TRON: LEGACY 
 What's your take on the Film News?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
DaveTRON
User

Re: What's your take on the Film News?

on Friday, February, 18, 2005 10:01 PM
The all seeing eye of TRON will reveal all as I am able to.

Seriously though. Steven asked me to impart this information because it's good for the film, should it happen. I believe the negativity of the anti-remake buzz was making some people jittery. Now maybe some positivity will go towards the film again and we can finally get a second TRON movie.

Whatever we do end up getting from Disney, I think we should try to stay supportive and let them know what we'd like to see. Hopefully they read this site and have some idea.

Who knows, maybe some of the letters I know some of you sent got through?

DaveTRON

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, February, 18, 2005 10:01 PM
Traahn Wrote:This new news is an absolute outrage.

Why?order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

Traahn
User

on Friday, February, 18, 2005 10:17 PM
Hehe, I was just kidding You wouldn't think I'd be ALL FOR a complete remake of Tron, yet not for a Tron spin-off would you??? I was just getting you all back for not wanting a remake and now you'll all probably be okay with this news Was doing a reversal of roles of sorts.

Bottom Line: I like virtually anything that has to do with Tron.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

harpo989
User

on Friday, February, 18, 2005 10:20 PM
Hmm... This new news is interesting to dsay the least.
I would probably say It's good news...

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, February, 18, 2005 10:24 PM
Traahn Wrote:Hehe, I was just kidding You wouldn't think I'd be ALL FOR a complete remake of Tron, yet not for a Tron spin-off would you??? I was just getting you all back for not wanting a remake and now you'll all probably be okay with this news Was doing a reversal of roles of sorts.

I was ready to beat you with my new Post-O-Matic.

DaveTRON

Traahn
User

on Saturday, February, 19, 2005 2:08 PM
ROFL! I forgot about that!! I should definitely be more careful.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Saturday, February, 19, 2005 2:19 PM
Traahn Wrote:Hehe, I was just kidding You wouldn't think I'd be ALL FOR a complete remake of Tron, yet not for a Tron spin-off would you??? I was just getting you all back for not wanting a remake and now you'll all probably be okay with this news Was doing a reversal of roles of sorts.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!

That was great, Traahn!

I read your "outrage" post and first thought "huh? - we have flip-flopped opposite opinions on this one..."

Then I was wondering if you were just playing around to get back at those of us who were unhappy with the remake premise. Turn to page 7 in this thread and you were indeed poking fun at us! LMAO!

Touché!

KiaPurity
User

on Saturday, February, 19, 2005 9:11 PM
Wait, what. It's a sequel now?

o_o

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Traahn
User

on Saturday, February, 19, 2005 11:51 PM
Excellent TheReelTodd -- you've been PUNK'd! hehehehe

Hey Kia - There was, indeed, a slight change in the story. DaveTRON posted it on the Current News page. I'll quote it here for everyone's reference:
READY TO REMAKE OR NOT?
02/18/2005 1:54 by David "DaveTRON" Arnspiger

I had lunch with Steven Lisberger recently. He passed on some interesting information about the TRON “remake” we’ve all been buzzing about. Seems the Variety article got it slightly wrong.

He’s been in touch with the film division and Disney is not doing a remake of TRON 1.0.

The writers that have been hired to work on a version of TRON for the current generation. Their version would be an updating of the TRON universe, and not a redo of the first film.

I think this is good news for all of us who were hoping for new stories in the TRON world. It looks like if this version goes forward we will see something new and that Steven Lisberger will be involved on some level. More news as we get it.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

KiaPurity
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2005 1:30 AM
Ohh..

I see! That makes sense now. x_x

Now I feel better. ^^;abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

spiritquest
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2005 4:49 AM
I browsed through a copy of "Hotdog" magazine here in the UK yesterday, and we've got a nice little colour clip in the corner of Jeff Bridges 'in the Computer' with an overlay of 'Jay Maynard' in his Tron suit. They talk about:

a) New sequel script
b) Steven Lisbergers involvemnet (talks with Disney over sequel)
c) the relatively new scriptwriters

That made my day, I had been out of the sector for a good few months.

I for one am happy that peoples feelings and emotions over this topic are getting through to the mighty mainframes . .

The fact that the franchise has a chance to live on with todays technology and be given a second run is good. Lets see if they make the right artistic decision. Films are still an artform aren't they ? I know its about the takings and box office records etc etc etc .. but here is a revolutionary franchise that doesn't age, as long as computers exist. They can't go wrong. Go for it Steven !where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Ket

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2005 12:47 PM
spiritquest Wrote:I browsed through a copy of "Hotdog" magazine here in the UK yesterday, and we've got a nice little colour clip in the corner of Jeff Bridges 'in the Computer' with an overlay of 'Jay Maynard' in his Tron suit. They talk about:

a) New sequel script
b) Steven Lisbergers involvemnet (talks with Disney over sequel)
c) the relatively new scriptwriters

That made my day, I had been out of the sector for a good few months.

I for one am happy that peoples feelings and emotions over this topic are getting through to the mighty mainframes . .

The fact that the franchise has a chance to live on with todays technology and be given a second run is good. Lets see if they make the right artistic decision. Films are still an artform aren't they ? I know its about the takings and box office records etc etc etc .. but here is a revolutionary franchise that doesn't age, as long as computers exist. They can't go wrong. Go for it Steven !

Any chance you can scan that article and the cover for me? I can add them to the shrine.

DaveTRON

spiritquest
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2005 2:01 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:Any chance you can scan that article and the cover for me? I can add them to the shrine.

Sure DaveTRON .. I will sort it out for you this week.

Ket

tronprogram
Sector Admin

on Sunday, February, 20, 2005 2:02 PM
I'm glad it doesn't appear to be a re-make anymore. I'd still prefer a full blown sequel rather than an "updating"., I'm sure I can have more of an open mind now. As long as Steven is involved somewhere in the chain and the character of TRON is in there somewhere is in the story I'll be pleased. And course I'd like to see a couple of the original actors do a couple of scenes as well

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, February, 20, 2005 2:14 PM

The latest news is a bit of a relief. At least they want to do something new now, and not a re-hash of the first film.

But reading between the lines, I'm still not entirely happy with the situation. It really sounds like Mr. Lisberger was intentionally kept in the dark about this, and he had to approach Disney in order to confirm the rumors.

I also echo the sentiments of TheReelTodd, earlier in this thread: I don't want Mr. Lisberger to only work on the film in an advisory or "consultant" capacity. It's his creation, and he should be in control of it.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

jmaynard
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2005 2:34 PM
spiritquest Wrote:I browsed through a copy of "Hotdog" magazine here in the UK yesterday, and we've got a nice little colour clip in the corner of Jeff Bridges 'in the Computer' with an overlay of 'Jay Maynard' in his Tron suit.
Ooo. Can you get me a copy for my files? I'll reimburse you for the expense.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Jay Maynard, the Tron Guy

spiritquest
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2005 3:12 PM
jmaynard Wrote:
Ooo. Can you get me a copy for my files? I'll reimburse you for the expense.

OK Jim, are you wanting me to send you the whole magazine in the Post ?

PM me if thats what you want me to do.

Ket

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Sunday, February, 20, 2005 4:46 PM
Wait a minute...

I just re-read the news post READY TO REMAKE OR NOT?

Um...

I was thinking this would be kind of a sequel, or at least something built upon what took place in 1982's TRON.

... version of TRON for the current generation. Their version would be an updating of the TRON universe...

Ok - that's sounding more like a remake than I was thinking when I first read that news post. Perhaps not a remake with the characters of Alan, Flynn, Laura, etc., but a remake in the sense that they will do it all over again - the whole wonderful adventure inside the computer thing from scratch.

I want to know if they're building it off of what was already established in the original film (as in it's now 20+ years later, etc.), or if this will be a completely self-contained, "new" telling and new birth of "TRON". Note the quotes.

I'm kind of unexcited about this all over again.

Oh well. I guess for now, we'll just have to wait until more information rolls in.

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2005 5:42 PM
It will be a new story, not a remake of the first story. My guess is that updating probably means more about the look and feel of the film than updating the original story.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Sunday, February, 20, 2005 6:16 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:It will be a new story, not a remake of the first story. My guess is that updating probably means more about the look and feel of the film than updating the original story.

But it will not be based on the continuation of what took place in the original TRON timeline, right? There will be no story built upon what started in 1982, only a new story that takes place in today's time, and that is called "TRON", right?

It really seems to be like what they did with the "new BSG". The new is not build upon the original, but an updating or re-inventing of it with some of the original premise and character names, but mostly new made up stuff. I'm guessing that is what the new "TRON" will be, only a completely different set of events that leads to the trip inside the digital world, along with completely new and different characters.

Unless I'm wrong about this, I'm quite uninterested again.

That's cool though.

For those who dig the idea of a new "TRON", updated for today's generation, I'll pretty much keep my mouth shut. The idea is not interesting to me. I don't want to see a new "TRON". I'd much rather see something built on the foundation of 1982's events, even if the original is only loosely tied in (so long as the sequel was a worthy production). A true sequel seems to be a dead concept. But an all new "TRON" is not something I find interesting. I don't care to see "TRON" re-invented for today's generation.

Having said that, I'll try real hard not to rain on anyone else's excitement about the project.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 What's your take on the Film News?