Collector 
 Historic TRON Find

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
tomstroncollectible
User

Historic TRON Find

on Sunday, January, 27, 2013 9:50 PM
Hey everyone, hard to believe it's been nearly a year since I last visited this forum. Hope everyone is doing well.

On to my find... Well, to be more precise... what I found is actually pre-TRON.

I was going through some old childhood shirts this weekend at my parent's home that had been in storage since the '80's. I found some old items like Max Headroom, 1989 Batman, etc., basically figuring out what would go to Goodwill and what I felt was worth keeping as childhood keepsakes.

Then I ran across my old Steven Lisberger animation shirt from a radio station in my hometown. This was given to me back in 1981, about a year before TRON came out in theaters. I was surprised to find it as I had been under the impression that my old TRON stuff had burned up in a storage building fire in my youth so I had chalked this up as one of the items lost.

And here it is:

"Evolution is the greatest force in the material world. Evolution will provide us the next step in intelligent life but it will come from somewhere unexpected." -- Kevin Flynn

flynn1978
User

RE: Historic TRON Find

on Sunday, January, 27, 2013 11:24 PM
WHOA!! Kewl shirt!!

Amazing thing is, there's a Y103 station in my city!!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

HooDooMan
User

on Monday, January, 28, 2013 12:48 AM
Hey tom, I think you have to use lowercase letters in the image code. Hopefully, this fixes it for ya.

EDIT: By the way...VERY COOL SHIRT!!

tomstroncollectible Wrote:Hey everyone, hard to believe it's been nearly a year since I last visited this forum. Hope everyone is doing well.

On to my find... Well, to be more precise... what I found is actually pre-TRON.

I was going through some old childhood shirts this weekend at my parent's home that had been in storage since the '80's. I found some old items like Max Headroom, 1989 Batman, etc., basically figuring out what would go to Goodwill and what I felt was worth keeping as childhood keepsakes.

Then I ran across my old Steven Lisberger animation shirt from a radio station in my hometown. This was given to me back in 1981, about a year before TRON came out in theaters. I was surprised to find it as I had been under the impression that my old TRON stuff had burned up in a storage building fire in my youth so I had chalked this up as one of the items lost.

And here it is:

tomstroncollectible
User

on Monday, January, 28, 2013 1:13 PM
HooDooMan Wrote:Hey tom, I think you have to use lowercase letters in the image code. Hopefully, this fixes it for ya.

EDIT: By the way...VERY COOL SHIRT!!

Thanks for the compliments. And thanks to HooDooMan for the assist in fixing the image code, I edited my original post so that it works correctly now. I guess that shows how rusty I am on posting to this forum. :-)

I don't think there are too many Lisberger animation shirts left since they're well over 30 years old now. So, I think that makes this one more of a rarity now.

"Evolution is the greatest force in the material world. Evolution will provide us the next step in intelligent life but it will come from somewhere unexpected." -- Kevin Flynn

BanditTron
User

on Monday, January, 28, 2013 1:20 PM
That's awesome!

From such humble beginnings...

PH3AR
User

on Monday, January, 28, 2013 2:31 PM
That is amazing.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TRON: Gridlines
A new TRON community, for a new Digital Age.

tomstroncollectible
User

on Monday, January, 28, 2013 2:32 PM
Thanks! Who would have thought Tron would have impacted so many people back in the beginning in 1981?

And here's one more picture that I thought I'd share with everyone. Here are 3 generations of Tron showing his history from the Lisberger animation to Tron Legacy.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

REDEYE
User

on Saturday, March, 30, 2013 8:43 PM
Nice find!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 Historic TRON Find