Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Do you take submissions for the fan art section?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
wwwmwww
User

on Tuesday, November, 18, 2003 10:01 AM
If you do I have a few images I've made with POV-Ray that are posted here:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?V20721D76
That I'd like to share.

Enjoy...
Carlabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Scuzzy
User

Re: Do you take submissions for the fan art section?

on Tuesday, November, 18, 2003 2:04 PM
1. Very cool looking lightcycle! Well done!

2. You people do math for FUN???

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

Sketch
Sector Admin

Re: Do you take submissions for the fan art sectio

on Tuesday, November, 18, 2003 2:15 PM
Sure we take submissions. Those will make a great addition to the fan art gallery! Very well done program.

Do they have a title and is there any background info you want posted about them?
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

kmon
User

on Tuesday, November, 18, 2003 2:19 PM
Question for wwwmwww:

Maybe I missed it in the thread but what software were you using, what are your system specs and how long did these renders take? Great job by the way, a daily dose of math does a body good

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, November, 18, 2003 3:24 PM
Yeah what software were you using for renedering the image. Its definately not like lightwave at all thats for sure. And even with that you can get something similar but not eaxtly the same as you have it. Seems like what you had posted on the other message board was mathematically based in a 3-d space. Please do tell what software was used. I'm wondering what it could be.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

wwwmwww
User

on Wednesday, November, 19, 2003 9:24 AM
1. Thanks...

2. I've always enjoyed math. There its either right or wrong. Its the stuff that falls inbetween that I find hard.

Scuzzy Wrote:1. Very cool looking lightcycle! Well done!

2. You people do math for FUN???

wwwmwww
User

on Wednesday, November, 19, 2003 9:34 AM
Thanks...

The first one I called "Back on the Grid Again".

The second I called "Max and Milia" but you might not get that title if you're not familiar with Macross.

As for me... my name is Carl Hoff. I'm a process engineer in the semiconductor industry that's currently looking for a job. I've been out of work for a little over two months and for the first time since I became aware of POV-Ray... about 8 years ago... I've now got some time to sit down and teach myself how to use it.

Sketch Wrote:Sure we take submissions. Those will make a great addition to the fan art gallery! Very well done program.

Do they have a title and is there any background info you want posted about them?

wwwmwww
User

on Wednesday, November, 19, 2003 9:41 AM
The software is POV-Ray. Its free and you can get it here:

http://www.povray.org

I've got a Sony VAIO PCV-RX380DS.
Intel Pentium 4
1.50 GHz
128 MB PC-800 RDRAM

The first picture took about 2 hours to render I think. I didn't record the time. The second picture took 1day 2hours 40minutes and 6seconds.

And yes... I love the math. I've started on a tank model now and its shapes are much more complicated then the cycles.

Later,
Carl

kmon Wrote:Question for wwwmwww:

Maybe I missed it in the thread but what software were you using, what are your system specs and how long did these renders take? Great job by the way, a daily dose of math does a body good

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, November, 19, 2003 1:50 PM
Images have been added to the fan art section wwwmwww. Can't wait to see more. You've did great on the likness.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

wwwmwww
User

on Thursday, November, 20, 2003 10:45 AM
Thanks. I'm still working on the tank. I finished up the tank tread yesterday. I'll try to do some work on the body today. Is it possible to post pictures here? If so I could probably post an update every 2 or 3 days.

Later,
Carl

Sketch Wrote:Images have been added to the fan art section wwwmwww. Can't wait to see more. You've did great on the likness.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Trace
User

on Thursday, November, 20, 2003 7:15 PM
Gorgeous lightcycle!!! Great work! abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Nikster
User

on Thursday, November, 20, 2003 7:45 PM
Awesome work!!

Who knew math could look so darn cool???

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Compucore
User

on Thursday, November, 20, 2003 9:15 PM
I'm just hoping to see if it will work on my old Pentium II-266 over here. (Crosing fingers.) Going to try some things with it.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

foilism
User

on Friday, November, 21, 2003 4:11 AM
Wowee!!! That is so cool!! I tried to model a lightcycle once, I got stuck. That is so great!!

Speeder
User

on Saturday, November, 22, 2003 1:02 PM
Thaey look, really real!!!

p.s I like math too!!!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

wwwmwww
User

on Sunday, November, 23, 2003 4:48 PM
Compucore Wrote:I'm just hoping to see if it will work on my old Pentium II-266 over here.

It should. The software is rather strait forward and renders most things rather quickly. If you want to get complicated with reflections and transparency it might get slow on that system but even then I think it should still run as long as you are willing to wait. Have fun and I'd love to see what you can come up with.

Enjoy...
Carl

wwwmwww
User

on Sunday, November, 23, 2003 4:54 PM
foilism Wrote:Wowee!!! That is so cool!! I tried to model a lightcycle once, I got stuck. That is so great!!

Thanks... I've wanted to play with this sort of stuff for a long time. POV-Ray is really easy to learn if you have the time to sit down and play with it. The light cycle wasn't too hard to do. I'm working on the tank now and its proving to be alot harder for me. I've spent the last 3 days writing and testing macros as I was doing the same things over and over again. Now that's done I'm back to playing with the tank again. I'll post a work-in-progress pic here in the next day or two.

And thanks... you guys (and gals) here are very kind...
Carl
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

wwwmwww
User

on Sunday, November, 23, 2003 5:00 PM
Ok... I've started a new thread here:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?B44251F96

And by so doing I think I can copy those pictures here. See my post at the above link for some more of the text but here are the pics:

wwwmwww
User

on Sunday, November, 23, 2003 5:10 PM
Here is a series of pics I call Anatomy of a Light Cycle. There is a third in this series that is still rendering. I'll post it when its finished.

wwwmwww
User

on Monday, November, 24, 2003 12:13 PM
A request...

Does anyone here have the tank from the Kubrick TRON Set B? If so would you be kind enough to email me a few pictures of the bottom and rear. One from a strait ahead view would be good too. I'm currently working on the body of the tank and I can't find any good reference pictures of the bottom of the tank. What I've seen of the Tron Kubrick tank looks quite good and I'd like to see how they finished the bottom and back.

Also if anyone knows of a good place to buy this set or maybe even just the tank PLEASE let me know. Till I can get one in my hands though good pictures will do.

Thanks so so so much...
Carl

P.S. Oh almost forgot... my email address is hoff@wt.net

Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion