TRON: UPRISING 
 Letters to Disney(real letters on actual paper) about Tron Uprising

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
TRON.dll
User

RE: Letters to Disney(real letters on actual paper) about Tron Uprising

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 3:58 AM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:If there's a decision to be made by Disney about whether or not the show should be cancelled, then it's already been made. The show's over for now; they already have the important figures and data. A sudden outpouring of attention from the very small fanbase they have won't change anything. They obviously know we exist, but we're not important enough to warrant any major changes at Disney; we're too small.

Because doing nothing accomplishes so much more than doing something.

Also, Motorcity was officially cancelled before its final episodes aired. There is still no word on Tron Uprising's status, so no, no decision has been made.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

IZI
User

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 4:24 AM
exactly! im writing a bunch of letters with my tron fans(my sister and my boyfriend lol) to make our point clear. And if it dosent work, it dosent work. But at least we tried. Im also going to buy at least 3 dvd-sets of uprising when it comes out and give two of them as birthday gifts to people i know would like this series.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

number of letters sent to disney for the uprising: 4

Argent
User

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 4:38 AM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:If there's a decision to be made by Disney about whether or not the show should be cancelled, then it's already been made. The show's over for now; they already have the important figures and data. A sudden outpouring of attention from the very small fanbase they have won't change anything. They obviously know we exist, but we're not important enough to warrant any major changes at Disney; we're too small.

Defeatist attitudes like that don't get people anywhere.

How much does a stamp cost?

How long does it take to write or type a letter?

If it's worth caring about, it's worth a few cents and a few minutes of your time.

Maybe a letter-writing campaign won't make a difference in the long run. It definitely won't make a difference if nobody bothers to do it.

What do any of us have to lose?

DawnStar
User

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 5:20 AM
Good luck with that.

If you want to change the world, you must first change yourself.

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

Argent
User

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 6:47 AM
DawnStar Wrote:Good luck with that.

Thanks for the snarky response.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

IZI
User

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 6:58 AM
Argent Wrote:
DawnStar Wrote:Good luck with that.

Thanks for the snarky response.

um, i dont think dawnstar meant being snarky with that comment..she is sending letters too! lets all pull together!

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

DawnStar
User

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 12:30 PM
I can't send my letter.

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

DawnStar
User

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 12:32 PM
um, i dont think dawnstar meant being snarky with that comment..he/she is sending letters too! lets all pull together!
In case you're wondering, I'm a female.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Argent
User

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 1:09 PM
IZI Wrote:
um, i dont think dawnstar meant being snarky with that comment..he/she is sending letters too! lets all pull together!

My bad! I misread that as an off-the-cuff sarcastic remark, like "yeah, whatever, good luck with that". And you're right - we all need to work together (and get other people involved) if we want to be heard.

DawnStar Wrote:I can't send my letter.

First off, I apologize for the mistake. It can be tough to read peoples' tone over the internet sometimes, and I jumped to the wrong conclusion. I'm sorry about that. : /

It sucks that you couldn't mail your letter, but it's the thought that counts! If you know anyone else who's a fan, online or off, pass the address along and encourage them to drop a letter in the mail. The more people we can get on board, the better our chances of making a difference.

DawnStar
User

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 1:27 PM
It's alright
So, yeah, although I can't send my letter, I will still keep it as a momento of sorts

IZI
User

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 2:32 PM
Argent Wrote:My bad! I misread that as an off-the-cuff sarcastic remark, like "yeah, whatever, good luck with that". And you're right - we all need to work together (and get other people involved) if we want to be heard..

yeah, i understand! this is actually the first forum i have been to where people are not throwing shit at each other! On other forums i follow, the users are usually very foul-mouthed.(so its easy to misread)

DawnStar Wrote:I can't send my letter.

why cant you send it? Edited my post according to your gender by the way!

DawnStar
User

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 2:34 PM
I can't.....it's personal business, ok?

BTW, how do I change my gender in my profile and emotes?

LucrataNexarii
User

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 3:21 PM
Argent Wrote:Defeatist attitudes like that don't get people anywhere.

How much does a stamp cost?

How long does it take to write or type a letter?

If it's worth caring about, it's worth a few cents and a few minutes of your time.

Maybe a letter-writing campaign won't make a difference in the long run. It definitely won't make a difference if nobody bothers to do it.

What do any of us have to lose?

Greetings. I agree with this.

Though we don't know how all letters are tallied and handled in the end, I believe that through sustained response, we might have some effect.

Letters from a vocal group a few weeks after cancellation of a beloved show will be quite predictable to those people of management and receiving at Disney. However, sustained response, coordinated effort, and especially long-term cohesive plans might have an impact outside of their assumed models of what fans are willing to do, and to how strong our cohesion can be, especially for love of Tron and all of it that we enjoy and wish to see more of.

We are essentially a 'vocal minority,' but in creating events and greater efforts for ourselves, that can both spread influence, and also reflect that though we are a small group, our efforts reflect the will and liking of other fans.

My thoughts over any letter/matter-sending communication with Disney were in three parts: one, immediate, coordinated response. Two, response over time in the mid-term and long-term. And three: overall creativity and effort of any sending habits, projects, or other creations which might serve to garner some greater consideration.

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

DawnStar
User

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 3:25 PM
How do we do this?abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

cool83
User

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 3:37 PM
The only way for Disney to reconcider, is for a Blu-Ray/DVD release to do record business. They would have used Soundtrack sales to guage a video release. If the Soundtrack did not do well, there will be no video release. There were alot of comlpaints that Disney did not go after the fan base, instead going after the young teens. How anyone in the Geekdom could NOT know about Tron: Uprising, boggles the mind. But, with a Blu-Ray/DVD release, and a a heavy push to the Geekdom(Adult Swim, G4, etc.), we could see a return or maybe even syndication. Think Family Guy. Aired on Sundays. Blew averything away. FOX execs get cocky. Moved Family Guy to Thursdays, against Friends. Family Guy Tanks. Why...same demographic will choose a live action comedy over a cartoon. Did the execs corect their mistake and move Family Guy back to Sundays? A hardy NO, They cancelled it. It was only the amazing sales of the DVD that brought it back to life, overnight. When Mila Kunis got the call from Seth MacFarlane, she thought he was joking. They all did. Go figure, Right? Anyway, I am hoping for a Blu-Ray release, but I won't hold my breath.

IZI
User

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 4:27 PM
dawnstar, i have no idea how to change information on ones profile. i´m not programmed for that.

And the dvd-sales are a big deal! its just, i have a feeling not enought peoplehave heard of uprising, how can the sales go recordly well?
letters are inportant too. If anyone has ideas about sending them in a particular way, i´m listening. I have written two letters of my own alredy, getting posted tomorrow.

IZI
User

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 4:31 PM
cool83 Wrote:The only way for Disney to reconcider, is for a Blu-Ray/DVD release to do record business. They would have used Soundtrack sales to guage a video release. If the Soundtrack did not do well, there will be no video release. .

the soundtrack is doing well on itunes,right?
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Sagitta
User

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 5:58 PM
Get the short - intermediate - long term response part. (Letting Disney know we fans are in the long haul.) I do wonder how much of a time frame is cast for each one. As in....how long would the 'short term' phase be, how long would the 'intermediate phase' be, and so forth.

As for a DVD release can't really recall the particulars. But I seem to recall after The Matrix film, the first one, there was an Animated DVD released full of shorts that were inspired by the original movie. Only after the success it had in the stores it was broadcasted on Cartoon Network.

Granted, different film. And a collection of one-shots is different than an entire television series. But still...

ShadowSpark
User

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 6:25 PM
I'm glad people are agreeing with me about it being important. I've decided I'm going to send a copy - both typed and handwritten - on the 1st of every month. It's not a waste of paper or stamps or envelopes if it's for Tron. If it doesn't work, at least I can say that I tried. Tron Lives!!

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, February, 04, 2013 1:42 AM
IZI Wrote:
cool83 Wrote:The only way for Disney to reconcider, is for a Blu-Ray/DVD release to do record business. They would have used Soundtrack sales to guage a video release. If the Soundtrack did not do well, there will be no video release. .

the soundtrack is doing well on itunes,right?

It debuted at number 5 in the top ten soundtracks listings, beating out Twilight and many other popular movies, in addition to the series receiving multiple awards.

Hey, Disney, nobody has Disney X D because the people that don't have it aren't willing to upgrade their entire television package so they can have access to a channel that primarily airs the same sitcom-esque crap that their standard-package Disney Channel already airs.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 Letters to Disney(real letters on actual paper) about Tron Uprising