General Discussion 
 Sark's silly line...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
TheJediUnit
User

Sark's silly line...

on Saturday, February, 22, 2003 8:07 PM
In Sark's big speech to the new programs he threatened user-believer's would recieve the "standard sub-standard training."

What the heck?

Is it standard or not?

That line always cracks me up.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Sketch
Sector Admin

Re: Sark's silly line...

on Saturday, February, 22, 2003 9:08 PM
I always thought that meant the training was very low quality training that was standard for "believers". Low quality training would result in your eventual elimination.

Standard Sub-standard does get confusing though and sounds funny. Mabey that's why Flynn gives that funny look when looking up at the carrier. on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

TheJediUnit
User

on Saturday, February, 22, 2003 9:30 PM
...but then... why bother training them at all?

"No no no, Mr. Franklin, don't jump off the bridge THAT way. Get a GOOD footing on the outer platform and use the wind to carry you to those jagged rocks over there, okay? Now, restart the suicide simulator, on three... two... one... GO!"

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Saturday, February, 22, 2003 10:39 PM
Sark I guess wants his game grid victims to be worth some bit of challange to his troops.

TheJediUnit
User

on Sunday, February, 23, 2003 8:41 AM
Yea, I guess you're right. It's not for thier advantage but his. TIred of those accounting cream puffs.

Thanks.

--Spock

Nikster
User

on Sunday, February, 23, 2003 12:50 PM
Sark just wanted everyone to know how hopeless their situation was. Like, 'Sure.......we'll teach you how to throw a disc and ride a lightcycle, the BASICS, but that does not mean we'll show you how to WIN'where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Compucore
User

on Sunday, February, 23, 2003 2:32 PM
That sounds about right to me Nikster. Just the basic training on how to use your disc.And thats about it.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, February, 24, 2003 5:02 PM

Actually, I think the most absurd line (again Sark's), is right after Flynn, Tron, and Ram escape from the Lightcycle grid, and Sark is fuming.

His aide says: "We'll get them, sir!"

Then Sark says: "We'd better, null unit!"

What the heck is that supposed to mean, exactly? I guess it was meant as an insult. I don't think that progam's actual designation was "null unit".

P.S. Nikster, I think your new avatar is adorable.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Nikster
User

on Monday, February, 24, 2003 5:24 PM
To call someone a 'null unit' is a diss.

Kinda like 'idiot', 'dork' or 'dumbass' (pardon my french )

When Sark called his aide that, it was just his winning personality shining thru yet again (earlier in the movie, he was praised by the MCP for being 'brutal and needlessly sadistic', i.e. a MEANIE )

About my avatar, Neko-chan *is* adorable Thank you

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Monday, February, 24, 2003 5:30 PM
Yes it's a diss. A null is a zero or equals zero.
Programs hate being called that. abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Trace
User

on Tuesday, February, 25, 2003 1:27 AM
I always like the "standard SUB-standard training" line. It's a total slap in the face and threat to the believers. As others have said, he's basically letting them know they will not get out of there alive.

The lines I hate are lines that anyone with an English accent just wouldn't say! At least they don't sound natural, such as:

"Sure, I'd love to go up against one of those guys!"

Or the MCP saying: "I want this clown in the games until he dies playing."

Clown????? What are we back in the fifties??? order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Nikster
User

on Tuesday, February, 25, 2003 10:33 PM
Well...the MCP *is* an old program...at least he didn't say anything was 'keen' or 'swell'

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Scuzzy
User

on Wednesday, February, 26, 2003 7:14 AM
I want it known that I know what the Guard says to the conscripts when they're about to be addressed by Sark. He points up and says, "Look up!" as the carrier approaches. I say this becasue the Tron DVD has "Indechipherable" when you have subtitles turned on.

I just thought I would share that.

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

Nikster
User

on Wednesday, February, 26, 2003 2:05 PM
It's probably 'look up', cuz the programs are supposed to be paying attention.

TheJediUnit
User

on Wednesday, February, 26, 2003 2:08 PM
Yea, I guess they're used to seeing that carrier overhead all the time anyway and everyone dismisses it, but this time it's coming down and they need to listen to Sark's silly line.

--Spock

Scuzzy
User

on Wednesday, February, 26, 2003 2:15 PM
Isn't that what I had just said?

Nikster
User

on Wednesday, February, 26, 2003 2:16 PM
Why yes....yes it is!

Trace
User

on Wednesday, February, 26, 2003 2:43 PM
It's "Look sharp" I tell you! I'd swear by it!

Which, of course, makes it a silly line--more in keeping with a Sark wannabe.

Scuzzy
User

on Wednesday, February, 26, 2003 2:49 PM
What does a Red care if a Blue looks sharp or not? It's "Look up" as he's pointing upwards. Hold on, I'll look up the script...where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Nikster
User

on Wednesday, February, 26, 2003 3:04 PM
Now kids...play nice!

Hehe

Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Sark's silly line...