TRON: LEGACY 
 TR2N News

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 153 PagesNextLast
TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: TR2N News

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 2:18 PM

Auric Wroteid anyone else notice that the lightcycles more closely resemble Syd's original concept, were the rider forms the top of the cycle?

Hmmm....
That was one of the first things I noticed, yes. How the riders meld/blend in with the Light Cycle. Which is the way they originally wanted them to appear, in the the first film.

gl Wroteo we know for sure it's test footage? And do we know for sure the characters will be all-CG?
Yes, it's test footage. What we see here, won't necessarily end up in the actual film. This was an experiment to see what they could do, and to have something to show to the Disney execs.

I think using all-CGI characters was definitely an experiment, to see how good it would look and what kind of reaction it would receive. If enough people don't like the CGI characters, then they just might not go with it, I suspect.

I'm going to take some time to think things over, before I really throw in my two cents about how I feel. It would also really help if we had access to a higher quality version of the teaser.

But my gut reaction is mixed, like I think will be the case for most of us. It looks cool for the most part, but I wasn't fond of a few things. Like the "Matrix" moment, the all-CGI characters, and the fact that the electronic world looks a bit too "real" now. I really liked the more abstract look, from the original film.

I'm also not sure about those helmets. But at least they don't scream "Halo" like they did in Killer App. (I do know that they originally intended the Light Cycle riders to have helmets, in the first film.) And the disc CLU (young Flynn) was holding should have actually been a disc, not a ring. Also, CLU's face looked pretty obviously fake.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

NoExcuses
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 2:33 PM
That is AMAZING!

I don't care if I have to bend my neck and strain my eyes to see the tiny, blurry little camera-phone image... I'm gonna watch this over and over! I can't wait to see a HD version of the teaser!

And JEFF BRIDGES! Very mysterious and strange... but BADASS!

OK, I'm gonna try and calm down now... order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 2:33 PM
O no...

"This vid is no longer available due to a copyright claim from the Walt Disney Company."

Disney strikes once again... abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Tori
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 2:37 PM
NoExcuses Wrote:

I don't care if I have to bend my neck and strain my eyes to see the tiny, blurry little camera-phone image... I'm gonna watch this over and over!

Every time I had to link it to someone else, I was doing that...

It got better every single time!! =D

==

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 2:46 PM

TRON.dll Wrote:"This vid is no longer available due to a copyright claim from the Walt Disney Company."

Disney strikes once again...
Yup. Surprise, surprise.

I changed the link to the video on the front page, to the one at Gizmodo. Hope that one lasts.

EDIT: I found another version where the video has been stabilized and the darkness cropped, but I don't like it. Because it's zoomed in, it makes the image too blurry.

Still, for those that want to see it:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x692m3_tr2n-cleaned-up-001_fun

gl
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 3:22 PM
and the fact that the electronic world looks a bit too "real" now. I really liked the more abstract look, from the original film.

Yeah, I also thought that a little. Parts of it looked more like an airport runway. On the other hand, I'm not sure you could get away with the abstract look these days. The beauty of the first film is it's visual simplicity, it's hard to do that when everyone expects super-detailed CG effect shots these days.

It doesn't have to be bad though once you allow the 1st film to stand timeless.

I'm also not sure about those helmets.

Yeah.

And the disc CLU (young Flynn) was holding should have actually been a disc, not a ring.

I like it, it's a nice move forward visually and goes with the hollow wheels.

Compucore
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 3:37 PM
Ah shoot they took it down at youtube. No longer can see it from there.

TronFAQ Wrote:

Here's a tip . . .

1) Copy TRON.dll's link to the TR2N teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvqiQvqjsGg.

2) Go to keepvid.com and paste the link there, then click Download.

3) Right click on the second link (the MP4 one, because it's higher quality), and save it ("Save Target as" in Internet Explorer).

You'll now have a copy of the teaser video named video.mp4 on your hard disk that you can play in Quicktime.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Dakota Bob
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 4:22 PM
I believe the video has already been re-uploaded to youtube, just go a search for TR2N or TRON 2, if you don't find it, I can re-upload it

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 4:51 PM

The link to the video on the front page works.

For now. Disney already asked Ain't-it-Cool News to remove their link.

Don't quite understand why they're clamping down on this. It's a crappy quality video, and I think it's doing more to help than hurt.

But I suspect that Disney will have a high quality version up, sooner than expected. I'm beginning to think all the enthusiasm caught them a little off-guard.

EDIT: By the way, it turns out the site tr2n.com isn't affiliated with Disney, after all. You were right, TRON.dll. It is reserved for some kind of entertainment project, though.

Seems Disney was too late to register the tr2n.com domain name for themsleves. I bet that makes them unhappy. LOL.

KiaPurity
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 5:33 PM
Holy crap.

BESTEST LATE BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER

*bounces off of the wall, alright, who gave this user sugar again?*

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

NoExcuses
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 6:12 PM
Does anyone know if Wendy Carlos will be involved? Tron just wouldn't be the same without her music.

atari05
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 6:59 PM
Now that I'm not wanting to fall asleep in my chair. I can post on my feelings on the trailer.

THE LOOK:
I like the direction its going. Its darker...heavier.....takes the classic cues and puts some upgrades on them. I actually think the cues in this footage seem more simplistic than the original (at least in the suit and such, not as many traces). I agree with Todd that I'm a bit iffy on the faces. The sounds where great, I dug the new disc. I understand why they slowed down the video though, I think that was more so you could see the bike rezz and understand its TRON since the crowed had no idea what they where watching. I didn't mind the cg bodies but ...I don't want to have to watch "tv heads" throughout the whole movie. However as a purest, I hoped they would of kept the neg filming and live actors.

PLOT:
Wish I knew more. Once could say that CLU has gone rogue....Or that Flynn has sent in CLU once again to do his dirty work which is no longer for the greater good. Maybe the blu player is a some sort of yellow backed enemy and KLU is cleaning house......OOHH THE ASSUMPTIONS.

I tell you what though, if they wanted to make fans stoked, I think they achieved and exceeded their goal. I can not wait!

PS!...Thanks TheReelTodd, for the build points. I didn't mean to steal your thunder!

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

If life was all fun and games, we would be issued a light cycle at birth

Jademz
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 7:48 PM
This is very cool. I love the trailer, btw, thanks for re-posting it TheReelTodd. I want to see a 10 hour movie. Did I mention that?

Another thing is that is so cool, back in '06 a group of guys including myself were wanting to make a mod, one of them wanted to call it TR2N. That man was Layer. hehe I dont forget.. we were going Mmmm uumm mmmm.. hence, maybe that was wierd.. but it brought it home to me.

I'm still awe struck how this is developing, I hope they make the PC TR2N game, as well as they made Tron 2.0 sound, look and play.

Damn what a cool trailer.. nice work TR2N team!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

MutoidMan
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 8:05 PM
Holy mackerel that looks great! I hope we get to see an official copy of it soon.

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

FusionAddict
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 8:52 PM
Seems Disney was too late to register the tr2n.com domain name for themsleves. I bet that makes them unhappy. LOL.

Actually, if their pattern holds, they'll just market it using their ownership of the go.com domain...likely something like disney.go.com/tron2 or disney.go.com/tr2n.

Oh, and good to be back order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

The Clu abides, man...

KiaPurity
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 8:53 PM
Hmm, just heard that Disney might put out a HD version of that spot.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Cyberwolven
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 9:09 PM
KiaPurity Wrote:Holy crap.

BESTEST LATE BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER

*bounces off of the wall, alright, who gave this user sugar again?*

Well, well. Happy Birthday indeed!

I Wasn't sure whether I should respond to ThePimpDragon's question directly on his thread or this one because it relates to Tr2n.....here's a quote of what he said:

The PimpDragon Wrote:Thanks, DaveTRON!

Great to be back, especially with such awesome sequel news!

I thought the footage looked cool, even though it wasn't the best quality video.

Hard to believe Jeff Bridges is back!

Does anyone know if Lisberger or any of the original crew will be back?

What about Boxleitner?

Well.....you know that Lisberger and some Pixar workers sometimes teach classes right? Well, I found that out around last fall. One of my friends told me about it.

When I looked up the class roster at the place that I was told about(this was six or more months ago) Matte Painting was the class that he was instructing.(only one class? This guy must be busy.)

Well this year he hasn't been instructing that class(or any class for that matter), we might know why now. Don't take my word for it though.

As for Boxleitner not entirely sure either.

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

FusionAddict
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 9:21 PM
Lisberger is producing.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

The Clu abides, man...

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 9:26 PM
atari05 Wrote:PS!...Thanks TheReelTodd, for the build points. I didn't mean to steal your thunder!

You're welcome. BTW - I just did some retro-reading in this thread. It looks like TRON.dll beat us BOTH to the punch! I'd better offer him some as well:

Sorry I missed your post, TRON.dll. Please accept your past-due build points.

Nikster
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 9:39 PM
Found a bigger version of the trailer...watch before Disney has it yanked..

http://www.youtube.com/v/we1Li7SrQEg&hl=en&fs=1
It's kinda crappy quality tho, since the guy filmed it with his cellphone. You can see a bit more detail tho, like the "human" looking guy is none other than Jeff Bridges

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

FirstPrevious Page: of 153 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TR2N News