TRON: LEGACY 
 Fan Remake?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
gRiD_89a
User

Fan Remake?

on Sunday, December, 18, 2005 7:08 PM
You know, I have seen full fan movie based on start trek and star wars....since all us peeps want a sequal so bad, why dont we make our own??? And media/movie students here People with the right access to equipment, go knows we all have computers ... just a thought, so think about it

Compucore
User

Re: Fan Remake?

on Sunday, December, 18, 2005 7:23 PM
True we all do have computers. But some of us are still a tad out of dte here in the computer department. And myself inparticular I'm running like two different machines that are not standard machines by any length of the imagination here. Like Sparcstation 1+ and Nexstations which is own by Apple. So software for those two alone are not easy to come byt.

gRiD_89a Wrote:You know, I have seen full fan movie based on start trek and star wars....since all us peeps want a sequal so bad, why dont we make our own??? And media/movie students here People with the right access to equipment, go knows we all have computers ... just a thought, so think about it
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

gRiD_89a
User

on Sunday, December, 18, 2005 7:55 PM
Agreed! So lets create some solutions! I personally dont look for reasons not to do something but reasons to do it

Sooo what can we do then
Ideas people! I know you are full of them I've seen your post!

Pool those resources!
We should make a fan made film!
I think we have enough users here at tron-sector that it culd be possible....order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Sunday, December, 18, 2005 8:10 PM
What's this?

Ahh - a new program at The Sector!

Greetings, gRiD_89a and welcome to TRON-Sector!

I've long wanted to produce a TRON fan film, but it is quite a big undertaking. I haven't been able to get anything off the ground as of yet, but perhaps in the future. I'm sure many TRON fans would just LOVE to see a TRON fan film!

A couple of threads you may want to hit are:

What's with your name?

And...

Don't forget to PING in every time you have yourself Another dose of TRON

I think you'll enjoy your time here at The Sector

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Sunday, December, 18, 2005 8:58 PM

The thing about "fan based" usually means no one gets paid for anything. Meaning that this comes second to our days jobs... which means no one has time for it.

That's just usually the reality of things.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

gRiD_89a
User

on Sunday, December, 18, 2005 10:23 PM
I agree So its a matter of commitment and passion for this kinda thing, this project would ideally be suited for someone learning in the movie production industry or already in it in some kinda hobbyist... these fan made films were created by these kinds of people!

I may take long but hey... just imagine!!!!

baby steps!where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

gRiD_89a
User

on Monday, December, 19, 2005 6:13 AM
heya todd thanks for the welcome
glad to be a more functioning part of the group

CyberBlade
User

on Monday, December, 19, 2005 6:45 AM
hehe, that would be cool.

im learning alot of things about the tron game (map making) and trying to do some 'movie' scenes.

well, so far so good, after about 1 month, i can do people movements and facial movements. (hooray for me)

as for a full 3d movie, im not sure. ive played around with MAYA 7, but thats all. i have no idea on 3dmax and such.

but hell, i would love to see a movie and if you are able to do it in the game as a movie, im all for it.
(much like a machinima kinda thing)

Im very involved with Map making for tron as im trying to do a co-op mod for the game.. very tricky but the good news. IT CAN BE DONE!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Signiture
"So, You are a user, Facinating." "Yes" "No"
"Hah, ICP should stand for Incompetant Confused Programs."

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Monday, December, 19, 2005 7:47 PM
Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:

The thing about "fan based" usually means no one gets paid for anything. Meaning that this comes second to our days jobs... which means no one has time for it.

That's just usually the reality of things.

Bingo, Boingo.

Seriously, sadly you're right, Boingo_Buzzard.

Time (or lack there of) is the biggest hurdle in my way of creative productions. And a TRON fan film - that is actually the original reason I first became a member of TRON-Sector. I even set out to make a circuitry suit at one point (shortly after joining here), but that project didn't get very far. Partly because I'm not handy with building things like that and partly because I didn't have sufficient time to devote to it.

Lack of time on most people's part means the chances of a TRON fan film is slim. Any production takes much time and effort to put together. But a TRON project - that's going to require all the production work, PLUS a lot more planning and postproduction work for the visual FX.

But ya never know. I still have a TRON fan production of some sorts in my mind, and there's only one way to put it to rest. One day... some day, I'll have to do something TRON based. I just hope I can find the time before too many more years pass by!

gRiD_89a
User

on Monday, December, 19, 2005 11:22 PM
I noticed the views on this thread are shooting up fast
No doubt interest is there hehehe

Myabe going the router of using the actual Tron 2.0 engine is the way to go? like you look at the ingame cut scenes... I wonder if that would be doable?

Hey cyberblade you seem to be actively trying to make this happen, got a website? Are you actually trying to make cut scenes using the Tron 2.0 game engine, or editor!

This seems to be a good route to go in as apposed to live action, more collaboration would be possible!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Meatsack
User

on Tuesday, December, 20, 2005 8:58 AM
It is encouraging to see fresh enthusiasm in the community. I, myself, have also been trying to rally soem forces to make something... ANYTHING... new for the TRON universe. So far I've completed 1/3 of a SP Expansion for the TRON 2.0 game... mostly by myself. (Props to Redrain for gettting it compatible with non-XP OS'es.)

Lack of substantial assistance and enthusiasm has slowed me down considerably on furthering that Expansion, although progress DOES happen on it about 10 hours a month right now. Some people are helping, but progress is slow for them... and I understand that they have lives, too!

As for a movie, another fan who goes by Falty and I started pre-production planning on a complete CGI fanfilm of the UserError Expansion I had released. I have the script written out completely and is being reviewed (again... slowly) by yet another community member for spelling, plot, continuity, etc... Falty's fallen on hard times recently and has had to postpone all projects to focus on the real world, so the film's on hold for now unless I can find some substantial help in getting it going again.

Anyhoo... I still plug away at the User Error Project as a whole (Game Expansion, Movie, and E-Novel) and hope to someday have it all available to the community. If Disney wants to buy the story out from me and make it themselves... I'm ok with that too!

So User Error is my pet project. I'll help anyone with anything else if I am able. I'll take help from anyone else if they are able. Just keep TRON alive!

Don't just sit there! Do something! I'm with you!

I am the TRON-Badger!

gRiD_89a
User

on Wednesday, December, 21, 2005 12:02 AM
Hey there, I would be interested in getting involved for sure... in any capacity!

Who would you like to go about collaborating?
I work fulltime but I could dedicate som etime to this..and this goes for anyone else out there. We have somone that is active already and has a launching point for a few possibilities!

This has me very excited.

So I put it out to people....

Who would "seriosly" like to get involved in some capacity to making this happen. If you are interested and have skills that could lend to game expansion, CG movie making, 3d meshes programming, website design I would like to contribute to making meatsacks project a reality!

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

tron_fanfare
User

on Wednesday, December, 21, 2005 3:15 AM
gRiD_89a Wrote:Hey there, I would be interested in getting involved for sure... in any capacity!

Who would you like to go about collaborating?
I work fulltime but I could dedicate som etime to this..and this goes for anyone else out there. We have somone that is active already and has a launching point for a few possibilities!

This has me very excited.

So I put it out to people....

Who would "seriosly" like to get involved in some capacity to making this happen. If you are interested and have skills that could lend to game expansion, CG movie making, 3d meshes programming, website design I would like to contribute to making meatsacks project a reality!

Im game. I posted in the fan film forum. Im a deciend 3d modeler but not great at animation. I could put together objects and scenes for others to animate. Just let me know what I can do.

"How are ya gonna run the universe if you can't even answer a few unsolvable problems?" - Flynn in the real world

CyberBlade
User

on Wednesday, December, 21, 2005 8:25 AM
gRiD_89a Wrote:I noticed the views on this thread are shooting up fast
No doubt interest is there hehehe

Myabe going the router of using the actual Tron 2.0 engine is the way to go? like you look at the ingame cut scenes... I wonder if that would be doable?

Hey cyberblade you seem to be actively trying to make this happen, got a website? Are you actually trying to make cut scenes using the Tron 2.0 game engine, or editor!

This seems to be a good route to go in as apposed to live action, more collaboration would be possible!

Yes, i have been for some time, im just saddened that i got to the tron community so late.. it wasnt until the "update" 1042 that i needed to look for mods and extra content, and i found you guys.. following the news and such of a new tron flick to see *EYES GLUE TO SCREEN*
but disney just stood in, and you know the rest..

anyways, i have been working on creating "in game cinematics" with the level editor.. kinda getting there.. its all a learning curve.

im trying to narrow down camera movement, model movement, and a few other bits and bobs..

(on the side, im a full time student.. with bugger all todo after class because i excell at it) so i have alot of time to kill.

And a side note, i quite like the User Error mod, i had a great experience playing that, although in my own opinion, i find it better to start with a fresh idea, and not "copy" some one elses..

(and for thoes "computer speak" voices you were after MeatSack.. http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=top&id=323343
had alot of time to stuff around with this app, getting to know it, and i can say it is most impressive to get a damn near Tron voice duplicate.. this would work fine with the FanMovie too!)

Signiture

Meatsack
User

on Wednesday, December, 21, 2005 9:40 AM
CyberBlade Wrote:
(and for thoes "computer speak" voices you were after MeatSack... had alot of time to stuff around with this app, getting to know it, and i can say it is most impressive to get a damn near Tron voice duplicate.. this would work fine with the FanMovie too!)

I can't take credit for that. The digital voices are Redrain's work. I just can't compliment him enough for his contributions.

As for the movie idea... I'll always want User Error to get made, but if everyone would rather start with a smaller project first, I understand. Maybe make a 5 minute episode a-la "Clone Wars" that could become a series? Or we could get a bunch of stories and make a "Enter the Matrix" style compilation of TRON fan fics.

I'll write a script for it and post it in the Fan Fiction section when I'm done. If anyone else has an itch to make a 5-minute script, please post it too. It looks like we might actually get something done here!

I am the TRON-Badger!

gRiD_89a
User

on Thursday, December, 22, 2005 8:18 AM
Ok people we all seem to have the ball rolling; heheh too bad someone cannot grab that domain tron2movie.com

Going forward I think a 5 minute script would be awsome.

Ok people here are the requirements:

1.) Notepad
2.) 5 minute script (think trailer for a movie)

And for fairness sake, everyone will need to post the script will be posted here (link, attachment) for eveyones benefit.

When writing the script keep in mind that the trailer could developed in either the game engine etc to try to keep things within the realm of possible.... baby steps

[General Ideas]
-Sequel - After Tron 2.0 game
-Sequel - After Tron 1.0/ before Tron 2.0

Prequel - Tron 1.0 (Is this possible??)

-Side Story - Sark/MCP resurection (not really dead?)
-Side Story - Rebuilding digital world (Post Tron 1.0; after defeating Sark)
-Side Story - Bit / Byte tie in

Just off the top of my head once we have a base trailer script we can integrate ideas from others submitted if possible and finalise it.

Then the next step will be to storyboard!!!!! Anyone out there talented at comic storyboarding

CyberBlade
User

on Thursday, December, 22, 2005 1:53 PM
gRiD_89a Wrote:
-Side Story - Bit / Byte tie in

we are sure as hell having byte.. he is always great for comedic relif..

like in the movie:
Flynn - " Are you a bit? "
Bit - "Yes"
Flynn - " Is that all you can say? "
Bit - "No" hehe, maby it just me.

In the game:
Jet - " Are you a bit? "
Byte - " HA, no, You never send a bit to do a bytes job.. "

Jet - " Ma3a, Arn't the ICP's helping? "
Byte - " OH please, ICP should stand for Incompitent Confused Program"

*Going forward I think a 5 minute script would be awsome.*
Yes, im not very creative when it comes to scripts, not that i have tried it, but i'll give it a go and see where i end up.

This is most DEFENETLY GOING TO BE FUN!

how about a doco' about the life of a "Bit" or "bite" you know, like you see on discovery channel?where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Signiture

gRiD_89a
User

on Thursday, December, 22, 2005 6:11 PM
Side Story - How A Bit Became A Byte

Anything is possible, all ideas are good cause even if we dont use the whole thing parts of it can be re-used! Seriosly!

Lets all pitch in ideas! In the form of a 5 minutes script/trailer!

If it doesnt make it to the trailer it could still be used for the movie down the road! Building blocks are the 5 minute scripts where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

tron_fanfare
User

on Friday, December, 23, 2005 2:52 AM
gRiD_89a Wrote:Ok people we all seem to have the ball rolling; heheh too bad someone cannot grab that domain tron2movie.com

What about http://www.tron2fanfilm.com? I could set it up on my go daddy account.

"How are ya gonna run the universe if you can't even answer a few unsolvable problems?" - Flynn in the real world

Meatsack
User

on Friday, December, 23, 2005 8:40 AM
Simplify?

www.tronfanfilms.com should cover it.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

I am the TRON-Badger!

Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Fan Remake?