Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 I feel this question needs to be asked. What is the point of the uprising?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
LWSrocks2
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 4:38 AM
We all know that Tesler is the villain, and Tesler does shady things- we learned tonight that he was, in fact, responsible for the deaths of Paige's friends- not the ISO's, like he made her believe. We know that he "took over" Argon City and killed Bodhi in cold blood. But if this answers the question of "Why is Beck rebelling?" it doesn't answer the question of why the citizens of Argon City OBVIOUSLY don't believe Tesler to be evil.

We see massive crowds chanting his name, we see Zed obviously against the renegade, so I ask; what makes him a villain? Why does there need to be uprising? What's he done to incite rebellion? If Beck succeeds in bringing down Tesler, the public will only see him as a villain.

becktherenegade
User

RE: I feel this question needs to be asked. What is the point of the uprising?

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 10:26 AM
My guess is that its almost like the deal with Hitler. If you aren't for him, your against him. they might either be fearing him, or they just don't see the side of Tesler that Beck sees. Beck witnessed them kill Bodhi (but then again so did zed, who is against the renegade).
Zed just really wants to fit in though in my opinion. He's just wanting to get attention from Mara, even if that means he's fighting for Clu and Tessler's side.

"why do you want programs to think he's alive?"
"maybe he is. and maybe if others think so too, theyll be braver, think for themesleves some more, not sit still for clu's rules"
-Beck

emdeesee
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 10:45 AM
The "uprising" is in opposition to the rise of Clu, his totalitarian regime, and his anti-user dogma. Beck is really just a proxy for Tron; it's Tron, fanatical in his loyalty to the users, who is the moral compass guiding the rebellion.

Tessler happens to be Clu's proxy in Argon City. If you're rebelling against Clu, and you're in Argon City, you're going to end up being in conflict with Tessler and Tessler's forces. (Nevermind that Tessler constantly demonstrates casual disregard for the lives and well-being of the programs he governs.)

It's a good question; what is the point of Uprising considering we know the Renegade's rebellion had little effect, and it ultimately required user intervention to overthrow Clu?

epicpwner333
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 10:48 AM
Tesler is evil. We all know that. However, largely thanks to Paige, he does things that keep him looking as the good guys to the citizens of Argon. However, I'm guessing that as he gets more and more frustrated at his inability to catch to The Renegade, he will stop listening to his advisors and begin doing things that will alienate both the citizens of Argon and possibly Paige. Killing her friends is gonna come back to bite him hard. We all know it.

spacedinosaurblue
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 11:03 PM
Personally I feel the end of "Isolated" is a bit of a double dodge - we're made to think that Paige merely has her prejudices reinforced since she didn't see Beck coming back for her, and Tessler reiterated the lie to her that earned him Paige's loyalty.

But Paige is no idiot, and has been observed to think outside her programming. She's exceptional. Odds are, she knows that Tessler is dirty, but is waiting to see what she should do - the right course of action.

KingJ.exe
User

on Saturday, July, 07, 2012 9:44 AM
I think what's going to happen is the pace she finds strength (Tessler never betraying her) is going to come crashing down around her at some point. Then we get into either a complete side swap and she leaves the military, or she works as an inside guy. Either way would be cool.

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

LWSrocks2
User

on Sunday, July, 08, 2012 7:29 PM
I do think it's fairly obvious that Paige will find out Tesler's intentions sooner or later. My theory is that she finds out and then joins the Renegade. I've noticed that Uprising's hero, Beck, doesn't have a female counterpart- Tron had Yori, Sam had Quorra, and I think Beck will end up working with Paige.

KingJ.exe
User

on Sunday, July, 08, 2012 7:40 PM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:I do think it's fairly obvious that Paige will find out Tesler's intentions sooner or later. My theory is that she finds out and then joins the Renegade. I've noticed that Uprising's hero, Beck, doesn't have a female counterpart- Tron had Yori, Sam had Quorra, and I think Beck will end up working with Paige.
Yeah, most definitely. But to answer your original question: A few programs know of CLU's real tyranny. A few programs know that the ISOs weren't really bad. These programs who know the truth comprise the uprising, or at least programs who want to revolt. The general public's acceptance of this is due to CLU's propaganda efforts, painting the ISOs as terrorists. See Paige's friends in Isolated for a perfect example. They think ISOs are crazy, can derez a program with their bare hands, etc. So CLU has the grid convinced he's there for their protection, which he's not. He's there to "create the perfect system" by having absolute and total control over everything on the grid. The programs that know this want a free system. (TRON especially would see similarities to the MCP) Hence the Uprising.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Find the archive here:

LWSrocks2
User

on Sunday, July, 08, 2012 8:07 PM
Right, but unless the true tyranny can be revealed to the public, the uprising is kinda rendered pointless. I mean, if there's almost universal support for CLU's regime, and you come up and take them down, they're going to see you as the bad guy. Say Beck takes them down. (He won't, or else they would've been gone by the beginning of Legacy; which brings up another issue entirely) Everybody is going to think he brought down the good guys. There will be even more uprisings, against the heroes.

KingJ.exe
User

on Sunday, July, 08, 2012 8:21 PM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:Right, but unless the true tyranny can be revealed to the public, the uprising is kinda rendered pointless. I mean, if there's almost universal support for CLU's regime, and you come up and take them down, they're going to see you as the bad guy. Say Beck takes them down. (He won't, or else they would've been gone by the beginning of Legacy; which brings up another issue entirely) Everybody is going to think he brought down the good guys. There will be even more uprisings, against the heroes.
I'm hoping they deal with this later. The programs are indoctrinated at the moment, so the uprising needs to do some covert propaganda of their own.

Find the archive here:

laphtiya
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 3:30 AM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:Right, but unless the true tyranny can be revealed to the public, the uprising is kinda rendered pointless. I mean, if there's almost universal support for CLU's regime, and you come up and take them down, they're going to see you as the bad guy. Say Beck takes them down. (He won't, or else they would've been gone by the beginning of Legacy; which brings up another issue entirely) Everybody is going to think he brought down the good guys. There will be even more uprisings, against the heroes.

Well thats kinda the point, at the moment it seems to be hindering the plans of Tesler and his forces (Guerrilla warfare kinda). Eventually when he has seeded enough doubt in the populace no doubt he will try and hit them with hard evidence. Programs lived in fear of the ISO's ability to be free and have no programming, they could choose and learn where as programs were limited. Clu saw this as imperfection and used this to rally the programs behind him to turn on Flynn, Tron and the IOS. But why did the programs not turn against Clu as you suggest? Didn't Clu take out the 'good guys'? Why wasn't there an instant uprising?

Is this before Flynn's attempt to fight back at Clu? Or is this after? We don't know yet, does Flynn take over Beck's uprising after he sees the effect on Argon?

It is similar to the Nazi regime, people applauded and cheered Hitler for what he did and how he brought a sense of dignity back to the German populace (he was man of the year according to Time magazine only a year before the war broke out). But after that people fought out of fear and that they had no choice, the same could be said for the programs of Argon. How many are TRUE supporters of Tesler and how many just don't want to be derezed? abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

LWSrocks2
User

on Tuesday, July, 10, 2012 1:12 AM
Well okay, here's an interesting theory. What if Bartik and Hopper serve as an important part of the Uprising? Here's what I think: Beck brings down Tesler, which causes Bartik and Hopper to start trying to spread the uprising through the grid- thats why we see them in the End of Line Club in Legacy. Like it's already sort of unraveling by the time we see Legacy. Maybe Clu comes after Beck in response, and turns him into Rinzler. I know there's been a lot of debate about that, and there's evidence against it (Tron's voice, etc.) but I can see the writers finding some way to attempt it, as some sort of plot twist. If not, they're going to have to explain Tron's sudden ability to fight. It's obvious he survived the attack depicted in the flashback scene, and wasn't rectified until later.

laphtiya
User

on Tuesday, July, 10, 2012 7:04 AM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:Well okay, here's an interesting theory. What if Bartik and Hopper serve as an important part of the Uprising? Here's what I think: Beck brings down Tesler, which causes Bartik and Hopper to start trying to spread the uprising through the grid- thats why we see them in the End of Line Club in Legacy. Like it's already sort of unraveling by the time we see Legacy. Maybe Clu comes after Beck in response, and turns him into Rinzler. I know there's been a lot of debate about that, and there's evidence against it (Tron's voice, etc.) but I can see the writers finding some way to attempt it, as some sort of plot twist. If not, they're going to have to explain Tron's sudden ability to fight. It's obvious he survived the attack depicted in the flashback scene, and wasn't rectified until later.

Rinzler isn't Beck, there is no way he could be. The fact that in Legacy Rinzler looks identical to Tron in the flashbacks during the early days of the Grid and that Beck wouldn't have remembered anything Tron remembers and finally Tron 'fights for the users' back does not. I'm sure that it is also listed somewhere that when Tron is in disguise he goes by the name Rinzler. This might be more interesting that it first seems because if thats so then does Clu know what Rinzler is Tron when he eventually rectifies him?

I agree that perhaps Argon is the start of the uprising that seems to be not going well in Legacy in Tron city. What do you mean by Tron's sudden ability to fight?where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

KingJ.exe
User

on Tuesday, July, 10, 2012 9:47 AM
I think he means the absence of 's injuries that kept him from leading the Uprising himself. We see them start to take effect in Identity, where he becomes weaker quicker. I think a more likely story is that CLU was able to repair the damage somehow, perhaps through the rectification process.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Find the archive here:

laphtiya
User

on Wednesday, July, 11, 2012 8:08 AM
KingJ.exe Wrote:I think he means the absence of 's injuries that kept him from leading the Uprising himself. We see them start to take effect in Identity, where he becomes weaker quicker. I think a more likely story is that CLU was able to repair the damage somehow, perhaps through the rectification process.

I assumed that the rectification process would have repaired Tron's damaged code as repurposing would cover changing the code of a program to some extent.

Gridbug95
User

on Wednesday, July, 11, 2012 3:25 PM
There is that whole sending innocent programs to die in the games deal that make tesler evil. lol Btw Paige is gonna pwn teslers skinny butt sometime in the series i betabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING