Reginald VelJohnson (Able) talks about his role in "TRON: Uprising"

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
BanditTron
User

on Friday, January, 04, 2013 12:23 AM
interview via MediaMikes.com

Reginald VelJohnson is best known for his role of Carl Winslow in “Family Matters”. Reginald is currently voicing the role of Able in Disney X D’s “TRON: Uprising”. In recent episodes, his character Able had a big reveal and has become a key factor of the show. Reginald took out sometime to chat with Media Mikes about his role and reflect on TV values since “Family Matters”.

Mike Gencarelli: What drew you to the role of Able in “TRON: Uprising”?
Reginald VelJohnson: I’ve always appreciated the animation and when I got the opportunity to audition for the role, I made sure that it was something that I was going to be attracted to. It’s the kind of role I usually play, the father figure and mentor to the programs in the grid. It’s essentially the character that drew me to the project.

MG: Can you reflect on the intrigue that is behind the “TRON” series?
RVJ: I think Tron is one of the first video games so it’s like the grandfather of the video era. Tron represents this everyman and comes across as something so powerful, like the computer. He lives through this world, and I guess people are fascinated by that concept, living inside this computer generated world.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

BanditTron
User

RE: Reginald VelJohnson (Able) talks about his role in "TRON: Uprising"

on Friday, January, 04, 2013 12:24 AM

MG: What do you enjoy most about Beck and Able’s relationship on the show?
RVJ: He’s the father figure and Able really thinks of all the individuals in the garage as his children and he cares for them and that’s what I think is lovely about the relationship between Beck and Able. It’s like a father and son type of relationship.

MG: In upcoming episodes, we find that Able has this unknown relationship with a powerful figure on the Grid; can you tell us about that reveal for you?
RVJ: Well, it was interesting to me to find out that he has an outsider relationship with this powerful character, and I think this relationship makes him more interesting.

MG: What is the most rewarding aspect of doing voice work?
RVJ: The hours; you go into the studio whenever you want to. You sit in a booth and do your job and you go home – it’s wonderful. I like that it gives you a chance to really explore your craft with your voice.
Have you completed the recording for the first season yet?
I believe we have, I think I did one last episode. I think the new season begins pretty soon but I think we’ve finished off all the episodes of the season.

budleighsalterton
User

on Friday, January, 04, 2013 8:58 AM
That last response about possibly starting a new season soon is very interesting.

renderinfo2
User

on Friday, January, 04, 2013 12:25 PM
You're the best bandit-tron.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

BanditTron
User

on Friday, January, 04, 2013 10:05 PM
budleighsalterton Wrote:That last response about possibly starting a new season soon is very interesting.
That was the main reason for me posting this interview. I sure hope something comes of it!

renderinfo2 Wrote:You're the best bandit-tron.

hahah, thanks!
I couldn't sleep last night and started scouring the net for news stories on Tron. There was also a nice interview with Elijah Woods, but I didn't post it since it didn't really talk much about the future of the series.
I like to keep these forums hopping!!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING