TRON: LEGACY 
 TR2N News

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 153 PagesNextLast
MutoidMan
User

Re: TR2N News

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 1:25 AM
This is very exciting and welcome news indeed!!!

Not a remake, no unwelcome reimagining, but a true sequel! And to top it off, Jeff Bridges is back!

I have to wonder if this amazing, well-nigh incredible news is the direct result of the talented, dedicated people of Pixar flexing their creative muscles now that they're basically in control of the movie side of the mouse house.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 1:38 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwww, look at Wall-E! He's probably the kindest robot around, right?

Wall-E says he has a gift for you, Cam!

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

fuzar
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 1:52 AM
Oh my user, I have waited so very long for this. I am just as excited as I was for the return of Star Wars!

fuzar
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 1:55 AM
Now how about TRON on Blu-ray Disney?

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 2:21 AM
I really hope footage of this amazingly awesome sounding trailer at least gets leaked soon.

One question, how does a 2 represent an O in 1337sp3@k?

PSN - TRON-dll

Qix77
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 2:35 AM
Word around the net suggests that this wasn't a trailer but a proof of concept.

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer-news/75
However, they would not have ever showed it at all unless the movie is already in the works.

http://thedisneyblog.com/2008/07/24/tr2n-tron-20-surprise-preview-at-sdcc/

Hey.. does anyone have any links to leaked images or video footage? You know someone there captured it on their cell phones....

Please.... Please... if you can get any images or video of this, please post a link...

Thank you..

Dakota Bob
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 2:54 AM
This is the best news I've heard in YEARS!

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 3:00 AM

I've been following up several articles about the sequel news, and posting what I find on my blog site.

The most interesting bit of news I came across, is that according to Jim Hill media: the Tron sequel has officially been greenlit. Finally.

Jim Hill checks in from San Diego, where Comic-Con attendees just learned that that long-in-development "Tron" sequel has finally officially been greenlit
I've been waiting to hear confirmation of that. I know that Disney showing this teaser, and then not actually following through on a sequel would be pretty crazy of them to do, but it's nice to hear the confirmation.

MutoidMan Wrote:I have to wonder if this amazing, well-nigh incredible news is the direct result of the talented, dedicated people of Pixar flexing their creative muscles now that they're basically in control of the movie side of the mouse house.
I'd be very surprised if Pixar wasn't involved, somehow.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

simbeau
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 6:10 AM
fraking yay!!!!!

www.tr2n.com is a holding page, but i'm not sure how real it is. Anyone got any ideas for viral sites to try?

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Qix77
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 6:45 AM
simbeau Wrote:fraking yay!!!!!

www.tr2n.com is a holding page, but i'm not sure how real it is. Anyone got any ideas for viral sites to try?

I noticed that too last night. I think it's reserved for the movie without giving way that it's reserved for a moive..

Clever when considering the title. We would have thought TRON 2.... I never would have guessed TR2N...
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

simbeau
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 7:06 AM
Have started a discussion group on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24633201614

Please feel free to join up and update do we can get the word out.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

RenegadeProgram
User

Re: TR2N News - Addendum to last post

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 7:21 AM
Hikaru.EXE Wrote:Yes! This is excellent! I'm hoping to see promises by at least 2009.

They had better advertise this one better than it's prequel. If they don't, I will

I'm not trying to be a downer, but I'm more cautiously opitmistic about this sequel, as I explain below:

In reference to my last post, I kinda (maybe - we'll see next year or in 2011)jumped the gun with my desires to see a new TRON chapter, BEFORE reading a detailed description of what was shown: according to many of the accounts, it sounds like a yellow program (either Flynn or Clu, since Clu was originally yellow), is chasing a blue program. The blue program has a blue lightcycle while the yellow program has a yellow lightcycle. The yellow program surprises the blue program, and the blue program crashes into the light trail of the yellow program's light cycle. The blue program is thrown onto the ground from the crash, while the yellow program, revealed to be either Flynn or Clu, walks up to the blue program, as the blue program begs for his life. The yellow program pulls a Clint Eastwood and hurls a yellow disc at the unlucky blue program. Meanwhile, during all this, it is said that either Flynn (or Clu ?) is watching from above, from a window.

Now, while on the surface this sounds cool, here's where my uncertainty lies, based on established elements of the TRON universe (I haven't played Tron 2.0 yet, forgive if my details are a little off):

1)In the original TRON, the blue programs were the programs that were being oppressed by the red programs, led by Sark and the MCP;
2)The yellow programs were (according to the Tron wiki) independent programs;
3)In the first film, the blue light cycles were ridden by the evil (red) programs;
4)As we all know, Jeff Bridges technically played 3 characters:
i)Kevin Flynn#1 - ex- Encom employee
ii)Kevin Flynn#2 - the ex-Encom employee sucked into
the game grid;
iii)Clu - Kevin Flynn's security program whose attempt
at finding the incriminating file (against Dilinger) is
thwarted when the green tank programs destroy
his tank, then the red guards capture him, and
the MCP derezzes him during an interrogation;

Knowing those established facts, I MUST ask:
1)Why is a yellow program killing a blue program?
2)Is Flynn having a bad dream? It's said that he's either in a meditative or dream state. Is he the one looking out the window from above?
3)Is Clu the one looking out from the window above?
OR
4)As in the original screenplays (at least up to the 4th draft), are the Blue programs now the evil programs?
OR
5)Are the formerly independent yellow programs now the evil programs?
6)Is this vision that Flynn or Clu sees ,caused by the disorientation and distress that going back and forth between the two sides of the screen can cause, the reason why a yellow program would kill a blue one?
7)Did some of the blue programs cross over to the dark side of the realm of the red programs?
8)Were all the red programs de-rezzed at the end of the first film? I'm assuming that maybe that was the case, as everything red was turning blue.

I'm sorry for this long post, but being that I, like many, am one of the many TRON fans who was around when the original came out in '82, and also knowing how Hollywood can screw up sequels and/or remakes (I recently heard confimation of A remake of another '82 debut classic, "Poltergeist" - WTF?!!!!!), and reading about the changes I perceived in the trailer (as explained above), I wonder if this sequel will be good. To paraphrase Ricky Ricardo, Disney, "You got some 'splainin to do!". End of line.

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 9:01 AM
In the TRON 2.0 game, the "innocent programs" were all random colors, therefore stating that in our modern time computers, programs can have any color of circuitry.

But does anyone remember the Emails in TRON 2.0's "Antiquated" mission? From reading all of those, we can develop these conclusions:

-Flynn left ENCOM a few years after he went into the computer.
-Flynn still communicated closely with Alan, as evident in the Email from Alan (dated 1991 in-game) saying "Wow, you should share your experiences inside the computer with Hollywood"! Alan also sends Flynn several Emails to keep him updated on the game that he is developing based on his (Flynn's) experiences in the computer.
-From those messages, we conclude that sometime in the early 1990's/late 1980's, Flynn shared his experience in the computer with Alan.
-At some point in time Flynn stepped down as Senior Exec. of ENCOM and passed the job over to Alan.

Do you think the sequel will/should incorperate this or any of the other backstory provided in TRON 2.0? TRON 2.0 had a huge backstory that you could find out about by getting the Emails. It was definitely a very creative way of storytelling, so kudos to Monolith! The backstory is usually centric on current events in-game (ie Fcon Cruiser about to launch, DataWraith tests, virus updates, etc.), but in the antiquated stage, you find a bunch of old emails that sort of roughly tell the story of what happened in the time between the events in the original film and the events in the game at the current moment.

Also, anyone know if this is going to be a remake of TRON 2.0, or if it takes place slightly before TRON 2.0, or after?order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

PSN - TRON-dll

CalvinSpiff II
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 9:27 AM
Yah! I wondered whether they'd get something about the sequel out!

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm coming for you, people! You thought you'd defeated me, but I'm still here! I will kill you all! MWAHAHAH *cough wheeze* HAHAHA *hack cough* argh.

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 9:41 AM
And all of a sudden, out of freaking NOWHERE, Disney Interactive servers start popping up on !

If only it were true.

WHERE'S MY LEAK?!?!?

Apparently, the screening was a *gasp* NO CAMERAS event.
I REALLY hope this isn't a hoax, cuz G4 and the official Comicon site literally have NO INFORMATION on TR2N.

PSN - TRON-dll

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 9:44 AM
FYI ... If you're at this year's Comic-Con and missed out on seeing the "TR2N" footage yesterday, my sources at Disney suggest that you might want to attend Saturday's "Bolt / Up!" presentation. Which could possibly feature a second appearance of Crazy-Old-Flynn.

If anyone is fortunate enough to be at Comic-Con, PLEASE be at that event!!!!order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

"what the hell is a limux.."

- Gattorcar (a user on YouTube) April 17, 2007

test

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 10:02 AM
Concerning a trailer for the entire world to see:

PSN - TRON-dll

Traahn
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 10:36 AM

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 10:50 AM

I don't think we'll see the trailer until after Comicon is over. Maybe there's a remote chance someone will manage to sneak in a camera and leak the footage early, but I doubt it. Unless DaveTRON gets a hold of it, sooner.

I did a check on the tr2n.com site last night . . . it's been reserved since December, and the site is currently hosted at Apple.

So that means if we'd known the title was going to be "TR2N", we could have spotted the site long ago as a sign that there was something in the works regarding the sequel. Also, considering the site is hosted at Apple (and not Disney): could it suggest Pixar's involvement, perhaps?

TRON.dll Wrote:Also, anyone know if this is going to be a remake of TRON 2.0, or if it takes place slightly before TRON 2.0, or after?
DaveTRON said a while back, that Steven Lisberger would only use a little bit of the game's story, wherever it made sense. So it probably won't be a direct prequel or sequel to that story.

Traahn Wrote:Not too thrilled about Flynn being a villain, if it ends up being true
Remember the rumor, about how BVG was thinking of making Flynn the fCon CEO? That he was going to be the bad guy? Looks like they're still going with that angle.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to think of it, either. But the teaser could be deliberately misleading us into thinking Flynn is now a villain.

If he has gone a bit crazy, I hope he's portrayed as a sympathetic villain with good reason for the change, who ends up redeeming himself. And not as a cheesy, cardboard-cutout bad guy.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

RenegadeProgram
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2008 10:51 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:In the TRON 2.0 game, the "innocent programs" were all random colors, therefore stating that in our modern time computers, programs can have any color of circuitry.

But does anyone remember the Emails in TRON 2.0's "Antiquated" mission? From reading all of those, we can develop these conclusions:

-Flynn left ENCOM a few years after he went into the computer.
-Flynn still communicated closely with Alan, as evident in the Email from Alan (dated 1991 in-game) saying "Wow, you should share your experiences inside the computer with Hollywood"! Alan also sends Flynn several Emails to keep him updated on the game that he is developing based on his (Flynn's) experiences in the computer.
-From those messages, we conclude that sometime in the early 1990's/late 1980's, Flynn shared his experience in the computer with Alan.
-At some point in time Flynn stepped down as Senior Exec. of ENCOM and passed the job over to Alan.

Do you think the sequel will/should incorperate this or any of the other backstory provided in TRON 2.0? TRON 2.0 had a huge backstory that you could find out about by getting the Emails. It was definitely a very creative way of storytelling, so kudos to Monolith! The backstory is usually centric on current events in-game (ie Fcon Cruiser about to launch, DataWraith tests, virus updates, etc.), but in the antiquated stage, you find a bunch of old emails that sort of roughly tell the story of what happened in the time between the events in the original film and the events in the game at the current moment.

Also, anyone know if this is going to be a remake of TRON 2.0, or if it takes place slightly before TRON 2.0, or after?

All I know is this: as soon as I can, I'm getting my hands on a copy of Tron 2.0, as I've not had the fortune of playing it yet, and I'm leery of playing it online.

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

FirstPrevious Page: of 153 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TR2N News