Lucrata's Bits n' Rez

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
LucrataNexarii
User

Lucrata's Bits n' Rez

on Wednesday, February, 27, 2013 10:52 AM
Greetings, Programs.

Should I make any humble things, I'll keep them here for viewing.

First, a small pendant, about 4.5 cm across - certainly humble. A model of Tron's Identity Disc. I gave it a bluish cast, in hopes that the iridescent white paint of the lit sections would show up more... I also like colors in the cool palette.

(The image seems to be scaled up double-size. I can't say why. Pardon that.)

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

Zen Thing
User

RE: Lucrata's Bits n' Rez

on Wednesday, February, 27, 2013 6:11 PM
hey its my twitter buddy
nice work on the dissssk. keep up the good work.

Kat
User

on Wednesday, February, 27, 2013 7:07 PM
What's it made of?order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Wednesday, February, 27, 2013 9:04 PM
Pardon my lack of explanation, Kat.

The disc is made of Polymer clay, a relatively common substance for various types of artwork. Generally it takes all manner of impressions, so handling it can be troublesome, and achieving smooth, tooled likenesses is difficult, at best (or so I find).

At this small scale, even the ridges left from acrylic painting have a visual effect - though I have found that you can actually burnish their surface, once the paint is set. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Daft Tron
User

on Thursday, February, 28, 2013 6:17 AM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Pardon my lack of explanation, Kat.

The disc is made of Polymer clay, a relatively common substance for various types of artwork. Generally it takes all manner of impressions, so handling it can be troublesome, and achieving smooth, tooled likenesses is difficult, at best (or so I find).

At this small scale, even the ridges left from acrylic painting have a visual effect - though I have found that you can actually burnish their surface, once the paint is set.

Reminds me of the stuff i used in junior high school & not only that, it's looks like a cookie here.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Thursday, February, 28, 2013 7:16 AM
Heh, yes, Daft Tron - as I've said, Polymer Clay is a bit of a bastard to work with for the fact that achieving perfect forms is not easy - there is always some small imperfection, and no amount of tinkering will easily remove it.

Perhaps if I had some other similar object to use as a form or mold, then things would not be so bad - but for achieving the proper angles and ridges, there's virtually nothing at hand, and the slightest motion causes disruption. Hell, even the tools themselves are inadequate... There is no cutter or loop fine enough for the job. Even slicing tools still produce a tugging cut, causing warping; and holding the cutting knife at the right angle by hand, at such a low angle, is not easy.

So, yes, I'd kind of resigned to the fact that it's quite flawed. But, as I joke good-naturedly to myself often over anything I make, "It looks like crap - but I made it, so what do you expect?"

I'm not even going to start on the tedium of painting on that small scale of objects.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Thursday, February, 28, 2013 8:56 AM
Basic sketches, facial studies in this case. I'm certainly not adapted to this style of sketching. In good news, this is actually the last page of this sketchbook, and I've since moved on to a new one - one which lacks the rough, grainy paper which the old one possessed.

Graphite certainly isn't kind to depictions of anything from Uprising.

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, February, 28, 2013 4:22 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Basic sketches, facial studies in this case. I'm certainly not adapted to this style of sketching. In good news, this is actually the last page of this sketchbook, and I've since moved on to a new one - one which lacks the rough, grainy paper which the old one possessed.

Graphite certainly isn't kind to depictions of anything from Uprising.

I really, really like this. The style seems like a mix between Uprising's style and realism, and it ends up working perfectly. Nice work!

Though if your goal was to emulate the style seen in the show, the lighting is what's causing the more realistic look, in my opinion.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Thursday, February, 28, 2013 4:58 PM
Thank you Tron.Dll.

I am a realist by nature or habit, so seeing how I adapt to working with Tron's imagery - yet alone any other characters or more developed/environmental depictions should be a fair challenge or change for me.

Thank you for your thoughts! I consider this work quite basic, and I was originally hesitant to post it here or elsewhere. But, it's good to see that you enjoy it. I am always glad for others' input.

While I haven't taken much time for sketching of late, if anything interesting does come up, I'll be sure to share it here.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Kat
User

on Thursday, February, 28, 2013 10:48 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Pardon my lack of explanation, Kat.

At this small scale, even the ridges left from acrylic painting have a visual effect - though I have found that you can actually burnish their surface, once the paint is set.

I thought it looked like clay, but it was hard to tell 'cause the pic's a bit blurry for me.

I like the sketches, too. We don't get much in the way of visual art around here, so it's good to see some (I can't draw for shite, so...)

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Tuesday, March, 05, 2013 9:02 PM
While not exactly qualifying as fan art, per se, this little idea occurred to me.

And speaking of those solid steel Baoding balls, I can use all four at once, either flat, or in a pyramid.

... I've wanted to make a joking comic of Tron antagonizing CLU by first showing that he can use two baoding balls, then three in one hand, then four. Clearly CLU lacks discipline, and is imperfect.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Saturday, March, 09, 2013 7:57 AM
Just a quick study, more of a tired sketch.

... I guess this is what I get for sketching while listening to a mantra of compassion.

My only issue with this sketchbook's paper type is that I can't seem to get close to any proper dark shades with graphite. Only inks seem to accomplish that.

Description/commentary taken from DeviantArt:

"Often, rapid sketches are the cause for curious spontaneity and expressiveness.

Tron, of Uprising, possesses a strong paternal bearing - strength, stoic resilience, literal scars of the past. Yet, there are also sides of one's history which can bring forth momentary compassion: Loss, hurtful error, depths of wrenching responsibility.

It seems that someone has some explaining to do..."

HooDooMan
User

on Saturday, March, 09, 2013 6:49 PM
Nice job, Lucrata! I really like your work! It all looks great to me! I have no artistic ability myself. I took some art and drawing classes back when I was in elementary school, but that budding ability slipped away and has remained dormant for a couple of decades. But I definitely admire your work. I know you said you are stretching yourself with the TRON: Uprising studies, but I think they look fantastic! Keep up the good work!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Sunday, March, 10, 2013 6:50 AM
Thank you for the enthusiasm, HooDooMan.

All I can say at this time is that I have plenty to learn, whether it be in my stylization (or habits thereof), or my sheer ability to render Tron - or any character - recognizably. Usually that only comes through diligent study, and plenty of examples. Adaptation and stylization is fine, but I prefer to attempt to remain as exact as possible, barring my own trappings of work or medium.

Mostly I was curious of how others might take to such interpretations, especially one such as this - basic as it is.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Tuesday, March, 26, 2013 9:30 AM
Another sketch, with some acrylic blended in.

This was actually an experimentation with the direction of strokes in form-building with mechanical pencil, but I later switched to seeing how the heaver graphite shades would work with the image and form.

As achieving a perfect blackness with such media is highly difficult, I was left seeing whether minor differences in shade would still be effective.

The sketchbook paper actually has a fair amount of yellowing and mesh/tooth to it, so I've been finding the inclusion of white acrylic paint rewarding. Naturally, I'd chosen to follow through with the touches of blue circuitry in this image. Likewise, I've been tempted to work toward wholly acrylic works because of this, or perhaps a blend of watercolor and acrylic instead.

Text copied from DeviantArt:

'A rapid sketch, this seems to bear a certain subconscious communicativeness that proves elusive.

His disc lit for battle, a sidelong glance, and a gesture that implies first the number two - as if there will be two great challenges. More prosaically, perhaps 'V' for victory? Peace? "Two down, who's next?" - it leaves me wondering what interpretations could be read from this, in all, and for each person who looks at it.

I see in my stylization that I appear to depict Tron with exaggerated suit-light, like a figure of greater luminance or power. Otherwise, the base of this sketch was meant to possess a strong perspective.'

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

IZI
User

on Wednesday, March, 27, 2013 3:19 AM
im as ever impressed with your many talents! Your drawing style is very personal and interesting. I dont know how you do it, but trons eyes show so much emotion, even when its very hard to draw him that way. (he usually has that same, concerned or serious face on, while beck is more expressive) In this picture he looks very intense, and it makes me very curious!

funny thing, first i thought he was posing like a model.

But thinking a bit more seriously, for me itlooks like he and beck are trying to infiltrate a secret facility of some sort. Beck is behind tron (the viewers standpoint) and tron is giving him a sign. "wait..." or "not yet"!

Do you have any kind of model while sketching? Have you started with any models when starting to draw tron? Or is it just from memory/ your own visualisation? Because it looks very (lack of describing words here) good.

Im not that good at picturing what i am about to draw threedimensionally. So its really hard for me to draw anything else that the body/face from the complete front or side. One should think that if one can draw tron from one angle, the body structures can be altered to any angels, once you can draw one. But im terrible at that, so i have to use a lot of models.
So if you have any tips at all regarding how to draw tron, im all ears.

I look forward to more pictures whenever! order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

number of letters sent to disney for the uprising: 4

LucrataNexarii
User

on Thursday, July, 04, 2013 10:01 AM
Well, here they are, finally complete. I thought I'd submit these here, since they do constitute a sort of fan artwork.

They're together for just a while, before being sent off in the mail among participating fans, from fan-to-fan! If you wish to add your support and contribution, be it writing, a few photographs, drawings, or any sort of creative inclusion, message me!

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

GridBugs2
User

on Friday, July, 05, 2013 2:05 PM

These are amazing!

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, July, 05, 2013 4:35 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Well, here they are, finally complete. I thought I'd submit these here, since they do constitute a sort of fan artwork.

They're together for just a while, before being sent off in the mail among participating fans, from fan-to-fan! If you wish to add your support and contribution, be it writing, a few photographs, drawings, or any sort of creative inclusion, message me!

Nice!

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Kat
User

on Friday, July, 05, 2013 9:44 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Well, here they are, finally complete. I thought I'd submit these here, since they do constitute a sort of fan artwork.

Nifty! I got nothing cool to put in there, or I'd totally be in. Neat idea!

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art 
 Lucrata's Bits n' Rez