TRON: Evolution 
 TRON EVO!!! WHO GOT THEIR COPY

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
MutoidMan
User

RE: TRON EVO!!! WHO GOT THEIR COPY

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 2:18 AM
I picked up my copy for the PC last night and just stopped playing after having at it for a few hours.

Just FYI, I got it as Best Buy and it did come with a code for the Sam Flynn skin and the two additional multiplayer maps.

Now for my initial thoughts:

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the parkour movement. It sucks, blows, and stinks. I'm beginning to just barely sort of get the hang of it, but that movement plus the wonky camera is driving me nuts. Did they even bother to play-test this? Who the heck thought this was a good idea?

Now with that out of my system...

The combat isn't bad; in fact it is fun once you begin to get a handle on the combos, but that's tough to do when they're throwing foes at you like they bought them by the gross at a dollar store and the only way to keep your health up is to bounce off of stuff and walk up walls while trying to avoid being hammered with discs. The one thing that's truly lacking is an auto-targeting feature, or at least a "point-me-at-my-next-closest-target" button.

Fortunately, the voice acting is cool, the audio is good if sparse, and the visuals are very sharp if somewhat dull.

It's maybe unfair to compare TRON: Evolution to TRON 2.0 seeing as how the two games were made in two almost completely different styles of play.

Still...

In my opinion, TRON 2.0 is superior visually, aurally, and gameplay-wise to TRON:Evolution. So far I just haven't felt a sense of wonder as I did with TRON 2.0, and that's disappointing.

Basically, TRON 2.0 was easily worth the $50 I paid for it, and I'm really glad that I only paid $30 for TRON:Evolution.

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

johnny3d
User

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 11:58 AM
Preordered my copy from amazon for the pc and got the $29 price (awsome) and ...

I think that this game was designed for platforms only (xbox & ps3). The control system for pc is terrible. The combos are almost impossible to accomplish using a keyboard unless you have 6 digits. And the worse part is that the game doesnt even recognize my Logitect Rumblepad 2! I am having to create a profile and map keys to buttons and then relearn how to use it.

I knew that this game was going to be completely different from Tron 2.0 (which I love), but I was not prepared for the platform favortism of the gameplay. The pc version is just a afterthought as far a gameplay is concerned. Short of resorting to a trainer or getting my controller to work, this game may wind up on my shoebox-of-death collection of games I dont want to play. Sadly disappointed and frustrated, but I am glad I bought it.

xalener
User

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 3:03 PM
Did they ever release a demo?

I'd have expected them to with a game like this...on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Alan: I was paged last night. Came from your dad's arcade
sam: So?
Alan: the number's been disconnected for 20 years!
Sam: THEN WHO WAS PAGER

Kapa One-Eko
User

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 4:54 PM
I overheard a conversation online while playing online (I don't have a headset for the PS3), anyway one of the guys was saying the Sam Flynn Multiplayer skin isn't available until December 14... where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

XDream
User

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 5:50 PM
just picked up my copy for the PS3, Sam multiplayer skin aint workin, anyone get theirs to work?

Kapa One-Eko
User

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 6:01 PM
Ok according to this (http://pc.ign.com/articles/113/1136432p1.html) Sam Flynn Multiplayer will be available December 13

XDream
User

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 6:17 PM
thanks for that ^

CorruptTrent01
User

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 6:18 PM
Greetings programs!

Well, I got all my copies; Wii, DS, PSP, and PS3 in one day; December 7th, and all the while picked up the Legacy soundtrack and a new TRON PS3 controller. VERY nice if you ask me.

However, Evolution thoughts. The DS version's an alright one; the PSP's really good; but the most addictive ones out of the Grid are Battle Grids and the PS3 version; they're just SO good!

BTW, if anyone wishes for a PSN add; mine's NeonYuna626. Just to state; in case anyone wishes to head onto the Grid for a match. Although I won't be doing that too often; due to leveling up my character or playing the addicitive Battle Grids. My program Omnia on Battle Grids is getting really good scuzzy data unlocked. ^_^

-+ A REVOLUTION IN THE SERVER, THE GRID CALLS... +-
-Also known as TheDarkOfNight - D and other abbreviations of said name on other websites (Skype included)-

CaptainCR
User

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 7:38 PM
got my PS3 collector's edition today! =D

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

TriggerEXE
User

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 9:51 PM
Has anyone had much luck finding the disc shards? I've found maybe 3 and I'm in chapter 8 or whatever. I am pretty good at finding hidden stuff in games, but these are very well hidden. I guess I need to get the guide to find them.

I was at the bomb factory area or whatever last night and I must have died like 20 times trying to run and jump off a couple walls. You have to do these perectly, or you fall and die. Its very frustrating.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

ctellis156
User

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 9:54 PM
i think ive got the first two so far, lol but i dont think im very far into the game, mainly been playing online mp, i think ive died more in this game that any game ive played before, not due to bad control system or anything( i love using my xbox controller on the pc) but i get going at such a pace that i misjudge something or get ahead of myself and leap to the wrong wall

cirlin
User

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 9:57 PM
johnny3d Wrote:Preordered my copy from amazon for the pc and got the $29 price (awsome) and ...

I think that this game was designed for platforms only (xbox & ps3). The control system for pc is terrible. The combos are almost impossible to accomplish using a keyboard unless you have 6 digits. And the worse part is that the game doesnt even recognize my Logitect Rumblepad 2! I am having to create a profile and map keys to buttons and then relearn how to use it.

I knew that this game was going to be completely different from Tron 2.0 (which I love), but I was not prepared for the platform favortism of the gameplay. The pc version is just a afterthought as far a gameplay is concerned. Short of resorting to a trainer or getting my controller to work, this game may wind up on my shoebox-of-death collection of games I dont want to play. Sadly disappointed and frustrated, but I am glad I bought it.

What is it about the combos that's giving you problems? I'm usually terrible at combo type stuff, but this one has been working really well. I've switched the block key to my mouse instead of ctrl, so that might be why I'm having an easier time.

IsoLine
User

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 9:58 PM
TriggerEXE Wrote:Has anyone had much luck finding the disc shards? I've found maybe 3 and I'm in chapter 8 or whatever. I am pretty good at finding hidden stuff in games, but these are very well hidden. I guess I need to get the guide to find them.

I was at the bomb factory area or whatever last night and I must have died like 20 times trying to run and jump off a couple walls. You have to do these perectly, or you fall and die. Its very frustrating.

I have found three Shards so far Trigger and I am on the Bostrum Level where I think there are two to find. All I can say is use your camera controls to look around rooms where you fight different bad guys. That is where I seem to be finding them.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

IsoLine
User

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 10:01 PM
johnny3d Wrote:Preordered my copy from amazon for the pc and got the $29 price (awsome) and ...

Oh man, sorry to hear you are having problems using the keyboard and your controller isn't recognized. I've got a XBOX 360 controller that is working like a charm for me so I have no complaints so far. My issues with the controller are my own foibles of not always remembering which buttons do what. I haven't had to use the controller on many of my games so with the exception of Lego Star Wars and TRON Evo, its getting a new lease on life.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

TriggerEXE
User

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 10:34 PM
IsoLine Wrote:I have found three Shards so far Trigger and I am on the Bostrum Level where I think there are two to find. All I can say is use your camera controls to look around rooms where you fight different bad guys. That is where I seem to be finding them.

So they're mostly hidden in the battle areas? I've found two, and one of those was pretty much in plain sight. The other was behind a bombable wall. Since you don't start out with disc bombs, I wonder if you have to start over with current abilities and find them that way.

Oh, also I just beat the game. lol Wow, that was short. Ending was kinda....meh, but I know the real ending is what happens in Tron Legacy. Still, I can't help but wonder if there are different endings, like if you get all the shards and stuff.

I wish Anon had a voice. Its kinda lame for them to just leave his audio blank. I know its kinda standard to make the hero silent so its more like its YOU playing it, but thats lame.

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

Beefkiller
User

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 10:35 PM
got the PC and PS3 version. I can only play PC until I get a PS3.. Man controlling from a keyboard can be a pain. but so far its awesome.

PC Username: User_Beefkiller

"Like the man says, there's no problems, only solutions. " ~ Kevin Flynn

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 10:56 PM
Got my PC copy today!order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

BountyHunter
User

on Friday, December, 10, 2010 3:33 AM
Just curious if any Canadians have seen this in the store yet? I know the release date was changed (for some stupid reason or another) for us Canada types, but sometimes stores screw up.

I went into Walmart the other day, and they had all their Tron Evolution ad posters up. I got all excited and thought maybe somebody had messed up and put the game out early or something, or the release date got changed back to the orignal date. I rushed down to Home Entertainment!!!

No games.

I asked them why they had the posters advertising the games up then. Got a bunch of blank stares.

Stupid Walmart.

Anyway, glad some of you seem to be enjoying it. Hope I will (in twenty freaking days. :P)
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

johnny3d
User

on Friday, December, 10, 2010 9:43 AM
cirlin Wrote:What is it about the combos that's giving you problems? I'm usually terrible at combo type stuff, but this one has been working really well. I've switched the block key to my mouse instead of ctrl, so that might be why I'm having an easier time.

Hmm, I will give that a try, because for me, trying to hold down two keys at once while moving was getting a little frustrating. I tried the online play and that was blast, plus you gain experience points that can help your character in story mode.

Thanks for the tip!
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

XDream
User

on Friday, December, 10, 2010 12:13 PM
Canadian release date was always the same, Amazon had screwed up.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 TRON EVO!!! WHO GOT THEIR COPY