Other Sectors 
 Anyone else see Pixels ?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
MCPcomputer
User

Anyone else see Pixels ?

on Wednesday, January, 06, 2016 2:53 AM

Saw it this summer in theaters and also saw it recently on DVD!

What do you guys think of this movie and why ? I loved it!

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

EXODUS
User

RE: Anyone else see Pixels ?

on Thursday, April, 21, 2016 8:04 AM
If I'm honest, when this first came out to me it was one of those 'What-were-they-thinking?' moments that seem to be plaguing the Hollywood film industry over the last few years.

I'm sorry but when I first heard about this film the whole concept seemed just so unbelieve for a Hollywood film it was to me the kind of thing that would have been lamponed on The Simpsons or Family Guy (Seriuosly! To me it was like one of those ideas you'd see in a Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode).

In fact, I seem to remember that they actually did an episode of Futurama once based on this idea (and I wouldn't be surprised if it actually turns out that this is where they originally got the inspiration for the film from, from that episode).

But whereas that was just a 10 minute sketch on just one episode I was curious to see how they could spend MILLIONS of dollars trying to stretch that premise from just 10 minutes to 105 minutes.

HOWEVER, I started watching some of it last night (not all of it, but most of it) just out of curiousity, and I must say it's not actually quite has bad as I thought!

I was also surprised to see a couple of big names in Hollywood (like Sean Bean and Brian Cox) has well

Given that this forum is about Tron, all I'm going to say is this-imagine what I would have been like if they had Space Paranoids in that film!

Seeing HUGE 1982 Recognizer's flying through the streets of a city being shot at by REAL tanks on the ground?

Now THAT would look good.

MCPcomputer
User

RE: Anyone else see Pixels ?

on Wednesday, April, 27, 2016 2:49 AM

I agree it was not that bad! Also wow yes Space Paranoids being done in this film would have been Epic!
I think Tron should have been in it. After all it did come out in 1982.. and that is when the film started in the stream of time!

End of Line

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 Anyone else see Pixels ?