Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Do you take submissions for the fan art section?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
kmon
User

Re: Do you take submissions for the fan art section?

on Monday, November, 24, 2003 1:53 PM
With a quick google search you can find a few pics....to buy the set... where else

ebay

Good luck to you with the tank model cant wait to see it.

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

wwwmwww
User

on Monday, November, 24, 2003 6:17 PM
Yes... I've found a few pics on line but so far none from the angles I'm interested in... mainly the bottom.

And I also saw that one on eBay. I generally don't do eBay unless I can't find the item elsewhere. Besides in a week or so I hope to be finished with the tank model so pictures are the only thing that will likely get here in time to help me much. I've got an idea what I want to do for the bottom I'm just not sure how accurate it will be. The reference pics over in the Production area of the Gallery are all very very "under exposed" and the black body with a black background makes it next to impossible to pull out much detail.

Thanks...
Carl

kmon Wrote:With a quick google search you can find a few pics....to buy the set... where else

ebay

Good luck to you with the tank model cant wait to see it.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Lew
User

on Monday, November, 24, 2003 6:48 PM
If it helps, I have some screencaps from the DVD.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6
Pic 7
Pic 8
Pic 9
Pic 10
Pic 11
Pic 12
Pic 13
Pic 14
Pic 15

HTML Correction by DaveTRON

wwwmwww
User

on Saturday, November, 29, 2003 3:01 PM
Mimizuku no Lew Wrote:If it helps, I have some screencaps from the DVD.

They did ALOT. Thank you. I'm still interested in what the bottom of the Kubrick toy looks like but for my purposes these pics are even better. Here is a teaser pic I made and I hope to be able to show the final product in the next few days:

By the way... I've noticed that converting these to jpegs takes alot away from the picture. If anyone wants bitmaps just ask and I can email them to you.

Enjoy,
Carl

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Saturday, November, 29, 2003 5:30 PM
The bottom part of the Kubrick toy Tank is nothing like what you see in the movie when the tank goes over the cliff. It's just flat which isn't correct. Your best bet if to go with the screen caps off the DVD.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Compucore
User

on Saturday, November, 29, 2003 5:46 PM
Sounds about right. And I know off hand its hard to guage the things underneath. Try to do an estimate of what looks right like for the tracks and all that for the underneath. Maybe from somewhere else on the other pictures. It could help.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Lew
User

on Sunday, November, 30, 2003 7:21 AM
wwwmwww Wrote:By the way... I've noticed that converting these to jpegs takes alot away from the picture. If anyone wants bitmaps just ask and I can email them to you.

Enjoy,
Carl

Have you considered converting them to PNG?where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

wwwmwww
User

on Tuesday, December, 02, 2003 1:03 PM
If its not too much to ask could you PLEASE give me a screencap of the frame just a few frames after this one. I think the second to last frame of the cannon sweep shows 'it' best. "It' being that the counter ballance of the cannon intersects the white arrow over the red dome. My tank has this problem too and I'm wanting to make side-by-side pictures to see if my tank intersects 'it' in the same way.

Thanks again for all the help. I should be posting my first picture of the tank today.

Kind regards fellow program,
Carl

http://homepage.mac.com/lwernham/.Pictures/Tron/Tank13.png

wwwmwww
User

on Tuesday, December, 02, 2003 1:17 PM
Mimizuku no Lew Wrote:
Have you considered converting them to PNG?

Well I'm not sure I have the right software to do that. I've got something called MGI Photo Suite and of course Microsoft Paint and neither of those support PNG as far as I see it. However I do see that's the format that your pictures are in and I can see them. To be honest I'm not that familiar with all the different formats. I know bitmaps are rare images and are (can be) very big. I know jpegs are compressed and much smaller but have compression artifacts. I assume PNG is just another type of compression but other then that I really don't know much more. Is there a reason it should be better then jpeg? What's the best software to use if I wanted to convert my bitmaps to PNG files? Would everyone here be able to view PNG files?

Thanks,
Carl

Lew
User

on Tuesday, December, 02, 2003 1:36 PM
wwwmwww Wrote:
Well I'm not sure I have the right software to do that. I've got something called MGI Photo Suite and of course Microsoft Paint and neither of those support PNG as far as I see it.

I usually use Adobe Photoshop Elements for graphics work, but Paint Shop Pro should also be able to save as .PNG

However I do see that's the format that your pictures are in and I can see them. To be honest I'm not that familiar with all the different formats. I know bitmaps are rare images and are (can be) very big. I know jpegs are compressed and much smaller but have compression artifacts. I assume PNG is just another type of compression but other then that I really don't know much more. Is there a reason it should be better then jpeg?

The .PNG format uses a lossless compression (unlike .JPG which looks worse the more you compress it), so you get the quality of a .BMP with a file size close to .JPG (you also get 256 levels of transparency for nice translucent effects and semitransparent shadows)

What's the best software to use if I wanted to convert my bitmaps to PNG files?

I'd use Photoshop Elements' "batch convert" personally, but I'm sure one of the Windows users here could suggest a freeware/shareware alternative

Would everyone here be able to view PNG files?

All modern browsers can display .PNG files, although Internet Explorer on Windows seems to ignore any transparency (funnily enough, Internet Explorer on the Mac doesn't have this problem). If you look at the image below, using IE for Windows it displays with a light grey background. Using other browsers (Mozilla/Netscape/Firebird, Opera, Safari, OmniWeb for example) it has a transparent background with a slight shadow.

Lew
User

on Tuesday, December, 02, 2003 1:38 PM
wwwmwww Wrote:If its not too much to ask could you PLEASE give me a screencap of the frame just a few frames after this one. I think the second to last frame of the cannon sweep shows 'it' best. "It' being that the counter ballance of the cannon intersects the white arrow over the red dome. My tank has this problem too and I'm wanting to make side-by-side pictures to see if my tank intersects 'it' in the same way.

Thanks again for all the help. I should be posting my first picture of the tank today.

Kind regards fellow program,
Carl

http://homepage.mac.com/lwernham/.Pictures/Tron/Tank13.png

I'll see what I can doon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Lew
User

on Tuesday, December, 02, 2003 3:35 PM
How's this?

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

They're pretty much consecutive frames from that scene (or the best I could manage with vlc).

Trace
User

on Tuesday, December, 02, 2003 4:33 PM
Mimizuku! You are the master of screencaps! abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Lew
User

on Tuesday, December, 02, 2003 4:52 PM

wwwmwww
User

on Tuesday, December, 02, 2003 8:10 PM
Thanks... pic 4 is perfect. And the PNG file format also sounds like exactly what I need. Now I've just got to find some freeware for making PNG files and I'll have a picture posted today and maybe a few more tomorrow.

Thanks so much for all the help...
Carl

Mimizuku no Lew Wrote:How's this?

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

They're pretty much consecutive frames from that scene (or the best I could manage with vlc).
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

wwwmwww
User

on Tuesday, December, 02, 2003 10:29 PM
Ok... I've downloaded something called Image Forge that lets me save to the PNG format. Thanks again for educating me on the subject. Here is the first reference picture that I'll try to recreate:

and now my version:

I threw in my light cycle as my best guess as to the scale between the two. If there is any official scale information out there for these models PLEASE point me to it. I'm redering the top view now. In fact its 88% complete. After that I'll do a front, right, rear, and bottom view. And then I can really start to play.

Enjoy... and I always welcome feedback...
Carl

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, December, 02, 2003 11:08 PM
One minor detail I've always noticed that seems to be overlooked a bunch is there seems to be triangular indentions on the front and back side areas on the tank sides. It's very hard to see them since that side is usually covered in a shadow, but take a real close look cause they are there.

Awsome job on the tank!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

wwwmwww
User

on Wednesday, December, 03, 2003 1:17 AM
Yes... but I know how they were made and I don't think they should be there. The sides are made by connecting spheres with cones and then filling in the empty space with a prism. In the case of the center region of the side its easy to calculate the planes that make up the prism as all the spheres have the same radius. In the front and the back this is much harder to do as the spheres are different sizes. In your front pic its easy to see that the plane matches up with the two larger spheres but misses the one at the very front allowing you to see more of the connecting cones then you should and thus you see the triangular shape that you do.

In the rear the problem is even more complicated as you have 4 spheres and you only need 3 points to define a plane. So either you have the case where the radius of the 4th sphere is fixed by the other 3 (my solution) or the rear part of the tank actually is made up of two planes. However there is 2 ways to do that. One where the intersection between the two planes slants forward as in the scene just before Clu's tank enters the data streem and the other as in your picture where it slants backwards. In short they aren't consistent in how they did it themselves and I believe they were aiming for flat surfaces and their math wasn't perfect. If you are off by just half a percent in some of these calculations you can start seeing stuff like this. I notice in the body itself you can see hints of the connecting cones too. I could copy that effect by just over sizing all my cones and spheres and not changing any of the prisms but I really don't think they were ment to be noticed.

If you couldn't follow what I said above I could show you a few pictures of what I'm talking about.

Just let me know...
Carl

Sketch Wrote:One minor detail I've always noticed that seems to be overlooked a bunch is there seems to be triangular indentions on the front and back side areas on the tank sides. It's very hard to see them since that side is usually covered in a shadow, but take a real close look cause they are there.

Awsome job on the tank!
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

wwwmwww
User

on Wednesday, December, 03, 2003 1:21 AM
Here is the PNG version of my teaser pic. I think its 100 times better then the jpeg version.

Carl

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Lew
User

on Wednesday, December, 03, 2003 3:33 AM
wwwmwww Wrote:I threw in my light cycle as my best guess as to the scale between the two. If there is any official scale information out there for these models PLEASE point me to it.

If it helps there's a light-cycle to the left of the picture in Pic 2 from my earlier post. I could always try to grab some more frames from that scene tonight. Plus there's always the ledge that the tank falls from, you could use the ledge as a scale as you see both a tank and the 3 cycles on the same ledge from pretty much the same angle. I'll grab a pic of that tonight as well.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Do you take submissions for the fan art section?