TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON Sequel gets Kosinski on Board

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
lurkinghorror
User

Re: TRON Sequel gets Kosinski on Board

on Monday, September, 17, 2007 4:55 PM
Even if it was a hint, I would never tell.

Cyberwolven
User

on Tuesday, September, 18, 2007 11:58 PM
Cool, lets just hope it's not just a rumour and if they make the movie it has somewhat updated looks with the same feeling of the universe of computers and programs.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

laphtiya
User

on Wednesday, September, 19, 2007 12:26 PM
Not sure if this adds much more but I found this while looking up some concept stuff for Iron Man.

http://screenrant.com/archives/tron-2-a-tough-road-ahead-996.htmlon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

CyberBlade
User

on Wednesday, September, 19, 2007 12:49 PM
laphtiya Wrote:Not sure if this adds much more but I found this while looking up some concept stuff for Iron Man.

http://screenrant.com/archives/tron-2-a-tough-road-ahead-996.html

That sounded quite good until i read:
"It will be written by a couple of writers from the TV series Lost: Eddie Kitsis and Adam Horowitz"

I feel like kicking disney now.. really i do!

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Signiture
"So, You are a user, Facinating." "Yes" "No"
"Hah, ICP should stand for Incompetant Confused Programs."

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Wednesday, September, 19, 2007 1:23 PM
CyberBlade Wrote:
That sounded quite good until i read:
"It will be written by a couple of writers from the TV series Lost: Eddie Kitsis and Adam Horowitz"

I feel like kicking disney now.. really i do!

It depends. It really does. Lost was actually good for a few episodes. Then it slipped into the routine of a show that finds itself a hit and had no idea where to go. So it starts making up lame story arcs and introducing characters no one cares about and dragging on inconsequential storylines and love interests until it just rots from the inside.

If these writers were from the first few shows of season one, all may be good. If they're from after that, Heaven help us all.

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

CyberBlade
User

on Wednesday, September, 19, 2007 2:17 PM
Boingo_Buzzard
If these writers were from the first few shows of season one, all may be good. If they're from after that, Heaven help us all.
thats my fear!...
oh well might just write an email to disney and ask a few questions...where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Signiture

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, September, 19, 2007 3:06 PM
Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:

I dunno...

Adam Horowitz on Wikipedia
I started watching Lost at season 2 and was really hooked and I enjoyed it very much. But Season 3 sucked so bad...too many questions, so few anwsers...lol.

Man, the more I talk about this sequel, the more concerned I am it and it's results (if any).
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

"what the hell is a limux.."

- Gattorcar (a user on YouTube) April 17, 2007

test

clu_backup
User

on Friday, September, 21, 2007 12:30 AM
I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone starts having delusions of grandeur.

Wow, I feel like I've missed a lot. Hello again everyone! I'm very excited about this news. I understand the "wait and see" attitude, but I don't see anything wrong with spreading the word, getting people excited about this possibility. Keep your chins up!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

laphtiya
User

on Friday, September, 21, 2007 5:54 AM
clu_backup Wrote:I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone starts having delusions of grandeur.

Wow, I feel like I've missed a lot. Hello again everyone! I'm very excited about this news. I understand the "wait and see" attitude, but I don't see anything wrong with spreading the word, getting people excited about this possibility. Keep your chins up!

I agree its good to talk about it and build up a fan base. I mean if it wasnt for the fans of the Transformers they would never have gotten Cullen back to voice Prime. Who knows we could bring Boxleitner back to take up his role as Tron and Alan if there not already going to do it who knows?

All I am saying is, the way movies are being made now (with the exception of Iron Man) directors are making alot of changes when bringing something back from the 80s to modern movies. Take Transformers completely different to what people were expecting. Not all was good but not all was bad. I just think we should all except some big changes but also expect to get a good movie that is true to the Tron universe.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, September, 21, 2007 11:44 AM
Having met Bruce and hearing him discuss the film, I am fairly certain he'd be back in a flash. Cindy and Dan I know would do it, and I have read articles with Jeff Bridges that make it fairly clear he'd consider coming back if the story is good.

I don't think in this case there is a problem with anyone other than David Warner who reportedly hates the film.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, September, 21, 2007 12:10 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:
I don't think in this case there is a problem with anyone other than David Warner who reportedly hates the film.

Kinda like how Alec Guinness hated Star Wars. Maybe it's a British thing.

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, September, 21, 2007 1:41 PM
If there's a dharma station in Tron 2, I'm just going to punch the writers. XP

Man, writers from Lost just gave me slightly less confidence. The show was going in so many directions that I gave up on watching the show.

Although, I'm pretty sure that shouldn't happen to Tron 2... but seriously, as long as they have someone to keep them in line, it should be okay.

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, September, 21, 2007 2:15 PM

DaveTRON Wrote:Having met Bruce and hearing him discuss the film, I am fairly certain he'd be back in a flash.
Good to hear that. Though since he recently lent his voice to the Tron games and appeared on the 20th Anniversary DVD, it's not really a surprise I guess.

But I think that up until Babylon 5, he probably could have been counted among those who "hated" the film, judging from what he had to say on the DVD. Glad he changed his mind.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

CyberBlade
User

on Friday, September, 21, 2007 5:33 PM
Did a little scan over IMDB to see who david warner was (hes Sark.. lol)

and found Tron hit IMDB, Due out 2010.
Now ofcourse im away that any hogswash can hit IMDB, but still.. info is being passed around here and ideas thrown on the table with identity discs.. lol (ok bad joke)

http://imdb.com/title/tt1104001/ where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Signiture

Cyclist
User

on Saturday, September, 22, 2007 1:57 AM
Well, holy shit...color me "Mr. Johnny-come-Lately!" Here's my take:

CG will be updated...it will not look like the original film. Why would it? In 1982, they were using 1982 computers, so why would 200x computer graphics not look like 200x computers? Not only does it make sense, but it will draw people in. Sure, they may preserve elements of the old style, but it won't look like the old movies. There's no reason to believe otherwise.

I certainly hope the story is exciting -- like the original -- and is not just some rehash of the original. How much fun could that possibly be?

Old stars reprising their rolse? That would be great IF everything works, story-wise. If we just have a bunch of appearances just for money, then they will be wasted.

Well, I hope to hear more positive news on the subject soon....!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

lurkinghorror
User

on Saturday, September, 22, 2007 2:33 AM
Cyclist Wrote:Why would it? In 1982, they were using 1982 computers, so why would 200x computer graphics not look like 200x computers?

Because the universe the Tron characters reside in is not literal. If you take the "computers are X better now than they were back then" argument to it's logical conclusion, then the digital world should look more or less like our world does now.

It's important for us all to not confuse digital effects with design. The designs are not outdated in the slightest. The Solar Sailer, the lightcycle, the tanks, the character designs... all of these things still have an incredibly futuristic look that when applied properly, is just as effective today as it was 25 years ago.

Traahn
User

on Saturday, September, 22, 2007 4:47 AM
I'm excited. Last time there was an announcement of a potential Tron film being made, everyone hated the idea (except me and a handful of others that I can count on one hand). Who knows, maybe all that negativity killed that project. I'd rather let this one get a bit farther off the ground before too much negative judgment is passed. I don't want to see another possible Tron movie get killed just because forumgoers and bloggers can't imagine the old Tron universe holding today's A.D.D. audience longer than 5 seconds, or can't imagine certain people writing the film. No one could imagine Tom Hanks in anything other than Bosom Buddies back in the day, I'm sure... now look at him and all he's done. Kill the project if you will by continuing relentless skepticism every time a Tron movie is rumoured, but then don't be surprised if we don't have another Tron film after another 25 years. Just my two cents. And, yes, I know... most here are pleased with the news this time around, which is awesome to see.

Clu_backup has the right attitude... (if you ever want to have another Tron movie in your collection to watch).

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, September, 23, 2007 12:34 AM
I'm not having a negative attitude about the idea of a new film. Far from it, I really want to see one.

However, I don't really want some dipstick who is just going to turn it into a gimmick for fast food franchises to make toys from to make it. I don't know this Kosinski's stuff, but the examples on his site scream commercials, not movie. I don't have faith in him yet. Let's se him do something with Logan's Run first, another fave of mine.

I don't want people who "LOST" me as a fan of their TV show in their crappy second season to write it. I already think they suck because LOST was so damn good and then it just started to SUCK in a big way. Season three is no better, I've seen parts of it and I hated it.

Disney doesn't get TRON anymore, if they ever did. They didn't understand what it said to us in 1982, they don't know why it lives on like it does, and they have no idea how to take it into the future. To be honest, I don't know that anyone, including Steven, really does at this point. What is the thing that we connected to then....today?

There are great ideas on the table, and things that will make some good films on paper, but that amazing, wonderful, better than the first one follow-up is not on paper yet. But boy are there some good scenes written so far. I have one I really want to see on film involving Flynn and a new character that is just badass.

Having been in the places I have been in the past few years, I have learned a lot from Steven and the other folks from TRON. I have come to agree that if a story comes together that makes sense, then it will get made.

I have personally read every treatment since 2000, with the exception of the last two teams Disney hired, and I know that Disney has said no to anything that the fans would like. Plus they've attempted the new story with at least three writing teams since 2000, that we know of. They are struggling with the concept.

I have watched Steven go into meetings with these people completely psyched to possibly get it off the ground again and do something great. Then I watch him come out dejected because they are not listening or want to do something other than his vision. I hate to see that. He deserves better.

I personally would rather spend the rest of my life with the TRON that I have, and never see anything new, than watch it be mangled by one more set of hands that don't get it.

I am more interested in seeing what my friend can do with his Soul Code project because I see the joy on his face every time he talks about it.

Disney can't ruin that one.

I don't have a bad attitude about TRON 2 at all, I just have serious doubts that these people Disney keeps handing it to will F it up big time. If you are going to make the film Disney, start with the art, build on the story and make it the greatest film ever, or don't make it at all.

Off my soapbox now.

DaveTRON

Traahn
User

on Sunday, September, 23, 2007 3:38 AM
After seeing what eventually became of The Neverending Story in Part 2 -- and even moreso in Part 3 -- I can say that I'm concerned that Tron could suffer the same rediculous fate. But I'm not going to worry about it until I need to. If the programs in Tron "2" all the sudden start watching TV on the game grid, or have babies wearing glowing diapers running around, then we would have a problem. Disney would've truly gone off the deep-end.

Insert a crescending power anthem here, to slowly raise the energy of the community...Even if it doesn't work out in the next few years, I have a feeling that some day -- as some of the 12 year olds who watched Tron in 1982 rise to power in Disney -- that a shift will occur where Tron will once again rise. Tron will be understood again (finally), by those newly in power. They will have the same passion for Tron as we do... and will want to satisfy their own hunger for Tron in a way that stays true to Tron. And this will satisfy our hunger. Tron is the future. Tron is forever! Now let's win this one for the home team guys!! Get out there a kick some butt!Stop the music...

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

CyberBlade
User

on Sunday, September, 23, 2007 3:42 AM
DaveTRON Wrote:

I don't have a bad attitude about TRON 2 at all, I just have serious doubts that these people Disney keeps handing it to will F it up big time. If you are going to make the film Disney, start with the art, build on the story and make it the greatest film ever, or don't make it at all.

Off my soapbox now.
Maby send them an annoying little email too?
the best way to get to them is to write in, sure we are somewhat a small community but i must insist that people dont just post their issues on here (sure you can post to share your thoughts) but also take it up with disney.

"give the fans what they want"
which i belive has been a great concensus of the movie industry, and anyone who argues that its wrong can backup their claims first because i would like to know if they have ever just been a complete nerd and written in to a movie studio and well "given them a peice of my mind" so to speak.

as i say, the movie hasnt started yet and although it makes an interesting director hes seems to be an up and comming one.. a chance?
as for the "lost" guys.. well, im not going to comment on that dribble!

it mightent inspire alot in us all to see it off to such a start, but im asking for thoes who object to write in and object to it before they start going into production.. maby disney can share a little of the plot line with us and we can bitch and moan about that if its not good enough?

again, post your opinions, but any "beef" should also be sent to Disney.

Signiture

FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON Sequel gets Kosinski on Board