TRON: LEGACY 
 TR2N News

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 153 PagesNextLast
VRAM
User

Re: TR2N News

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 1:53 AM
Can't believe it... It leaked after all!

Thanks Tron.dll and keep up the good work!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

You need to check out the COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL TRON TIMELINE!
Meanwhile in the real world... the controller feeds the shift clock to the VRAM's video port. Each shift clock pulse causes the VRAM to deliver the next datum, in strict address order, from the shift-register to the video port... Next frame-buffer data: Who created users?

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 2:05 AM

Here's a tip . . .

1) Copy TRON.dll's link to the TR2N teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvqiQvqjsGg.

2) Go to keepvid.com and paste the link there, then click Download.

3) Right click on the second link (the MP4 one, because it's higher quality), and save it ("Save Target as" in Internet Explorer).

You'll now have a copy of the teaser video named video.mp4 on your hard disk that you can play in Quicktime.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Qix77
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 2:07 AM
Guess what else leaked out???????

Just kidding... :P

Yeah.. I got Download helper for Firefox so I have the YouTube movie downloaded... I hope disney posts the original one soon.

Cyberwolven
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 2:32 AM
Wow......No words can describe my feelings right now.

As soon as I saw a strange little icon on ign that was titled tron 2 I immediatly rushed here to see what was going on. I didn't even click the link.

This my friends is why I'm attending college in the first place.

This has definitly my re-ignited soul. Seriously. This isn't a joke.

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 2:47 AM
Yay! Free comic!

I hope it's not "Atari Force", lol.

I was just jotting some ideas down on a piece of paper. What if there was a Wii game based on this trailer?

Here's what I've got:

This game is played holding the Wiimote like an NES controller:

By tilting the Wiimote left and right, the lightcycle will turn left/right. If the 1 button is held down while tilting the Wiimote, you will move left and right (strafe mode). The further the Wiimote is tilted, the stronger turn the LC will make. By tilting the Wiimote forwards and backwards, you can preform speed-boosting wheelies or adjust your tilt while in midair. Pressing the 1 button turns on your airbrakes. Through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, players can play up to 16 other 1337 lightcyclists on up to 4 teams. Voice chat is available with WiiSpeak, and text chat is available via a USB keyboard. Holding down the B button activates voice chat, while the T key on the keyboard activates text chat. When on teams, team chat is only available. The B button on the Wiimote must be held down for the entire duration of the voice message. Players can also purchase additional arenas through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Play and Play using Wii Points. Powerups are scattered throughout each arena. They can be used by pressing any direction on the Wiimote. Each arena has a hole in the wall. If all of your team's living members escape and reach the finish area on the other side, or if the opposing team is destroyed, then your team wins. You start each race with a full life meter. By hitting jetwalls, arena walls, or improperly landing from a jump, you lose health. Your cycle explodes when your health is empty. If opposing players attempt to escape the arena, you can find an alternative route around. Turning your cycle's headlights off by pressing the A button makes it harder for your enemies to see you, but you don't leave a trail.

How does that sound? It's all fake of course, but based on the footage. where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Qix77
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 2:59 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:Yay! Free comic!

I hope it's not "Atari Force", lol.

I was just jotting some ideas down on a piece of paper. What if there was a Wii game based on this trailer?

Here's what I've got:

This game is played holding the Wiimote like an NES controller:

By tilting the Wiimote left and right, the lightcycle will turn left/right. If the 1 button is held down while tilting the Wiimote, you will move left and right (strafe mode). The further the Wiimote is tilted, the stronger turn the LC will make. By tilting the Wiimote forwards and backwards, you can preform speed-boosting wheelies or adjust your tilt while in midair. Pressing the 1 button turns on your airbrakes. Through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, players can play up to 16 other 1337 lightcyclists on up to 4 teams. Voice chat is available with WiiSpeak, and text chat is available via a USB keyboard. Holding down the B button activates voice chat, while the T key on the keyboard activates text chat. When on teams, team chat is only available. The B button on the Wiimote must be held down for the entire duration of the voice message. Players can also purchase additional arenas through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Play and Play using Wii Points. Powerups are scattered throughout each arena. They can be used by pressing any direction on the Wiimote. Each arena has a hole in the wall. If all of your team's living members escape and reach the finish area on the other side, or if the opposing team is destroyed, then your team wins. You start each race with a full life meter. By hitting jetwalls, arena walls, or improperly landing from a jump, you lose health. Your cycle explodes when your health is empty. If opposing players attempt to escape the arena, you can find an alternative route around. Turning your cycle's headlights off by pressing the A button makes it harder for your enemies to see you, but you don't leave a trail.

How does that sound? It's all fake of course, but based on the footage.

Ask and ye shall receive...

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 3:19 AM
lol, nicely done. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

PSN - TRON-dll

atari05
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 3:36 AM
Hey there its been FOREVER since I posted on the boards and such since Tron 2.0 game days.

I just say I'm VERY excited for the community. The preview was AWESOME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvqiQvqjsGg
very crappy video but it gets the job done. I'm sure its been posted, I would of looked to see if it was posted...but....its 4:30 AM lol

If life was all fun and games, we would be issued a light cycle at birth

Dakota Bob
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 7:05 AM
Everybody needs to download it just in case Disney takes it off Youtube.

The trailer was done amazingly well, I just can't wait until we get new info next year where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 9:26 AM
I found a bootleg video of the TR2N trailer (demo footage). Looks like atari05 beat me to the punch. Some build points to you for that:

I found the same video, but on a different (non-YouTube source).

Check it out here at Gizmodo if you like. I love the title to their article. It seems slightly higher quality, though still the exact same blurry footage. Maybe it's just bigger. Whatever. Enjoy.

I have mixed feelings about it. The video sent frickin' chills through me the whole time I watched it. I mean, it was a powerful feeling I really didn't expect. It's a geek thing. At the same time, something put me off a bit. I think it may have been the very CGI-looking face of one player seen at the end that didn't look very well done. I shouldn't be able to pick that out on a blurry bootleg copy like that, but it bothered me.

It's only test footage though. I'm pretty sure (at least hoping) they can do a lot better for the real thing.

Overall, the clip got me very excited. The new look seemed like an interesting update of the old that we all fell in love with.

They did that whole momentary slow motion action crap thing though - during the light cycle rod toss-out part. That boring-damn super-slow motion sandwiched between regular motion that the Matrix made popular almost a decade ago? Damn slow-motion moment crap just won't go away. I hate that. WAAAAAAAAY to trendy and hip for me. Please, Hollywood, just stop. Thank you.

EDIT: Ok, I just watched it again. The slow-motion bit didn't bother me as much 2nd time. But the face still does. Yes, we're in the digital world here, but faces shouldn't look... what's the word... like poorly stretched plastic face fakness that doesn't emote properly? I guess it looked like a modern video game face. That works in the video games because it's kind of the best they can do for now. It doesn't work in a film - not to me, anyway. In the digital world of TRON, faces should not look like they're the run-of-the-mill video game character face. My two cents.

Program 1: You ok? It's just a movie!

Todd: Not anymore...

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Cam_the_Man
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 9:47 AM

TRON.dll...TronFAQ...TheTeelTodd... I love you guys
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

Traahn
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 10:24 AM
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Auric
Sector Creator

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 11:49 AM
Did anyone else notice that the lightcycles more closely resemble Syd's original concept, were the rider forms the top of the cycle?

Hmmm....

Dave "Auric" Hernly
Sector Administrator

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 11:58 AM
Woah, I never realized that!

I was a little bit queasy about the idea of the cycles not turning 90 degrees, but it turned out incredibly awesome.

I think this movie will be epic win and both of those individually. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

PSN - TRON-dll

Cam_the_Man
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 12:07 PM

All of you with a MySpace that haven't posted a bulletin/blog/both about this should be ashamed of yourselves.

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

gl
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 12:29 PM
I have mixed feelings about it. The video sent frickin' chills through me the whole time I watched it. I mean, it was a powerful feeling I really didn't expect. It's a geek thing. At the same time, something put me off a bit. I think it may have been the very CGI-looking face of one player seen at the end that didn't look very well done. I shouldn't be able to pick that out on a blurry bootleg copy like that, but it bothered me.

That's exactly how I feel about it Todd. The gasp and cheers of the crowd the moment the guy transforms into the cycle and everyone knows what they're looking at ... chills every time. But I also don't like the CGI characters, it needs real actors to give the movie some human depth - else it ends up looking as fake as the all-CGI shots in the Phantom Menace. The difference in emotional depth between the shots with Jeff and the rest is pretty drastic.

It's only test footage though. I'm pretty sure (at least hoping) they can do a lot better for the real thing.

Do we know for sure it's test footage? And do we know for sure the characters will be all-CG?

One thing I found suprising on reviewing is how much the art seems to have been inspired by the look of the 2.0 game. I really hope they don't follow its storyline too closely, it was a fun game but to me it wasn't a worthy sucessor (especially story-wise).

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 12:32 PM

That cycle scene is very similar to the opening of FF VII Advent Children. I wasn't grooving on it all that much until I saw Jeff Bridges. Now my curiosity is piqued.

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 12:52 PM
I think the reasons why the programs are 3D now is because of the time restraints and possibly problems with recreating the circuitry effect on live-action footage. If they use motion-capture to animate the programs, I'll be happy with that. However, I'm hoping to see more than just a live-action face.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

"what the hell is a limux.."

- Gattorcar (a user on YouTube) April 17, 2007

test

gl
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 1:08 PM
Mr. Sinistar Wrote:I think the reasons why the programs are 3D now is because of the time restraints and possibly problems with recreating the circuitry effect on live-action footage.

I suspect the real reason is that they want to do all kinds of complicated camera moves, and be able to tweak that right until the end. If you shoot live-action you're immediately stuck with those particular camera angles.

If they use motion-capture to animate the programs, I'll be happy with that. However, I'm hoping to see more than just a live-action face.

Agreed, motion capture (with live faces) would be fine.

It's possible that the trailer was primarily put together to sell the project (perhaps even to the studio) as an FX and art direction demo.

Tori
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 1:24 PM
OHMYGOD OHMYGOD!

That trailer. WOW.

I want it to not be so small, though...):

BUT OHMYGODD!

I'm so excited right now.

I WANTS THE TRAILER TO PLAY IN THEATERS. NAO. PLEASE.

And, really. Imax/3D/something equally cool would be great. It's part of what Tron's all about, right?

==

FirstPrevious Page: of 153 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TR2N News