Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 I wish what happened with Frozen happened with Tron Legacy...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
renderinfo2
User

on Wednesday, May, 07, 2014 8:58 AM
Disney 2Q earnings beat Street, helped by 'Frozen'

Consumer products revenue grew 16 percent to $885 million, also lifted by "Frozen," whose merchandise accounted for nine of the top 10 best-selling items in Disney Stores. Iger said "Frozen" had become one of Disney's best franchises. It is increasing the film's characters in its parks, developing a Broadway show and working on books and interactive products. He said he expects the impact of the hit to last for at least the next five years.http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=AP&date=20140506&id=17593104
Oh, imagine 10x the Tron stuff we have available to us now.... I certainly can dream...

CardioFunk
User

RE: I wish what happened with Frozen happened with Tron Legacy...

on Thursday, May, 08, 2014 7:14 AM
I have faith that Disney could certainly do that with Tron. I'm not sure I'd trust another company with the Tron IP.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Kat
User

on Saturday, May, 10, 2014 6:30 PM
I need to see this Frozen movie to figure out why everyone everywhere is so obsessed with it...

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, May, 10, 2014 7:32 PM
Kat Wrote:I need to see this Frozen movie to figure out why everyone everywhere is so obsessed with it...

Me too. All I know is that it's a Disney variation of Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale 'The Snow Queen.' I think I'll get it from redbox.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Saturday, May, 10, 2014 8:26 PM
Personally, call me a hermit, I go out of my way to avoid most media, because there just isn't ample time between life/necessities, reading, honing art skills (or attempting to), and what little time I take as a break.

I barely watch movies, and I essentially don't bother with any media or series.

So, if you'd be so kind Kat or ShadowSpark, I've asked myself the same question over why people obsess over Frozen. Maybe you could share opinions?

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

ShadowSpark
User

on Monday, May, 12, 2014 5:13 AM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Personally, call me a hermit, I go out of my way to avoid most media, because there just isn't ample time between life/necessities, reading, honing art skills (or attempting to), and what little time I take as a break.

So, if you'd be so kind Kat or ShadowSpark, I've asked myself the same question over why people obsess over Frozen. Maybe you could share opinions?

Even though I have now seen it, I can't answer your question. I have no idea why people obsess over it. The visuals are pretty, but that's really all I can say. Also, it reminded me that the characters in Disney animated movies sing a lot. Is there any animated Disney movie that is NOT a musical?

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Monday, May, 12, 2014 5:36 PM
I wager that I'd take the same perspective that you have, ShadowSpark.

And in due humor: it's a private sigh of relief of mine that TRON is largely free of 'The Disney Formula.'

ShadowSpark
User

on Monday, May, 12, 2014 7:56 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:I wager that I'd take the same perspective that you have, ShadowSpark.

And in due humor: it's a private sigh of relief of mine that TRON is largely free of 'The Disney Formula.'

Considering Tron isn't an 'animated' movie in the traditional sense....

Tron Lives!

Kat
User

on Monday, May, 12, 2014 11:12 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Personally, call me a hermit, I go out of my way to avoid most media, because there just isn't ample time between life/necessities, reading, honing art skills (or attempting to), and what little time I take as a break.

Honestly, I probably won't see it. Any time I might have for watching a movie, it probably won't be for a kiddie movie. I saw a storybook of it in a store once before it even came out, browsed through it (because I remember thinking "weird, a new movie? Why have I not heard of it?") and don't recall being impressed or even what it was about, so, yep.

Maybe it's just one of those things that society randomly becomes obsessed by for no reason whatsoever, like Beanie Babies and bacon and mustaches.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Tuesday, May, 13, 2014 4:54 AM
I'm the same, Kat.

I just have no reason, nor inclination, to see something like Frozen. I've heard some talk about how catchy the "Just Let it Go" musical segment is - and consequently I avoid it like the plague.

Popularity for it's own sake has no appeal to me, nor necessarily pretty imagery or charming stories. I need something with a fascinating basis, something that compels me to take a different perspective and study and read toward angles I wouldn't have otherwise reached for.... That's a part of why I like TRON so much, especially Uprising.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion