TRON: Evolution 
 TRON EVO!!! WHO GOT THEIR COPY

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
jimboonie
User

RE: TRON EVO!!! WHO GOT THEIR COPY

on Wednesday, December, 08, 2010 2:00 PM
I've been reading comments and reviews on this game at work all day. So far they are lukewarm at best. Tron 2.0 can't even be compared to this game. Tron Evolution seems like it will be just the same movie->game garbage that we've seen a million times before. Too bad. I may have to acquire this game by some other means then. A shame. But, I am not surprised in the least.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, December, 08, 2010 2:05 PM

Tron Unit Wrote:
I just opened my collectors edition and looked at the lightcycle. What a joke. I'm pretty disappointed with the quality. Sideshow Collectibles has made some impressive collectibles in the past but this looks cheap. It's just cheap vacu-molded plastic. So not worth the extra $70 for this.

Pretty much expected this. The CE looked like a rip-off from the beginning. That's why I wasn't annoyed when there wasn't one for the PC version. Spent $30 on my copy, and saved myself from wasting an extra $100 on it.

And the game itself, Single Player at least, simply isn't very good. Maybe Multiplayer will help make up for that. It sure is pretty to look at, though.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

DevourTheLiving
User

on Wednesday, December, 08, 2010 2:21 PM
Tron Unit Wrote:I'm on level 6 "Maintenance Level" and I am completely frustrated with running up the walls and jumping like Spider-Man. I just cannot get this game control at all. It's so incredibly frustrating. This is not Tron, it's Spider-Man meets The Matrix. I am so disappointed.

More like Prince of Persia meets the Matrix. I haven't had much trouble with the platforming, though, honestly.

I enjoy the game quite a bit, but I do definitely recognize its failings.

Tony1
User

on Wednesday, December, 08, 2010 2:55 PM
TRON: Evolution -- Strictly For Hardcore Fans

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/709061/TRON-Evolution----Strictly-For-Hardcore-Fans.htmlwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

cirlin
User

on Wednesday, December, 08, 2010 3:21 PM
jimboonie Wrote:I may have to acquire this game by some other means then. A shame. But, I am not surprised in the least.

I really hope this does not refer to an intention to pirate the game. If we are fans of Tron and we want more Tron to be produced, we simply must show them that by opening our pocket books.

These games and opening weekend for the movie are the critical times for this franchise. If even people who are big enough fans to frequent web sites devoted to Tron won't do their part to make it profitable, then there aren't going to be any other games, or movies or tv shows. They won't have the chance to make a game more to your liking because they will not see any reason to make any more.

I am sorry if I am misunderstanding your statement, and no undue offense is meant. Hopefully you just meant borrowing or renting the game. I'm just very aware of how thin of ice Tron is on, and how critical this next few weeks is to its future.

RenegadeProgram
User

on Wednesday, December, 08, 2010 3:32 PM
Greetings, IsoLine:

Got mine yesterday around 5:30pm. I had pre-ordered it a few months ago for the PS3. The guy at Gamestop offered me the COOL glowing controller, but unfortunately, funds are tight, so I wasn't able to get it (would have totalled $113 with the game). Will the glowing PS3 controller be available after new years?

I've only been able to play a few minutes of it. Unfortunately, I don't have a 3D equipped TV, but I do have HD and DAMN! The graphics are NICE!!!! The control scheme is a little frustrating though - I've already started over like 5 times, LOL!!!!!!! as the game keeps track of things like how many times you get derezzed.

I'll download the Quorra skin for my 4-year old Daughter who wants to play. How are the graphics on the PSP version?

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

jonwes
User

on Wednesday, December, 08, 2010 4:00 PM
Sad more people aren't liking the game. Maybe I just have different expectations for games based on movies. To me, this is one of the best I've played. Especially when compared to games like Iron Man 2. Bleargh, what a wreck that was.

It is a bit repetitive, but that's how a lot of games are. I think there's a lot of fun to be had in that sort of game. Now, it's not for everyone. But I enjoy this kind of game from time to time. Games like Mass Effect are what I'd hold up as an ideal sort of video game, and T:E definitely doesn't approach those heights... but I never expected it would.

The reality is games that aren't based on existing properties take years and years of development and can cost as much as a movie to make. They are expected to sell tons and tons of units. Licensed games will never be that. It's not Tron 2.0. It never was going to be. So rather than talk about what it isn't, I think it's best to look at what it is.

Now, if someone doesn't like that... well, more power to them. But I think it's a lot of fun and the developers are to be commended for making this good in such a small amount of time.
If anyone wants to experience a truly terrible licensed game, play The Golden Compass... or look at some of the YouTube videos of Doctor Who Wii game. Yikes!j

My hope is that if T:E does well then they might develop a game independent of the movie series at some point.

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

neomanga
User

on Wednesday, December, 08, 2010 4:05 PM
Has anyone gotten the DS version of it so far? I wonder what that one is like. I unfortionetly haven't been able to get any of the games yet. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

User_Program
User

on Wednesday, December, 08, 2010 4:17 PM
cirlin Wrote:
jimboonie Wrote:I may have to acquire this game by some other means then. A shame. But, I am not surprised in the least.

I really hope this does not refer to an intention to pirate the game. If we are fans of Tron and we want more Tron to be produced, we simply must show them that by opening our pocket books.

These games and opening weekend for the movie are the critical times for this franchise. If even people who are big enough fans to frequent web sites devoted to Tron won't do their part to make it profitable, then there aren't going to be any other games, or movies or tv shows. They won't have the chance to make a game more to your liking because they will not see any reason to make any more.

I am sorry if I am misunderstanding your statement, and no undue offense is meant. Hopefully you just meant borrowing or renting the game. I'm just very aware of how thin of ice Tron is on, and how critical this next few weeks is to its future.

I do agree with you on stealing. You are very wrong in thinking they make these games for the fans...that truly is laughable! As for the movies thats something very different. There was a game and money was spent. Fans even said they wouldn't mind spending more money for an expansion. Well everyone got stonewalled! Still the fans stayed with no support except for a hand full that brought us what they could, which I'm grateful!

Not once did I hear Disney or anyone involved in this new game ask the "fans" what they would like to see...no I know they don't make these games for the fans. Also when you make garbage most people won't buy it. Only die hards will buy it.

You know I was lucky and happened to win my copy of EVO but MAN I would have been pretty pissed if I was a teen and didn't know how movies made into game didn't work or for that fact how Disney works and spend 60 buck on garbage.

Even though I do not condone stealing, I will not surprise me one bit if people pirate this game and I'm sure will will not hurt there sales in the least. Can you tell I'm still mad from 2.0
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

jimboonie
User

on Wednesday, December, 08, 2010 4:20 PM
cirlin Wrote:
I really hope this does not refer to an intention to pirate the game

No no. If I went that route I could've had the game a week ago. It's been floating around for a while. Honestly, I'm not sure if I will play it at all. Someone else made a good point in that they may wait to play after the movie. If I play this and I hate it it will mess with my perception on the 17th.

The PC version is only $29. I can't believe the console versions are double the price! I'm still waiting for Gamespot to post a review for this and Battle Grids. They haven't led me astray in many years.

/holdingpattern
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Troy
User

on Wednesday, December, 08, 2010 4:23 PM
Hey guys, been a longtime lurker and after seeing a lot of the response in this thread, felt that it was time to register up and post. I've been anticipating the game pretty eagerly since day one of the hype machine began and I have to say, after reading a lot of the reviews that started trickling out last week and some of the response to the game, I was actually on the fence about picking it up yesterday.

In the midst of Christmas shopping last night, I figured why not and ended up picking it up and giving it a chance last night... and I'm unbelievably glad that I did.

Yes, the concerns about the platforming control and the wonky camera are extremely valid and there are instances of jumping from one platform to a hanging ledge that you'll end up having to perform a good dozen times before finally getting it. But honestly, it reminds me quite a bit of the old school NES days, after plunging Mario to his certain doom a good twenty times, once you figure out the trick and exact timing, you'll be completing the move in your sleep.

Honestly, to me after ending up hooked last night and playing for several hours in a row, the big draw to the game is the multiplayer. Man was I having fun in the Deathmatch free for all, figuring out strategy to derez folks and still sneak away to power up my life and not allowing them to do so. The multiplayer is really the big draw here, I'm not going to lie. And while the single player campaign has (so far) provided a good foundation on the backstory leading into the film, my real motivation for playing through the single player missions is to level up my multiplayer character.

And above all that... the game is SO slick. It looks beautiful. Yes, it's repetitious which I hear a lot of the complaints mentioning unanimously, but at the same time - it's repeating something that it does fairly well. The character animation isn't quite there in the cutscenes but again - that's not the real draw to the game. The cutscenes in the first Mass Effect were pretty wooden too, but as long as you're having fun in the game and the story, who cares if the faces look a little flat?

Anyway, sad to hear a lot of the negativity now that I've played it for myself (and will most likely be playing pretty frequently over the next few weeks and months).

Also, I'd suggest not basing your opinions of the game off of the in-store demo. I actually gave the Best Buy XBox demo a spin on Monday before the game's release and the controls were even worse and the response time was extremely lagged. It definitely felt like the demo might have been a work in progress (and the graphics seemed aliased and jaggy compared to the final version of the game).

Anyone else pick up the Best Buy version and your DLC code isn't working? I've emailed Propaganda to see what's going on, sounds like I'm not the only one...

Troy, He Fights for the Users
Still Playing with Toys - Comics, Movies, Pop Culture, Free Cake

xistence
User

on Wednesday, December, 08, 2010 4:27 PM
cirlin Wrote:I really hope this does not refer to an intention to pirate the game. If we are fans of Tron and we want more Tron to be produced, we simply must show them that by opening our pocket books.

Sorry if i'm sound a bit harsh (otherwise just ignore my post), but this is something i won't agree with. For sure, pirating a game is a total fail (i did game developing for a company; spending about 12 hours each day, hardcore coding, is much work but not much fun). But: i won't spend money on products that might be loosly produced, this is as bad as pirating a game. I know both perspectives so far, and i can't accept neither pirating nor bad product management.
If we want more 'Tron'-stuff, we can buy it (if it is worth the money) or do it ourself. Just paying money for bad developed stuff just shows the company: 'hey, regardless what kind of dump you create, i'll buy it'. That way they know, they don't have to show real intention to create a good product.
And if we look, how many games are released these days with tons of bugs, or with low quality; well we're already at that point where companies are not really intrested to enjoy anyone anymore, just to make fast money.

Just my two cents about it.

VECTOR INVADER
User

on Wednesday, December, 08, 2010 5:01 PM
I don't know how you guys sleep at night.
hmmm, stealing effects other people.

THE VIDEO CRAZE

cirlin
User

on Wednesday, December, 08, 2010 5:04 PM
jimboonie Wrote:
cirlin Wrote:
I really hope this does not refer to an intention to pirate the game

No no. If I went that route I could've had the game a week ago. It's been floating around for a while. Honestly, I'm not sure if I will play it at all. Someone else made a good point in that they may wait to play after the movie. If I play this and I hate it it will mess with my perception on the 17th.

The PC version is only $29. I can't believe the console versions are double the price! I'm still waiting for Gamespot to post a review for this and Battle Grids. They haven't led me astray in many years.

/holdingpattern
Oh good. Now I feel better

That is a good thought about waiting until after the movie to play it. I don't think it would negatively impact someones opinion of the film, but then I'm enjoying the game for the most part.

I have both Evolution for PC (yeah, $30 for PC, or $60 for Xbox? I think that's the definition of a "no brainer" if you have an even half-way decent computer) and Battle Grids for Wii. So far I am enjoying both a lot in different ways. I'll try to post mini-reviews soon in case anyone is interested.

Dukmiester2
User

on Wednesday, December, 08, 2010 5:08 PM
Hi all! I guess I must have registered about the time of Tron 2.0 and haven't been around much since then. Well, even with the less than stellar feedback from people who have played the game, I just HAD to have it myself!

I actually really liked Tron 2.0. I don't consider myself a "die-hard fan", but a fan of Tron none the less. Anyhow, got my copy for PC last night (12-7-2010) from Direct2Drive.

Was late when the download finished, so haven't played much yet. It's definitely got a lot of influence from Mirror's Edge, and other than the story and the graphics, it reminds me more of Mirror's Edge than a Tron game.

Still, I'm going to give it a fair chance. I just hope Disney doesn't totally abandon this game like they did 2.0.

Well, I'm off to play some more Tron Evo,
Bye for now...

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Win 7 Pro 64 bit
AMD Phenom II 940 3Ghz Corsair 4gig Dominator pc8500
2x eVGA GTX 260 Core216 SC 896MB SLI SB Audigy SE
Forceware 260.99
Samsung 204B LCD 20" Display
2x WD 1T Black Caviars in RAID 0,2x WD 1T Black Caviars RAID 1
Thermaltake Toughpower 850 Watt PSU Antec 900 Case

tron_man_63304
User

on Wednesday, December, 08, 2010 8:16 PM

(no comment too busy playing TRON: EVO)

Back by Unpopular Demand.

ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, December, 08, 2010 9:13 PM
My copy for PC has been ordered from Amazon.com and I am waiting impatiently for it to get here. I will edit this post when it does.

EDIT: The game showed up! Unfortunately, it's running REALLY SLOWLY. I haven't even managed to reach the second objective in story mode yet.....where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

ctellis156
User

on Wednesday, December, 08, 2010 10:46 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:I got the PC version and I'm loving every bit of it so far!

My Games for Windows Live Gamertag is TRONdll, add me and let me know who you are via a Tron-Sector PM!
good match tonight, i think you were the only once half way close to matching up with me lol our lil standoff blocking matches were funorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Tony1
User

on Wednesday, December, 08, 2010 11:13 PM
The more I play this game, the more my prior slightly negative opinion is changing. It just takes a few hours to get used to it is all.

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 12:37 AM
Best Buy is having a sale...

Buy Tron Legacy for any platform, get $20 off any Razor.

That's Razor as in: I use an electric Razor every morning to shave my beard.

Maybe the razors use light discs instead of blades?

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 TRON EVO!!! WHO GOT THEIR COPY