Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Game Grid 
 you know you've watched too much tron when...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 22 PagesNextLast
Kat
User

RE: you know you've watched too much tron when...

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 9:44 PM
ShadowSpark Wrote:When you name your new pet baby Red-Tail Boa, 'Byte'. Here are some pics of my Byte. Isn't she adorable?

Oh, bitty Byte! How very cute!

When you contemplate the screwy copier at work and decide to write a humorous Tron-style tale about it.

(Not feeling the humor yet though so it's on hold, also might need to get some idea help from y'all. All I have so far is the User Interface Liaison letting everybody know there's a User afoot and that somebody needs to go wake up [whatever I'm naming the fuser module] and then the Paper Output Monitor is complaining to the Error Manager about "that User who's always swearing at us.")

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

typicaltronname
User

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 10:02 PM
Call a person a bit brain, and mean it.

I've done it too.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 1:57 AM
When you wear your costume to ElecTRONica and have a BLAST!!!!

When you look at a city at night and think: that looks like a circuit board!

When you go to all the film locations you can find - the building in Culver City that was Flynn's Arcade, the Laurence-Livermore Labs building(can't get in), and the Transamerica building(can't get in there either).

When you stand at the foot of the Transamerica building staring up, and, when asked what you are doing, reply: "Looking for Sam Flynn." (I got some really strange looks. lol)

I have done all four of these.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

Tron Fanatic
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 7:11 PM
New Years Revelations? Or would it be New Years Resolutions? Or perhaps most accurately, New Years De-resolutions...

1. You bring an identity disc to a light saber fight.

2. You spend a few minutes arguing that an identity disc could deflect a light saber.

3. You discover that identity disc in a light saber fight actually works pretty well, and that's without even throwing it.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

'>

IsoLine
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 7:17 PM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:New Years Revelations? Or would it be New Years Resolutions? Or perhaps most accurately, New Years De-resolutions...

2. You spend a few minutes arguing that an identity disc could deflect a light saber.

3. You discover that identity disc in a light saber fight actually works pretty well, and that's without even throwing it.

Grid warriors are sexxier than Jedi anyday...Who needs that whole "Force" thing when you can have "User Power". I would love to see what the tronesque world of lightsaber circuits looks like.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Tron Fanatic
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 7:50 PM
Grid warriors are sexxier than Jedi anyday...Who needs that whole "Force" thing when you can have "User Power". I would love to see what the tronesque world of lightsaber circuits looks like.

Eh... probably would be even less interesting than the PDA in Tron 2.0. The circuit would have to be hardwired (you don't want to wait for your Saber OS to boot up when something is flying at you), and since it doesn't deal with any I/O or databases, it really doesn't need to think about much.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

'>

IsoLine
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 7:57 PM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:

Eh... probably would be even less interesting than the PDA in Tron 2.0. The circuit would have to be hardwired (you don't want to wait for your Saber OS to boot up when something is flying at you), and since it doesn't deal with any I/O or databases, it really doesn't need to think about much.

Yeah, not to menition interpreting what goes on in a power crystal could be dicey too.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

ShadowSpark
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 8:53 PM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:
New Years Revelations? Or would it be New Years Resolutions? Or perhaps most accurately, New Years De-resolutions...

Maybe....>.>

Tron Fanatic Wrote:

Been there, done those.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

IsoLine
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 9:09 PM
Well, one thing that I keep thinking about is how much I wish driving my car was like driving a lightcycle. There are so many tailgaters and other rude drivers I would love to derezz.

In other news my brother told me he got a new co-worker this week. Apparently the dudes name is David Reznor.....What is the significance you ask?

D. Rez......Nice huh, he said he cracked-wise about that to the David Reznor as he is closer to his age but hasn't commented to Derrick about it.

typicaltronname
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 9:17 PM
@ IsoLine
My first thought was that it kinda sounds like Rinzler, my second thought was "isn't there a singer or band named reznor?

About to have a third thought, when I read your comment.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

IsoLine
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 9:23 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:@ IsoLine
My first thought was that it kinda sounds like Rinzler, my second thought was "isn't there a singer or band named reznor?

About to have a third thought, when I read your comment.

There is a singer named Trent Reznor, of Nine Inch Nails fame....Or infamy depending on who you talk too. This David Reznor is no relation to him.....My bro had to ask him about that possibility too.

typicaltronname
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 9:28 PM
Thanks for the info, the name was killing me.

I've heard of that band. Not my cup of tea.

My sister listens to their stuff though.

IsoLine
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 9:36 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:Thanks for the info, the name was killing me.

I've heard of that band. Not my cup of tea.

My sister listens to their stuff though.

I hear ya. I only like a handful of songs by him myself and they are usually the well worn out radio airplays like Head Like a Hole and Closer. Basically Trent and NIN were "Pop Industrialists" that idolized the real ones like FLA and FRONT 242 and as he worked part time in a music studio, he parlayed some of his time into getting to use their recording equipment for his own personal projects if he didn't damage anything and still did his cleaning work.

Tron Fanatic
User

on Tuesday, January, 04, 2011 3:55 PM
For some reason I just thought of an awkward reason that the oldschool discs are more useful than the new ones. If ever in some bizarre circumstance you find yourself naked somewhere on the grid, you can't use a Legacy disc to conceal your interface node.

'>

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, January, 04, 2011 4:17 PM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:For some reason I just thought of an awkward reason that the oldschool discs are more useful than the new ones. If ever in some bizarre circumstance you find yourself naked somewhere on the grid, you can't use a Legacy disc to conceal your interface node.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaaaaaahhhh..... *falls over, out of breath*

Tron Lives!

Kat
User

on Tuesday, January, 04, 2011 7:56 PM
IsoLine Wrote:Well, one thing that I keep thinking about is how much I wish driving my car was like driving a lightcycle. There are so many tailgaters and other rude drivers I would love to derezz.

In other news my brother told me he got a new co-worker this week. Apparently the dudes name is David Reznor.....What is the significance you ask?

D. Rez......Nice huh, he said he cracked-wise about that to the David Reznor as he is closer to his age but hasn't commented to Derrick about it.
Oh, gosh, I'd be leaving a solid wall of de-rezzed pixels in my wake...

(Oh hai road rage)

Also a good solution to too much traffic.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Tron Fanatic
User

on Tuesday, January, 04, 2011 10:31 PM
Oh, gosh, I'd be leaving a solid wall of de-rezzed pixels in my wake...

(Oh hai road rage)

Also a good solution to too much traffic.

Lightcycle... the ultimate tailgater deterrant.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

'>

Murdock.dat
User

on Tuesday, January, 04, 2011 10:46 PM
IsoLine Wrote:Well, one thing that I keep thinking about is how much I wish driving my car was like driving a lightcycle. There are so many tailgaters and other rude drivers I would love to derezz.

Tron Fanatic Wrote:
Lightcycle... the ultimate tailgater deterrant.

Y k y w t m T w :

.... You ride the electric pallet jack at work and pretend its a light cycle. Incidentally, the only chance I get to do this is when I make a delivery to one specific customer - a movie theatre. Kind of like how this guy is doing it, except its a crappy vid. But you get the idea :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPE0CwXtexE&feature=player_embedded

"On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy."

KASxxWill
User

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2011 5:47 PM
You know you've watched too much TRON when...
You erase an app or a file on your computer and immediately think you've deresolutionized it. :P I know I do...

Tron Fanatic
User

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2011 7:54 PM
Deresolutionize... is that really the correct long-form of derezz? Just caught me funny thinking, can that be right?

Deresolve, maybe?

'>

FirstPrevious Page: of 22 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Game Grid 
 you know you've watched too much tron when...