TRON: UPRISING 
 Tron: Uprising on smgo.tv

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
typicaltronname
User

RE: Tron: Uprising on smgo.tv

on Monday, April, 08, 2013 8:00 PM
I just voted too. I hope we can get the nearly 2,000 votes in.

Bye the way, is there a time limit?

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

bluelantern714
User

on Monday, April, 08, 2013 8:27 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:I just voted too. I hope we can get the nearly 2,000 votes in.

Bye the way, is there a time limit?

I don't believe there is. It's 2500 votes, and I think we can do it as long as we can spread the news. Does anyone here have a deviantart account? Still haven't received an e-mail back.

"All that is visible must grow beyond itself, and extend into the realm of the invisible."--Dumont

Go to smgo.tv and vote for Tron: Uprising. Only 1,774 to go! Show them Tron Lives!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Monday, April, 08, 2013 8:41 PM
I have a DeviantArt account, and I was going to make up a draft for an announcement of the SMGO activity, along with a general list of current support activities (individual and communal) for any fans wishing to support Tron: Uprising.

It seems that the Founder/user of the Group 'TRON-LIVES' has already posted my message as to SMGO's entry of Tron: Uprising into the Suggestion phase, but I have not yet provided an update for the new Voting phase.

I will start that and send the message immediately.

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

Alan1
User

on Monday, April, 08, 2013 8:49 PM
Voted. The site assumes the show was cancelled, although no official word has been released by Disney as to T:U's fate.

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

LucrataNexarii
User

on Monday, April, 08, 2013 10:29 PM
Regardless, SMGO does offer a method of extending a more formal, businesslike, or otherwise alternate mode of contact and insight into it's current state.

I believe that our incentive taken in supporting these efforts for Tron: Uprising are a beneficial expression of our respect for the show, and our hope that Disney sees our perspective in how they very much seem to have been trying to sweep it into obscurity.

bluelantern714
User

on Monday, April, 08, 2013 10:38 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Regardless, SMGO does offer a method of extending a more formal, businesslike, or otherwise alternate mode of contact and insight into it's current state.

I believe that our incentive taken in supporting these efforts for Tron: Uprising are a beneficial expression of our respect for the show, and our hope that Disney sees our perspective in how they very much seem to have been trying to sweep it into obscurity.

Exactly. Regardless, whether or not our efforts via smgo.tv are taken seriously by Disney will most likely come down to how the site's meeting with Warner Brothers about Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series goes down on Thursday. If WB gives the green-light on funding those shows, it will set a precedent for all future endeavors to save series, including Uprising. On the other hand, if they say no we could be in trouble. But something tells me WB won't be taking any of this lightly. The fan uproar over YJ and GL:TAS is unlike anything I've ever seen.

"All that is visible must grow beyond itself, and extend into the realm of the invisible."--Dumont

Go to smgo.tv and vote for Tron: Uprising. Only 1,774 to go! Show them Tron Lives!

bluelantern714
User

on Wednesday, April, 10, 2013 6:09 PM
I received an e-mail from the TRON fan on deviantart. S/he said they're in the process of spreading the word over there, and that there are "over a thousand" TRON fans on the site.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Thursday, April, 11, 2013 12:10 AM
I can second that number for DeviantArt, from what I've seen, and from the amount of Views that some artwork has gotten.

I wager the number is based off of fans who have joined Tron-related Groups alone. But, that is only considering those who have bothered joining Groups. Not all fans will directly associate/contribute their work to a Group, nor bother joining a Group. (I admit that notifications of Group submissions can quickly spam-up one's message box.)

Getting the message out to Groups takes both the effort and knowledge of the individual Founders, as well as for fans to actively pay attention. Some do or do not pay attention to Group Blogs or Journals... After all, some are open to everyone, and that means some less than stellar content.

I've submitted a compendium/listing of ways to support Tron: Uprising to a few Groups, but it might take some time for the Founders or Co-Founders to notice and place the entries (and properly format them) into their Group Journal entries.

bluelantern714
User

on Thursday, April, 11, 2013 8:01 PM
Might I propose a Twitter campaign? It went very well for Star Wars: The Clone Wars, as well as garnering more interest in the campaign to save Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice. I don't have a Twitter account (always found it a little dumb), but it seems to do the job in situations like this. I'm willing to make an account if need be. We could raise awareness of the smgo.tv option, and to get the movement "trending" would grab Disney's attention more than a petition. I've looked around a bit, and there's already a small group of Uprising fans on Twitter trying to gather support.

VideoGameWarrior
User

on Friday, April, 12, 2013 7:43 PM
Voted, posted a link on my tumblr, and reblogged a couple posts that mentioned it.

TRON LIVES!

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, April, 12, 2013 7:48 PM
I tweeted about it as well.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

bluelantern714
User

on Friday, April, 12, 2013 8:19 PM
Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Young Justice, and Green Lantern: The Animated Series are all doing Twitter campaigns every Saturday. What this means is that everyone that is able tweets for a certain period of time, multiple times with the "hashtag" of the week. Perhaps this would be a good idea for us? It might be a good idea to choose a different time than those other fandoms, though.

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, April, 12, 2013 8:21 PM
bluelantern714 Wrote:Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Young Justice, and Green Lantern: The Animated Series are all doing Twitter campaigns every Saturday. What this means is that everyone that is able tweets for a certain period of time, multiple times with the "hashtag" of the week. Perhaps this would be a good idea for us? It might be a good idea to choose a different time than those other fandoms, though.

If you have a twitter account and want to start this, I'll follow along and join in.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

bluelantern714
User

on Friday, April, 12, 2013 8:53 PM
Just made an account. If we're going to start something like this, again spreading the word is imperative. From what I figure, the other fandoms similar to ours have these time slots (eastern time):
Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series--9:30-10:30 on Saturdays
Star Wars: The Clone Wars--12:30 on Saturdays
I'm not sure about Motorcity.
I'm new to this, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that YJ and GL:TAS trend because they use different hashtags every week. TCW doesn't trend because they use the same one. This means we should come up with a new one each week. Also, don't use that weeks hashtag any time other than the designated time for that week. Other times, use one of the regular Tron: Uprising hashtags (#TronUprising, #TronLives, #TronArmy).
Here's a guide by a YJ and GL:TAS fan:
http://ardentcapacitor.tumblr.com/post/41945877478/the-thing-about-twitter-campaigns

If this happens, it should probably start next week so the word can have time to spread.

Riversong
User

on Friday, April, 12, 2013 10:48 PM
I'd be happy to join in on the Twitter thing as well (I have an account there, but it only gets used for promotional things and other stuff like that).

LucrataNexarii
User

on Saturday, April, 13, 2013 4:47 AM
Did you have any further ideas for the structure of this Twitter activity?

As you've mentioned:
- A designated Saturday Twitter messaging time.
- A weekly #Hash-tag to mention, with an attempt to Trend
- Reaching out to

Reading into these articles, it would seem good to announce all of these to the Twitter Tron: Uprising community as a whole for a while, and then have us rally at a certain time.

As another matter of getting communal Tron fan response, the user @Mattr0polis is the keeper of his alternate account, @TronUprisingFan. He has about 1400 Followers of TronUprisingFan, but it has been difficult to reach Mattr0polis himself due to the fact that he Follows about 500 people.

@TronUprisingFan is featured on the Social feeds of SMGO.tv's page of Tron: Uprising. Thus far, Mattr0polis' lacking responsiveness is making the movement look quite... Torpid.

I had sent him a Direct message some two days ago, but so far it's met no response. I have been attempting to have other fellow Tron users make contact with him. If anyone knows how to contact him outside of Twitter, I would implore that they do.

bluelantern714
User

on Saturday, April, 13, 2013 2:08 PM
I participated in both the #AirTimeForHeroes (YJ and GL:TAS) and #SaveTheCloneWars Twitter protests today, and based on the turnout, especially for TCW, I think this would be a great idea for us. The two aforementioned movements have home-pages/websites specifically for spreading information: savetheclonewars.com and helpsaveourheroes.tumblr.com, also known as Mount Justice. Do we have something like this yet? If not, a tumblr page wouldn't be too hard to create. Might help spread the word about smgo.tv and a possible Twitter campaign more easily. Any ideas for weekly hashtags? The regular hashtag could remain #TronLives.
Also, contacting members of the cast and crew (most realistically via Twitter) could be an asset, especially with smgo.tv. The YJ/GLTAS campaign has the backing of many, including the producer of GL and a voice actor that's on both shows. TCW has Kyle Newman and many celebrities outside of the show. It draws a lot of attention to have these people on our side.

bluelantern714
User

on Saturday, April, 13, 2013 2:23 PM
Ideas for website name:
Tron Lives
Able's Garage
Any others?

Maybe we pull a DC Nation and use the URL TronLives and call the site Able's Garage?

LucrataNexarii
User

on Sunday, April, 14, 2013 2:25 AM
IZI and I were discussing a Tumblr page, thus far settled at 'The Light of Tron;' mostly this was for coordination of our book/mail project, and any other associated Tron: Uprising support projects. We have an account set up, but so far have not begun the actual page construction. I had graphics in mind, and a basic blog layout pattern.

Unfortunately I am utterly unfamiliar with Tumblr's interface and setup process, but I'd gladly learn from others if there is anyone here with experience in it's workings.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

bluelantern714
User

on Sunday, April, 14, 2013 3:05 PM
Sorry, not familiar with Tumblr either. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out though.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 Tron: Uprising on smgo.tv