Other Sectors 
 The R.I.P Thread.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
EXODUS
User

The R.I.P Thread.

on Thursday, March, 12, 2015 1:58 PM
I thought I'd just let everyone know that society has lost another two great people from the entertainment industry recently.

Firstly, there's Sam Simon, one of the original Producers of The Simpsons, who has been with the show pretty much right from the start. He died on Tuesday after a long battle with cancer.
Has far as I can tell we've lost three major Simpsons actors/producers-Phil Hartmen (who played Lionel Hutz), Marcia Wallace (who played Bart's teacher Edna Krabappel) and now Sam Simon.

The other is the renowned author Terry Pratchett, creator of the hugely popular Discworld novels, who has died today aged 66. During his career he wrote over 70 novels, and sold millions across the world.
If I'm honest, I'm not really that familiar with his work in detail, and I've never actually read any of his books (although I have seen the TV production of The Hogfather many Christmases ago), but I do know he was a hugely popular, well liked author with legions of fans across the world. 
When they were talking about this on the news this afternoon they said that one of his most famous and endearing characters was Death, and the actor Tony Robinson (who they were interviewing at the time) said "After so many years writing about him I think it's good he's finally got the chance to shake his hand".

ShadowDragon1
User

RE: The R.I.P Thread.

on Thursday, March, 12, 2015 9:28 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO FUCK  FUCK DAMMIT!  Not Terry Prachet.  ;_;  f**k

first Nimoy, then Jay,  now Terry, what the heck?!   U_U

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

EXODUS
User

on Tuesday, April, 28, 2015 7:34 AM
I've just heard on the news that well known and loved children's entertainer Keith Harris has died.

Best known for the puppets Orville the duck and Cuddles the monkey, he entertained a whole generation of children during the 1980's.

Many people will have a lot of fond memories of him I'd imagine....

EXODUS
User

on Sunday, June, 14, 2015 10:28 AM
Sorry, I forgot to mention these earlier:

Firstly, world renowned pianists and musician James Last has died at the age of 86.

The other is Ron Moody, best known for playing Fagin in the 1960's musical version of Oliver!, has died at the age of 91.

Also, former Liberal Democrat leader Charles Kennedy has died unexpected at his home.

He was a very popular, well liked politician both in the government and nationwide, and received huge praise from both the public and fellow ministers alike for his friendly, down to earth charm and easy going manner.

I know there is a lot of deep routed distrust and anger towards politicians these days, but most people will tell you he was GENUINLY one of the most decent ones there.

And finally renowned (and legendary) film actor Sir Christopher Lee, at the age of 93. A huge influence on the film industry for many decades.

The last few weeks have been really quite tough in that regard, haven't they? 

BigE73
User

on Sunday, June, 14, 2015 1:56 PM
also, on the same day Christopher Lee died, WWE Superstar Dusty Rhodes (a.k.a. Virgil Riley Runnels Jr.) passed away as well.

I can probably make make that, Just ask.

EXODUS
User

on Monday, June, 15, 2015 8:11 AM
BigE73 Wrote:also, on the same day Christopher Lee died, WWE Superstar Dusty Rhodes (a.k.a. Virgil Riley Runnels Jr.) passed away as well.
I didn't know that.
I hate to say this, but has far as I'm aware I don't that's even been mentioned in the press yet. I've certainly not read anything about it anyway.

EXODUS
User

on Saturday, June, 27, 2015 9:29 AM
Patrick MacNee, British actor best known for playing John Steed in The Avengers, has died at the age of 93.
He had a long and distinguished career, and appeared in many films and TV shows, of which The Avengers is perhaps his most memorable work.

He was so adept at playing the archetypical English gentlemen roles, and many people who knew him said that he was a good, charming man.

EXODUS
User

on Monday, January, 11, 2016 12:26 PM
Has you all probably have heard by now, the renowned pop musician and singer David Bowie has died today, at the age of 69.

This has been all over the news today, on TV and on the radio (I was listening to my MP3 Player whilst working, and nearly every station was saying something about it).
Nearly everyone agrees that he is now regarded as being one of the biggest and influential musicians in the history of 20th centaury music, and I'm amazed at the sheer volume of sincerity and condolences from so many people all the across the whole world, such was the impact his music seems to have had on modern society.

I think one of the best comments I heard was from a TV reporter, who said that, like the deaths of JFK, Elvis Presley and Princess Diana, this is one of those Where-were-you-when-you-first-heard-the-news?-moments in history. 

MCPcomputer
User

on Monday, January, 11, 2016 11:59 PM

Wow this is just so sad to hear about David Bowie. He is one of my all time favs!
Playing his music loud tonight! RIP David Bowie.

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

zoomatomic
User

on Friday, January, 15, 2016 3:04 PM
RIP Alan Rickman, so long Hans Gruber

EXODUS
User

on Saturday, January, 16, 2016 9:35 AM
zoomatomic Wrote:RIP Alan Rickman, so long Hans Gruber
Has is usually the case, what makes this so shocking is how UNEXPECTED it all was. 

What most people have been saying is that his greatest strength has an actor was that he had such a natural talent for playing great bad guys, and he had such a distinctive screen presence on film-mostly from that deep, gravely voice of his that so recognizable-that you can always remember him, regarding which film he was in.

Traahn
User

on Monday, January, 18, 2016 11:59 PM
RIP Glenn Frey today  

Wow, 2016 has been a cruel, cruel year so far :.(

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Kat
User

on Monday, January, 25, 2016 10:32 PM
Traahn Wrote:RIP Glenn Frey today  

I know.  We already live in a world where half of the Beatles (I will say that again.  HALF OF THE BEATLES, wtf), and one quarter of Queen, are dead.  Now it's starting on the Eagles, and that is so many shades of "not cool."  (I'm terrified Brian May will be next.)

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Cyberwolven
User

on Saturday, February, 06, 2016 7:26 PM
Kat Wrote:
Traahn Wrote:RIP Glenn Frey today  

I know.  We already live in a world where half of the Beatles (I will say that again.  HALF OF THE BEATLES, wtf), and one quarter of Queen, are dead.  Now it's starting on the Eagles, and that is so many shades of "not cool."  (I'm terrified Brian May will be next.)

Ditto to that. Every single time I go on the internet or watch news I'm afraid of hearing about another actor, artist, or musician passing away. Very sad.

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, March, 22, 2016 1:32 AM
Well, 2016 dealt the ultimate blow to me a few days ago.  My mom died :.(  Luckily, I got to say goodbyes before it was too late (though you can never say enough of them, so I will always live with regrets), and it was peaceful, with family at her side.

Unbelievable. 

She was a great artist, and I miss her.

Thanks 2016, you can seriously F off now.

I love you mom... <3

EXODUS
User

on Tuesday, March, 22, 2016 8:31 AM
I'm so sorry to here about that. You have my sympathies.

PH3AR
User

on Thursday, March, 24, 2016 2:30 PM
Sorry for your loss.

TRON: Gridlines
A new TRON community, for a new Digital Age.

Ivy
User

on Sunday, March, 27, 2016 4:52 PM
Oh no.... sorry to hear that 
I know what you're going trough right now, I lost my Mother 5 years ago, a few day before Christmas....

"The Grid A digital Frontier "
ONLYFREEDOM ISPERFECTION

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, March, 30, 2016 1:50 AM
Thank you all, I really appreciate it.  I'm so sorry, Ivy

Ivy
User

on Friday, April, 01, 2016 10:02 AM
Traahn Wrote:Thank you all, I really appreciate it.  I'm so sorry, Ivy
It's okay . After 5 years I am Able to Talk about it.  

"The Grid A digital Frontier "
ONLYFREEDOM ISPERFECTION

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 The R.I.P Thread.