General Discussion 
 Where have all the programs gone ?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
MCPcomputer
User

on Thursday, February, 13, 2014 1:33 AM

I was wondering where all the programs left to?
It seems after Tron Legacy Hype died down so has this forum???

I would like to talk to more programs.

I guess when Tron 3 comes out. This place will be full of forums all of a sudden once again.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

EXODUS
User

RE: Where have all the programs gone ?

on Thursday, February, 13, 2014 9:09 AM
I'm still here!

In fact, I like to check up on here nearly EVERY DAY. Just because I don't post on here on a regular basis it doesn't mean that I'm not hovering around in the background somewhere watching from a distance (has it were).
Like on the other forums that I visit, I only contribute a post if I feel that I have something worth while to contribute to a discussion, rather then just talk just for the sake of it. :P

But I am still here, if a little quiet for the moment....abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Agent 82
User

on Thursday, February, 13, 2014 11:12 AM
I'm here too! I visit at least once a day, I just don't post a lot (I've been here 7 months and this is going to be my 9th post! ) I really don't post much on any forum on I'm on. I just like to lurk most of the time.

I'm hoping we get some Tron 3 news soon! That would probably make the forum a bit more active again ^_^order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Argent
User

on Thursday, February, 13, 2014 1:20 PM
I'm here. I check in now and again to see what's going on. : )order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

MCPcomputer
User

on Thursday, February, 13, 2014 2:45 PM

Greetings programs! Yes I notice a lot of posts on here and views! But hardly anyone talking.

It's good to know there are still some programs out there on The Grid.

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

CUPRO
User

on Thursday, February, 13, 2014 4:21 PM
I'm still here! And I'm back and recovered from a serious virus called boredom.

Hello! I'm CUPRO! (pronounced KOO-proh) Nice to meet you. I like video games, TRON (of course ), and my User, Golden Engi. You can find my user's Steam account at the link below.

TRON 2.0 name: CUPRO.bat
Steam name: Golden Engi
http://steamcommunity.com/id/engiofgold

Traahn
User

on Thursday, February, 13, 2014 4:29 PM
Speaking for myself, the culture changed at the Sector with the new movie... the discussions shifted to areas I wasn't as interested in... the new movie, comics, cartoons and game missed some key elements of the original movie that I enjoyed or found magical... some long-time Sectorites fled because of either the new movie not living up to their expectations, or strife with other board members, or just the office politics involved with being here... and so I've not been as engaged as I once was.

I can talk about the original movie forever... but my love, criticisms and analysis of the new movie can only last so long because it wasn't as magical of a movie for me. At least at present. Time will tell if T:L can become more deeply rooted in my nostalgic memories. I did see it at least like 12-15 times in the theaters when it came out, so it's possible that might happen.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

ShadowSpark
User

on Thursday, February, 13, 2014 4:33 PM
I'm still here. I never left. If you want to talk on the live chat, pm me. Otherwise, I'm usually hanging out on the Who's Online page.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

Argent
User

on Thursday, February, 13, 2014 7:33 PM
Traahn Wrote:Speaking for myself, the culture changed at the Sector with the new movie... the discussions shifted to areas I wasn't as interested in... the new movie, comics, cartoons and game missed some key elements of the original movie that I enjoyed or found magical... some long-time Sectorites fled because of either the new movie not living up to their expectations, or strife with other board members, or just the office politics involved with being here... and so I've not been as engaged as I once was.

I can talk about the original movie forever... but my love, criticisms and analysis of the new movie can only last so long because it wasn't as magical of a movie for me. At least at present. Time will tell if T:L can become more deeply rooted in my nostalgic memories. I did see it at least like 12-15 times in the theaters when it came out, so it's possible that might happen.

I can understand where you're coming from, even if we feel a little differently about some of the newer media.

I loved the original Tron, and the direction they continued things in with Tron 2.0. I'm still a little bummed that the game was declared non-canon. I enjoyed T: L, but for me, it's firmly in the "good movie that could have been great" category.

On the other hand, I also loved Tron: Uprising, and I think that it's probably the best thing to come out of the franchise to date. It was more Tron than we've ever gotten before (both figuratively and literally - Tron was a major presence in the series, rather than being relegated to cameo status like he was in T:L !) The writing was fantastic, the soundtrack was terrific, the visuals were amazing, and I felt it more than made up for the mild disappointment I felt with Legacy.

And practically no one around these parts seems interested in talking about it.

I can't really blame anyone for that, but when you're the only one who's enthusiastic about something in a given place, it seems kind of silly to start bringing it up all the time. So most active discussions lately seem to loop back to T: L, occasionally touching on the events in the prequel comics, and I chime in once in a blue moon if I feel like I have something worthwhile to contribute. Maybe we'll get some Tron 3 news and I'll be more active around here again. Who knows what the future may hold?

LucrataNexarii
User

on Thursday, February, 13, 2014 9:00 PM
Greetings.

Generally I check by once a day or so, and it's always good to see activity here.
I am not often inclined to express too much, myself. I guess it doesn't help that I have a melancholic leaning of personality.

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

Kat
User

on Thursday, February, 13, 2014 9:55 PM
Frankly? I feel like we've discussed nearly everything there is to discuss. It's been over three years just since T:L came out, and more than 30 years since the original film. At some point a fresh wave of newbies will come along and ask the same old questions and we'll rehash it all again... but it comes and it goes.

I still wish there was a separate board for the original film, just like there is for every other piece of the universe; might make it easier to discuss it when we know exactly where to put such discussions.

Frankly, I loved both movies, but in a way I have to kind of disconnect them in my mind for them both to "work" for me. There's some continuity stuff that bugs me, and much of what I've heard about stuff that's come out since T:L has sounded like they're having a good go at retconning just to milk the franchise a bit more and make more money.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Traahn
User

on Friday, February, 14, 2014 1:28 AM
Argent Wrote:On the other hand, I also loved Tron: Uprising, and I think that it's probably the best thing to come out of the franchise to date. It was more Tron than we've ever gotten before (both figuratively and literally - Tron was a major presence in the series, rather than being relegated to cameo status like he was in T:L !) The writing was fantastic, the soundtrack was terrific, the visuals were amazing, and I felt it more than made up for the mild disappointment I felt with Legacy....

And practically no one around these parts seems interested in talking about it...

Maybe we'll get some Tron 3 news and I'll be more active around here again. Who knows what the future may hold?
Wow, you make Tron Uprising sound really good! Almost like how some people feel about Star Wars' Clone Wars, or something -- which I haven't watched either, but I hear it's coming to Netflix, so I might watch some. I quite enjoyed the four or so episodes of Tron Uprising I watched a long time ago. I just haven't brought myself around to watch the rest! I hope to someday.

I guess another part of my lack of presence here is that my time is getting taken up by other vices... other franchises with developments I'm paying attention to.

Tron 3 production news will certainly bring me back here more often. I hope the visuals and physics take things back so they're a little more reminiscent of the original film; and maybe add an old character or two somehow (yes, I'm one of those "MCP v2.0 would be cool" people). I think that will help me be more enthusiastic and accepting, and less 'constructive criticizing' this time around. (I know some people won't like going back to Tron's roots more, but as a long time Tron fan, I felt the new movie did some things that didn't need to be done, and lost track of some canon/foundational elements that made Tron ; which made it lose some of the universe's magic.)

I guess all the old "Tron vs. Tron 2" disagreements seen here back in the day made me lose some of my zeal for being here, too. Hopefully Tron 3 can unite people rather then divide like T:L kind've did.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Cyberwolven
User

on Saturday, February, 15, 2014 2:24 AM
I usually read the forum every day or so. I tend not to post because most of my time to enjoy stuff like Tron is eaten up. Another reason why I don't post as often as I should is because I don't have anything useful to add to the conversations.

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

Traahn
User

on Saturday, February, 15, 2014 5:14 PM
Cyberwolven Wrote:Another reason why I don't post as often as I should is because I don't have anything useful to add to the conversations.
Yeah, that's the same for me, too... especially for conversations about T:U, the T:L comics, etc.

Argent
User

on Saturday, February, 15, 2014 10:11 PM
Kat Wrote:Frankly, I loved both movies, but in a way I have to kind of disconnect them in my mind for them both to "work" for me. There's some continuity stuff that bugs me, and much of what I've heard about stuff that's come out since T:L has sounded like they're having a good go at retconning just to milk the franchise a bit more and make more money.

You know how I feel about the continuity disjunction between Tron and T: L, Kat.

I wasn't aware of any new Tron-related media being released after T: L apart from Tron: Uprising, myself. If that's what you were referring to, I'd say it was about as far as you can get from a cynical cash grab. I'm also not sure what was supposed to have been retconned there. (If it's the fact that Tron hasn't been Rinzler-ized, that's more than adequately explained in the two-parter, Scars, which shows what went down after the ambush and is one of the highlights of the series.) Sounds like you've already made up your mind about it, though, which is a shame - I think you might enjoy it.

Traahn Wrote:Wow, you make Tron Uprising sound really good! Almost like how some people feel about Star Wars' Clone Wars, or something -- which I haven't watched either, but I hear it's coming to Netflix, so I might watch some. I quite enjoyed the four or so episodes of Tron Uprising I watched a long time ago. I just haven't brought myself around to watch the rest! I hope to someday.

If you enjoyed the first four episodes, you definitely owe it to yourself to check out the rest - the show was still hitting its stride at that point, and it just keeps getting better from there.

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, February, 15, 2014 11:48 PM
I've been visiting the site occasionally. Been a while, though.

On the topic of Tron-related stuff I recently had to open up my Tron Xbox 360 PDP controller to apply a temporary repair to a damaged cable. It was a horrifying experience.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Saturday, February, 15, 2014 11:53 PM
I have a number of hobby-level creative ideas and incentives toward T:U artwork and matter of the like. I've also had numerous long discussions with other fans over conjecture as to T:U's possible details, or just interesting thoughts in general.

My trouble is that I'm too much of a hermit... Until I actually get discussing something, then I don't tend to shut up for a while. It's either-or with me.

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

Kat
User

on Tuesday, February, 18, 2014 7:13 PM
Argent Wrote:You know how I feel about the continuity disjunction between Tron and T: L, Kat.

I wasn't aware of any new Tron-related media being released after T: L apart from Tron: Uprising, myself. If that's what you were referring to, I'd say it was about as far as you can get from a cynical cash grab. I'm also not sure what was supposed to have been retconned there. (If it's the fact that Tron hasn't been Rinzler-ized, that's more than adequately explained in the two-parter, Scars, which shows what went down after the ambush and is one of the highlights of the series.) Sounds like you've already made up your mind about it, though, which is a shame - I think you might enjoy it.

That's one of the big ones, yeah. I think they made a mistake in writing themselves into a corner in T:L, but they did; it makes it look as if they thought they were done, and then it was more popular than they expected and they thought, "oh, crap!"

The other thing that bugs me is the idea that a disc is the program's entire identity-- but that's a furthering of one of the continuity things that bugs me, where disc goes from being like a wearable electronic scorecard for the games, to something more akin to a wearable electronic national ID card... and then they took it even further.

There are other plot points, too, that bug me, but those are two of the big ones. Disney's simply taking the universe, and the idea of how it works, to places that I don't feel the first film, or even really the second, has led me to think is probably the case. It feels akin to getting interested in playing a game, only to have the rules start changing halfway through and the way you thought it worked has suddenly taken a detour.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

laphtiya
User

on Tuesday, April, 29, 2014 8:27 AM
I'm still here, I think like Kat we've discussed everything we can at this point. News about Tron 3 isn't exactly making progress, the site has also changed a lot from when I first signed up back in 2002. I don't plan on going anywhere but I feel like everything I'd want to say has been said 100 times over.

renderinfo2
User

on Tuesday, April, 29, 2014 1:03 PM
I was a big TRON fan, and I saw the original IN PERSON IN THE THEATER as a teenager. It actually influenced my life and career choices more than I ever imagined it would.

But I totally skipped the Tron 2.0 game. I didn't like the look, didn't like the initial reviews, and to this day, haven't yet played it or inquired about the story line. How wierd...

Thank god for the Flynn Lives ARG. It's hardly mentioned at all on this forum, but got me PLENTY excited about T:L. The SWAG from that ARG turned me into a bona fide Tron memorabilia collector and now I have quite a collection. Quite a collection, thanks to my wife supporting and encouraging me wayyy more than she should.

I loved the Tron Uprising series. I thought it was very well made, and very entertaining. I still maintain my "conspiracy theory" that the whole series was "bought and paid for" well before the movie came out, and although there may have been some "post movie work" done, I think the series was already nearly completely "in the can" by Dec 2010. All 18 episodes. After that, money available to spend on marketing (and post-production) after the movie came out dried up to nearly nothing. That's my conspiracy theory.

Today, here's where I think "the programs have gone"...

T:L didn't meet Disney expectations at 176m in revenue domestically. I truly believe that. The ramifications are "far and wide". Since it didn't meet expectations, I believe Disney put a hard halt on "Tron Spending". The Uprising series was never given a fair shake, marketed on Disney by targeting at 10-12 year old boys. Incorrect channel, incorrect target audience, with a "schedule" that jumped around EXACTLY LIKE execs were looking for a place to air it to get the best possible audience without spending ANY MORE MONEY on marketing. Thus, Tron Uprising "failed" to produce a proven audience for continuing to invest in Tron 3 right away.

This is pretty easy to see when Alice in Wonderland came out BEFORE Tron Legacy, but since then, Disney has produced Snow White Huntsman, Oz AND Maleficent and already has a sequel to Snow White in the works. Totally disregarding the Disney owned Marvel movies juggernaut (and Pirates), Disney has publicly been pushing Star Wars 7 over anything. Tron 3's latest news has been what... a rewrite story from Joseph K that is nearly 3 years old now? Seriously? (I am purposely not including any of Bruce B's comments. His heart and head are in the PERFECT PLACE for anyone to continue working with Tron)

I think Steve L, Joseph K, Adam H, Edward K, Charlie B, and all the actors (especially the big Bruce B) would love to continue working on Tron media and especially Tron 3/ Tron Uprising Season 2. But they want (and need) to be paid, they aren't the ones that would be "paying". People like Sean B. and Jeffrey S. and the Disney "Execs" are in a position to "pay" to have Tron continue, but their priorities aren't Tron (yet...). And...

Here we are. "True believers" waiting on more Tron media to be produced. Series, Movies, Games, whatever... Fans can only do so much. Without Disney willing to put MONEY behind an effort, Tron isn't going anywhere.

And the programs (fans) remain in storage, waiting to be run/reactivated once again...

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion