Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 TRON 30th Anniversary Event in Hollywood on 10/27/12 - Tickets Are Now On Sale

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
VJFranzK
User

RE: TRON 30th Anniversary Event in Hollywood on 10/27/12 - Tickets Are Now On Sale

on Tuesday, October, 30, 2012 12:43 AM
re: Laserman and Mobius8 compared ( see both of them in various videos on YouTube )

Though they both use lasers, Laserman ( from the past ElecTRONica event at California Adventure ) appears to be a dancer reacting to a beam coming up from below ( at times, resembling a green MCP ;-) There may also be laser emitters in his hands, for when he does the "darth maul" type beam spinning?

Dancer Vs. Musicians

I know electronic music because I make it. Mobius8 was a doing a live performance in a way similar to that of DeadMau5 or Daft Punk - the beams are distance sensors used to control various parameters on 2? Macbooks running Ableton Live. I also noticed he had an array of foot pedals - that's a lot of controllers to play! But designing and setting it up - THAT must have been the greatest challenge.

I only wish they'd had some actual movie costume pieces in the display. I read that Jeff Bridges kept his helmet, and there was either a helmet or full suit on display at Disneyland.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

See my Channel, with Reviews of Electronic Music Gear, Visuals and High Tech Culture
www.YouTube.com/VJFranzK

ShadowDragon1
User

RE: TRON 30th Anniversary Event in Hollywood on 10/27/12 - Tickets Are Now On Sale

on Tuesday, October, 30, 2012 1:06 AM
It was pretty damn awesome all around.

I wonder why the Disc of Tron arcade game was non-operational, it was plugged in, and either not switched on or not-functioning for some reason. Other than that it was great to see Bruce Boxleitner, Steven Lisberger and all the others that showed up.

I got to say "Hi! Love your work on TRON" directly to Steve Lisberger, Harrison Ellenshaw, and Richard Taylor. Said hello and introduced my self to a few cosplayers. I LOVE the Quorra party dress cosplayer Victoria "Scruffy Rebel, and Annisse's Quorra is always EPIC, and the woman in the perfect SARK costume was AWESOME.

I shouted "Tron Lives" out to Bruce when he first appeared in front of the "30th Anniversary" banner, and he replied "indeed he does!" lol it was pretty dang cool.
I did wish the bar had the ingredients to make a "Grasshopper" as its the only alchoholic drink I really enjoy.

Was able to get some fruit punch added to my free drink which was a Vodka on ice. I'm very lightweight when it comes to drinking. lol good thing I drank 12 oz. of water before or my stomach would be in knots.

It was a pretty fun night, played Tron arcade a few times, and looked at all the cool tron items in the glass cases. Didn't really dance to any of the music (75-80% was realy pretty good, not my style/grove/tastesk, but very nice, I pretty much ignored the dubstep crap.)

Had to split at 12: 59 to make a rush down to where I could catch the LA Metro bus on Hollywood and Vine at 1:30 am to get back to where I live as it's the last bus until it starts running again at 4:55 AM! Great night, was wired from the vodka until I got home. lol.

Hopefully there will be a even bigger and better Tron 32nd or 35th Aniversery Celebration in a few years and *maybe* the organizers could maybe somehow pull off getting to re-unite the cast of Bruce along with Cindy, Peter Jurasik, Dan Shor, Jeff Bridges and maybe David Warner for the 32nd or 35 aniversary of TRON. But alas, it's maybe just a dream. Major kudos to all the organizers and what they DID manage to pull off.

A HUGE thanks for Bruce Boxleitner for showing up even though he had a Cold and a sore throat. I pray SOMEONE from Disney was paying attention. The Chinese theater was filled, if you make TRON 3, WE (all Tron fans everywhrere) WILL COME TO SEE IT. FFS.... please, Tron is not the "black sheep"/"Skeleton" in your closet.
Please stop treating TRON like it's Condor Man. Please.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

VJFranzK
User

on Tuesday, October, 30, 2012 1:47 AM
Somebody else remembers Condor Man? ;-) ( spy + superhero parody from 1981 ) I thought it was b-movie cool, but I agree, we're not likely to see a "reboot" of it!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condormanorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

See my Channel, with Reviews of Electronic Music Gear, Visuals and High Tech Culture
www.YouTube.com/VJFranzK

emdeesee
User

on Tuesday, October, 30, 2012 12:23 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:Hopefully there will be a even bigger and better Tron 32nd or 35th Aniversery Celebration in a few years...

Oh, man - I've got to start planning for 0x20. If 30 was any indication, it's going to be awesome.

Highlights of the evening for me:

• Seeing the film on the big screen again. Everything crisp and clear and bright and huge.
  • Meeting some of you; a regret of the evening was that I didn't get to meet more. (How do you tell which is the extroverted Tron fan? She's the one staring at your shoes.)
  • The panel discussion was fantastic. I particularly enjoyed Bonnie MacBird and Alan Kay, and hearing from Bill Kroyer and Jerry Rees about what Disney was like at the time, and getting started with the production of .
  • The print graphics generated for the event and scattered around the venue. Fantastic.
  • The music/performance; loved it.
  • Two words: Cos tooms

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 TRON 30th Anniversary Event in Hollywood on 10/27/12 - Tickets Are Now On Sale