THE STRANGER - TRON: UPRISING Episode

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
ShadowSpark
User

RE: THE STRANGER - TRON: UPRISING Episode

on Tuesday, December, 18, 2012 6:47 PM
BanditTron Wrote:SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
haha, at what point do we stop doing spoiler tags? The episode is officially released afterall? For those that haven't seen it yet I would think that avoiding the thread that is meant for discussion on the episode would just be avoided until after they watch it. Thats what I do.

Hmm...you have a point. The way I've seen it done on other forums for weekly shows is that one stops using spoiler tags when the next episode comes out. Meaning that we would stop using them here once 'Tagged' airs. *shrugs*

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

LORD_Z3DD
User

on Tuesday, December, 18, 2012 10:44 PM
My biggest problem with this episode is that we spend 17 minutes of building up the stranger's plan , and then we get a 10 second fight scene, it really is a dissapointing climax .

Also the Black Guard are self- defeating now, that's awesome! Now let me ask you a question, how is this legion of Clowns keeping the grid under control? When the normal thugs from Purgos are a bigger threat than your elite force, you are doing it wrong ,CLU

With that said, The visuals in this episode were amazing, The Stranger's prison was awesome, also is anyone else getting a Tron 2.0 Vibe from that place? or is it just me?

Anyway, things really got exciting now, though im wondering how exactly did the Strenger build his weapon and if the new recognizer has something to do with it (maybe it was designed to destroy it before it detonates?)

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, December, 19, 2012 12:44 AM

typicaltronname Wrote:
SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
Just finished watching the episode and I have to ask, where is everyone getting "Cyrus" from? I didn' t see a reference to him in this episode.

Still using spoiler tags for now . . .

I think you're right, I don't recall his name being mentioned. We were supposed to make the connection in the recap at the beginning of the episode, where they briefly showed Cyrus as the guard that saved TRON from Dyson.

His name is also mentioned in the voice credits at the end of the episode. "Aaron Paul as Cyrus".

Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
Also, this was in the Outlands, right? Where Programs can't function on foot except for air vehicles?

If so, would'nt Beck's bike go out of commission simply by going into the Outlands? Even himself, losing energy?

It wasn't that programs couldn't enter the Outlands on foot, back in TRON Legacy. It was their vehicles that malfunctioned because they weren't designed for the terrain.

A new off-road design would be required for a vehicle to enter the Outlands, like the one Quorra had. Though why CLU or some other program couldn't design a new vehicle themselves, I don't know. The film seemed to imply only Flynn could create a new vehicle. Yet, here in Uprising, CLU and his henchmen have managed to create a Super Recognizer. Go figure.

You're right about Beck travelling through the Outlands. He seems to be doing just fine on his Light Cycle. Again, go figure. So does that mean Flynn gave a modified Light Cycle to TRON, who then passed it on to Beck?

Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
I also wonder if Beck's odd vision of Tron and CLU might be a manipulation of CLU reaching out to him? Almost like the Emperor pulling Anakin Skywalker's strings?

I'm guessing Beck's contact with Cyrus has affected him slightly, made him susceptible to CLU's influence now. Cyrus was a guard working for Dyson and CLU, and it looks like perhaps Cyrus wasn't able to overcome his conditioning. Which is why TRON had to imprison him.

Tesla's theory about Cyrus and Beck once being the same program is interesting, though. Could explain a lot in this episode.

P.S. BEST. EPISODE. EVAR. The TRON/TRON 2.0 aesthetic was a welcome surprise.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Theflynnabides
User

on Wednesday, December, 19, 2012 9:02 AM
Charlie bean confirmed that Aaron's character is Cyrus, as per the Cyrus-Beck Algorithm.

https://twitter.com/TylerHallKuch/status/280743467422990336

He re-tweeted it for a reason, guys!abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Yea, well, that's just like, your opinion, man...

renderinfo2
User

on Wednesday, December, 19, 2012 10:08 AM
LORD_Z3DD Wrote:...Now let me ask you a question, how is this legion of Clowns keeping the grid under control? ...
Interesting question, but rationally, I can explain it away pretty easily.
One, the guards are "better fighters" than the "average program", and two, much more importantly, there are thousands upon thousands of them. If every other program on the grid was in full revolt mode, you could still make a case that Clu "controls" the majority of programs on the grid, and therefore, controls the grid...

Just my thoughts...

Murdock.dat
User

on Wednesday, December, 19, 2012 1:37 PM
This was by far the most visually stunning episode so far.

The compressed space felt like a mix of 2010 and Tron 2.0, with a little 2001 vision trip kicking in while they were on top of the weapon sphere.

The Stranger was talking about making an emp blast, basically that was what happened when Flynn and Clu were re-integrated, so that certainly lends credence to the theory that Beck and Cyrus were once the same program because it looks like that was what The Stranger was trying to do is re-integrate with Beck, whether he[Cyrus] realized it or not.

"On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy."

LORD_Z3DD
User

on Wednesday, December, 19, 2012 7:20 PM
renderinfo2 Wrote:
LORD_Z3DD Wrote:...Now let me ask you a question, how is this legion of Clowns keeping the grid under control? ...
One, the guards are "better fighters" than the "average program", and two, much more importantly, there are thousands upon thousands of them. If every other program on the grid was in full revolt mode, you could still make a case that Clu "controls" the majority of programs on the grid, and therefore, controls the grid...

Just my thoughts...

Thats why an old mechanic can defeat them easily? what about the terrified program from the beginning of " Grounded"? She defeated a black guard by pushing him, so I assume her fighting skills make Tron look like an Amateur.

Also in an unrelated note, The Stranger's prison is in the outlands , remember where Tron/rinzler appeared to Beck for the first time? Seems to me that Tron was heading home after making a little visit to the Stranger and found Beck.

anonymouspunk89
User

on Wednesday, December, 19, 2012 8:01 PM
LORD_Z3DD Wrote:
renderinfo2 Wrote:

Just my thoughts...

Thats why an old mechanic can defeat them easily? what about the terrified program from the beginning of " Grounded"? She defeated a black guard by pushing him, so I assume her fighting skills make Tron look like an Amateur.

Also in an unrelated note, The Stranger's prison is in the outlands , remember where Tron/rinzler appeared to Beck for the first time? Seems to me that Tron was heading home after making a little visit to the Stranger and found Beck.

To be fair, I think there's more to Abel (I hope I'm spelling that right) than meets the eye, I mean the guy knows Tron for User's sake.
And on the unrelated note, I do believe you may be onto something there program.

KingJ.exe
User

on Thursday, December, 20, 2012 12:44 AM
Also, the program at the beginning of Grounded could be explained simply by saying she got lucky and surprised the guard. He wasn't defeated, more like, knocked down for a sec.))

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

ShadowSpark
User

on Thursday, December, 20, 2012 5:55 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:Also, the program at the beginning of Grounded could be explained simply by saying she got lucky and surprised the guard. He wasn't defeated, more like, knocked down for a sec.))

If the Black Guard are supposed to be programs Tron trained(see Scars pt 2), that doesn't say much for his early training tactics. And you'd think since that one guard at the beginning of Grounded was waiting for that program to land there, it'd be a little tougher to surprise him. I dunno, maybe the Black Guards in Argon are those who weren't good enough to fight for Clu directly?

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

spacedinosaurblue
User

on Sunday, December, 30, 2012 5:20 PM
Just a random note about programs, vehicles, and the outlands:

In Legacy when Quorra reassures Sam that they won't be immediately pursued, I think it's safe to assume she is only talking about the black guards and Clu on their arena spec light cycles. Those vehicles were only designed for Grid pavement. So they weren't going to fly out the hole in the wall after them.

There were clearly plenty of vehicles that could go into the outlands, at least by flying. In Uprising we see people going offroad all the time, in both rocky outlands, and snowbound outland terrain. And there's plenty of standard vehicles that have offroad modes - treads capable of transforming.

Now, one interesting point raised in the last couple of Uprising episodes relates to programs, energy, and the outlands. The reveal about the true nature of Tron's limitation, that he needs constant energy to live. Dyson claims normal programs merely become tired if they don't consume raw energy (usually in liquid form, we would assume). Meaning that programs on the Grid must be assigned an energy budget by the system itself, for basic operation. They won't deresolve if they stop manually drinking energy.

This conflicts a touch with Legacy, where Quorra is left wandering in the outlands and her lightsuit is flickering as she runs out of power, saved by Flynn who gives her an emergency vial of energy drink.

The middle ground might be: programs, and vehicles, are designed to absorb energy in an ambient manner from Grid infrastructure, but rely on their own reserves when they go off Grid. So programs can wander into the wilderness all they like, but run the risk of starvation if they don't take supplies or find a source of liquid energy.

Anyway, one point of intense curiosity for myself, about The Stranger. Jut what WAS that pocket dimension that was "almost" off the Grid? It seems both Tron and then Cyrus repurposed it for their own uses. And it sure had a lot of power systems and apparently dangerous properties.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

KingJ.exe
User

on Sunday, December, 30, 2012 10:22 PM
spacedinosaurblue Wrote:Just a random note about programs, vehicles, and the outlands:

In Legacy when Quorra reassures Sam that they won't be immediately pursued, I think it's safe to assume she is only talking about the black guards and Clu on their arena spec light cycles. Those vehicles were only designed for Grid pavement. So they weren't going to fly out the hole in the wall after them.

There were clearly plenty of vehicles that could go into the outlands, at least by flying. In Uprising we see people going offroad all the time, in both rocky outlands, and snowbound outland terrain. And there's plenty of standard vehicles that have offroad modes - treads capable of transforming.

Now, one interesting point raised in the last couple of Uprising episodes relates to programs, energy, and the outlands. The reveal about the true nature of Tron's limitation, that he needs constant energy to live. Dyson claims normal programs merely become tired if they don't consume raw energy (usually in liquid form, we would assume). Meaning that programs on the Grid must be assigned an energy budget by the system itself, for basic operation. They won't deresolve if they stop manually drinking energy.

This conflicts a touch with Legacy, where Quorra is left wandering in the outlands and her lightsuit is flickering as she runs out of power, saved by Flynn who gives her an emergency vial of energy drink.

The middle ground might be: programs, and vehicles, are designed to absorb energy in an ambient manner from Grid infrastructure, but rely on their own reserves when they go off Grid. So programs can wander into the wilderness all they like, but run the risk of starvation if they don't take supplies or find a source of liquid energy.

Anyway, one point of intense curiosity for myself, about The Stranger. Jut what WAS that pocket dimension that was "almost" off the Grid? It seems both Tron and then Cyrus repurposed it for their own uses. And it sure had a lot of power systems and apparently dangerous properties.

It doesn't really conflict, because number one, Quorra is different. Maybe she does need energy to survive. We don't know about what exactly made ISOs different, outside of the circuitry on the skin, and the complexity. Number two, in Evolution (it was Evolution, not Legacy) Quorra was hurt in the explosion of the Regulator. Not extremely badly, but still hurt. That can explain the flickering circuitry, and the fact that Flynn saved her.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Find the archive here:

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, December, 30, 2012 11:11 PM
I'm about to say something that may make things a bit interesting. Or not. In Evolution, Quorra met Tron briefly (game version) and then went off. Now in Uprising, she teaches Paige how to defend herself.

Here's my question that I raise. WHO trained Quorra to fight in the first place? It can't be Flynn before he rescued her.

If Cyrus (The Stranger) is the first Renegade and Beck is the last, allegedly, do you suppose Quorra was supposed to be the next Tron (female version of him)?

KingJ.exe
User

on Monday, December, 31, 2012 12:13 AM
The way I view the sequence of events, is that Quorra was trying to help ISOs escape AFTER Flynn saved her. Flynn does say that he had a resistance. Maybe that was part of it. So obviously, Flynn would teach Quorra how to fight to resist CLU.

That's my opinion. And the one that I see as making sense of both Evolution and Uprising.

Find the archive here:

Sagitta
User

on Monday, December, 31, 2012 1:51 AM
Just a few thoughts tossed out.

Equipment & Transport:
Regarding the lightcycles from the games not being able to chase Quorra and Sam as they escaped into the outlands perhaps those cycles were designed specifically for the games. In the first movie we saw 3 certain characters breakout of the games and escape. By designing the cycles to work only in the coliseum (or at least in the city) any would be escapees would be easier to catch. Regular transportation would be a different story in certain cases.

Then again....even Tron has a different type of lightcycle in Uprising to better suit the snowy terrain of outlands. So while regular modes of transport may work...they may not work as well as others.

Energy:
To be fair, in Evolution Quorra had also been injured and was low on power. (Her rescuer actually did die of injuries.) She did say Flynn found her and saved her. As a "User" he would have had the ability to do so.

In Legacy she had injured from the battle in "End of Line" and her system placed in shock. The energy boost drink could have been just that - an energy boot shortly after her systems returned to full status. Somewhat like giving someone a drink of water when they have just woken up to refresh them.

Tron's Limitations:
When Dyson speaks to Tron regarding the raw energy bit remember Tron was purposely modified so that he scars would not even partially heal unless he continuously went into a healing chamber on a regular basis. And he definitely was being prevented from fully healing. If he did not do so, the scars would overcome him and he would die. Able himself eluded to this when he gave Tron something for his healing chamber "to bide (him) more time"

In some ways, it's a bit like if humans were purposely deprived of sleep. In sleep the body repairs itself of the previous days activities. Hence, when we get a good night's sleep we feel "refreshed". When we don't, we feel sluggish and achy as well as tired. There are reasons for that. Minuscule muscle tears are restored and some such, If one doesn't sleep it eventually affects their health and they will die. (There have been cases when this has happened.) We weren't made to go without sleep for specific reasons.

Tron is also a unique program as well. So who knows if what Dyson had done to him would have affected a program Flynn had created differently..

HooDooMan
User

on Monday, December, 31, 2012 2:32 AM
I just finished watching "The Stranger" episode again, and I'm still amazed...the artwork is just beautiful! I noticed something and was wondering if anyone else noticed it as well.

When I first saw the scenes inside the "compressed space", it immediately reminded me of the scenes in TRON and TRON: Legacy when the viewer is traveling through the laser, mainly the parts just inside the laser, either just after entering it while being digitized, or just before leaving when being reassembled in the real world. Did anyone else get that impression?

At one point, Cyrus said to Beck, "You've stumbled in what some would called compressed space, not quite off the Grid...but close." That made me think they were right there at the aperture of the laser.

Of course, later on Cyrus tells Beck that he can't create a strong enough EMP to knock out the Grid without his help, so I highly doubt it was the laser. But all those pieces that resembled gears all around a central tunnel down which light (or the lightning from the storm) would pass...that sure looked like the inside of a laser to me! LOL!

The other thing I noticed was the wording that Cyrus used when he and Beck were fighting. Cyrus said, "You're not the first program TRON trained to fight back...I am! Surprise! I'm the first Renegade!" That doesn't necessarily mean that Beck was the next program chosen by TRON after Cyrus. We are just assuming that to be the case. But that may not necessarily be true...there may have been others between Beck and Cyrus. I highly doubt that is what happened, but it's just something I thought about as a possibility.

Anyway...great episode! Beautiful artwork!where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, January, 02, 2013 11:55 PM
Excellent episode. I pray they will make and air a future episode that deals with what happened to Cyrus to make him turn totallay insane.

Did he try to upgrade himself and it went all wrong? Is he a glitch, and the other half of Beck??? and the "the Stranger" is the insane half of what once was a single Program?

Hopefully this is not the last we've seen of this new character.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 THE STRANGER - TRON: UPRISING Episode