Tron 2.0 
 Not Cannon...??

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
ShadowSpark
User

Not Cannon...??

on Tuesday, November, 30, 2010 1:38 AM
So with Tron Legacy coming out, does this mean that the Tron 2.0 timeline isn't cannon anymore? I mean, having read Tron Betrayal, Lora obviously isn't dead, Jet doesn't seem to exist, Ma3a doesn't either.... What do you guys think?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

KiaPurity
User

RE: Not Cannon...??

on Tuesday, November, 30, 2010 1:40 AM
I'm happy about Lora being alive, but I'm not happy that they seem to have outright denied that Tron 2.0 ever existed at all despite the fact that TL shares the same plot elements from Tron 2.0.

A little acknowledgment wouldn't hurt.

(ps, needs more Mercury and Jet Bradley!)on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

IsoLine
User

on Tuesday, November, 30, 2010 2:12 AM
KiaPurity Wrote:I'm happy about Lora being alive, but I'm not happy that they seem to have outright denied that Tron 2.0 ever existed at all despite the fact that TL shares the same plot elements from Tron 2.0.

A little acknowledgment wouldn't hurt.

(ps, needs more Mercury and Jet Bradley!)

I sympathize....Especially since I love the game but it would kind of mess with the Sam Flynn angle of going digital and possibly saving the tron-world. What I would have like to have seen happen is Alan and Lora still being married and Jet being born but instead of him being a full time employee who got digitized, he could be an intern who went to work for another branch of Encom in another country or some thing. Make him real, just he didn't get digitized into the computer and FCOM never existed. Maybe he could have created Mercury or something.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, November, 30, 2010 7:08 AM
This. I could live with this!

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

laphtiya
User

on Tuesday, November, 30, 2010 10:14 AM
Ya I think its a shame that T2.0 is completely ignored (as far as we know). Its a shame really, it was a good plot line.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, November, 30, 2010 11:48 AM
I think 2.0 can still exist.

It takes place in a series of systems at ENCOM, not Flynn's server. Legacy takes place all in that same little server where the first film occurred.

Lora was presumed dead, but exists in the form of MA3A, so in between the events of TRON and Legacy where the 2.0 world exists she could have been rescued from the grid she was in.

There is no real reason that Jet cannot exist at the same time as Sam.

I think the 2.0 world can be part of the TRON canon with a little bit of work. Unfortunately, I doubt it ever will.

I'd love to see our super-cycle go up against one of these new lightcycles!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

ShadowDragon1
User

on Tuesday, November, 30, 2010 12:00 PM
Flynn's two tower super computer isn't the Encom 511, it's a different system. In "Tron: Betrayal" ; Tron refers to "where he comes from" (indicating he's not originally from that system, so one can assume Flynn uploaded him from the ol' 511), and the official Tron Legacy site's "ride a light cycle" game, one of the energy orbs when picked up has a
pop-up message refering to an "Encom 7-1-1" that Flynn used for creating "The Grid". where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Pilgrim1099
User

on Tuesday, November, 30, 2010 12:10 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:Flynn's two tower super computer isn't the Encom 511, it's a different system. In "Tron: Betrayal" ; Tron refers to "where he comes from" (indicating he's not originally from that system, so one can assume Flynn uploaded him from the ol' 511), and the official Tron Legacy site's "ride a light cycle" game, one of the energy orbs when picked up has a
pop-up message refering to an "Encom 7-1-1" that Flynn used for creating "The Grid".

Hmm. I see a CLU here. The ENCOM Seven Eleven? Did they just name this after the famous store chain? LOL.

Or rather Castor's 7-Eleven for programs and ISOs. I can see Clu walking in after a bike ride shopping for energy drinks and some digital donuts.

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, November, 30, 2010 12:14 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:I'd love to see our super-cycle go up against one of these new lightcycles!

If Flynn's cycle counts as one of the new lightcycles...

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=106579
Can't find a download link atm but I know someone ported over the Super Lightcycle model, as well.

As far as the canons go, I think that trying to work TRON 2.0 into the canon at this point would be a complete mess. I think 2.0 and Legacy both have amazing stories, but they should stand on their own as separate canons.

Maybe we can see 2.0 expanded in the future as some kind of "alternate universe" thing? where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Tuesday, November, 30, 2010 12:27 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
DaveTRON Wrote:I'd love to see our super-cycle go up against one of these new lightcycles!

If Flynn's cycle counts as one of the new lightcycles...

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=106579
Can't find a download link atm but I know someone ported over the Super Lightcycle model, as well.

As far as the canons go, I think that trying to work TRON 2.0 into the canon at this point would be a complete mess. I think 2.0 and Legacy both have amazing stories, but they should stand on their own as separate canons.

Maybe we can see 2.0 expanded in the future as some kind of "alternate universe" thing?

I have to agree but never played the PC game. I'm aware of the storyline of TRON 2.0 and the comic version. It's that I have a hard time believing the progression from Flynn being the first human into the digital world and then Alan Bradley and Jet are next. If I'm not mistaken, didn't Alan Bradley digitize himself in there to learn about that world before Flynn s supposedly retired? It just made no sense since Flynn would have to be severely traumatized by the experience not to talk to anyone about it. Of course, it's a Disney film and I understand that portrayal of Flynn as a laid back positive dude with a daredevil attitude.

The idea of Flynn and Alan in Legacy returning made more sense to me.

TRON 2.0 is an amazing product. Don't get me wrong. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Mrzozelow.exe
User

on Sunday, December, 12, 2010 12:27 AM
Tron 2.0 is still canon, but happens in a different timeline. That's the official version.

doctorclu
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 8:30 AM
Mrzozelow.exe Wrote:Tron 2.0 is still canon, but happens in a different timeline. That's the official version.

From what I've seen in this the two were two different computers. Which explains why TRON 2.0 follows the look of the original movie more closely than in Legacy. Different computers, different legacy codes, different looks.

In both stories, Flynn disappears around 1990. I think there was a message or so from Flynn after that, but even in TRON 2.0 Flynn is gone.

TRON 2.0 takes place in 2003 correct? TRON Legacy takes place in 2010.

Jet could have had his adventures with Encom, and Lora rescued long before Legacy takes place.

It is possible that Jet and Sam never meet, though unlikely. It seems the difference in age that Jet would have been like an older brother to Sam if Alan introduced the two, and since Alan was a volunteer dad for Sam, this might be more the case. Though honestly, the next question is, how would have Sam and Jet gotten along?

Sam lost both parents and grand parents, and seemed an angry rebellious kid. Jet at least had his father. I almost see those Jet (would I would imagine would be like 5 years older than Sam) would see him as a bratty angry kid. Jet seemed a bit better adjusted, probably had his own friends, and would see Sam in passing but that was about it.

Well, bottom line, I think what we are getting at is TRON 2.0 and Legecy would be like two ships passing at this point. Two different computers, two different (yet similar) stories.

Now... interestingly enough, IF Sam takes that SD card with Flynn's server information and integrates it into the current Encom computer.....

And that would be a great way to integrate both stories, and have some wonderful build up for a third movie.

SweatyPyro
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 10:20 AM
I think a good way of checking for integrating Tron 2.0's story into the now official story line would be to check the dates of the e-mails you can read, also. Especially in the correspondence of Flynn and Alan.

Just saying.

Also, would love Tron 2.0 elements for 3rd movie.

\o/

David1
User

on Tuesday, December, 21, 2010 7:29 AM

To be honest, I thought that Tron 2.0 was more cannon than Legacy, but then it's not us who decide...

The science of the laser was explained in Tron and continued in Tron 2.0. Tron followed ( somewhat ) real world physics. So did 2.0. Legacy doesn't understand the first law of thermodynamics...

So many years ago, I didn't like the ending of Tron 2.0 and so ended up giving up a year,month,week and day of my life to an effort to address the source of my unhappiness. ( And I come back once every six months since then )

But I really didn't like what the sequel did to the storyline either... Anyway, It's been too long since I've shown up and I don't remember the policy for spoilers so I won't discuss it

But to the guys who created 2.0? Thankyou. Yours was the real homage and recognition of the Tron world.

And what the heck, I still enjoyed the movie... Lots of pretty eye candy

David1.

Who hacked my .sig?

SweatyPyro
User

on Tuesday, December, 21, 2010 1:22 PM
Can you explain your view a bit more regarding Legacy with the Law of Thermodynamics? I'm curious as to what you mean!abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

\o/

Sub-Odeon
User

on Wednesday, December, 22, 2010 8:16 AM
I thought TRON 2.0 as a playable sequel was a very good follow-up to the 1982 film.

Alas, yes, it's apocryphal now.

Still one heck of a fun game!

David1
User

on Wednesday, December, 22, 2010 9:21 AM
SweatyPyro Wrote:Can you explain your view a bit more regarding Legacy with the Law of Thermodynamics? I'm curious as to what you mean!

In Tron and 2.0, the laser didn't open a "portal" between worlds or anything like that. It just suspended the user's atoms in the beam - They existed in a digitized state. What happened inside the computer wasn't real per-se. I think Flynn summed it up best when he said

"Oh, man, this isn't happening. It only thinks it's happening"

In Legacy, the laser is more like a portal between worlds... -

Why? if someone can come out of the computer who didn't originally go in there, where did the energy ( or matter ) come from?

David1

Who hacked my .sig?

SweatyPyro
User

on Wednesday, December, 22, 2010 10:07 AM
Perhaps from Flynn's particles? lol.

Either way, as far as the science is concerned, it's hard to explain how our original theory worked anyway....not saying it's a bad idea of how it works, but I think we have to be open to the fact that we don't know 100% how the laser works or works now....

But I might say, an explanation to how it does work would be nice. xDorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

\o/

Ion
User

on Wednesday, December, 22, 2010 10:23 AM
I think the laser still does what it did before, scans your particles and atoms. In Legacy they just didn't show it. Which makes it feel more like a portal. Which is one of my small gripes with the movie. Of course it might seem instantaneous in practical terms if it happened to you - so it actually could be more accurate. I just wish they would have shown more of the scan like in the first..

I'm not sure the same stuff comprises you in the game world. maybe the dna blueprint is the same but the material is digital. I like to think that your original materials are stored in the laser. That would explain why users are unique, infinitely more complex and can manipulate the digital world. How they get translated digitally however, is a total mystery. If only it were possible...

Wow, did I just say some of what was already said by Dave1? Sorry about that.

IsoLine
User

on Wednesday, December, 22, 2010 11:04 AM
David1 Wrote:
In Tron and 2.0, the laser didn't open a "portal" between worlds or anything like that. It just suspended the user's atoms in the beam - They existed in a digitized state. What happened inside the computer wasn't real per-se.

I believe that is interpretive language. The area where one comes in and out of the computer from the vantage point of being inside the computer needed a name and since Flynn had created the system and the shrank down the size of the Laser considerably I feel "Portal" is fine. The actual computer was not just a computer but an intended destination.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 Not Cannon...??