MHz help

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Tronzilla
User

MHz help

on Thursday, June, 21, 2007 6:18 PM
I finally got Tron 2.0 for mac! YAY
However, there's a problem, the minimum requirments say I need 700MHz and my mac only has 400. How can I up that number a little bit so that my game can work?where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Tron, Back to the Future, Clockstoppers, Bionicle, Wallace and Gromit,
It's All Good
O o
/¯/___________________________
| IM'MA FIRIN' MY PRANKSTAR!!!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

Re: MHz help

on Thursday, June, 21, 2007 6:59 PM
Uh oh!

I'm afraid the only way to up the processing MHz is to:

A) Over clock your processor to about double its current clock speed. Be sure to super cool it with liquid nitrogen while running it so it doesn't overheat and fry the whole system.

B) Buy a faster processor. Perhaps one can be found at a reasonable price on ebay.

C) It's about time you bought a whole new computer. Problem solved.

In all honesty, I'm guessing none of those are real options at the moment or you wouldn't be asking. Sorry.

I hope you find a way to work things out soon though. TRON 2.0 is a great experience!

Tronzilla
User

on Thursday, June, 21, 2007 7:04 PM
How hard is it to install a new processor?

It's All Good
O o

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Thursday, June, 21, 2007 7:16 PM
Tronzilla Wrote:How hard is it to install a new processor?

I've never done it myself, but I've heard people say it is just a matter of carefully removing the old one and popping in the new one. Be sure to check for compatibility issues. Not all processors are compatible with all mother boards. I'm not much of a hardware geek though. I'm sure someone else can offer better guidance here. Hopefully others with more experience in this area will chime in. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, June, 21, 2007 7:31 PM

Older Macs weren't really designed with overclocking and upgrading in mind. If you've got got something like an iMac Tronzilla, it's totally sealed and not meant to be opened by the end-user.

Basically, I think you are stuck with what you've got unless you buy a new computer.

Still, even though the game says you need 700MHz: you can try running it anyway and see what happens. Maybe the game will still be fast enough to be playable, especially if you turn down the graphic settings.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Compucore
User

on Thursday, June, 21, 2007 8:29 PM
It all depends sometimes you can over clock it a lot. But it all depends. I have overclocked a celery 266 to a 400MHZ. On others I could only get a 5% boost on another. Like the true PIII with cache on it. I have never really done it to a mac personally. But on the PC side there was never much of a problem in boasting it with either the multiplier or with the clock speed.

And even then you might be pushing it too some games will detect that your overclocking it as well. I have seen only one that I could not even play when you had over clocked it. I do not remember the game itself off hand.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Qix77
User

on Friday, June, 22, 2007 12:27 AM
Another good bet is to see if you can find a website where someone has taken the same model of Mac you have, and tried to mod it or something and provide a tutioral. There are alot of people out there that specialize in modding older computers and overclocking. I'm not into Macs so I don't know where you would start.

Getting a new computer would be your best bet. It's costly but well worth it. I'm not sure if they make a budget Mac, but they might. I wish you good luck..

Compucore
User

on Friday, June, 22, 2007 9:13 AM
That or if you can update your processor if you and if it is possible. with a faster processor. Which are teh quickest ways ofdoing it. Or overclocking it if your adventurous.

Qix77 Wrote:Another good bet is to see if you can find a website where someone has taken the same model of Mac you have, and tried to mod it or something and provide a tutioral. There are alot of people out there that specialize in modding older computers and overclocking. I'm not into Macs so I don't know where you would start.

Getting a new computer would be your best bet. It's costly but well worth it. I'm not sure if they make a budget Mac, but they might. I wish you good luck..
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Tronzilla
User

on Saturday, January, 05, 2008 4:19 PM
O.K. So I have enough money to buy a new prossesor, but my parents won't let me buy it.

I'm starting to feel a little bit like this
(1:25-1:50)

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

It's All Good
O o

David1
User

on Saturday, January, 05, 2008 8:47 PM
Heh, ROFL... I liked that, but can't watch it all, because I've overused my Internet quota and they've limited me to speeds like a 9600 baud modem...

Hmmm, tough problem.

Best solution?

Talk to them. Really talk to them.

Ask them why you can't update your Mac. Find out the issues they have with you buying it.

A lot of parents interfere with their kids decisions, simply because it's not something they would do themselves... I know that sounds like a stupid reason, but as a parent, I know we all do it...

So find out *why* they say you can't upgrade. Figure out their perspective and why they wouldn't make the same decision.

Then negotiate a compromise.

Most parents will respect that.

David1.

p.s. If you're upgrading an expensive computer just to play a single game that might be part of the issue...

Who hacked my .sig?

Tronzilla
User

on Wednesday, January, 23, 2008 5:57 PM
Well david, I talked it over with ma and pa (mostly ma) and you were right. It is the fact that I mostly want it for the game and they don't want me spending that kind of money on just that.

However, they said if I could find a really, rerally cheap but effective processor, they would let me get it. So if whoever's reading this could help me out here, I need a processor for a G4 PowerMac.

Let me know if you find anything, thanks.

It's All Good
O o

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, January, 23, 2008 11:14 PM
Tronzilla what is the maximum CPU you can put in there for your G4 for Upgrading? Just curious to find out. Since I remember the days for the PCbased ones on the IBM side. Both brand and clones. It will vary from computer to computer and from motherboard to motherboard if it is a clone computer. There are certain limits as to the minimum processor you can use and the maximum you can put in them for that brand or model. An with which socket as well. I've done many an upgrade on the ibm side all too well.

Tronzilla Wrote:Well david, I talked it over with ma and pa (mostly ma) and you were right. It is the fact that I mostly want it for the game and they don't want me spending that kind of money on just that.

However, they said if I could find a really, rerally cheap but effective processor, they would let me get it. So if whoever's reading this could help me out here, I need a processor for a G4 PowerMac.

Let me know if you find anything, thanks.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Tronzilla
User

on Monday, August, 04, 2008 10:23 PM
Well, there has been a unanimous family vote that our computer just sucks out loud in all aspectes, so we finally got a new processor from MacDocs. It should be arriving by the end of this week.
Yay!
ONE whole GHz of raw power!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

It's All Good
O o

Compucore
User

on Monday, August, 04, 2008 10:53 PM
Hey hey hey This thread is still around. Well good for you that your getting a cpu upgrage. It is about time dude. I think you'll like it on your mac over there even at 1 GHZ. Compared to my wimpy 500mhz PIII. Mind you I have been eyeing on a upgrade over here that is nice as well once I get back to Canada over here. A nice revampeAnd this one is going in as a server base for something else completely different where it will still be used. And maybe I'll stick tron back into that with a large enought hard drive and more than enough memory. We'll see when I get back to Montreal.

Tronzilla Wrote:Well, there has been a unanimous family vote that our computer just sucks out loud in all aspectes, so we finally got a new processor from MacDocs. It should be arriving by the end of this week.
Yay!
ONE whole GHz of raw power!
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Tronzilla
User

on Thursday, August, 07, 2008 1:48 PM
Sounds awesome, Compucore.

Well ,now that I can finally play this game, I have a question. Can I play online multiplayer with PC's or does it have to be with other Macs?

It's All Good
O o

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, August, 07, 2008 1:53 PM

Yes, the PC and Mac versions of Tron 2.0 can play together online.

There are even Mac compatible custom map packs, now.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Tronzilla
User

on Thursday, August, 07, 2008 2:11 PM
Sweet! In that case, I'll be seeing you guys on the GameGridabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

It's All Good
O o

Tronzilla
User

on Thursday, August, 07, 2008 9:48 PM
Tronzilla Wrote:Sweet! In that case, I'll be seeing you guys on the GameGrid

Actually, check that. It turns out that the processor wasn't the only problem. The game works now, but the graphics are all messed up. Everything is green, and part of the characters bodies are missing and streeking off at an angle into infinity. This leads me to believe that it's a video card problem. What do you guys think?
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

It's All Good
O o

Compucore
User

on Thursday, August, 07, 2008 9:57 PM
What kind of video cad are you using in you mac there Tronzilla? I know on the PC side we needed a bare minimum ov a Geoforce fx5200 in order to play the game itself. With 128 megs of ram for the video card. There were some special characteristics that it has used in these cards that did some special rendering on the screen.

Tronzilla Wrote:
Tronzilla Wrote:Sweet! In that case, I'll be seeing you guys on the GameGrid

Actually, check that. It turns out that the processor wasn't the only problem. The game works now, but the graphics are all messed up. Everything is green, and part of the characters bodies are missing and streeking off at an angle into infinity. This leads me to believe that it's a video card problem. What do you guys think?

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Tronzilla
User

on Thursday, August, 07, 2008 10:02 PM
I think I'm using a Rage128Pro or something.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

It's All Good
O o

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 MHz help