Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Where can I play the Tron Arcade, no really.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Doug Jacoby
User

on Friday, November, 26, 2004 8:58 PM
Greetings Programs!

This is my first post.

I would like to know where I can play the original Tron arcade game.

Is there a website?

You know like an easy Java download?

Does Tron 2.0 have a section where I can play it?

Please someone help me I do not want to spend my entire life in a pocket calculator!

Thanks

END OF LINE

harpo989
User

Re: Where can I play the Tron Arcade, no really.

on Friday, November, 26, 2004 9:36 PM
I belive you can play it on the GBA version of Tron 2.0: Killer App...where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

Nikster
User

on Friday, November, 26, 2004 9:42 PM
Or...you can get MAME.

(altho...playing Tron with a keyboard is a beeyotch)

To the best of my knowledge, there is no java version of either Tron arcade game. There may be games inspired by it tho.

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Doug Jacoby
User

Code Password: MASTER

on Friday, November, 26, 2004 10:02 PM
Greetings Programs!

Okay so Tron 2.0 has to original?

Just pretend you guys are flying bits a simple "Yes" or "No".

What I need "Mame" and all that junk on my computer just to play Tron?

I want only "solutions" not "problems" just like the man says.

How do I continue pursuit of remaining conscripts of Tron the arcade, like what website do I like check out.

By the way where can I get a good Chinese Language file?

END OF LINE

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, November, 26, 2004 10:45 PM
We do not support the illegal copying or downloading of any game here.

TRON 2.0 for the PC, GBA and Xbox are all available commercially, and if you want to play them, you should buy them.

The original TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade games can be downloaded and played through an emulator like MAME, but that is also not legal unless you own one of the standup arcade machines.

As noted, both TRON and Discs of TRON arcade are included in the Gameboy Advance version of TRON 2.0, so that might be the best option for you, you get three in one.

As for your posts, welcome to TRON Sector. We are happy to have you here as long as you want to be a part of our community.

I hope you will hang around and enjoy the site and make a few new frieinds.

DaveTRON

Hale-XF11
User

on Saturday, November, 27, 2004 11:01 AM
I know this is a long shot but...

If you're ever in the Orlando, FL. area, DisneyQuest (a large arcade) still has Tron and Discs of Tron machines to play on.

I tell ya, there's just no matching the feeling of playing those games on the original machines. MAME just doesn't do it justice enough for me to play either game on my computer, so I gave up on that. It's all about using the wheel controller on the machines. It's just so intuitive and smooth. I realize not everyone has that option, but if you ever get the chance to play on an original arcade machine, you'll see what I mean. I still have to get the GBA game, so I'm not sure how that controls. Maybe someone here has written a review on the GBA version.

I'm lucky that my parents have a place in Florida though where I can stay, so at least once, maybe twice a year I'll go to Disney Quest and spend a couple of hours playing nothing but Tron! It's the only arcade that I'm aware of anywhere that still has both units.

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Doug Jacoby
User

Who are you calling a program, program!

on Saturday, November, 27, 2004 1:56 PM
I never said anything about getting illegal or bootleg copies of anything.

"If this is about those parking tickets I can explain everything".

As far as downloading anything illegally you know I'm against that.

I want to make sure those internet I/O towers remain lit up.

Okay so I should buy Tron 2.0 to play the original Tron Arcade game? Right?

Although you might be able to play it at home I agree with Hale-XF11 user that playing the original Arcade is no substitute,

In my local Arcade they had Tron but it broke down and they had to get rid of it like last year or so.

Now where is that Chinese language file I asked for?

END OF LINEorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

DaveTRON
User

on Saturday, November, 27, 2004 4:34 PM
Well anyone in LA can always come by and play my machines.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

Doug Jacoby
User

“No problem Master “C”.

on Saturday, November, 27, 2004 5:30 PM
DaveTRON User thanks for your tip. If I’m ever in L.A. I will look you up.

As to Florida umm maybe next summer.

Hale-XF11 User do you now realize that by tomorrow there is going to be one huge line at the entrance at Disney Quest’s Arcade!

It's going to be like Pong where the machine malfunctioned because too many coins where lodged into it!

I guess you are going to hear it from Steven Lisberger himself!

Hey guys one thing I did not get about the Tron Arcade is that it has additional screens that are empty in its upper parts.

There are empty screens to the left and right and a middle one having the MCP cone in its mesa.

Why are those screens there?

Where those screens ever meant to be active?

Was Bally thinking at one point to incorporate a 3D light cycle arena where the player can look left and right and straight forward?

“No problem Master “C” if you have seen one consumer electronics show you have seen them all……What’s up.”

END OF LINE

DaveTRON
User

on Saturday, November, 27, 2004 8:04 PM
Not sure what you are referring to, but no. The story is that Discs of TRON was originally supposed to be the fifth game in TRON arcade, but it wasn't done and they decided it could stand alone with some additional development.

DaveTRON

tolhurst
User

on Thursday, December, 02, 2004 9:36 PM
There are two machines I know of (the original not DOT) in Portland, Or

Ground Kontrol (the retro arcade downtown)
Backspace (pay to play LAN) also Downtown

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, December, 03, 2004 10:15 AM

In Phoenix Az, at the Gameworks at the Mills Outlet mall they actually had a table top version of tron. It had to have been a custom job because the trigger joystick was replaced, but there was a paddle wheel. It was pretty neat.

-Mattwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, December, 03, 2004 10:32 AM
Okay so I should buy Tron 2.0 to play the original Tron Arcade game? Right?

Just to warn you, it's damn near impossible to play Tron, for real, on anything other than the arcade controls. Unless you have a paddle wheel, you can't really control Tron's arm correctly or the tank turret.

Sure, Tron 2.0 for the GBA was kinda fun, in a nostalgtic way, but if you're buying that game JUST for the Tron arcade game you may be in for a little dissapointment.

-Matt
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, December, 03, 2004 12:12 PM
Using Mame, TRON can be controlled very well using a trackball mouse. That's how I play, and it's a blast. Discs of TRON rocks that way too. Sometimes you have to be creative in solving a problem.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

Traahn
User

on Friday, December, 03, 2004 1:30 PM
Like the man says, only solutions...

How "true to the originals" do the emulated Tron arcade games play in the GBA? Are they perfect? Near-perfect? Pretty good? (I won't go any lower than that ranking because I highly doubt the GBA versions would be signifcantly different.)

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, December, 03, 2004 2:33 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:Using Mame, TRON can be controlled very well using a trackball mouse.

I haven't tried a trackball, but did try it with the mouse, only to find I am in no way ambidextrous when it comes to mouses (mousi?). The paddle wheel, which I miss so much, was awesome because it didn't allow for the mouse "drift"

As for Traahn's question, I found the emulation of the Tron arcade games to be SPOT on in the GBA, except that Discs Of Tron didn't have that wonderful background (Even in MAME you needed a special plug in for the background) DOT does play a lot easier than the Tron game. I just cant spin Tron's arms around fast enough in the MCP Cone game using the L1 and R1 buttons.

-Matt

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, December, 03, 2004 5:50 PM

Here's some screen shots:

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Traahn
User

on Friday, December, 03, 2004 7:36 PM
Sweet! Looks really good!! Wish I had a GBA now I'll have to let my friend who has a GBA know about this. Thanks for the info and screens Boingo_Buzzard

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Doug Jacoby
User

"A nice break from those accounting cream puff's"

on Saturday, December, 04, 2004 12:26 AM

How is it that the light cycle's game in Tron the movie was different that the real Arcade?

End Of Line

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Saturday, December, 04, 2004 12:58 AM
Doug Jacoby Wrote:

How is it that the light cycle's game in Tron the movie was different that the real Arcade?

End Of Line

I chalk it up to technology at the time. I'm sure, given what can be done now the emulation from movie to video game would be perfect.

In fact some of the PC games you download for free from the Games section of this web page would have been freakin' marvels back in 1982

But given that, the imagination factor is also a big deal. I miss my imagination having to fill in the gaps for video games to be honest. Remember "Adventure" for the Atari 2600? You were a cursor. A bloody cursor.

But hell, the game play was way amazing. I dare anyone these days to come up with a game these days where the imagination factor is the dominant part of the game.

-Matt
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade