Other Games 
 TRON: Recognizer

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
Napseeker
User

Re: TRON: Recognizer

on Friday, June, 24, 2005 1:14 PM
I talked with Bruno (the guy who wrote the engine). He mentioned that there should be a file called "tv3d_debug.txt" that is created by the game and located on your C:\ drive. For anyone who is having problems (either with ActiveX loading or anything else), if you can locate this file and post it, that will definitely help figure out the cause. Otherwise, you can also e-mail it to me if you prefer: napseeker@hotmail.com

- Napseeker

Hikaru.EXE
User

on Monday, June, 27, 2005 7:41 PM
(Glitching in awe)

Ow Ow Ow...

SWEET!

Ow Ow...

itom
User

on Tuesday, June, 28, 2005 12:19 AM
Wow - Kudos to Bruno for the original game (never would have discovered it if it weren't for the TRON mod!)

Fun mod too! Nice models (I haven't made it past level 1 yet so I'm excited to see what you did with the other levels!)

Man, if they had this game when I was 12...

Nice work!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Napseeker
User

on Tuesday, June, 28, 2005 8:56 AM
Thanks guys, if the response to this mod is strong when it is officially released, I may do a sequel standalone game someday. In the meantime, the beta period will end tomorrow night and I'm going to package it all up with the final documentation. Since there haven't been any major problems reported, the only real change will be the updated FAQ so don't re-download it unless you really are a completist.

Appreciate the support, everyone!

CalvinSpiff II
User

on Thursday, June, 30, 2005 11:57 AM
First for the good news: I've heard of the Star Wars: Battle of Yavin game! Made by Bruno R. Marcos, that game rocks!! Now for the bad news - Star Wars triumphs over Tron! I'll give it a try anyways.

Go here:

www.bruneras.com

And tell them on the forums!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm coming for you, people! You thought you'd defeated me, but I'm still here! I will kill you all! MWAHAHAH *cough wheeze* HAHAHA *hack cough* argh.

Napseeker
User

on Thursday, June, 30, 2005 8:10 PM
I've uploaded the official release of TR to Tron-Sector. If the admin could please delete the beta zipfile when they have the time, I'd appreciate it.

Just a reminder that the main difference is just the addition of the FAQ, so beta testers don't need to download and re-install it again.

Oh, and if anyone has actually finished the entire game from beginning to the last level, let me know - I'm interested in getting an idea of how much playing time it took to beat.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

CalvinSpiff II
User

on Friday, July, 01, 2005 3:19 PM
Are you the guy who created the Star Trek mod for the BoE?

I'm coming for you, people! You thought you'd defeated me, but I'm still here! I will kill you all! MWAHAHAH *cough wheeze* HAHAHA *hack cough* argh.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Friday, July, 01, 2005 3:21 PM
TRON Recognizer has been uploaded to TRON-Sector and is available in the file archives under Games, Windows

I also took the liberty of snatching up some of the screen captures from your website, Napseeker and archiving them here under Screenshots, TRON Recognizer 1.0 PC Game:

http://www.tron-sector.com/gallery/default.aspx?do=gallery§ion=1&category=1&group=TRON%20Recognizer%201.0%20PC%20Game
I hope you don't mind

EDIT: BTW - it looks like you've made TRON-Sector's front page news.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Compucore
User

on Friday, July, 01, 2005 4:28 PM
Whats the bare minimmal here. I'm reconsructing my gameing machine and and another machine my server broke down this afternoon.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Hikaru.EXE
User

on Friday, July, 01, 2005 8:43 PM
I downloaded Battle of Yavin, played it, then downloaded tron recognizers, installed it, and played it only to find that it didn't work...

All it displays is the copyright material in the top left corner...

freeze for a minute...

give me an error report windows...

start playing I/O tower music...

and shut down...

What is wrong? I have DirectX 10abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Saturday, July, 02, 2005 3:06 AM

Napseeker,

I downloaded it tonight and installed it and played it.

It played perfectly. No errors, and smooth as silk. It's pretty friggin hard, even at the easy level but.. hey.. gives me something to work towards!

I had to invert the mouse, but after that controls seemed to be good. Easy to install and play right out of the chute.

Here is specs on my system to give you an idea of what I was playing on:

Pentium 4, 3GHZ 2MB Cache
512MB DDR2 SDRAM @ 400MGHZ
128 MB ATI Radeon X300 SE video Card
Windows XP professional edition SR2
"integrated audio"

Anyway. Bravo! It's a blast and I look forward to playing it more. A++++! It's apparent you worked really hard on this and it shows.

CalvinSpiff II
User

on Saturday, July, 02, 2005 7:40 AM
Hikaru.EXE Wrote:

freeze for a minute...

and shut down...

Dramatic. Of course, Napseeker happens to be a Star Trek fan too!
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Hikaru.EXE
User

on Saturday, July, 02, 2005 2:25 PM
CalvinSpiff II Wrote:
Hikaru.EXE Wrote:

freeze for a minute...

and shut down...

Dramatic. Of course, Napseeker happens to be a Star Trek fan too!

Star Trek????? What does that have to do with anything???

kmon
User

on Saturday, July, 02, 2005 2:36 PM
I'm getting a runtime error 429 cant create active x object. I do have dx 9.0c I cant find the debug file or I'd post it. I'm not sure its been created yet. The screens look awsome, cant wait to be able to play it.

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

Napseeker
User

on Saturday, July, 02, 2005 3:48 PM
Hikaru.EXE Wrote:

freeze for a minute...

and shut down...

What is wrong? I have DirectX 10

Try and find the debug text file called "tv3d_debug.txt" on your C: drive. It should be in the root folder. If you post the contents (or e-mail it to me) it will give me a good idea of the cause and maybe a workaround.

Do you have any other installs of Battle of Endor or Battle of Yavin on your machine?order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Napseeker
User

on Saturday, July, 02, 2005 3:53 PM
kmon Wrote:I'm getting a runtime error 429 cant create active x object. I do have dx 9.0c I cant find the debug file or I'd post it. I'm not sure its been created yet. The screens look awsome, cant wait to be able to play it.

kmon, can you check to see if you have the truevision DLLs anywhere on your hard drive? Do a search and let me know what folders they are located in. An activeX object error is usually related to the presence of the wrong truevision dll or the absence of it (for whatever reason).

AFAIK, the debug text file should be made right after you reach the title screen. It's not in the root C:\ folder?

Napseeker
User

on Saturday, July, 02, 2005 3:58 PM
Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:
Here is specs on my system to give you an idea of what I was playing on:

Pentium 4, 3GHZ 2MB Cache
512MB DDR2 SDRAM @ 400MGHZ
128 MB ATI Radeon X300 SE video Card
Windows XP professional edition SR2
"integrated audio"

Anyway. Bravo! It's a blast and I look forward to playing it more. A++++! It's apparent you worked really hard on this and it shows.

Thanks man! And folks, if you can get the game working and it plays at a decent framerate on your machine, post your specs like Boingo_Buzzard just did. I don't have any idea what the minimum specs are either and my setup is very close to Boingo_Buzzard's. The readme for Battle of Yavin says:

"The game will play about 60 FPS on 1.5 Ghz and higher processors, you can experience lower rates on slower processors."

Since the polys in Tron are about 3x that of BoY, a somewhat more powerful machine will be required. Hope that helps a little.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Napseeker
User

on Saturday, July, 02, 2005 4:04 PM
CalvinSpiff II Wrote:[
Of course, Napseeker happens to be a Star Trek fan too!

Hi CalvinSpiff II,

Yes, I am also the one who made the Trek mod for Battle of Endor. That was my first mod ever and looking back I made some mistakes with version 1.0 by releasing it too early before figuring out how to fix some of the problems. I hope you got a chance to play ver 2.0.

There'll be a ver3 in 2006 and hopefully a Borg game also... and a BSG game.... and maybe a Star Wars RotS or Doctor Who game after that. Plenty to keep me busy for a few years!

Napseeker
User

on Saturday, July, 02, 2005 4:17 PM
TheReelTodd Wrote:Napseeker and archiving them here under Screenshots, TRON Recognizer 1.0 PC Game.

I hope you don't mind

EDIT: BTW - it looks like you've made TRON-Sector's front page news.

Yay! Always wanted my name in the headlines :-) I don't mind at all... in fact, I will upload the package of hi-res screenshots I sent to TFN.net for their webpage. I wasn't sure if Tron-Sector would want to host these (due to bandwidth) but feel free to resize these or recompress them again if you need to to shrink the size.

They should be uploaded within the hour.

EDIT: ok, the zipfile should be uploaded. And I forgot, there's a higher res version of the banner (the one that says "Napseeker Productions presents TR") in the Game Guide html that comes with the game.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Saturday, July, 02, 2005 6:52 PM
Napseeker Wrote:Yay! Always wanted my name in the headlines :-)

It was well deserved. TRON Recognizer is a cool addition to the TRON fan universe and people should know about it. Thanks for contributing.

Napseeker Wrote:I will upload the package of hi-res screenshots I sent to TFN.net for their webpage. I wasn't sure if Tron-Sector would want to host these (due to bandwidth) but feel free to resize these or recompress them again if you need to to shrink the size.

There's plenty of bandwidth here at The Sector. I uploaded the images and added them to the Image Gallery under Screenshots, TRON Recognizer 1.0 PC Game. There are a few duplicate images there because of the lower res images I uploaded the other day - I figured why not give people a choice of low res or high res for a few.

Thanks again for your contribution to TRON and TRON-Sector. Don't hold back should you work on any other TRON related projects in the future. We'd love to have them archived here for TRON fans to enjoy.
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games 
 TRON: Recognizer