Other Sectors 
 Disney acquires Lucasfilm for 3.5 billion

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Alan1
User

on Tuesday, October, 30, 2012 11:52 PM
Another nail in the TRON franchise coffin. Dude, where's my Disney?!

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

clu.exe
User

RE: Disney acquires Lucasfilm for 3.5 billion

on Wednesday, October, 31, 2012 12:24 AM
Alan1 Wrote:Another nail in the TRON franchise coffin. Dude, where's my Disney?!

sounds like a new now disney star wars series..order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Singing: All I want for christmas is a Tron Legacy Identity Disc Replica...

ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, October, 31, 2012 12:29 AM
This won't end well.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

clu.exe
User

on Wednesday, October, 31, 2012 12:31 AM
ShadowSpark Wrote:This won't end well.

By this meaning tron or star wars? coz it might be both.. hope they prove me wrong

Singing: All I want for christmas is a Tron Legacy Identity Disc Replica...

ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, October, 31, 2012 1:12 AM
clu.exe Wrote:

By this meaning tron or star wars? coz it might be both.. hope they prove me wrong

'This' being Star Wars. If they make Leia into a Disney Princess, I'm going to throw up. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, October, 31, 2012 2:44 AM
Leia is already a princess. Disney hasn't done anything with the Tron franchise to make you feel Tron is or will be screwed up, so why so mean to them, ShadowSpark? Yori and Quorra haven't been made Disney Princesses. I think Disney deserves some credit. It's not a foregone conclusion that Star Wars will all the sudden become Wizards of Waverly Place or Leia will become the next Cinderella. I'm pretty comfortable and happy with the change in ownership, considering some of the latest Star Wars offerings, and Disney's treatment of recent franchises and IPs. Kudos and congratulations to Lucas for his efforts to keep the franchise alive for the years to come.

PS: I read in a few places the price was actually about $4.05B, not $3.5B

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

tronprogram
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, October, 31, 2012 4:11 AM
As happy as I am that we're getting Episodes 7, 8 and 9 of Star Wars, this could all be very bad news for the future of TRON.

The animated Clone Wars show does much better in the ratings than Uprising, which could now easily get cancelled and have its slot taken by the Clone Wars.

And if Disney are ploughing their resources into a new SW trilogy, it could easily leave TRON 3 in limbo. SW is far greater box office success so TRON could easily vanish again for a while (obviously I hope it doesn't).

So, I'm happy yet apprehensive about how this all works out.

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

trekking95
User

on Wednesday, October, 31, 2012 6:45 AM
Alan1 Wrote:Another nail in the TRON franchise coffin. Dude, where's my Disney?!
That's like saying when Disney bought Star Wars it killed Marvel. They won't effect each other.
clu.exe Wrote:sounds like a new now disney star wars series..
Which has been needed before there even was a Star Wars!
ShadowSpark Wrote:'This' being Star Wars. If they make Leia into a Disney Princess, I'm going to throw up.
Did they make Black Widow into a Disney Princess? Guys, you have to remember Disney did The Avengers. It was not even close to a flop. And look at Pirates of the Caribbean, it's not kids stuff.
Traahn Wrote:Leia is already a princess. Disney hasn't done anything with the Tron franchise to make you feel Tron is or will be screwed up, so why so mean to them, ShadowSpark? Yori and Quorra haven't been made Disney Princesses. I think Disney deserves some credit. It's not a foregone conclusion that Star Wars will all the sudden become Wizards of Waverly Place or Leia will become the next Cinderella. I'm pretty comfortable and happy with the change in ownership, considering some of the latest Star Wars offerings, and Disney's treatment of recent franchises and IPs. Kudos and congratulations to Lucas for his efforts to keep the franchise alive for the years to come.

Same here! order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

J
User

on Wednesday, October, 31, 2012 7:34 AM
Honestly?

My inner smartass will NOT stop cracking jokes. Heck, I think the moderator for the old Kink Meme and I were making comparisons between Flynn and the Jedi Exile at one point. And Force knows Tronzler has the whole Darth Vader thing going on - complete with last minute sacrifice/redemption. (PLEASE, Disney, cut Yori a better deal than Padme got saddled with...)

Of course, the whole thing just leaves me with some silly mental images:

Kingdom Hearts with a KOTOR level! (With T3-M4 as your guest party member...and might as well get Raphel Sbarge to KEEP playing Jiminy.)

Jet Bradley and Mercury can now keep Lady Revan and Mr. Exile company.

Theran Cedrax absolutely squealing over the prospect of getting digitized and Holiday dressed up as a Siren.

Beck as a Rebel hero fighting Grand Moff Tessler with Paige as an Emperor's Hand.

The Geonosian Game Grid

Clone Army Black Guard

Han Solo kicking butt on a lightcycle.

ADDENDUM: And in the EU, there is a Force school (Zeison Sha) that fights with discs instead of lightsabers. They're also, in contrast to Jedi, almost fanatically family and community oriented.

And taking it to other franchises:

Monkey Island meets Treasure Planet! (Elaine and Amelia could compare notes on how to be the Only Sane Woman)

Sam and Max meet Lilo and Sitch (It's not a question of if city blocks get leveled, it's HOW MANY) where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, October, 31, 2012 4:38 PM

tronprogram Wrote:
As happy as I am that we're getting Episodes 7, 8 and 9 of Star Wars, this could all be very bad news for the future of TRON.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with tronprogram. Star Wars is already a huge successful franchise, while TRON is still trying to make its way there. With Disney owning Star Wars, they'll pour all their resources into it and could put TRON 3 on the backburner, now that they don't have to compete with it.

I really hope not. Also, I'm not sure whether Disney making new Star Wars is a good or bad thing. But considering Lucas' prequels weren't all that great, who knows. Maybe they'll manage to do better?

I actually thought the news of Disney buying Star Wars was some kind of early April Fool's joke when I first heard it. Geez. First the Muppets, then Pixar, Marvel, and now Lucasfilm? Crazy. Disney is becoming a gigantic powerhouse.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, October, 31, 2012 4:51 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

tronprogram Wrote:

Unfortunately, I have to agree with tronprogram. Star Wars is already a huge successful franchise, while TRON is still trying to make its way there. With Disney owning Star Wars, they'll pour all their resources into it and could put TRON 3 on the backburner, now that they don't have to compete with it.

I really hope not. Also, I'm not sure whether Disney making new Star Wars is a good or bad thing. But considering Lucas' prequels weren't all that great, who knows. Maybe they'll manage to do better?

I actually thought the news of Disney buying Star Wars was some kind of early April Fool's joke when I first heard it. Geez. First the Muppets, then Pixar, Marvel, and now Lucasfilm? Crazy. Disney is becoming a gigantic powerhouse.

I don't think this is going to affect the future of TRON. If the way they handle Marvel is any indication, it seems like they handle companies they pick up pretty loosely. Like, the average person doesn't even know that Disney owns ESPN or ABC, and they weren't plastering their name all over the Marvel movies that came out ever since they picked them up.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Kat
User

on Wednesday, October, 31, 2012 5:45 PM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
clu.exe Wrote:

'This' being Star Wars. If they make Leia into a Disney Princess, I'm going to throw up.

Oh, I never thought of that.

Though part of me thinks that's just what the Disney Princess lineup needs. Leia's pretty much my favorite action heroine ever. She doesn't dress in ridiculous slutty clothing (who'd actually wear heels to run/fight for her life in, or want to worry about her boobs popping out of her top???), she can fly or shoot anything, she stands up to torture and still lies to Darth Vader's face, she can go "undercover," she risks a hell of a lot she has awesome hair, and she lands Harrison Ford. That sounds like more for little girls to look up to than the current bunch. Sad that a heroine from the 70s is probably better, from a feminist standpoint, than many today.

But like J, I saw a ton of Star Wars parallels from the first time I saw T:L, so...

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, October, 31, 2012 6:20 PM
J Wrote:Honestly?

My inner smartass will NOT stop cracking jokes. Heck, I think the moderator for the old Kink Meme and I were making comparisons between Flynn and the Jedi Exile at one point. And Force knows Tronzler has the whole Darth Vader thing going on - complete with last minute sacrifice/redemption. (PLEASE, Disney, cut Yori a better deal than Padme got saddled with...)

Of course, the whole thing just leaves me with some silly mental images:

Kingdom Hearts with a KOTOR level! (With T3-M4 as your guest party member...and might as well get Raphel Sbarge to KEEP playing Jiminy.)

Jet Bradley and Mercury can now keep Lady Revan and Mr. Exile company.

Theran Cedrax absolutely squealing over the prospect of getting digitized and Holiday dressed up as a Siren.

Beck as a Rebel hero fighting Grand Moff Tessler with Paige as an Emperor's Hand.

The Geonosian Game Grid

Clone Army Black Guard

Han Solo kicking butt on a lightcycle.

ADDENDUM: And in the EU, there is a Force school (Zeison Sha) that fights with discs instead of lightsabers. They're also, in contrast to Jedi, almost fanatically family and community oriented.

And taking it to other franchises:

Monkey Island meets Treasure Planet! (Elaine and Amelia could compare notes on how to be the Only Sane Woman)

Sam and Max meet Lilo and Sitch (It's not a question of if city blocks get leveled, it's HOW MANY)

No-no-no-no-no-no-no!

Tron Lives!

trekking95
User

on Wednesday, October, 31, 2012 9:45 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:If the way they handle Marvel is any indication, it seems like they handle companies they pick up pretty loosely.
Ummm............ what?

And guys, stop saying Disney will mess up Star Wars. Did they make The Avengers or POTC into kids stuff?

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

cirlin
User

on Wednesday, October, 31, 2012 11:22 PM
Another way to think about it is that this could be good for Tron. SW is a huge money-maker so it might generate enough revenue that they feel more comfortable trying more Tron stuff, despite it being less of a "sure thing".
On the TV front; I think part of the reason Uprising isn't getting huge ratings is because it's on Disney , a channel I had never even heard of until a few months before Uprising premiered. If they put it on some other channels (regular disney, and ABC saturday mornings or something) I think things would be going much better (not that we really know how well it's doing, but the impression I've gotten is "good, but not great". Kinda like how Tron always does).abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Gridbug95
User

on Thursday, November, 01, 2012 10:20 AM
Sam and Max meet Lilo and Stitch! You my friend are a Geeeniuuus!

Qix77
User

on Thursday, November, 01, 2012 11:45 AM
I see this as going either way. It depends on the writing and directing (and continuity). However, it seems that Disney is already rushing to make a new Star Wars movie. 2015??? How long did they consider this before acquiring Lucas Films? All I got to say is "Please don't suck!!!!!".

cool83
User

on Thursday, November, 01, 2012 3:42 PM
cirlin Wrote:Another way to think about it is that this could be good for Tron. SW is a huge money-maker so it might generate enough revenue that they feel more comfortable trying more Tron stuff, despite it being less of a "sure thing".
On the TV front; I think part of the reason Uprising isn't getting huge ratings is because it's on Disney , a channel I had never even heard of until a few months before Uprising premiered. If they put it on some other channels (regular disney, and ABC saturday mornings or something) I think things would be going much better (not that we really know how well it's doing, but the impression I've gotten is "good, but not great". Kinda like how Tron always does).

Disney is the problem. It's just not attracting the young boy crowd they wanted, and Tron: Uprising and Motorcity are suffering. All things Tron and cool have suffered from poor ddecision making by Disney Executives. From cutting the advertising for the Original Tron to placing the best animated series in recent memory on a channel to nowhere.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, November, 01, 2012 5:09 PM
trekking95 Wrote:
TRON.dll Wrote:If the way they handle Marvel is any indication, it seems like they handle companies they pick up pretty loosely.
Ummm............ what?

I mean they don't maintain a super-tight level of control over those companies. You don't see Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on ESPN or Goofy showing up in Marvel movies.

Also, if this would affect the future of Tron in a negative way, then every Marvel and PIxar movie would have already. We don't have anything to worry about apart from the quality of the upcoming Star Wars trilogy.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

KingJ.exe
User

on Thursday, November, 01, 2012 7:51 PM
Right now, all I can do is sorta marvel (pun not intended) that SW is getting 7,8, and 9. It's been over and done outside of spinoffs and EU for seven years. It's weird. I can only hope it does good things for TRON. Perhaps they'll throw Clone Wars on Disney X D without canceling Uprising, and both the channel and Uprising will get more notice.

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors