TRON: UPRISING 
 Letters to Disney(real letters on actual paper) about Tron Uprising

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
IZI
User

RE: Letters to Disney(real letters on actual paper) about Tron Uprising

on Monday, February, 04, 2013 2:22 AM
damm it! We should all storm the company with letters this week congratulating the awards and asking for a second season.

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

number of letters sent to disney for the uprising: 4

ShadowSpark
User

on Monday, February, 04, 2013 2:45 AM
IZI Wrote:damm it! We should all storm the company with letters this week congratulating the awards and asking for a second season.
I've already sent 2 letters this month. I'll send more next month. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

trekking95
User

on Monday, February, 04, 2013 5:47 AM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
IZI Wrote:damm it! We should all storm the company with letters this week congratulating the awards and asking for a second season.
I've already sent 2 letters this month. I'll send more next month.
Only nerds send letters, written on paper, about a TV show based on a nerd movie. There's no way that many people here are nerds......

Oh wait order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Monday, February, 04, 2013 7:40 AM
Pardon my tired list of thoughts.

In my perspective, I see the time terms as short being about three to six months, mid-term being one or two years, and long-term being anything thereafter.

Regarding letters (and later our overall efforts), my thoughts are these:

--We do not know the magnitude and manner of Disney's mail-reception branch. Would mass-sending of letters (that being, the lot of us who are aware of this collective effort) be noticed if they had a set topic for each 'Wave?'

--Would a general topic list for such Waves of letters make a helpful guide? After all, sending letters time and again would need some track of progression.

--Alternatively, would sending the same form-letter or copied type hold the same sense of meaning for each of us, or overall impact to Disney? (This may be far more important in the long-term.)

--What of creative materials for letters? Additionally, would formal or personalized letters be more agreeable and sustainable?

Regarding our presence (or whomever may choose to join in this effort for Tron: Uprising), I had a few vague ideas:

-- Would a manifesto (for use online, both for our purpose, and also as a type of rallying drive) be interesting and practical?

-- Would group activities or fundraisers or awareness-activities be welcome?

-- Would group presentations or charitable activity be useful?

-- Would later group-funded, more daring sorts of activity be possible? If so, what?*

-- As a statement of our unification, would developing group name(s) serve as something enjoyable for respective divisions? Could this also apply to statements of identity in letters sent to Disney?

-- Would creating some form of inspirational or instructive artwork also go well with such group-activities, and also for use in other sites where random contributors may join in at their whim? (Eg: /co, Facebook, or other such places)

Mostly it's just the topic of letters I hoped to discuss. The latter material is there just as a base for later consideration or ideas.

*Personally, I joke to myself that it would be satisfying to see one of those old-fashioned stunts be executed where someone in a private plane dumps 50,000 leaflets of "Bring back Tron: Uprising! Tron lives!" on a Disney location. Or perhaps rent a billboard in some conspicuous location, with the same statement.... Of course, within legal limits of activity, if it's still possible. There is no intent to frighten people (an easy thing to do these days), or cause due grief in some way or form.

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

Pilgrim1099
User

on Monday, February, 04, 2013 10:07 AM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Pardon my tired list of thoughts.

In my perspective, I see the time terms as short being about three to six months, mid-term being one or two years, and long-term being anything thereafter.

Regarding letters (and later our overall efforts), my thoughts are these:

--We do not know the magnitude and manner of Disney's mail-reception branch. Would mass-sending of letters (that being, the lot of us who are aware of this collective effort) be noticed if they had a set topic for each 'Wave?'

--Would a general topic list for such Waves of letters make a helpful guide? After all, sending letters time and again would need some track of progression.

--Alternatively, would sending the same form-letter or copied type hold the same sense of meaning for each of us, or overall impact to Disney? (This may be far more important in the long-term.)

--What of creative materials for letters? Additionally, would formal or personalized letters be more agreeable and sustainable?

Regarding our presence (or whomever may choose to join in this effort for Tron: Uprising), I had a few vague ideas:

-- Would a manifesto (for use online, both for our purpose, and also as a type of rallying drive) be interesting and practical?

-- Would group activities or fundraisers or awareness-activities be welcome?

-- Would group presentations or charitable activity be useful?

-- Would later group-funded, more daring sorts of activity be possible? If so, what?*

-- As a statement of our unification, would developing group name(s) serve as something enjoyable for respective divisions? Could this also apply to statements of identity in letters sent to Disney?

-- Would creating some form of inspirational or instructive artwork also go well with such group-activities, and also for use in other sites where random contributors may join in at their whim? (Eg: /co, Facebook, or other such places)

Mostly it's just the topic of letters I hoped to discuss. The latter material is there just as a base for later consideration or ideas.

*Personally, I joke to myself that it would be satisfying to see one of those old-fashioned stunts be executed where someone in a private plane dumps 50,000 leaflets of "Bring back Tron: Uprising! Tron lives!" on a Disney location. Or perhaps rent a billboard in some conspicuous location, with the same statement.... Of course, within legal limits of activity, if it's still possible. There is no intent to frighten people (an easy thing to do these days), or cause due grief in some way or form.

I think we should all pull a "Sam Flynn" by skydiving and parachuting in front or top of the Disney HQ with Flynn Lives t-shirts. Or Tron Lives, that is. Actually that'd be too expensive and insane.

So, really. What would Kevin Flynn do?

Realistically, I think it makes sense for us to create a petition and have the founder of this site or Jay West present it to the bigwigs. He's the face of Tron Sector which is apparently one of the oldest and official tron fan sites on the internet. Probably the only one.

I think Disney is measuring the ratings the wrong way and relying on television ratings. One can follow sales through internet downloads of the T:U episodes but which category is getting greater numbers then?

The television audience or the mobile/internet audience? I have to guess it's the latter because I'm part of that online demographic that relies on downloadables to watch the episodes. And I don't think Disney EVER took this into account putting their effing eyeballs on: TELEVISION, TELEVISION, TELEVISION without considering today's internet tv audience.

Who in the heck would blow off money on the Disney X D channel just for T: U when one could just go straight to iTunes, Netflix, PSN, Amazon and such to access the episodes which is cheaper?

So, I really think a manifesto, professionally produced with a signed petition would impress Disney. Tron Sector already has a Facebook account.

Sagitta
User

on Monday, February, 04, 2013 11:37 AM
Just received a mental picture of a courtroom with a judge presiding...watching wide-eyed as workers from the U.S. Postal Service march in with bag load followed by bag load of letters addressed to Tron: via Disney as they are being dumped at his bench.

All of them saying "Tron lives."

And all of them recognized by the U.S. government via the Post Office as viable evidence that Tron indeed lives and Uprising deserves a second seaso---.

Wha---? Could happen.

*whistles*
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

IZI
User

on Monday, February, 04, 2013 11:46 AM
i got my laugh of the day from that post.

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

IZI
User

on Monday, February, 04, 2013 1:00 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:

i think it could work if enough people are involved.

i think letters that have both aspects in them are needed.

these both ideas are good, again, if enough people do it. Inspirational artwork could make them see the impact the show has had on those who choose to draw something. I acutally had that in mind already.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Monday, February, 04, 2013 6:48 PM
Yes, both sides of personal and formal letter types would be needed. My perspective was leaning more towards letter number/bulk, and extending the range of overall topics each letter could touch on, so as to retain variety.

Some of my later suggestions were based more from what small groups of fans/friends might be able to do of their own accord; projects, amusing ideas, and general fun, no matter the age of the individuals. Having groups choose a name, starting something like a 'Resistance club,' would be good for collective spirit.

Of course, my later joking is more of a sort of sensationalism - I assume such crazy or daring things would only be applicable once A) all formal and general responses to Disney have been exhausted, or B) the fans get behind this in great enough numbers that some zealous Programs actually come up and do some stunt of their own accord. I much prefer aspect B.

For myself, it would be neat to see such small groups of fans start chronicling their efforts. Having a blog or wall for groups from various cities would be a great sight! Art, letters, group photographs - general fun and good spirit, of Programs standing up for Tron!

On that same note, is it possible for someone to set up a Frappr map (or equivalent) just to see how many active/willing fans would state where they are, and what could be done if they did wish to connect with one another?

ShadowSpark
User

on Monday, February, 04, 2013 9:07 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:On that same note, is it possible for someone to set up a Frappr map (or equivalent) just to see how many active/willing fans would state where they are, and what could be done if they did wish to connect with one another?

I'd like that. It would be really nice to know if there are other Tron-fans in my area.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

HooDooMan
User

on Monday, February, 04, 2013 9:27 PM
Sagitta Wrote:Just received a mental picture of a courtroom with a judge presiding...watching wide-eyed as workers from the U.S. Postal Service march in with bag load followed by bag load of letters addressed to Tron: via Disney as they are being dumped at his bench.

All of them saying "Tron lives."

And all of them recognized by the U.S. government via the Post Office as viable evidence that Tron indeed lives and Uprising deserves a second seaso---.

Wha---? Could happen.

*whistles*

"Look Daddy. TRON says, every time a bell rings, a program gets it's disc..." ;-)
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

IZI
User

on Tuesday, February, 05, 2013 11:51 AM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
LucrataNexarii Wrote:On that same note, is it possible for someone to set up a Frappr map (or equivalent) just to see how many active/willing fans would state where they are, and what could be done if they did wish to connect with one another?

I'd like that. It would be really nice to know if there are other Tron-fans in my area.

im up for this and the resistance club!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Tuesday, February, 05, 2013 8:09 PM
Some ideas I was entertaining:

A running tally of letters sent to Disney. Also, we could keep our own count of our contributions in our Signatures. I See I2I has taken to this already.

Create a hand-held projector light, with custom 'Tron Lives' slide or projector transparency frame. I'd need a high-powered light, likely with a removable front mount for the transparency and additional lenses which might be needed. They'd have to snap on and off easily, both for carrying and concealment (no need to be too publicly noticeable). Also, a custom leather bag for additional batteries, supplies, and notes. Also, perhaps a blank area under the closing flap for notes of encouragement to the next group, a personal signature.
.... In short, 'paint' a building or two (maybe with some pictures, or fun with fellow Programs), and pass on the Torch to other fans via the mail. Perhaps create a blog for the travels of the Torch of the Uprising. Once it has been passed around to a few willing hands, then perhaps send it to - who? One of the prominent voices of the Tron production team? It would make a great novelty or gift, I think. (I work with leather, so making a custom leather bag wouldn't be a problem; something nice, dark, and durable, with an unobtrusive Identity Disc stylized on the front. Slots for batteries, additional transparencies in case of damage.... Maybe throw in about six 'Mara's Rebels' kerchief masks, just for the sake of having each group take one as a memento?)

Or, a differing idea, sidewalk chalk, and a stencil or two. Easily carried and concealed, no permanent graffiti damage. Safe, quick, and easy to set in public areas. It also has that playful aspect of design.

Custom shirts for Tron groups. Fabric paint and some shirts of choice - bingo, instant sense of identity, personal expression, and fun.

Smaller, individual lights set with with Tron 'T' transparencies. Easily concealed in a pocket, a handful of these could let a small group of Programs go out and have some fun 'painting' targets. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, February, 06, 2013 12:10 AM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Some ideas I was entertaining:

A running tally of letters sent to Disney. Also, we could keep our own count of our contributions in our Signatures. I See I2I has taken to this already.

Create a hand-held projector light, with custom 'Tron Lives' slide or projector transparency frame. I'd need a high-powered light, likely with a removable front mount for the transparency and additional lenses which might be needed. They'd have to snap on and off easily, both for carrying and concealment (no need to be too publicly noticeable). Also, a custom leather bag for additional batteries, supplies, and notes. Also, perhaps a blank area under the closing flap for notes of encouragement to the next group, a personal signature.
.... In short, 'paint' a building or two (maybe with some pictures, or fun with fellow Programs), and pass on the Torch to other fans via the mail. Perhaps create a blog for the travels of the Torch of the Uprising. Once it has been passed around to a few willing hands, then perhaps send it to - who? One of the prominent voices of the Tron production team? It would make a great novelty or gift, I think. (I work with leather, so making a custom leather bag wouldn't be a problem; something nice, dark, and durable, with an unobtrusive Identity Disc stylized on the front. Slots for batteries, additional transparencies in case of damage.... Maybe throw in about six 'Mara's Rebels' kerchief masks, just for the sake of having each group take one as a memento?)

Or, a differing idea, sidewalk chalk, and a stencil or two. Easily carried and concealed, no permanent graffiti damage. Safe, quick, and easy to set in public areas. It also has that playful aspect of design.

Custom shirts for Tron groups. Fabric paint and some shirts of choice - bingo, instant sense of identity, personal expression, and fun.

Smaller, individual lights set with with Tron 'T' transparencies. Easily concealed in a pocket, a handful of these could let a small group of Programs go out and have some fun 'painting' targets.

All these ideas are great, but not if you're the only Tron-fan in the area. To quote Beck: "Not sure if you've noticed, but I'm kind of on my own out there."

Literally. As far as I've been able to find, I'm the only person in Sedona, AZ who's willing to pay more than lip-service to this stuff. And believe me, I've looked. It's really lonely being the only one.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Tron Lives!

IZI
User

on Wednesday, February, 06, 2013 2:17 AM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Some ideas I was entertaining:

Smaller, individual lights set with with Tron 'T' transparencies. Easily concealed in a pocket, a handful of these could let a small group of Programs go out and have some fun 'painting' targets.

All these ideas are great, but not if you're the only Tron-fan in the area. To quote Beck: "Not sure if you've noticed, but I'm kind of on my own out there."

Literally. As far as I've been able to find, I'm the only person in Sedona, AZ who's willing to pay more than lip-service to this stuff. And believe me, I've looked. It's really lonely being the only one.

yeah, as much as i am hyping for my close friends to watch this as much as i can, we are 3 fans here now, with me asking them to write letters. For now our group might expand to 8, if the people im hyping want to be involved. Im not even sure all of them want to send letters.. then again i have friends who would help me despite knowing about the series,but its not the same thing.

BUT! who says there arent other fans out there? If you wear a shirt, you might attract them. I can think of making small flyers about the series and hiding them around everywhere. but i think we need a blogsite, or even a website if we are gonna make more people help. Some place where everyone can work. like this thread, but bigger.

Also, with me living in Finland up north,it makes me feel like even with 100 letters sent from here, or light sets and appearances, disney would still be like :" oh, a worthlessly small group in some small country far away dissapprove with this...who cares."

im not gonna give up though, but it feels like If i lived in california,id be more eager to protest outside the company itself!

DawnStar
User

on Wednesday, February, 06, 2013 3:09 AM
I live in California...and I', the only person who likes Tron.
Yeah...not going to work for me here...

If you want to change the world, you must first change yourself.

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

DawnStar
User

on Wednesday, February, 06, 2013 3:09 AM
I live in California...and I', the only person who likes Tron.
Yeah...not going to work for me here...order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

If you want to change the world, you must first change yourself.

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, February, 06, 2013 3:45 AM
IZI Wrote:
ShadowSpark Wrote:All these ideas are great, but not if you're the only Tron-fan in the area. To quote Beck: "Not sure if you've noticed, but I'm kind of on my own out there."

Literally. As far as I've been able to find, I'm the only person in Sedona, AZ who's willing to pay more than lip-service to this stuff. And believe me, I've looked. It's really lonely being the only one.

BUT! who says there arent other fans out there? If you wear a skirt, you might attract them.

What in the world does me wearing or not wearing a skirt have to do with anything??? I already wear my Tron-themed shirts almost everywhere.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Tron Lives!

IZI
User

on Wednesday, February, 06, 2013 4:35 AM

"Custom shirts for Tron groups. Fabric paint and some shirts of choice - bingo, instant sense of identity, personal expression, and fun."

i was commenting with that in mind. but yeah i sorta lost my own point there. -.- go me.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Wednesday, February, 06, 2013 5:28 AM
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/037/6/8/handheld_projector_test_by_lucratanexarii-d5u04lb.jpg
So, here we go. It works, in principle.

The most Scrap-like of work. Lucrata is plotting something...

My camera barely picks up low-light images.

This is a small, swift project, meant to test a principle for making a handheld light projector unit. It's distance and size proved rather surprising. This image is projected from about 15 feet, and is about 6 feet wide. It's served to bring points of development and attention to focus for when developing a stronger, more refined object. I am also not aware of the amount of lumens which a basic handheld flashlight can generate, though a basic search sets most cheap 9-LED flashlights at around 15 lumens.

Unfortunately, creation of image slides no longer seems available. The opaque material used here is acrylic-backed posterboard set onto a square of clear postage tape, making the 'slide' about one inch wide. Small defects and paper fibers are easily visible, making the scale for refined work more clear through such testing. As you can see, the lens is a part of another object, and was simply held in place by hand.

Details: A test/mockup for a small, handheld light projector. If the unit were whole, it would measure about five inches long, by one inch wide.

Materials: 9-LED light, Posterboard paper, black acrylic paint, magnifying lens, and tape (not pictured).

FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 Letters to Disney(real letters on actual paper) about Tron Uprising