General Discussion 
 Forum Problems

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
matthew180
User

Forum Problems

on Monday, June, 26, 2017 2:16 PM
I have noticed some problem with the forums.  Admittedly I have been absent or a while so I don't know if these are old or known issues.

1. The biggest problem is, I can't seem to change my password.  Edit profile, enter new password, no errors.  Log out, log back in, have to use old password.  Are there password rules silently being enforced?  I'm trying to set a long password, mixed case, some punctuation, etc.

2. Various posts seem to be truncated.  I thought it was just longer posts, but I have seen shorter ones that just end mid sentence too.  Was there data loss at some point?

3. Lots of spam added onto the end of posts, even seemingly recent ones.  Is the forum completely compromised?

4. Posting always returns you to the first page of a thread.  Very frustrating when participating in threads with multiple pages.

5. Old links to posts are broken.  They have something like "?do=..." and the current way seems to be "?a=..."  Did something break during an update?

6. When you try to edit a post that was quoted (maybe this is just for older posts), the quoted part comes up with HTML tags for bold ( ) and a non-breaking space ( ).  These have to be converted to the forum style tags or you get a serious language error when you try to submit the post.

7. Lots of "number of posts" with a count of zero for people I know had thousands of posts.  Were accounts deleted at some point?

Maybe it is time to migrate (or update) the forum software to something modern?  Or is this site on its way out?

How are you going to control the universe if you can't answer a few unsolvable problems?

Auric
Sector Creator

RE: Forum Problems

on Monday, June, 26, 2017 7:37 PM
Nope there hasn't been much news but I'll be happy to give the forums a few updates!

Dave "Auric" Hernly
Sector Administrator

EXODUS
User

on Monday, August, 07, 2017 8:09 AM
I have a problem with the search function. Whenever I want to look for a specific topic/thread/post and type it into the search option it just comes up BLANK. 

EXODUS
User

on Monday, August, 07, 2017 8:11 AM
I have a problem with the search function. Whenever I want to look for a specific topic/thread/post and type it into the search option most times I can never an exact thread, no matter how clearly a I type it. 

Compucore
User

on Friday, August, 11, 2017 7:22 PM
Are you getting a specific error message? Can you reproduce it by any chance?

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Traahn
User

on Friday, August, 11, 2017 11:07 PM
Compucore. Now that's a forum member I haven't seen in a long while
*Cheers!*

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Compucore
User

on Sunday, August, 13, 2017 10:47 AM
Still around and kicking. They haven't built a CPU that I couldn't use in a loooooong time. LOL (Slightly misquoting from the movie.) How are you doing Traahn.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Traahn
User

on Monday, August, 14, 2017 10:04 PM
I'm good, man... thanks! This place is a shell of what it used to be in terms of activity, but at least it's still here. Glad to see you back. I've wondered from time to time how you've been... along with other old regulars. TheReelTodd, for one, I'm looking at you ;-) lol 

Anyways, welcome back to the Grid! Vacate entry port, program, and enjoy a pure energy source cocktail while looking at all the I/O towers lighting up over the mesa

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, August, 16, 2017 11:00 PM
Been on fcebook as some of te others. Quixx is there, Davetron, Kiapurity, Auric. The last three years I have been creating some content on youtube over here. like vlogs, odds and ends in some old tech review that I am reviving like my old SGI O2 that I have. Shooting pool at a local pool hall. ANd recording it and posting that as well on my youtube channel. 

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Forum Problems