Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 Evoltuion for Xbox360 more active online than PC?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Nar78
User

on Wednesday, September, 07, 2016 3:30 PM
I'm thinking of buying Evolution for the 360, because I've been told the multiplayer grid is more active (not by a lot) than the PC version of the game. 

"So, nice-looking ship you got here ."

Discs-Of-Tron_
User

RE: Evoltuion for Xbox360 more active online than PC?

on Wednesday, September, 07, 2016 6:14 PM
I can't vouch for PC, but it's seems to be more active than the PS3 version.

CUPRO
User

on Wednesday, September, 07, 2016 6:28 PM
I was playing the multiplayer just a few hours ago on Xbox 360. Not extremely active but you can find around 4 to 5 people sometimes. As for PC, the only time I've played multiplayer was once because I spent 15 minutes trying to find a server and connected to one with only one other person who left after 7 minutes. I hope this helps.

Hello! I'm CUPRO! (pronounced KOO-proh) Nice to meet you. I like video games, TRON (of course ), and my User, Golden Engi. You can find my user's Steam account at the link below.

TRON 2.0 name: CUPRO.bat
Steam name: Golden Engi
http://steamcommunity.com/id/engiofgold

Nar78
User

on Wednesday, September, 07, 2016 9:25 PM
Thanks for the input, programs.

Yeah, I'm going to grab it tonight. I figured it might be fun to replay the campaign on a larger screen too. On my PC, I currently still use a 24'' lcd monitor, I purchased nearly 8 years ago (an LG Flatron, heh), which I'd like to upgrade to at least a 27'' dual set.

Welp, I hope to see you guys on the grid. My screen name will be Microtron, as it is on all other gaming grids I visit.

Also, do you guys think it's worth getting the additional multiplayer map packs at this time? Do people play on those? 

Nar78
User

on Thursday, September, 08, 2016 9:50 PM
Just bought and installed the game to my Xbox360.   I have to say, there's a lot of getting used to, with the control pad. I'm used to playing Evolution on my PC with a PS2 controller (via usb adapter) and I have grown fond of the steady controls I get from it. Especially when using the analog stick. It's razor sharp. But on the 360, it's a bit too sensitive and I keep swaying left or right, when I try to run straight.

There may also be a problem with playing the game on an older model 55 inch LCD (Sony Bravia).  I think I'm experiencing just a tiny bit of input lag, which is enough to cause me some miscalculations, with the controls, but it's not severe.  Like I said, just have to get the hang of it.

Also.. I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to the 360 and didn't know that in order to play online, I had to pay a subscription fee! lol.  I went ahead and purchased a one month sample of Gold, to see if it's worth it, before committing to a full year. Also didn't know I get 4-5 free games every month. That's pretty cool.

Anyways, you can find me on the grid every now and then and if you see me, don't be afraid to send a friend request.  As mentioned before, my user name is MicroTron.

-End of line

CUPRO
User

on Saturday, September, 10, 2016 9:04 AM
You'll usually find me on during the weekdays (Gamertag is ZERO Ec1ipse). Also, the free games are what keeps me paying for live subscriptions. They are usually amazing games and only twice have I been "disappointed" by the free games.

Hello! I'm CUPRO! (pronounced KOO-proh) Nice to meet you. I like video games, TRON (of course ), and my User, Golden Engi. You can find my user's Steam account at the link below.

TRON 2.0 name: CUPRO.bat
Steam name: Golden Engi
http://steamcommunity.com/id/engiofgold

Nar78
User

on Tuesday, September, 13, 2016 9:15 PM
Saw you on the grid today! Got your game invite but something went wrong when I accepted it.  I ended spending about 30 minutes on the grid, in disc and light cycle challenges.  I will be around again tomorrow around the same time. Maybe I'll catch you again, then.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, September, 18, 2016 12:09 PM

Probably the main reason why the PC version of TRON Evolution has less players, is because the majority of people think it doesn't work any more.

TRON Evolution uses Games for Windows Live for its multiplayer. There was a rumor heavily circulated in the press, that Microsoft was going to shut down Games for Windows Live, completely. This turned out not to be true. But I see people in the Steam discussion forums all the time, who still believe GFWL is shut down.

I took part in a TRON Evolution PC multiplayer match earlier this year, that was streamed online by a friend. To prove that multiplayer works.

The situation hasn't changed since then. It still works. Also, the DVD disc and Steam versions are compatible with each other for online play. (Something else I think a lot of people aren't sure about.)

P.S. This is more of a FYI for others out there reading, to prove that PC Multiplayer still works.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution