TRON: UPRISING - The Series Comes To An End

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

RE: TRON: UPRISING - The Series Comes To An End

on Thursday, January, 10, 2013 8:55 PM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
WorldOutWest Wrote:Earlier this week, I spoke with reps at Disney/filmmakers on TRON: UPRISING -- the show is indeed ending, unfortunately.

NO FAIR!!!! So it's a confirmation, not just a 'probably'?

Do you think it might come back? Maybe after Tron 3 comes out?

Yes -- I think there's a good possibility of TRON returning in animated form circa the time of TRON 3.

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

ShadowDragon1
User

on Thursday, January, 10, 2013 10:03 PM
In regards to Disney having aired it only on Disney X D and it's low ratings

*sigh* when is Disney going to realize the REAL audience of TRON properties are people 18-55?? and NOT kids 3-8 yrs old. yes intelligent kids 10 and UP *can* appreciate Tron Uprising/Legacy... IF, if they made smarter decisions they would of aired Uprising right before "Once Upon A Time" and it would of gotten VASTLY better ratings I think.

Constantly changing when to air an episode, months long hiatus of showing no new episodes, and minimal to almost no advertizing. Is what resulted in low-ratings. Disney mishandled Uprising pure and simple. IMO

(btw something wrong with the forum code) in both Firefox and Explorer i keep getting a error were the forum is over half cut-off an on the top of the page it says "Post: Argument 'Expression' is not a valid value.Post: Argument 'Expression' is not a valid value.Post: Argument 'Expression' is not a valid value. "order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

anonymouspunk89
User

on Friday, January, 11, 2013 1:04 AM
I'm incredibly saddened by this news, and while I'm irritated by the tv guys at Disney, I bare no ill will towards them at all (I'm cool like that)

All I have to say is this: Everyone involved with this series, thank you so much for creating such an incredible show. When I was sad or having a really rotten day, I could count on Uprising to make me feel better and such. It's a shame we won't see more right now, but who knows, maybe we can try again when TRON 3 comes closer to release eh?
So until next time

TRON LIVES!

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, January, 11, 2013 1:25 PM

If any of you have a Twitter account, I urge you to tweet both @TronLegacy and @DisneyChannelPR and let them know you don't want to see TRON Uprising cancelled. The kind of instant feedback Twitter provides is something they will definitely pay attention to.

Unfortunately, it seems Disney has their minds made up already and want to end the series. But a flood of tweets in their direction is still worth a try. Spread this suggestion around as much as possible, because we'll need A LOT of tweets to make any kind of dent.

EDIT: The previous Twitter account I mentioned turned out to be a fake. There are tons of fake Disney accounts on Twitter. Sorry about that.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

/Charon
User

on Friday, January, 11, 2013 2:29 PM
Im actually relieved that we're not getting more seasons...for now.

Because when I saw how each episode was still adding elements that arent getting addressed or resolved as we move towards the last handful episodes...I got worried that there would be loose ends everywhere, and the anticipated questions about Rinzlers origin, Becks fate etc wouldn't even be answered by the end of this "season".

Besides, as long as tron 3 is getting started in some form, Im happy ; )

And I don't even know whether I would like the idea of seeing other unimportant parts of the grid? After tron 3, when there is more stuff to work with and whatnot, however, sure!

Argent
User

on Friday, January, 11, 2013 3:47 PM
/Charon Wrote:Im actually relieved that we're not getting more seasons...for now.

Because when I saw how each episode was still adding elements that arent getting addressed or resolved as we move towards the last handful episodes...I got worried that there would be loose ends everywhere, and the anticipated questions about Rinzlers origin, Becks fate etc wouldn't even be answered by the end of this "season".

I'm surprised anyone would've expected everything to be neatly wrapped up in eighteen episodes. Where would they have gone from there? And I think it was fair for the production staff to assume the series would continue for more than a season and write it accordingly. (Though we also have three episodes left to go, so they may yet pull most of the dangling plot threads together for all I know! It's probably a little premature to complain until the season/series finale actually airs, don't you think?)

/Charon Wrote:Besides, as long as tron 3 is getting started in some form, Im happy ; )

Getting another movie is wonderful, don't get me wrong. But at this point, I'd honestly say I'm more invested in Uprising, which IMO has consistently been far better written than Legacy. They ought to enlist the Uprising writing staff to work on Tron 3.

/Charon Wrote:And I don't even know whether I would like the idea of seeing other unimportant parts of the grid? After tron 3, when there is more stuff to work with and whatnot, however, sure!

What determines which parts of the Grid are "unimportant"?

/Charon
User

on Friday, January, 11, 2013 7:52 PM
Argent Wrote:

Ones that have nothing to do with what Tron was up to I guess.

I mean where would it go, further past to before Uprising? Or from a different characters perspective?order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

LWSrocks2
User

on Friday, January, 11, 2013 8:25 PM
Honestly I'm a bit surprised at the people knocking Disney over this. Uprising was a great show, and it sucks that they canceled it- but there's one important thing we all have to remember here.

Disney is in this business to make money. Their ENTIRE goal, at the end of the day, is profit. This isn't "worshiping the numbers and bowing down to the bean counters", this isn't "being unable to handle the mature subject matter", this is a problem with the show not reaching a wide enough audience; and ultimately, not making enough profit. We can't expect Disney to willingly lose money for the sake of creating a good product, because that's not what businesses do.

Tron Uprising is good, but it isn't flawless. It isn't some holy grail of television perfection; there were MANY flaws in the story. I, for one, don't like prequels such as this, because when you think about it, if Beck was ever going to be very successful with his 'uprising', Legacy wouldn't have happened. He may have ended up defeating Tesler and taking back Argon, which will probably be great for his little city, but we knew from the start that nothing Beck would ever do would be great enough to create a change in the grid.

There are plot holes everywhere, and the characters are a little bland. Don't see what I mean? How does Beck, a mechanic, become not only a legendarily skilled fighter, but also is able to take multiple highly trained guards in a fight and win every single time? If Tron is able to train him well enough to handle that kind of combat, then shouldn't he also be fit to take on the guards without having to worry about his scars? Not only is this all unexplained, but it makes Beck hard to relate to. He's not an underdog, he kicks everybody's ass without having to show any sort of struggle.

He's always successful, and not ONCE in the show so far have I been legitimately worried about the outcome. Even when Tesler was almost strangling him to death with his creepy Extendo-Arms, we knew that Beck would either miraculously win, or that Daddy Tron (well, okay, so it was Abel) would come to save him.

EDIT: The main thing I am worried about is that this will effect TRON 3. It's clear that Disney's strategy was to gauge interest in the franchise based on how successful this show is. It's proven to be not as well appreciated as Disney hoped, which may not bode well for the film franchise.

Argent
User

on Friday, January, 11, 2013 8:49 PM
/Charon Wrote:
Argent Wrote:

Ones that have nothing to do with what Tron was up to I guess.

I mean where would it go, further past to before Uprising? Or from a different characters perspective?

I can only guess at how things might play out at this point. If the writers knew that there was a possibility of the series not continuing past the first season, they may end it with Tron being captured for repurposing by Clu. (Maybe Dyson'll trap Beck to draw Tron out of hiding and force him to give himself up or something...) That way, if the show did get picked up for a second season, either Beck could rescue Tron at the last second, or Tron would end up getting repurposed and Beck would be left to carry on the fight in his name for season 2. If the show didn't get renewed, that would stand by itself as the conclusion for the entire series.

Personally, I still want to see how Bartik ends up with the Resistance. >.>

However things end, it's been an amazing run. I'm still going to hold out for an eleventh-hour save, but even if it doesn't happen, props to everyone involved for giving us an amazing new chapter in the Tron universe.

Sagitta
User

on Friday, January, 11, 2013 9:14 PM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:-- Honestly I'm a bit surprised at the people knocking Disney over this. Uprising was a great show, and it sucks that they cancelled it- but there's one important thing we all have to remember here.

Disney is in this business to make money. Their ENTIRE goal, at the end of the day, is profit.

-- .. don't like prequels such as this, because when you think about it, if Beck was ever going to be very successful with his 'uprising', Legacy wouldn't have happened.

-- How does Beck, a mechanic, become not only a legendarily skilled fighter, but also is able to take multiple highly trained guards in a fight and win every single time? If Tron is able to train him well enough to handle that kind of combat, then shouldn't he also be fit to take on the guards without having to worry about his scars?

-- He's (Beck's) always successful...

(Sorry for using this format to reply. Forum was acting up for me tonight.)

-- This is True. However, it almost seems like Disney set itself up to -fail-. Since the handling of the series has been discussed before...I choose not to list the ways in which Disney simply seemed to cut it's own throat. Alot of work went into the series including the CGI + fluid animation, the score, the all-star voice cast, ect. And then there's not choosing to make the series available on a more accessible network (whether Disney owned or not) to garner more of an audience.

As for me, I've enjoyed seeing alot more of Tron's character. So sue me for being biased.

-- Everyone has personal preferences and that's ok. Prequals add to a story...but they also help to overall explain the story. There's also the issue that Disney considers UPRISING to be canon. It takes place between the first and 2nd film. Trying to not mess with the continuity of the 2nd film while placing the events "in a far off corner of the grid", But also to provide a back story that there was some sort of rebellion as LEGACY implied.

-- We probably aren't told exactly the passing of time and how long Beck had been training for certain reasons. It's been shown that it's probably through sparring as well as simulation.

As for the guards he fights....many of them were probably repurposed and are more akin to masses in the ranks than highly trained officers.

And Tron...has to run back and be immersed within his healing chamber again and again. It's not like he can leave home too long without it. It's basically all that's keeping his scars at bay. To be a leader of a revolution he can't be debilitated like that. And he knows it.

-- I personally wouldn't go that far. There were plenty of times Beck messed up or was inadequate to deal with a situation and had to learn something the hard way. But that's life. Tron wasn't perfect either. That's also life.

The opposite would have been Beck failed at a critical point and was simply derezzed. Since the series was focused on Beck carrying on Tron's name for him to inspire a revolution...wouldn't his death simply mean "Game Over"?

At this point with only three episodes left Tesler's already gone to great strides to bring "order" to Argon. So...apparently Beck's & Tron's efforts have been making an impact. What that means for the final episodes if anyone's guess.

Argent
User

on Friday, January, 11, 2013 10:11 PM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:Honestly I'm a bit surprised at the people knocking Disney over this. Uprising was a great show, and it sucks that they canceled it- but there's one important thing we all have to remember here.

Disney is in this business to make money. Their ENTIRE goal, at the end of the day, is profit. This isn't "worshiping the numbers and bowing down to the bean counters", this isn't "being unable to handle the mature subject matter", this is a problem with the show not reaching a wide enough audience; and ultimately, not making enough profit. We can't expect Disney to willingly lose money for the sake of creating a good product, because that's not what businesses do.

But we can fault them for mishandling the show, which I think a lot of people here are doing. (And justifiably so, IMO. The long hiatus, unannounced schedule shifts, and general lack of enthusiasm in promoting the show didn't do it any favors, and whether or not making it a Disney X.D exclusive was a wise move is debatable.)

Simply put, the show deserved better. Other quality shows that have underperformed in the ratings have been given more time to realize their potential and gone on to succeed. Tron: Uprising is worth that investment. Give the show a second season in a good, stable timeslot and actually promote it properly and I think they'd see the kind of viewer numbers they're looking for.

LWSrocks2 Wrote:Tron Uprising is good, but it isn't flawless. It isn't some holy grail of television perfection; there were MANY flaws in the story.

Seriously? I can (and have) pointed out many story flaws in Legacy, whereas I can't really find fault with the writing in Uprising.

LWSrocks2 Wrote:I, for one, don't like prequels such as this, because when you think about it, if Beck was ever going to be very successful with his 'uprising', Legacy wouldn't have happened. He may have ended up defeating Tesler and taking back Argon, which will probably be great for his little city, but we knew from the start that nothing Beck would ever do would be great enough to create a change in the grid.

Does Argon really look like a little city to you? And how do you measure success?

One of the nice things about Uprising is that it's given us a much better sense of the sheer scale of the Grid. There's a lot more there than Tron City, Flynn's safehouse, and the portal. Uprising gives the impression that Clu's built an empire with Tron City as the capitol, and while he rules the heart of the system with an iron fist, his control isn't as absolute in these cities out on the periphery.

Not only is Beck getting out there and fighting for the people of Argon, he's inspiring them to fight back against the Occupation. No one program would be able to singlehandedly overthrow Clu from within the Grid, but I'd like to think that the fact that there are multiple anti-Clu factions out there by the time of Legacy owes at least a little to the Renegade, as word of his acts of defiance spread through the Grid and inspired other programs to start rising up during that thousand-cycle period.

LWSrocks2 Wrote:There are plot holes everywhere, and the characters are a little bland. Don't see what I mean? How does Beck, a mechanic, become not only a legendarily skilled fighter, but also is able to take multiple highly trained guards in a fight and win every single time? If Tron is able to train him well enough to handle that kind of combat, then shouldn't he also be fit to take on the guards without having to worry about his scars? Not only is this all unexplained, but it makes Beck hard to relate to. He's not an underdog, he kicks everybody's ass without having to show any sort of struggle.

Nothing you described there would qualify as a plot hole.

It's pretty clear those "highly trained guards" are just mooks, most likely repurposed strays and conscripts. They're the equivalent of Star Wars stormtroopers. It would be fairer to compare Beck to Tesler, Paige and Pavel, and when he's squared off against them, he's had to work hard to win (and hasn't always done so - he's needed saving on more than one occasion now.)

As far as Tron goes, he needs constant trips to the healing chamber to keep him from keeling over. If he runs out of energy, he dies, unlike other programs. He's a sprinter, not a distance runner. He can train Beck at the lair, sure - the healing chamber's right there, so he can always step into it between practices if he has to. He can even intervene to save Beck out in the field if he absolutely needs to. But overexerting himself is guaranteed to be fatal. The implications were clear when Dyson spelled out just what he'd done to Tron's code.

LWSrocks2 Wrote:He's always successful, and not ONCE in the show so far have I been legitimately worried about the outcome. Even when Tesler was almost strangling him to death with his creepy Extendo-Arms, we knew that Beck would either miraculously win, or that Daddy Tron (well, okay, so it was Abel) would come to save him.

Let's be fair here. How many action-adventure movies or shows do you know of where the lead character is in genuine danger of dying? I mean, did you seriously expect Sam to get ganked during the disc battle with Rinzler in Legacy?

LWSrocks2 Wrote:EDIT: The main thing I am worried about is that this will effect TRON 3. It's clear that Disney's strategy was to gauge interest in the franchise based on how successful this show is. It's proven to be not as well appreciated as Disney hoped, which may not bode well for the film franchise.

I'm more concerned with Uprising as a thing in its own right than I am with how it might affect a possible Tron 3, honestly. (Unless they intend to have some characters from Legacy play a role in Tron 3 somehow, which is something I'd totally get behind.) All indications are that Disney's moving forward with a sequel regardless.

Sagitta
User

on Saturday, January, 12, 2013 1:44 AM
ethanwa Wrote:One of the best animated shows ever in my opinion. Probably just got Disney too much money to produce.

That may be true as well. I seem to recall that being a fate of various sci-fi programs whether animated or not.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

tronprogram
Sector Admin

on Saturday, January, 12, 2013 5:08 AM
Unfortunately, the moment Uprising was moved to its midnight slot, the show was ALWAYS going to be cancelled. It was inevitable.

The facts are, Uprising got over a million viewers for the pilot episode. Good figures. But after the first 5 regular episodes, ratings went down to 400,000. Not good. It was then that the show was put on extended breaks and consistency moved time slots. TPTB at Disney didn't really give the show a chance to breath, its as if the show were under pressure to perform well from the start. And when those expectations weren't met, no-one really knew what to do with it. And I wouldn't be surprised if the show was expensive. Talent like Elijah Wood, Mandy Moore, Charlie Bean plus others on the cast and crew don't come cheap. Really, TPTB should have given Uprising more of a chance to pick up it's audience rather than around with it. The interfering probably had quite a negative impact on the audience, since no-one knew what was going on.

Heck, in the UK, we've had the episodes 1-6 on constant repeat on Disney . I haven't seen any new episodes for a while, but have seen them through other means.

And now Disney will have the Clone Wars from season 6. A show the regular pulls in 1.5 million viewers a week. And is linked to a franchise which Disney are now investing heavily in because they know they will make money from it. The truth is simple, Any company will go where they make the money. Star Wars will make more money for Disney. There's a more of an audience for it than our computer world.

Uprising is a good show. I shall miss it as much as everyone else. I don't believe we'll get all of the answers by the end of the last episodes, there's simply too much to wrap up in 3 episodes. The show deserved to be treated better by those in charge at .

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't get another movie now. Star Wars would be more of a priority for the studio. If TRON 3 gets a green light beyond the script stage, I'd be pretty damn surprised. But I've been wrong before.

Looks like it'll be up to us, the fans, to show what may have happened next to this cast of characters, and how TRON became Rinzler. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

Pilgrim1099
User

on Saturday, January, 12, 2013 10:20 AM
tronprogram Wrote:
Looks like it'll be up to us, the fans, to show what may have happened next to this cast of characters, and how TRON became Rinzler.

This is what I suggested early on in case Disney drops the ball. The idea is to do a virtual Tron Uprising Season but done professionally. Here's an example of one:

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/cmeacg/millennium_virtual_seasons.php
This Millennium show, one of my faves, got cancelled about ten years ago and hardcore fans took up the reins to do it themselves. It got the attention of 1013 Productions (Chris Carter) and some of the actors, giving them applause and encouragement.

Carter was totally cool with the virtual season project but I don't know about Disney's views on fans taking up on such an endeavor on this. And I can say this, I would'nt want the Tron virtual season to be G-rated at all. It's gonna have to be PG-13 or more mature than that.

It can be done but it takes a LOT of work, passion, and balls to pick up Disney's tab, and probably big funding as well. And if Disney gives the OK, otherwise, fans can't use their property. It's not too different from the idea of being an otaku doing fan comics as a tribute, like they do in Japan which is very lenient compared to 'litigation happy' corporations here in the USA.

I don't buy the fact that they had no idea how to program the show around the Disney channel. That's bull. In fact, Disney had some mature films in theaters so there's that level of hypocrisy coming from them. I think there is some corporate in-fighting going on in there that's stalling the Uprising project.

As an artist/illustrator, I've always wanted to do something with Tron storyboards or tell a story visually since I was ten years old in 1982 .

Pilgrim1099
User

on Saturday, January, 12, 2013 10:23 AM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote: In regards to Disney having aired it only on Disney X D and it's low ratings

*sigh* when is Disney going to realize the REAL audience of TRON properties are people 18-55?? and NOT kids 3-8 yrs old. yes intelligent kids 10 and UP *can* appreciate Tron Uprising/Legacy... IF, if they made smarter decisions they would of aired Uprising right before "Once Upon A Time" and it would of gotten VASTLY better ratings I think.

Constantly changing when to air an episode, months long hiatus of showing no new episodes, and minimal to almost no advertizing. Is what resulted in low-ratings. Disney mishandled Uprising pure and simple. IMO

(btw something wrong with the forum code) in both Firefox and Explorer i keep getting a error were the forum is over half cut-off an on the top of the page it says "Post: Argument 'Expression' is not a valid value.Post: Argument 'Expression' is not a valid value.Post: Argument 'Expression' is not a valid value. "

I still think Disney can keep the show alive but only as an internet exclusive. Just take it off the Disney channel and move it out to a special website so Users can watch new episodes there, OR through iTunes/Netflix, etc. Think about it. The web is the new TV. That's why they had low ratings because every darn kid is online or gone mobile. Or even using Netflix on the PS-3 network, or X-Box LIVE.

(rapping Disney's head, Biff style) Anybody home!?? Anybooody HOOOMEE!??!

ShadowDragon1
User

on Saturday, January, 12, 2013 4:53 PM
it only aired on **Disney X D**, Disney Channel is a different cable channel and *not* Disney X D, many cable providers dont even cary Disney X D or is only included as a different cable "package" that usually costs more per month. abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, January, 13, 2013 1:10 AM

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but found an article on IGN where Edward Kitsis is apparently claiming the fate of Uprising is "undecided".

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/13/tron-uprising-producer-we-need-more-viewers

However, if you read between the lines it translates to "if we don't get a lot more viewers, quickly, the show is cancelled".

Maybe an outpouring of support NOW might still have an effect, though.

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Sagitta
User

on Sunday, January, 13, 2013 12:38 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but found an article on IGN where Edward Kitsis is apparently claiming the fate of Uprising is "undecided".

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/13/tron-uprising-producer-we-need-more-viewers
However, if you read between the lines it translates to "if we don't get a lot more viewers, quickly, the show is cancelled".

Maybe an outpouring of support NOW might still have an effect, though.

Nice article. There may be hope yet. But Disney would have to actually consider promoting the series and making it available to more viewers to even watch, Not everyone gets Disney on cable, let alone Disney X D. And playing hopscotch with the timeslots (with little warning I may add) hasn't helped. Would think those who are behind the programming would be aware of this. *sigh*

The storyboard artist sounds like he needs to be hit upside the head with a wet noddle though. If Cante, who has ties to the show, didn't want to be singled out because of his proclamation that the series was ending he shouldn't have stated on Twitter it was so. It's his own doing by starting a rumor he himself wasn't sure of. That's called common sense,

Just a few thoughts.

Now, the BIG question where exactly do we send this outpouring of support to? There are petitions out there like the one at change.org.. But where and addressed to who does one email or write in to the higher-ups of the show itself?

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, January, 13, 2013 1:33 PM
I already mentioned the link in a new thread on Tron Uprisig NOT cancelled? It's an appropriate thread for this new twist.

tronprogram
Sector Admin

on Sunday, January, 13, 2013 1:41 PM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:I already mentioned the link in a new thread on Tron Uprising NOT cancelled? It's an appropriate thread for this new twist.

TronFAQ actually linked to it before you did.

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 TRON: UPRISING - The Series Comes To An End