Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Spike TV Teasing Tron:Legacy The Videogame!!!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
tron_man_63304
User

Re: Spike TV Teasing Tron:Legacy The Videogame!!!

on Sunday, November, 29, 2009 11:03 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:I speculate that the game *may be* a prequel to Tron Legacy.

May explain why the light cycle looks like a in-between design of Flynn's "1989 Model" and the "5th Gen" Light Cycle design shown at SD Comic Con' 2009 TL panel and at D23.

Another piece of evidence supporting this: Almost all games based on Disney movies take place before or after the movie. However, most take place after the movie so that the game can have an original storyline where the developer can do anything and at the same time have flashback sequences so that the player can "relive" the movie.

Considering that all movie games are released before the movie comes out, I personally like the idea of a prequel game.

Now, Disney, look:

-The Wii has that new MotionPlus addon.
-Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 had a Frisbee Golf minigame exclusive to the Wii version and used MotionPlus.
-Frisbees are weapons in TRON.

Disney, feel free to completely misunderstand the point of this post and make TRON Frisbee Golf instead of some kind of onslaught mode where you must kill enemies by throwing your disc like a Frisbee from a fixed position.

to: shadowdragon1

i must agree with that

to: tron.dll

hmmmm i never thought of the Frisbees on the wii. however i still don't like Nintendo's control setup. yea to throw the disk would be awesome but how would you control movement. unless it works like metroid prime 3 i doubt that it will be a good setup. yea i know i sound like i hate Nintendo but i really don't i just don't trust them to do the best on my possibly favorite game of the year. but thats just me

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Back by Unpopular Demand.

Jademz
User

on Monday, November, 30, 2009 6:46 AM
xalener Wrote:
Dev companies are afraid of PCs now because of piracy. I think it's a pretty sound decision, but I'm sure they could come up with something less drastic than just omitting the PC from the equasion entirely.

Oh well, I'm hoping it DOES come out for the PC. I'm not getting it for the PC if it's more of a platformer/ frerunningish thing like Assassin's creed, but it will make it much easier for thiose who know how to.... rip the models and put them in Gmod...

But I think you guys can calm down, it's VERY RARE that an Unreal Engine game doesn't get ported to the PC.

as far as piracy, people will buy this game if it's well made.

The reason it seems ppl here may not have a calm approach to this game, is because in reality if given the tools, certain people want to make a better game than these people making the game. But these developers may not want that reality.. so how's that for irony?
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

xalener
User

on Monday, November, 30, 2009 8:34 PM
That's just the way it is.

I'm all for the Tron 1.5 thing though. It makes sense, looking at the cycle. It's TOTALLY different than the ones we saw in the POC, or any of the art. Then again, plenty of time has passed, and the design may have changed...

But I think it's too late for that.

Alan: I was paged last night. Came from your dad's arcade
sam: So?
Alan: the number's been disconnected for 20 years!
Sam: THEN WHO WAS PAGER

HooDooMan
User

on Monday, November, 30, 2009 9:52 PM
Here's a "lightcycle evolution" image I put together (following the TRON 1.5 scenario).

It seems there's a common design theme in the front wheel even though the exterior has changed significantly. I first noticed it in the POC footage when the lightcycle rezzed up.

So maybe yall are onto something with the TRON 1.5 storyline for the game.

(But then again, it was probably just an excuse for me to watch the POC footage again and play around in Photoshop with some lightcycle images! LOL!)

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, November, 30, 2009 10:03 PM
tron_man_63304 Wrote:to: tron.dll

hmmmm i never thought of the Frisbees on the wii. however i still don't like Nintendo's control setup. yea to throw the disk would be awesome but how would you control movement. unless it works like metroid prime 3 i doubt that it will be a good setup. yea i know i sound like i hate Nintendo but i really don't i just don't trust them to do the best on my possibly favorite game of the year. but thats just me

Use the Wii Sports Resort Frisbee controls when you hold down B which restricts looking around. You can still move with the control stick. When not holding B you use standard point-to-look controls.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

CalvinSpiff II
User

on Saturday, December, 05, 2009 11:35 AM
Wow, I'll certainly buy it!

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm coming for you, people! You thought you'd defeated me, but I'm still here! I will kill you all! MWAHAHAH *cough wheeze* HAHAHA *hack cough* argh.

Cyberwolven
User

on Saturday, December, 05, 2009 7:24 PM
I'll be buying it too. No doubt this game should have multiplayer. It's Tron for goodness sake. I also hope we'll get to make our own levels like the other game.

This will be the first computer game I bought since a number of years and probably the third actual computer game I ever owned.

I don't have have a computer thats above the 16-32 mb graphics at the moment, but I want this game handy when I get a new computer/laptop. where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

Traahn
User

on Sunday, December, 06, 2009 1:45 PM
I hope they make the modding tools a little easier to use this time around, and provide greater/easier 'out of the box' flexibility with them. The old Tron 2.0 editing tools were tough and the supporting documents were ough to decipher. I eventually gave up, despite a strong desire to make my own Tron worlds.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Compucore
User

on Sunday, December, 06, 2009 2:31 PM
The only time piracy might end if they would have gone the open source way even after the production run of the game itself with the source code on a separate cd and which compilers they used in order to compile the game under windows, OSX or Linux if they choose to do so. And besides I think we would all like to contribute in some form or another like maps,and sound effects for a new level. Or updating something else within the game as well. And who also already had a chance to work with source code before.

Jademz Wrote:
xalener Wrote:
Dev companies are afraid of PCs now because of piracy. I think it's a pretty sound decision, but I'm sure they could come up with something less drastic than just omitting the PC from the equasion entirely.

Oh well, I'm hoping it DOES come out for the PC. I'm not getting it for the PC if it's more of a platformer/ frerunningish thing like Assassin's creed, but it will make it much easier for thiose who know how to.... rip the models and put them in Gmod...

But I think you guys can calm down, it's VERY RARE that an Unreal Engine game doesn't get ported to the PC.

as far as piracy, people will buy this game if it's well made.

The reason it seems ppl here may not have a calm approach to this game, is because in reality if given the tools, certain people want to make a better game than these people making the game. But these developers may not want that reality.. so how's that for irony?

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Traahn
User

on Monday, December, 07, 2009 11:16 AM
I don't think that would end piracy, Compucore Then pirates would just pirate both CDs

And the company who made the game would be releasing their proprietary source code for everyone to see, which I doubt they'd want to do.

- I don't think they have a lot of incentive to release to competitors and the general public something they spent years and a lot of money making.

- It seems like the source code could also be something the company could leverage for their future games or other software they make, too. Thus, even more reasons for not releasing it.

I could be wrong, though, as I'm not in software development

I do hope they eventually release the source code to us; even if it's 10 or 20 years from now.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

aldul
User

on Monday, December, 07, 2009 12:17 PM
Re: The helmets

I can see this line of reasoning: If the new light cycles are open, and we allow for hair, does it blow in the wind? There's no air, so technically, hair wouldn't blow, but that would look silly at high speeds. Best to design a cool helmet :-)

Such important design decisions...where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Jademz
User

on Monday, December, 07, 2009 5:30 PM
aldul Wrote:Re: The helmets

I can see this line of reasoning: If the new light cycles are open, and we allow for hair, does it blow in the wind? There's no air, so technically, hair wouldn't blow, but that would look silly at high speeds. Best to design a cool helmet :-)

Such important design decisions...

Perhaps ambient charge on the grid oscillates and repulses the forward movement of the rider.

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, December, 07, 2009 6:19 PM
Anyone know if there's going to be a live streaming webcast of this? I'll be somewhere where I won't be able to watch it on TV.

Also, anyone got the airtimes or a site I can check?

EDIT: Nevermind, this should solve everything: http://www.spike.com/event/vga2009

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, December, 08, 2009 1:12 AM
I think we could meet half way on that one Traahn. Usually with open source stuff. makes some things easier to deal with on it. Usually with bug or edits on the source usually can be made on it. But yet again it would be something like making your own version of linux at that point on things. And I am not going to discount on what you say either on it. I am just looking at it from another angle here. Some computers like the ones that made Unreal tournament available for people like myself who are running linux machine on the side of their main machines instead of going into easy upgrades to their current machines of hardware and software to run the latest and greatest. Learning on how to streamline the game on the current system sometimes make things easier. ANd is usually based on opengl where as under windows it's mostly direct X.

And with open source it's mainly redistributing the source alone with the actual files as well with the game. Open source is done slightly different than with proprietary stuff like with windows and the others. With source and the game or program itslef under the linux world is not really pirated in the linux world. Just a easier way of making a application a better down the line.

Well you don't really need an engineering degree on the whole thing. And yes I do have a degree as a programmer here. Only for a few years though working with C++, pascal/delphi, Cobol, html, Oracle 8i/9i, a nd a little bit of ASP which I detested working in. But. If people are willing to do it you'll be surprise with what things do come out as for nice little updates on applications that are out there as well that don't have a degree on things like this. If there is a will there is always a good way of doing it and doing it well on most games that have the source code available.

Traahn Wrote:I don't think that would end piracy, Compucore Then pirates would just pirate both CDs

And the company who made the game would be releasing their proprietary source code for everyone to see, which I doubt they'd want to do.

- I don't think they have a lot of incentive to release to competitors and the general public something they spent years and a lot of money making.

- It seems like the source code could also be something the company could leverage for their future games or other software they make, too. Thus, even more reasons for not releasing it.

I could be wrong, though, as I'm not in software development

I do hope they eventually release the source code to us; even if it's 10 or 20 years from now.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

ArcadeWarrior
User

on Thursday, December, 10, 2009 11:52 AM
Sign me up for the PC version. While I did have TRON 2.0 on the Xbox first, I liked it on the PC more since 1st-person games control better on the PC and you have mods and fan made updates to keep the game fresh.

From that preview though, TL is looking nice. Can't wait to see more.

------------->
Games? You want games, I'll give you games...

Jademz
User

on Saturday, December, 12, 2009 7:19 PM
That was a very cool teaser! Feel the corruption!

wwwmwww
User

on Saturday, December, 12, 2009 7:20 PM
I just saw it on spike. NICE!!!! So when can we find the trailer on-line?

Carlabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

tron_man_63304
User

on Saturday, December, 12, 2009 7:20 PM
was about as bad as the first thing they showed aside from the first part

Back by Unpopular Demand.

Jademz
User

on Saturday, December, 12, 2009 7:23 PM
I thought it was visually stunning, even if they didn't show much. Thanks for the head's up ShadowDragon1!

edit: I noticed Propaganda has two games on their site, both PC, crossing fingers.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

HooDooMan
User

on Saturday, December, 12, 2009 7:26 PM
That was pretty cool!

Plus it reveals a little more about the movie too!

I can't wait!

FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Spike TV Teasing Tron:Legacy The Videogame!!!