What's your take on the Film News?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
gl
User

Re: What's your take on the Film News?

on Thursday, January, 27, 2005 6:35 AM
DaveTRON Wrote:GL,

Did you get my PM? You said you wanted to send something to me but I haven't heard from you since? What's up?

Yeah I did, thanks. I'll be in touch in the next few days...where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

jmaynard
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2005 9:13 AM
I had a discussion with my agent about this the other day. His take on it was that Steven's genius was in imagining the world 20 years in the future, and making that appear on the big screen. He did that with TRON, and now, 20 years later, anybody can make that world happen with the advances in computer graphics.

He said that the guys who Disney hired to do the writing this time around were action/adventure types who didn't need to have the vision: that had already been done.

He went on to say that Steven should concentrate on pushing things forward 20 more years...but that's not what Disney may be interested in. It is, however, Steven's strong point.

I'll add to all of this that, if Steven can't get Disney interested in a sequel, it may be time for him to come up with a new universe...

Jay Maynard, the Tron Guy

Kamui
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2005 11:52 AM
TheReelTodd Wrote:
Kamui Wrote:How about e-mail? I'm not really big on snail mail here.....

~Kamui.EXE

You really need to do things like this the old fashioned way to be heard at all. When people actually take the time to sit down and write out on paper (or type and print to paper), sign it, seal it, and send it - it means a lot more. And it has weight to it - literally. A few mailbags of well written letters explaining the TRON fans' perspectives can go a long way. The question is how many mailbag(s) will TRON letters fill up?

In terms of writing a letter, I've got some strong opinions running through my head on this. Much of which is stated already in my posts in this thread. I'm going to have to try and take those ideas, remove the slightly angry emotion of them, and see what I come up with on this myself.

Thanks for supplying the address, DaveTRON.

I love TRON so much. I'd just hate to see it mangled up, as I'm sure they would do with a remake.

*flails arms about wildly* Gyah! I don't think I wanna give up my offline address to anyone yet.

What if I made a written version and scanned it in as a pdf? ^^;;

~Kamui.EXEwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

===========================
What should I put here today?
http://mediamaniacgeek.blogspot.com/
TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

clu61
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2005 4:24 PM
Honestly, I don't know why everyone is getting so upset at this stage.I love TRON dearly as well, and no movie could ever diminish that. But the chance to see TRON come back, and come back BIG is a chance that we'd be crazy not to see taken. It really has come down to TRON's very survival at this point- either a remake, or end of line as far as Disney will be concerned. When it comes to Steven's participation, if he isn't made at LEAST an executive producer, it would be a shame. But why would Disney be concerned about bringing Mr. Lisberger back in? For starters TRON, as much as we all love it, was a FLOP. Animalimpics?(sp) flop. So I'm sure the studio looks at the budget for a new TRON movie, and has reservations about Steven. Not knocking his talent or vision, but Disney doesnt care about that. Only the almighty dollar.
Anyway, thats my take(sorry so long)

Compucore
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2005 4:33 PM
CLub don't take this the wrong way. Its just that Tron was Made by Lisberger himself. Who has created this world for the people who like it. Yes through the help of Disney. As you may have read through some of the postings in this thread. There were some other movie sequels that were made by other directors. ANd not by the original director of the first movie. And soem of them went flop or didn't produced as good results for some of the film companies.

We're just making sure that Disney should have lisberger onboard if they should decide to do a remake of it or make a sequel to the original Tron. Thats all we're basically saying here.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Thursday, January, 27, 2005 7:28 PM
Kamui Wrote:*flails arms about wildly* Gyah! I don't think I wanna give up my offline address to anyone yet.

~Kamui.EXE

Jeez - if you really want to write a letter that they'll actually read, you need to send it - print it to PAPER (not PDF) and fold it up, and put it in a properly addressed envelope and stamp it and drop it in the mail box, etc.

For all the effort you'd take to write it, scan it, and convert to PDF - snail mailing it shouldn't require much extra effort.

And I'm sure that no one at Disney will use your return address for anything malicious. If anything, you'd stand to get a response if you include your return address, though that would be unlikely.

Still, if you're uncomfortable with it, just send the letter without a return address. It will still get where it's going so long as you have it clearly labeled.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Compucore
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2005 9:42 PM
Kamui Todd is right on this. and I agree with him on it. I am going to be wiriting this weekend to Disney about this as well. And I'm doing it the oild fashion way by snail mail. Sometime even in todays fast pavesd world. It's easy simply blacklist, block and send back an email saying that the person is no longer working for X company. Here this way by good old snail mail. At least they can't say that they didn't get it. Right Todd.

TheReelTodd Wrote:
Kamui Wrote:*flails arms about wildly* Gyah! I don't think I wanna give up my offline address to anyone yet.

~Kamui.EXE

Jeez - if you really want to write a letter that they'll actually read, you need to send it - print it to PAPER (not PDF) and fold it up, and put it in a properly addressed envelope and stamp it and drop it in the mail box, etc.

For all the effort you'd take to write it, scan it, and convert to PDF - snail mailing it shouldn't require much extra effort.

And I'm sure that no one at Disney will use your return address for anything malicious. If anything, you'd stand to get a response if you include your return address, though that would be unlikely.

Still, if you're uncomfortable with it, just send the letter without a return address. It will still get where it's going so long as you have it clearly labeled.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Traahn
User

on Friday, January, 28, 2005 8:41 PM
I can't wait to look back at this thread after the remake is released, assuming it is released.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Kamui
User

on Tuesday, February, 01, 2005 1:10 PM
Compucore Wrote:Kamui Todd is right on this. and I agree with him on it. I am going to be wiriting this weekend to Disney about this as well. And I'm doing it the oild fashion way by snail mail. Sometime even in todays fast pavesd world. It's easy simply blacklist, block and send back an email saying that the person is no longer working for X company. Here this way by good old snail mail. At least they can't say that they didn't get it. Right Todd.

TheReelTodd Wrote:

~Kamui.EXE

*Sigh* I'll stick to my visual commontary and screw with the minds of those "jumping on the bandwagon" instead....

~Kamui.EXE

TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

Wallyrus
User

No Title

on Thursday, February, 03, 2005 11:10 AM
"Pain is temporary, Film is forever."

I say just let 'em do whatever it is that they want to do. Making a bad remake of the original isn't going to make the original TRON sease to exist or something.

Disney may have a happy fuzzy exterior, they are an evil corporation at the core and they'll do and make whatever it is that they want to. No pititioning or outcries are going to change that. The only ones that they're going to listen to are their target market; and they're not going to market the new movie towards 30 year olds who are in love with the original. They're going to market it towards 10 year olds. So that when they all go and see it Disney can sell toys, and McDonalds happy meals, and make a spin-off cartoon series.

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

-- Pro Libertate --

Traahn
User

on Sunday, February, 06, 2005 2:13 AM
Wallyrus Wrote:"Pain is temporary, Film is forever."

I say just let 'em do whatever it is that they want to do. Making a bad remake of the original isn't going to make the original TRON sease to exist or something.
Exactly!order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

KiaPurity
User

on Sunday, February, 06, 2005 3:36 PM
...did my statement of "No one remembering the original Tron except for the true fans" go by unnoticed?

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

flynn1978
User

on Monday, February, 07, 2005 5:46 PM
I am all for a remake. Considering Peter Jackson did so well on LOTR, we could use some new blood concoucting a vibrant and revitalized TRON world-and any new TRON movie would be terrific. It's not like the picture quality could look bad or something...

That would only happen if they used computers less powerful than the ones used to make TRON, and I don't think that'll happen... abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

flynn1978
User

on Monday, February, 07, 2005 5:54 PM
Expanding the characters, history, and location in which TRON took place (in order to make a more true TRON sequel) is probably too costly a task to accomplish. That's why a remake is probably gonna get the silver screen.

A remake is very cost effective, and this saves a lot of time trying to get the screenplay and first film to mesh, meld and be vibrant for today's audiences.

Also, the actors from the first film would be hard to coax into a TRON sequel. Finding those who would look like them would be daunting too, if a TRON 2 would be taking place not long after TRON.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

KiaPurity
User

on Monday, February, 07, 2005 7:53 PM
flynn1978 Wrote:Expanding the characters, history, and location in which TRON took place (in order to make a more true TRON sequel) is probably too costly a task to accomplish. That's why a remake is probably gonna get the silver screen.

A remake is very cost effective, and this saves a lot of time trying to get the screenplay and first film to mesh, meld and be vibrant for today's audiences.

Also, the actors from the first film would be hard to coax into a TRON sequel. Finding those who would look like them would be daunting too, if a TRON 2 would be taking place not long after TRON.

...Uh... are you so sure about them not wanting to come back for sequel? Considering Bruce and Cindy came back for Tron 2.0 game? *scratches her head*

And how can it be costly for a sequel? I do not see this.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, February, 08, 2005 4:42 AM
KiaPurity Wrote: People now would only remember the new Tron. They'll all forget the old Tron... and what it really did in the history. When something's shiny, the old, beloved object is simply discarded and tossed away.

Going back to all my examples from a previous post (King Kong, Righteous Brothers, etc.); does it really matter if a newbie isn't aware of the old Tron? They would never have watched it anyways. Yes, that's sad to think about, but I hear lots of songs on the radio that I later hear an older version of on an oldies station. I'm sure folks in their 60s and 70s are mad at me thinking a song made in 2005 is an original, when it was actually done a long time ago. Heck, it bugs me when a new song comes out where I know the original and someone else isn't aware of this; but does it make me say the remake should've never been done? There's a fairly new one by Gwen Stefani that was originally done in the 80s: "It's My Life." Will the original forever be forgotten? Maybe, unless you know the original and are a fan of it. But doubtful. Regardless, how much does that really matter, and why? The video games I play on my PC now are amazing in many respects; "shiny and new." But have I forgotten about my Atari 2600 or C64, or lost respect for them? Heck no. I think I said before that the recent "Count of Monte Cristo" movie was a remake. I loved it and have never seen the original. In retrospect, from my standpoint, if diehard lovers of the original had somehow blocked the remake, I'd be bummed. Movies age. What's wrong with an update?

We'll all remember Tron the way it was. I'm amazed so many won't just treasure the memory and make way for a new version.

KiaPurity Wrote:And how can it be costly for a sequel? I do not see this
Flynn1978 didn't say that it would be costly. He said it would be "cost effective" (meaning the return on investment would be well worth it: cheap to make with relatively higher profits to be made).

Kamui
User

on Tuesday, February, 15, 2005 4:41 PM
jmaynard Wrote:
I'll add to all of this that, if Steven can't get Disney interested in a sequel, it may be time for him to come up with a new universe...

*Taps a pencil on her desk* I would like to see a new universe but I'm also quite attached to his Tron universe. (Which is also the name of my site! How ironic! ) And I think most of us will say the same thing.

The best weapons we've got here are words (And quite possibly a few Sark )

~Kamui.EXE

TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

Conduit
User

on Friday, February, 18, 2005 6:27 PM
Okay, since no one has posted to comment on the new information posted, may I be the first to say WOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT!!!!!! *Does the movie sequel, finally! dance* I hereby revoke any negative comments I made on this project. If somebody reading this doesn't know what I am talking about, go to the news section.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Friday, February, 18, 2005 9:28 PM
Ok, I just read the news update on what may be more sequel oriented and not a remake.

Whew!

But...

They STILL better not mess it up!

My early thought is that Mr. Lisberger will be consulted in this project, but not really given much of a role in terms of the sculpting of it. I'm being a little pessimistic here, but if he's reduced to just a consultant role or some kind of secondary role in this, the film may suffer from... what's the word I'm looking for... well, the same thing most here today, forgotten tomorrow films suffer from.

I hope, in whatever role Mr. Lisberger can play in this, that he is able to properly convey the essence of TRON and how it should be handled to the people who will be playing the lead role (if it not be him) in what direction it's heading. I can see this film being a great adventure... and I can see it being a heap of eye-candy full of supposed to be cool "witty" one-liners with nothing much else to offer.

It's too early to tell.

This will be very difficult for me though.

I HATE spoilers of any kind, period.

I want to know that this new film will be headed in a direction worthy of the name TRON.

BUT I also want to know... well, NOTHING else about it until I have the opportunity to experience it, UNSPOILED.

I guess the good thing is that we have a little insight to some of what may be going on through DaveTRON. And while I'm sure he'll keep his lips tightly sealed about any classified information he may find out (which I think is best), I'm sure he'll also be able to let us know what kind of vibes the whole project is setting off - be they good, bad, or just really different.

But I see the current news of this being NOT a remake, at least promising.

Traahn
User

on Friday, February, 18, 2005 9:53 PM
This new news is an absolute outrage.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 What's your take on the Film News?