Other Games 
 TRON: Recognizer

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
Napseeker
User

Re: TRON: Recognizer

on Monday, May, 30, 2005 11:57 PM
That might be a little too slow (depending on the videocard you have).

On most levels it will probably be bearable but I suspect that it will be quite sluggish on stage 4 when there are tons of tanks and recognizers onscreen.

I don't have an exact idea of what the bare, bare minimum would be (hopefully all you potential beta testers out there will give me some feedback about what system you have and if the framerate is acceptable on it).

Napseeker
User

on Monday, June, 06, 2005 3:23 AM
UPDATE: I'm going to be adding a new TRON RECOGNIZER gallery page to my website sometime tomorrow... it'll have lots of new screenshots from my game. That means I'll be getting a little low on web space. To free up some room, I'll be taking down the screenshots that I posted on this thread very, very soon.

If anyone wants to keep these around for whatever reason, save them to your hard drives asap :-)

TextPad
User

on Monday, June, 06, 2005 4:14 PM
Amazing! I just tried Battle of Endor on my aging PC and.. it works! Now I can join my fellow programs in the waiting line for this mod. Joy! order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Motorhead619
User

on Tuesday, June, 07, 2005 4:44 AM
hey Napseeker, I went to your site and the link to TFN to download the mod doesn't work and I already have BOYabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Napseeker
User

on Tuesday, June, 07, 2005 5:35 AM
Sigh... someone did not read the message on my home page... Ahem, here's what I said:

Now I will warn you right now that the link to download the Tron mod is not active yet so don't start clicking away and wondering why you can't download the game. It's not released yet, that's why! The link will be working hopefully at the end of the month when I have passed all the files over to TFN and they set up the Tron page for me.

EDIT: Don't worry though... I just finished typing up the HTML game guide for the mod. There's still some more documentation to do, but this is enough for me to zip up and release as a beta to all the good folks here at Tron-Sector. The beta should be in the member upload area sometime tomorrow. First I gotta get some sleep :-)
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Napseeker
User

on Tuesday, June, 07, 2005 10:52 PM
The Beta has been uploaded. With any luck, the admins will have it available for everyone to try out soon.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

TextPad
User

on Wednesday, June, 08, 2005 5:03 AM
Great! Can't wait! Let's just hope Auric doesn't start playing it before putting it online, or we'll have to wait for God knows how long :P

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, June, 08, 2005 7:25 PM
Napseeker Wrote:The Beta has been uploaded. With any luck, the admins will have it available for everyone to try out soon.

I just moved the game to the File Archives here:

http://www.tron-sector.com/archives/default.aspx?do=gallery§ion=1&category=8&group=Windows
I haven't had time to try it out yet, but I'm looking forward to rezzing in to my own Reco soon!

Thanks for the upload, Napseeker where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Conduit
User

on Wednesday, June, 08, 2005 10:26 PM
Napseeker, the game is great, the graphics, etc. are spectacular, but there's one problem. It's way too hard. The first level was almost impossible to beat, and when I finally get to the second level, I discover I'm supposed to go through the entire game with just 2 lives! And this is supposed to be the easy version?!!? It would be a lot better if you increased the health of the player, make it set the number of lives you have back to 2 whenever you complete a level, and add a few continues that restart you from the beginning of the current level. As it stands, I can't possibly hope to complete it.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, June, 08, 2005 11:02 PM
So long as it can be played on a PIII 500 and a geoforce 5200FX. 128meg video card I'll be happy. Well let us know. I'll take a look. You had mentioned that there is a beta link already somewhre here. I'll tak a look into it.

Napseeker Wrote:That might be a little too slow (depending on the videocard you have).

On most levels it will probably be bearable but I suspect that it will be quite sluggish on stage 4 when there are tons of tanks and recognizers onscreen.

I don't have an exact idea of what the bare, bare minimum would be (hopefully all you potential beta testers out there will give me some feedback about what system you have and if the framerate is acceptable on it).
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Thursday, June, 09, 2005 6:49 PM
Grrrrrrr!

I installed the game, choosing the "easy" mode during installation.

But when I try to run the game, I get an ActiveX error and it won't play. I'm pretty sure I've got the latest version of ActiveX - not sure what the deal is.

I understand you're still working on the game though. Is this something you can correct? If it's a property of the game engine itself, that's a real bummer.

Napseeker
User

on Thursday, June, 09, 2005 8:24 PM
Conduit Wrote: And this is supposed to be the easy version?!!? It would be a lot better if you increased the health of the player, make it set the number of lives you have back to 2 whenever you complete a level, and add a few continues that restart you from the beginning of the current level.

I know it seems tough now, but it'll get easier. The first time I played the underlying Battle of Yavin game, I was stunned to see myself get killed after only 3 stages. Now I can play the Hard level of Tron to the end with 2 lives to spare. Trust me, it's just because the game is new and fresh. You'll beat it eventually. BoY itself is a very hard game and many fans who played it complain about how hard it is - so Tron inherits this "problem" in many ways.

It's important for me to point out that the only thing that I can mod are the models, the graphics, and the sound. There is no way to mod properties like lives, ship health, weapon damage, etc. These are compiled into the program and not open for editing. That said, I did try to make the "Easy" level easier than the actual BoY game (and don't forget, I was originally going to release the "Hard" version as the regular "Normal" difficulty level people could play, so this technically, is easy---- well, "easier" :-)

If it really bothers you after a week of playing, there is a cheat that BoY players use.... they load a freeware tool called GameWizard which lets them "freeze" the number of lives in the game. I used this myself when I was first creating the Tron mod and it does work.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Napseeker
User

on Thursday, June, 09, 2005 8:32 PM
TheReelTodd Wrote:Grrrrrrr!
But when I try to run the game, I get an ActiveX error and it won't play. I'm pretty sure I've got the latest version of ActiveX - not sure what the deal is.

I understand you're still working on the game though. Is this something you can correct? If it's a property of the game engine itself, that's a real bummer.

Yes, I remember that there were some people who reported this problem when Battle of Yavin first came out. If you can play BoY, then you should be able to play Tron. Now, I believe there was a workaround for this problem. Let me see if I can dig up what the solution was again and I'll post it (and add it to my FAQ).

EDIT: found my notes - make sure that you have DirectX 9.0c installed. Apparently this was the fix to some of those who had troubles with the "ActiveX" error message. Let me know if that fixes things.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Friday, June, 10, 2005 6:01 PM
Napseeker Wrote:found my notes - make sure that you have DirectX 9.0c installed. Apparently this was the fix to some of those who had troubles with the "ActiveX" error message. Let me know if that fixes things.

I checked my DirectX version:

DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Oh well. I'll figure something out I'm sure.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Napseeker
User

on Friday, June, 10, 2005 6:49 PM
TheReelTodd Wrote:

I checked my DirectX version:

DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Oh well. I'll figure something out I'm sure.

Are you able to play the Battle of Yavin game itself?

EDIT: Found this in the BoY readme file:
"Battle of Endor and Battle of Yavin share the TrueVision3D Dlls so if you have installed both, and uninstall one of them,
you could experiece some problems executing the installed one (maybe an activeX error). you will have to reinstall it. Be sure to uninstall previous versions before installing the game."

Don't know if this applies to you at all, but let me know if you find a solution.
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Napseeker
User

on Friday, June, 17, 2005 9:35 AM
Just a note: the beta testing period will end in a few days.

I want to finish the FAQ, package it all up and ship TR out to the masses by month's end. If you are facing any unresolved issues or have any points of confusion that you think should be cleared up in the documentation, now is the time to bring them up.

I'm going to assume that so far everything with the mod is fine and good to go i.e. no news = good news :-)where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

eaviii
User

on Monday, June, 20, 2005 12:39 PM
Just a Kudos on job well done- A little time with it this weekend and it looks great- Out of curiosity, can the grid bugs be killed?

Outstanding work!!!

Doc

Napseeker
User

on Tuesday, June, 21, 2005 1:46 AM
Thanks eaviii! No, the grid bugs are just for show. I wanted to put them into the game somehow but I was pretty limited to what I could do for the mod so they were dropped into the cityscape just for fun.

foilism
User

on Tuesday, June, 21, 2005 5:10 AM
hey whenever i load it i get an 'ActiveX component' error, is there something i can download to sort it??abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Napseeker
User

on Tuesday, June, 21, 2005 9:41 AM
Well, as I've mentioned above, there are two possible reasons that I know of:

From the BoY readme file:
"Battle of Endor and Battle of Yavin share the TrueVision3D Dlls so if you have installed both, and uninstall one of them,
you could experiece some problems executing the installed one (maybe an activeX error). you will have to reinstall it. Be sure to uninstall previous versions before installing the game."

And also make sure that you have DirectX 9.0c installed.

Again everyone, let me know if either of these fixes the problem with the ActiveX bug so I can update my documentation. If you are still experiencing problems after trying these two steps, let me know that too so I can hunt down another possible approach to fix it. Time is short before i release this...
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games 
 TRON: Recognizer