TRON: LEGACY 
 What's your take on the Film News?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
AlanOne
User

Re: What's your take on the Film News?

on Tuesday, January, 25, 2005 2:47 AM
My God! Has Disney lost it's collective mind? I have been a member of Tron Sector for a while and have never posted, but this is serious! I am a TRON nut and I am stunned that Lisberger is being handed his hat. It is like Star Wars being stripped from Lucas. TRON was the reason many of us are the proud geeks we are today. We ought to write letters or a billion emails to Disney. Something! This madness cannot go on! If TextPad is right, it may not be too late, maybe we are all jumping the gun, if not, and a remake is in the works it better be damn good or I'll riot in the streets. You can remove people like Lisberger from the sytem, but his spirit remains!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"Let me at 'em"

Corruption
User

on Tuesday, January, 25, 2005 7:59 AM
AlanOne Wrote:[...]It is like Star Wars being stripped from Lucas. [...]

That may have been a kinder fate than Eps 1 and 2.
(shudder)

Anyone have a Tron script - or a better memory than I - handy? I think the quote (real-world) about a part of the programmer remaining in systems he designed would be relevant right bout here. Or did AlanOne just do that?

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, January, 25, 2005 12:05 PM
I think it's a great idea to write letters. Here is where you can send them:

The Walt Disney Company
c/o Dick Cook
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521

Dick is the head of feature films. You can also send letters to Brigham Taylor who is in charge of Production for the film. Use the same address.

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, January, 25, 2005 1:06 PM
Hey Davetron. To who do we make the attention too for this? Maybe if we all send in at least one from the whole group. Maybe they might take notices. How many are we altogether here active wise I mean. About 30-100 people in total?

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, January, 25, 2005 1:07 PM
Karl,

Did you read the address? It's right there. Dick Cook or, as I mentioned later in the note, Brigham Taylor.

DaveTRON

Kamui
User

on Tuesday, January, 25, 2005 1:33 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:All,

One thing I have suggested numerous times at BVG before I departed was that to make TRON cool again for a larger group we needed to do something to attract the younger folks.

I had suggested making a series of online cartoons of TRON that tied back into the original story and could eventually lead to a sequel and or additional games.

Sort of a comic-serial approach. What do you all think of that idea?

In Flash? I have just the man for the job! He already has some short Tron-related flash animations in his gallery already. If I can talk him in to it.... this could work....

~Kamui.WZW

===========================
What should I put here today?
http://mediamaniacgeek.blogspot.com/
TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, January, 25, 2005 1:40 PM
I'll definitely write a letter and post what I have written so far. (It's going to take a while. Augh.)

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Kamui
User

on Tuesday, January, 25, 2005 1:59 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:Karl,

Did you read the address? It's right there. Dick Cook or, as I mentioned later in the note, Brigham Taylor.

How about e-mail? I'm not really big on snail mail here.....

~Kamui.EXE
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

===========================
What should I put here today?
http://mediamaniacgeek.blogspot.com/
TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, January, 25, 2005 3:51 PM
I'd say e-mail is a no-no if you want to be heard. There's the issue with spam filters and such.

A personal letter through snail mail is much more effective from what I've been told.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, January, 25, 2005 5:06 PM
I'll write a letter to them, but I'm not going to tell them to "make a sequel, or make nothing." As y'all know, I'd rather see something than nothing. I'll also mention I hope they can recruit Lisberger.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, January, 25, 2005 5:29 PM
Kamui Wrote:How about e-mail? I'm not really big on snail mail here.....

~Kamui.EXE

You really need to do things like this the old fashioned way to be heard at all. When people actually take the time to sit down and write out on paper (or type and print to paper), sign it, seal it, and send it - it means a lot more. And it has weight to it - literally. A few mailbags of well written letters explaining the TRON fans' perspectives can go a long way. The question is how many mailbag(s) will TRON letters fill up?

In terms of writing a letter, I've got some strong opinions running through my head on this. Much of which is stated already in my posts in this thread. I'm going to have to try and take those ideas, remove the slightly angry emotion of them, and see what I come up with on this myself.

Thanks for supplying the address, DaveTRON.

I love TRON so much. I'd just hate to see it mangled up, as I'm sure they would do with a remake.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, January, 25, 2005 6:20 PM
Ahh, but TheReelTood, Tron 2.0 wasn't a mangled up mess; why have such little faith in a remake?

No, I've read your posts. It's just weird to see such hopelessness from a guy who usually has so much hope!

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, January, 25, 2005 7:21 PM
Traahn Wrote:Ahh, but TheReelTood, Tron 2.0 wasn't a mangled up mess; why have such little faith in a remake?

No, I've read your posts. It's just weird to see such hopelessness from a guy who usually has so much hope!

Tood? Did you just call me Tood?

I know, Traahn - I have little faith in a future TRON movie. Actually I have no faith at all in a "TRON" remake. Mark my words - they just won't do it right. Of course, this comes from a man (me) who refuses to even watch the new "BSG" because of how NOT BSG they have made it. BUT, BSG could have been great if they had only done it right. I was excited about it before I learned more about what it would really be - they went and really messed it up conceptually and at the base level and beyond. Of course, I recognize fully that I am in the minority with my opinions on BSG.

As I've said, TRON is very much a period piece. It can be continued if done properly, BUT not remade against today's society and technological backdrop. They can make a movie where a programmer gets digitized in to a computer, insert adventure here, and then saves the day - sure, they can do that. But they cannot recapture what made TRON such a fantastic film. I don't just love TRON for the premise it is, but more for the whole groundbreaking film is was (and still is to me) - in that time period, where computers and home computing were relatively new.

Jeez, I feel like I'm just repeating earlier posts here.

Ok, I'm not interested in a remake. I think I've stated why clearly enough.

TRON 2.0 the game was and is a great game, but if the game storyline were the storyline of a TRON sequel, well, I'd be less than enthusiastic about it. It would be less of a turn off than a remake, but I did not generally care for the story of TRON 2.0. TRON 2.0 as a story (based in the game) wasn't very good for many reasons, which I don't care to dip in to in this thread. That's my opinion about the game's storyline anyway. Good game, bad film plot.

A TRON sequel, built upon the foundation of the original TRON and continuing the timeline in today, could be a great film. Sure - it could be a not great film too, but I'm saying that the possibility for greatness in a TRON sequel is far more likely than a in a remake - ESPECIALLY if Mr. Lisberger were at the helm!

Now I have to say, as much as I disagree with you on a TRON remake, I very much admire your enthusiasm and energy on the subject. You're all (that's positive) on this In other words - you're taking this all from the standpoint of your love of TRON and ANYTHING TRON, even a remade "TRON". I understand that any TRON is good TRON and is better than nothing new TRON in your POV.

I don't think we're going to see eye to eye on this, Traahn, but I respect your views on it all, and you've got a great attitude about it!

I should clear up something though. I'm very passionate about my love for TRON for many reasons. For all that TRON is to me, I really don't want to see it soiled by an insulting remake. BUT let's get one thing straight - we're talking about movies here; entertainment. As great as TRON is, it's just a film. And as crappy as a remake would be - it too is just a film. I don't loose sleep at night thinking about good films or bad films or films that I don't want remade. I really don't even spend much thought on it throughout the day. But here at TRON-Sector, where TRON is the word, and I'm a BIG TRON nerd, well, it's a hot topic

If they remake TRON, I'll be pissed off for a while, especially as I witness the kind of crap I'm expecting them to put forth as "TRON" in the advertising of it. I'll be even more pissed off when they show interviews of people saying stupid things like "Whoa - this was such a

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, January, 25, 2005 10:16 PM
I can understand that.

People now would only remember the new Tron. They'll all forget the old Tron... and what it really did in the history. When something's shiny, the old, beloved object is simply discarded and tossed away.

That's probably one of the reasons why most of us don't want a remake because the original would be forgotten... except some of us will always remember.

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, January, 25, 2005 10:28 PM
At least until we all croak! order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

Corruption
User

on Wednesday, January, 26, 2005 9:22 AM
rosebud?

ShivaGoddess
User

on Wednesday, January, 26, 2005 7:02 PM
they don't need to do remake at all...the movie needs to based on the game...no need to redo a classic..just advance the story and we'll all be happy
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

kid at heart..goddess by nature
">WHATEVER: It All Matters

gl
User

on Wednesday, January, 26, 2005 7:27 PM
You can remove people like Lisberger from the sytem, but his spirit remains!

Perfect : ).

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

gl
User

on Wednesday, January, 26, 2005 7:32 PM
At work, I'll call anyone who goes to see it a TRON traitor and threaten to give them a poor annual review if they work under me.

Lol : ).where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, January, 26, 2005 7:33 PM
GL,

Did you get my PM? You said you wanted to send something to me but I haven't heard from you since? What's up?

DaveTRON

FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 What's your take on the Film News?