal animated film (1979 version, not the crap sequel mind you) lends a bit to that Tron Uprising quality.

Those facial features of Tron and Clu had some kind of contemporary influence from the master animators. It was definitely a mix between the late 70s and early 80s style, and also a bit of exagerrated realism, or should I say, they are caricatures of their real life counterparts (Bridges and Boxleitner) for dramatic effect.

I want to see more Clu in this series but I suspect that it may stretch out to Season 2 or 3. Uprising does have one flaw, now that I noticed and that they kill off characters quickly in a 30 minute episode without fleshing/developing them out over more than one or two episodes when they should. Even a sub-plot story should'nt conclude that quickly such as Zed going after the Renegade while working under Paige with the risk of losing Mara's heart. They should'nt have concluded it and continued that level of intensity.

That's the one biggest problem with Uprising. They need to SLOW down the pacing and spread it out, not a quick "pow wow. End of Episode".

They get huge points for excellent animation quality and high level of cinematography. The story development between Tron and Beck's training is very well done but the balance of focus is off between Tron/Beck and the supporting cast.

We need to see Clu start cracking down on Tesler, to make him sweat like a pig, and in turn get angry at his cohort, demanding more results, causing a crack. They should be doing this soon. Because if they're not, somebody's smoking some grass.

becktherenegade
User

on Sunday, July, 01, 2012 10:26 AM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
becktherenegade Wrote:

Absolutely. Tron and Clu have the most dramatic look compared to all the characters. Their style almost reminds me a bit of Nelvana animation's approach from the blasphemous Star Wars animated special in 1977 featuring Boba Fett and Chewbacca, etc. Some of you old enough would know what I'm referring to. The show is embarassingly bad but the animated segment was fascinating in terms of artistic style and cinematography.

And also I think some of the 70s style animation from Nelvana or perhaps a bit from the infamous Heavy Metal animated film (1979 version, not the crap sequel mind you) lends a bit to that Tron Uprising quality.

Those facial features of Tron and Clu had some kind of contemporary influence from the master animators. It was definitely a mix between the late 70s and early 80s style, and also a bit of exagerrated realism, or should I say, they are caricatures of their real life counterparts (Bridges and Boxleitner) for dramatic effect.

I want to see more Clu in this series but I suspect that it may stretch out to Season 2 or 3. Uprising does have one flaw, now that I noticed and that they kill off characters quickly in a 30 minute episode without fleshing/developing them out over more than one or two episodes when they should. Even a sub-plot story should'nt conclude that quickly such as Zed going after the Renegade while working under Paige with the risk of losing Mara's heart. They should'nt have concluded it and continued that level of intensity.

That's the one biggest problem with Uprising. They need to SLOW down the pacing and spread it out, not a quick "pow wow. End of Episode".

They get huge points for excellent animation quality and high level of cinematography. The story development between Tron and Beck's training is very well done but the balance of focus is off between Tron/Beck and the supporting cast.

We need to see Clu start cracking down on Tesler, to make him sweat like a pig, and in turn get angry at his cohort, demanding more results, causing a crack. They should be doing this soon. Because if they're not, somebody's smoking some grass.
i agree. it does have the style of animation similar to the star wars special.
and yes, it is odd how fast everything is going. its almost going so fast that some things aren't being understood by the general audience.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

-Beck

HooDooMan
User

on Sunday, July, 01, 2012 12:08 PM
I think the pace of the show is a result of the overall design by the director, producers, and writers.. Remember, this is only supposed to be a TEN-PART MINISERIES. And we've already seen three of them. So, I think by it's very nature, it has to have a quick pace in order to wrap up a lot of the unanswered questions, and explain how TRON became Rinzler.

Also, another reason the pace may be so quick is because it's primarily designed for a younger audience demographic. It's not so complex that it has to explain away everything, because it doesn't have to. It can be much simpler and still be entertaining to a younger audience.

Of course, it may also be another example of the rapid-fire, "I need constant stimulation", mindset of the ADD generation. But who knows. I just hope they extend it into a full series after the miniseries wraps up. Does anyone know what kind of reception TRON: Uprising has had in general so far? Has it met or exceeded Disney's expectations?

Oh, and to get back on topic of the original post, I wasn't sure if I was going to like the animation style before the series began, especially the whole "long legs" thing. But after watching the episodes so far, I'm really surprised at how much I'm liking it. Yes, they look a bit inhuman, but as was stated before, I think it's just the stylized approach they've taken with the overall design. And I'm kinda diggin' it!
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

emdeesee
User

on Sunday, July, 01, 2012 1:33 PM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:

If you can stand it, you can go see the Star Wars Christmas Special for yourself, thanks to the marvels of the internet.

WARNING: IT IS BAD Nothing you've been told can prepare you for how bad it is. Proceed with caution.

The animated stuff starts at around 56:00. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to link to it directly.

Edit: Here's a direct link to the animation; the quality is pretty low, though.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

becktherenegade
User

on Sunday, July, 01, 2012 1:58 PM
emdeesee Wrote:
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:

If you can stand it, you can go see the Star Wars Christmas Special for yourself, thanks to the marvels of the internet.

WARNING: IT IS BAD Nothing you've been told can prepare you for how bad it is. Proceed with caution.

The animated stuff starts at around 56:00. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to link to it directly.

Edit: Here's a direct link to the animation; the quality is pretty low, though.
lol ive seen pictures of this, but ive never actually watched it.... i must watch it soonabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

-Beck

becktherenegade
User

on Sunday, July, 01, 2012 2:00 PM
HooDooMan Wrote:I think the pace of the show is a result of the overall design by the director, producers, and writers.. Remember, this is only supposed to be a TEN-PART MINISERIES. And we've already seen three of them. So, I think by it's very nature, it has to have a quick pace in order to wrap up a lot of the unanswered questions, and explain how TRON became Rinzler.

Also, another reason the pace may be so quick is because it's primarily designed for a younger audience demographic. It's not so complex that it has to explain away everything, because it doesn't have to. It can be much simpler and still be entertaining to a younger audience.

Of course, it may also be another example of the rapid-fire, "I need constant stimulation", mindset of the ADD generation. But who knows. I just hope they extend it into a full series after the miniseries wraps up. Does anyone know what kind of reception TRON: Uprising has had in general so far? Has it met or exceeded Disney's expectations?

Oh, and to get back on topic of the original post, I wasn't sure if I was going to like the animation style before the series began, especially the whole "long legs" thing. But after watching the episodes so far, I'm really surprised at how much I'm liking it. Yes, they look a bit inhuman, but as was stated before, I think it's just the stylized approach they've taken with the overall design. And I'm kinda diggin' it!
theres only ten episodes? thats dissapointing... i wonder if theyll have a dvd with all of the episodes on it come out?
anyway, yes i like the animation as well... now that ive been looking at it as more it actually reminds me of something like the Batman animated series mixed with something Tim Burton would designorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

-Beck

LIT
User

on Sunday, July, 01, 2012 2:30 PM
becktherenegade Wrote:
HooDooMan Wrote:I think the pace of the show is a result of the overall design by the director, producers, and writers.. Remember, this is only supposed to be a TEN-PART MINISERIES. And we've already seen three of them. So, I think by it's very nature, it has to have a quick pace in order to wrap up a lot of the unanswered questions, and explain how TRON became Rinzler.

theres only ten episodes? thats dissapointing... i wonder if theyll have a dvd with all of the episodes on it come out?
anyway, yes i like the animation as well... now that ive been looking at it as more it actually reminds me of something like the Batman animated series mixed with something Tim Burton would design
There is 18 episodes! This is the source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118054368?refCatId=14order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

(a big thx to FlynnOne for the awesome pic)

Defending The Grid Against All Viruses And Rogue Programs

Minecraft Server: mcthegrid.no-ip.org

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING