AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
cool83
User

RE: Disney acquires Lucasfilm for 3.5 billion

on Friday, November, 02, 2012 3:22 AM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
clu.exe Wrote:
ShadowSpark Wrote:This won't end well.

By this meaning tron or star wars? coz it might be both.. hope they prove me wrong

'This' being Star Wars. If they make Leia into a Disney Princess, I'm going to throw up.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

cool83
User

on Friday, November, 02, 2012 3:25 AM
KingJ.exe Wrote:Right now, all I can do is sorta marvel (pun not intended) that SW is getting 7,8, and 9. It's been over and done outside of spinoffs and EU for seven years. It's weird. I can only hope it does good things for TRON. Perhaps they'll throw Clone Wars on Disney X D without canceling Uprising, and both the channel and Uprising will get more notice.

Clone Wars on Disney X D. That might just save our series. Excellent idea.

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, November, 02, 2012 4:03 AM
Wait since when is Pocahontas a Disney Princess ©

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

laphtiya
User

on Friday, November, 02, 2012 4:46 AM
OMG reading all these posts made me chuckle, from the This means Tron 3 will get canned to making Leia a disney princess.

Okay where to start, Disney have bought Lucas film this is true. But Lucas film is NOT disney just as much as Marvel is NOT Disney, they just own it. The co head of Lucas film is now the head of Lucas film and Mr Lucas himself still has final say over where the direction of Star Wars goes while he is still alive just as he always has with the extended universe stuff. Basically the companies run themselves and control their own finances just as always but they have the resources of Disney to pull upon also in exchange for some of the profit.

Lets not forget Star Wars was in the process of making more Clone Wars, making a TV show and 7 8 and 9 have been in the works since the 80s. Lucas was just content on what he had and didn't really want to push these but Disney have seen that Star Wars has a potential market to make a lot of money.

Is this a bad thing for Tron? No, if anything this is a GOOD thing for Tron. If Disney have more money in their pocket from profits made from the new Star Wars projects then this could mean they are more likely to fund other projects that while make profit they don't make a lot of it. They might even be content with a movie that only makes 20-50 million if they have a franchise pulling in 500 million per movie in profits.

NickScalan
User

on Friday, November, 02, 2012 12:29 PM

You mess with my sisters, you have to deal with me

Nick,

"Bring me two Piña Coladas...one for each hand" - Garth Brooks

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, November, 02, 2012 1:23 PM

laphtiya Wrote:
OMG reading all these posts made me chuckle, from the This means Tron 3 will get canned

Nobody is saying Tron 3 will be canned. Just that there won't be any rush to make it. If another Star Wars film was being brought out by Fox, Disney would try to counter it with something like Tron. Now they don't have to.

Disney making bank on Star Wars could lead to them taking more risks and be willing to accept lower profit margins on other projects, true. We'll just have to wait and see.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

LIT
User

on Friday, November, 02, 2012 6:21 PM

(a big thx to FlynnOne for the awesome pic)

Defending The Grid Against All Viruses And Rogue Programs

Minecraft Server: mcthegrid.no-ip.org

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, November, 03, 2012 1:00 AM
From what I've been reading, it looks like everyone in this thread is assuming that Disney internal marketing works like this:

"We have a successful franchise. But now we have another successful franchise. Lets throw successful franchise A out the window in favor of successful franchise B. We wouldn't want too much money now, would we?"order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, November, 04, 2012 12:34 AM

TRON.dll Wrote:
From what I've been reading, it looks like everyone in this thread is assuming that Disney internal marketing works like this:

"We have a successful franchise. But now we have another successful franchise. Lets throw successful franchise A out the window in favor of successful franchise B. We wouldn't want too much money now, would we?"

As big as Disney is now, they still don't have unlimited funds. They have to pick their priorities, and then fund those projects.

Any Star Wars films are going to be their number one priority, because they have the greatest chance of success. They'll also cost a fortune to produce. Then next in line will probably be Marvel projects, particularly if the full rights revert back to Disney. Marvel properties also have a huge appeal and a great chance of success.

After that, then Tron might finally slot in at third place. By the time Disney has calculated their budgets for the next few years, there might not be much left for a third Tron film. So they'll postpone it a while. That's the concern. Not that they'll cancel it.

I'm still getting the sense that Disney wants to build up Tron into another franchise comparable in popularity to the others. But it's clearly going to take a while, yet.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Kat
User

on Saturday, November, 10, 2012 11:07 PM
I realized today (upon hearing a mention of Disney acquiring Lucasfilms) that I would love to have a time machine to go back and cast Harrison Ford in Tron.

That mischievous smile. "Trust me, I'm a user." Yes. He may have even made a great Kevin Flynn, tbh with you. The character would have a slightly different flavor, but I think Ford could've done a great job.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

laphtiya
User

on Monday, November, 12, 2012 11:21 AM
Kat Wrote:I realized today (upon hearing a mention of Disney acquiring Lucasfilms) that I would love to have a time machine to go back and cast Harrison Ford in Tron.

That mischievous smile. "Trust me, I'm a user." Yes. He may have even made a great Kevin Flynn, tbh with you. The character would have a slightly different flavor, but I think Ford could've done a great job.

If anything Ford would have probably ended up being Tron.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

LORD_Z3DD
User

on Monday, November, 12, 2012 1:56 PM
Kat Wrote: She doesn't dress in ridiculous slutty clothing

Also while she was pretty feminist in episode IV, After The empire Strikes Back she became nothing more than han's love interest. It's really a shame, because in " A New Hope " she was so badass she leaded her own rescue mission!.

Also It's just me or does anyone else fears that they are going to replace Carrie fisher seeing how she looks nothing like she did back in the original trilogy?

Kat
User

on Monday, November, 12, 2012 10:40 PM
LORD_Z3DD Wrote:
Right, but that wasn't by her own choice-- she got stuck doing that BECAUSE she went undercover as a badass and happened to get caught (and as she found out-- as a woman doing the job, she had the most to lose if caught [all the men just got locked up] but she still did it, which means she's got extra-steel huevos). I imagine she probably also could have found a way to escape or be rescued but she stuck around to help out everyone else.
Unless you want to also argue that Chewie was a wuss because he allowed himself to appear as a "captive" on that same rescue mission (and Lando, too, was undercover).

LORD_Z3DD Wrote:Also while she was pretty feminist in episode IV, After The empire Strikes Back she became nothing more than han's love interest. It's really a shame, because in " A New Hope " she was so badass she leaded her own rescue mission!.

Also remember that on Endor she was flying a speeder while shooting things, evades the Stormtroopers, can take care of herself when she crashes and lands alone in the woods, and then befriends the natives (which proves to be to everyone's advantage later when the Ewoks help them out).

None of those things sound to me like the actions of someone who's merely Han's love interest...

laphtiya Wrote:If anything Ford would have probably ended up being Tron.
I just... can't see him as Tron/Alan, no matter how hard I try. They've both got too much of that innocent/boy scout/do-gooder thing going on, where Ford's more suited to the charming rogue. The only part I could see him doing really well as Alan is the conversation between Flynn/Alan/Lora, where Flynn suggests breaking into Encom and suddenly stodgy Alan slowly gets this beautiful smile on his face, like "well it took you long enough to suggest we get in trouble!"where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Alan1
User

on Wednesday, November, 14, 2012 5:00 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

tronprogram Wrote:
As happy as I am that we're getting Episodes 7, 8 and 9 of Star Wars, this could all be very bad news for the future of TRON.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with tronprogram. Star Wars is already a huge successful franchise, while TRON is still trying to make its way there. With Disney owning Star Wars, they'll pour all their resources into it and could put TRON 3 on the backburner, now that they don't have to compete with it.

I really hope not. Also, I'm not sure whether Disney making new Star Wars is a good or bad thing. But considering Lucas' prequels weren't all that great, who knows. Maybe they'll manage to do better?

I actually thought the news of Disney buying Star Wars was some kind of early April Fool's joke when I first heard it. Geez. First the Muppets, then Pixar, Marvel, and now Lucasfilm? Crazy. Disney is becoming a gigantic powerhouse.

Why should they try to make TRON work, when they can sit back and ride the Star Wars train? All, repeat, ALL resources and talent will be diverted to Star Wars and Marvel. I suspect Disney made TRON Uprising, to compete with Clone Wars. Now that they own Star Wars, why spend energy with a competing franchise like TRON? I hope I'm wrong, but Disney doesn't even fully support TRON. Where's the T:U merch? Very telling. TRON should have been a big presence in Wreck-it Ralph, but was no where to be found, and it's Disney's property!! No TRON arcade Games in the theme parks, no merch. DIsney has a long history of being a "dead beat parent" with the TRON franchise. The writing is on the jet-walls folks!

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

Gridbug95
User

on Wednesday, November, 14, 2012 5:35 PM
Thats true, Disney is lame. Maybe LucasFilms should take over tron. Then TRON3 can at least have endless senate scenes, whiny teenage romance, and maybe a couple annoying sidekicks, I'm thinking BIT a-la jar-jar.

Kat
User

on Wednesday, November, 14, 2012 9:21 PM
Gridbug95 Wrote:endless senate scenes
Encom board meetings (aka Sam-as-CEO).

Gridbug95 Wrote:whiny teenage romance
A badly-written Quorra/Sam relationship (please screenplay gods, don't let this happen).

Gridbug95 Wrote:a couple annoying sidekicks
Jarvis and Zustor.

Oh yes, things could go quite wrong with bad writing...abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Alan1
User

on Monday, December, 03, 2012 1:03 AM
Speaking of mash-ups, I would love to see VinC.E.N.T. tell off C3po or a Star Destroyer go up against The U.S.S. Cygnus! abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 Disney acquires Lucasfilm for 3.5 billion