Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Do you take submissions for the fan art section?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
wwwmwww
User

Re: Do you take submissions for the fan art section?

on Wednesday, December, 03, 2003 11:09 AM
Yes... I've looked at both those scenes. If you could grab the pics that would be useful. What I more or less tried to do was make the length of the light cycle about the same as the base diameter of the turret on the tank as that's about the best thing I could compare it to as it passed the tank. This isn't an exact science though as its very hard to take perspective out of the picture and the cycle passes closer to the camera. Also I'm not sure they were consistent in the movie itself. Note the scene when Clu climbs out of the tank. He's standing on that little hatch in the rear but yet it looks like 10 people could stand on that spot. If that's the case and a light cycle is only about as wide as a human then the cycle should only be about as long as that hatch and yet you can see its much much bigger then that when it passes the tanks. There is also that sceen when the tank comes out and shoots the bridge. It comes out at a spot the cycles have just passed. If you ask me that tank looks much smaller then it should but again maybe we are looking through a much wider lens then I think we are and the perspective is off. If you could... could you try to grap a few shots from that scene as well. One as the tank comes out into view and another with the bikes in as close to the same spot as the tank is as you can.

Thanks,
Carl

Lew
User

on Wednesday, December, 03, 2003 11:13 AM
Only if you edit your post to fix the formatting

wwwmwww
User

on Wednesday, December, 03, 2003 11:21 AM
Mimizuku no Lew Wrote:Only if you edit your post to fix the formatting

What did I do? And how do I fix it?

Arg... this looks bad...
Carl

edit: Ok... I took out the quote and it now looks better. I think I cut something out I shouldn't have the first time or something, though I'm not entirely sure. Atleast it looks better now.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Trace
User

on Wednesday, December, 03, 2003 11:29 AM
Awwww...were you guys trapped in a quote? All better now, I see!

Lew
User

on Wednesday, December, 03, 2003 11:50 AM
OK. Here's a couple of pics I just happened to have lying around (no, really).

Tank on ledge
Light cycles on same ledge

I'll see if I can get some more grabs when I get home from work tonight.

Lew
User

on Wednesday, December, 03, 2003 11:50 AM
Trace Wrote:Awwww...were you guys trapped in a quote? All better now, I see!

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Lew
User

on Wednesday, December, 03, 2003 3:17 PM
How's this?

Screengrab showing size of program compared to light cycle
Ram's cycle right next to a tankorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

wwwmwww
User

on Wednesday, December, 03, 2003 7:34 PM
Mimizuku no Lew Wrote:How's this?

Its good enough to prove to me they weren't very consistant themselves as I'd sort of thought. Take a look at this:

If you ask me there is atleast a factor of 2 difference in the size of the cycles in the top picture as compared to the bottom picture. That is assuming the tank is the same size. Personally I can't think of a reason why a tank should be that much bigger then the cycles. In the movie they are driven by 1 to 3 'program' crew. If they were THAT big you could fit 30 programs in there. If there is no official specs out there for these models I think I'll stick with the assumption that a cycle is about as long as the large dome on the turret is wide which looks about right for Ram's cycle. If you are able to grab any pics from the scene at about 50:11 I'll see how they compare to these but I feel that scene might make the cycles look alot bigger.
I'd need a shot of the cycles as they go past the opening the tank comes out of and a pic of the tank in as close to the same spot as possible.

Thanks for all the help fellow program,
Carl

wwwmwww
User

on Wednesday, December, 03, 2003 8:16 PM
Top view is done....

For comparison purposes here is MAGI's model:

And here is the top view of mine:

Enjoy... and I always welcome feedback...
Carl
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

wwwmwww
User

on Thursday, December, 04, 2003 9:02 PM
I've just finished the render of the front view of the tank so again for comparison purposes here is MAGI's model:

And here is mine:

Enjoy...
Carl
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

foilism
User

on Friday, December, 05, 2003 2:59 AM
ooooooooooo, i do enjoy, they're great. What prgram are you using?

wwwmwww
User

on Friday, December, 05, 2003 11:40 AM
foilism Wroteoooooooooo, i do enjoy, they're great. What prgram are you using?

POV-Ray... you can get it for free here:

http://www.povray.org/

And thanks...
Carl

wwwmwww
User

on Friday, December, 05, 2003 11:46 AM
The rear view is done. So again for comparison purposes here is MAGI's model:

And here is mine:

Enjoy...
Carl

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, December, 05, 2003 12:26 PM

wwwmwww, you're doing a damn fine job on the light cycles and tank! You defnitely have talent.

Just wondering though, are you going to be able to get the red vector line highlights on the tank cannon? Then the rendering will be perfect.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

wwwmwww
User

on Friday, December, 05, 2003 3:57 PM
Thanks for the compliment. I've never considered myself an artist. But I have always been rather mathematical. Its just that I've now got some time to play with POV-Ray and its been rather fun so far. But in POV-Ray circles I'm still very very green.

And as for the red lines on the tank cannon I've been thinking about that myself. There are shots in the movie sort of like this one:

Pic 2
redrain85 Wrote:

wwwmwww, you're doing a damn fine job on the light cycles and tank! You defnitely have talent.

Just wondering though, are you going to be able to get the red vector line highlights on the tank cannon? Then the rendering will be perfect.

wwwmwww
User

on Friday, December, 05, 2003 11:37 PM
The right side view is done. So again for comparison purposes here is MAGI's model:

And here is mine:

Enjoy...
Carl

wwwmwww
User

on Saturday, December, 06, 2003 9:43 AM
I couldn't find bottom view of the MAGI preproduction TRON tank but here is a view cut off of the DVD thanks to Mimizuku no Lew:

And here is mine:

Enjoy...
Carlwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

wwwmwww
User

on Tuesday, December, 09, 2003 12:08 PM
redrain85 Wrote:

So... hows this look? It was harder to outline the cannon then it was to make the cannon itself but I think the results were worth the effort.

Enjoy...
Carl

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, December, 09, 2003 1:55 PM
That's gorgeous! You need to be on the TRON 2.0 team if they ever make the movie!

DaveTRON

kmon
User

on Tuesday, December, 09, 2003 1:56 PM
sweeeeet, really adds a lot to it

Hmm, I think you might want to try maya, the personal addition is free. I would really love to see some animation!

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Do you take submissions for the fan art section?