on Monday, July, 09, 2012 4:05 PM
The "How it Should Have Ended" Tron rap that the above screen cap is from. haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIMb3hGzWW8
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

KingJ.exe
User

RE: The Original TRON Movie Turns 30!

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 5:46 PM
Ahh memories... Lessee if I can remember here... I think the first time I heard of was when I had a passing interest in video game design, and checked out a book on it at my local library. Probably about 8-10 years ago. One of the exercises in this book was to make a lightcycles game clone, from the arcade. (I seem to remember the author didn't like the movie that much, but liked the game. I don't know what kind of wacky stuff he was on.) Next encounter was with the actual arcade in a pizza parlor. I blew my quarter fairly quickly, because when you have no idea what you're doing, you get derezzed quickly. Then, I saw the film in a rental store. My dad didn't think I'd like it, old school CGI and all. Boy was he wrong. We didn't rent it that day, but we did later, and I was hooked. I followed Legacy the instant I knew it would be made. I think I downloaded every wallpaper Disney released for it. Finally, I got to go to ElecTRONica, which is my greatest regret. I was too scared to push my way across the dance floor to get to Flynn's. So I never got the arcade tokens, or anything greater than a roleplay disc. The day Legacy came out on Blu-ray and DVD, I made sure I made it to a Wal-Mart to purchase both it and the original. But, to my (not-so-much) amusement, every store we stopped at (we were on vacation, stopped at quite a few Wal-Marts) was completely sold out of the original ! Finally, at my home store, I asked a customer service rep about it. He said that they didn't recieve a lot, because Disney didn't think they would sell well. Boy was Disney wrong! I went back every day that I knew they got a shipment, and by the time I got there, they were all sold out. I finally got a 2-disc DVD copy about two to three weeks later.

So there's my story for 's 30th. Not that stellar, but it is what it is.

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

emdeesee
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 9:09 PM
Okay, Gin and Tronic mixed, and queued up in the player. Let the festivities commence!

Live tweets!

DV8ER
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 9:42 PM
LOL Awesome. Can't believe it just turned 30, boy do I feel old.

DV8ER
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 9:47 PM
J Wrote:Feel a bit old. And VERY geeky, as I've currently got the damn film in my video editing software splicing the deleted scenes from the "extras" DVD into the regular film.

That's rather cool, I'd love to see the finished result!! Neat-o idea.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

BanditTron
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 10:23 PM
I was the rip old experienced age of 6 when I saw "TRON" in the theater. Like almost every other kid who saw it, it blew me away with the world it created. At that time I was big into Star Wars and lightsabers but now I just wanted to throw Frisbee's at my friends!

Tron is where it is at my fellow Programs, and now its time to return to the Grid that we were brought onto so long ago...

Gonna pop that into my PS3 and make some "Alan Bradley" popcorn and enjoy!

Happy 30th Anniversary TRON!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

HooDooMan
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 10:47 PM
Got home this evening, changed into some really comfy clothes, popped in the Blu-ray, popped up some popcorn, cracked open a cold beer and watched my most favorite movie of all time, TRON!

I just finished watching it...INCREDIBLE as always! Ya know, watching the new Blu-ray, they really did a fantastic job with the color correction and just overall cleaning up of the film. The colors just pop out at you! This film is a fantastic masterpiece!

Thanks for helping me relive one of the most impressionable (and enjoyable!) times of my youth. Happy Anniversary, TRON! abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Kat
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 10:53 PM
emdeesee Wrote:Okay, Gin and Tronic mixed, and queued up in the player. Let the festivities commence!

Hrm. I wonder how much tonic water is required to get the glowing result. 'Cause I'm not sure I'd appreciate the mix. (Not much of a gin drinker anyway, more due to lack of opportunity than anything. More of a vodka or Scotch type myself.)

I've never made a glowing mix, or one neon-colored, usually because it would require using ingredients I'm not so sure I'd like (anything Day-Glo is probably sweet and fruity, esp. if it's a mixer. As far as alcohol goes, I have not tried Chartreuse, Midori, Curacao, or Hpnotiq. Unfortunately, after a Google, I have learned that absinthe is not uv-reactive, though you might expect it to be!!).
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Quargzon
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 10:53 PM
Ha! That's interesting... The other day, on a whim, I just watch the original TRON and now it's the 30th anniversary 3 days later.

JoeMachos
User

on Saturday, July, 14, 2012 11:48 AM

Charly K-Tron
User

on Thursday, October, 25, 2012 1:27 AM
Greating programs

Im from Mexico City, Mexico, Im new in this page, I just 27 years old, but when I was just 7
I watch the 82 movie and I become a big fan!

Its amazing just to see how the Tron Movie become in to Wold Wide fenonenom.

See you later
My best regrets!

"We fight for the Users"

BanditTron
User

on Thursday, October, 25, 2012 12:17 PM
Charly K-Tron Wrote:Greating programs

Im from Mexico City, Mexico, Im new in this page, I just 27 years old, but when I was just 7
I watch the 82 movie and I become a big fan!

Its amazing just to see how the Tron Movie become in to Wold Wide fenonenom.

See you later
My best regrets!

Welcome to the Forum!

It's always great to have another Tron fan here.

VJFranzK
User

on Saturday, October, 27, 2012 3:29 AM
I was another kid who saw it on the big screen in '82 - simply amazing.

My friend and I both did that as a Halloween costume costume that year - I think he was Fynn and I was Tron?

Didn't get a VHS for a long time, but I had the ( simplified plot! ) STORY TAPE which came with a book! ( I wonder where that is? )
action figures and the Tomy LED Game which is the "jewel of my collection"?

I'll answer my own question - it looks like there ISN'T going to be a 3D re-release of the original Tron -
http://furiousfanboys.com/2012/01/tron-3d-in-september-maybe-not/

That's too bad - but you never know what the future will bring, right?

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

See my Channel, with Reviews of Electronic Music Gear, Visuals and High Tech Culture
www.YouTube.com/VJFranzK

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 The Original TRON Movie Turns 30!