TRON: LEGACY 
 A Question about Quorra *MAJOR SPOILERS!!!*

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 4 Pages
Scottn
User

RE: A Question about Quorra *MAJOR SPOILERS!!!*

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 7:55 PM
I didn't think of it that way, but that's interesting.

TRON FANS
www.tronfans.com

Kat
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 9:11 PM
LWSrocks Wrote:You know, that's reasonable, but I don't want to see that happen, for Olivia Wilde's sake. If that DID happen, she would become known for ever as playing bisexual characters after this and Number 13 on House.
Ah, true. Sucks to be a typecast actor.

But the more I think about it, the more I think it makes sense that programs wouldn't be held by constraints of heterosexuality...if they don't reproduce (and I'm still willing to bet strongly they don't; it wouldn't make much sense) then there isn't much of a biological reason to be hetero, so...they can do whatever they want!

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

scifichicx
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 11:20 PM
Kat Wrote:
LWSrocks Wrote:You know, that's reasonable, but I don't want to see that happen, for Olivia Wilde's sake. If that DID happen, she would become known for ever as playing bisexual characters after this and Number 13 on House.

But the more I think about it, the more I think it makes sense that programs wouldn't be held by constraints of heterosexuality...if they don't reproduce (and I'm still willing to bet strongly they don't; it wouldn't make much sense) then there isn't much of a biological reason to be hetero, so...they can do whatever they want!

I think there may be functional reasons for program sex. Things like data or energy transfer between programs might have a sexual aspect to them. If that's the case, it's all the more reason for programs to be bisexual because they might want to (or need to?) interface with any given program.

Seems to me like it would be less about boy and girl parts and more about syncing up the circuits. But there's male/female all the time in computers and they are only compatible with the opposite. (Unless you have an adapter- but now we're getting kinky!) Hard to say for sure, but I think programs wouldn't have any concept of a set sexuality or monogamy as a social standard.

DarthMeow504
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 4:06 AM
Kat Wrote:Aw, shit, I'm going back to school to become a geek goddess! Doubt I could minor in looking like Cindy Morgan though.

Well if you were single you could be my geek goddess, that position remains sadly unfilled. But since you said you had a partner already, I'll just congratulate you and hope that s/he is smart enough to treat you as good as you deserve. Smart, geeky women are a rare and precious thing.

Kat
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 12:50 PM
scifichicx Wrote:Things like data or energy transfer between programs might have a sexual aspect to them.
It always occurred to me that on the Grid, two programs getting it on may very well experience an energy transfer at "the critical moment." Either one to the other, or some sort of trippy energy loop if it happened to both at the same time...

DarthMeow504 Wrote:
Kat Wrote:Aw, shit, I'm going back to school to become a geek goddess! Doubt I could minor in looking like Cindy Morgan though.

Well if you were single you could be my geek goddess, that position remains sadly unfilled. But since you said you had a partner already, I'll just congratulate you and hope that s/he is smart enough to treat you as good as you deserve. Smart, geeky women are a rare and precious thing.
Meh, I'm not geeky enough to make me happy. I'm just not one of those kids who grew up taking apart a Commodore or anything like most geeky computer folks seem to be. Always been more of the artsy type; I could sing you to heaven but damned if I can remember my root password.. My cousin and I played around on AOL chatrooms in middle school, I fought with a WebTV in high school and lamented its lack of memory tht would allow me to download AIM and talk to my friends, we didn't have a computer at our house until my senior year of high school (much to the chagrin of my senior-year English teacher every time I turned in a handwritten paper). I should've majored in computer science in college, or at least taken more classes (F'in Communications, can you believe it? Well, I still dont' know what I want to do when I grow up and somewhere in my misguided brain I thought Comm would be useful for everything, what a joke, but of course, now that I remember I have to hit grad school some day, it kinda needs to be something USEFUL and I hope I don't have to get half another Bachelor's in pre-reqs to be able to get into any Master's program). Though FWIW, computer sci department at my college was flaky (my ex DID major in that, and ended up taking some classes at a local community college too), so it wasn't entirely a bad choice. Always been a bit interested in InfoSec, though. LOL, now that we've gone down the highway of Regret 101...

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

DarthMuppet
User

on Friday, January, 07, 2011 5:42 PM
Olivia talked about her take on the Quorra/Sam relationship in this interview:

http://movies.about.com/od/tron/a/Olivia-Wilde-Tron-Legacy.htm

If we do get a sequel, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that Sam and Quorra are a couple by then. That would also raise the stakes quite a bit. TPTB wouldn't have to sacrifice any screen time showing the formation of that relationship and the two characters would have much more to lose if something happened to either one of them.

Tron Fanatic
User

on Friday, January, 07, 2011 6:09 PM
HooDooMan Wrote:From what I gleaned out of that interview with the screenwriters, there was a kind of one-for-one even trade with Quorra using Kevin's basic components that were suspended in the laser to create a physical being based on her very special (triple helix) digital DNA.

Wait a minute... does that mean that in the physical sense, she's made from Kevin's molecules?

Oh boy... and there goes Sam's lunch into the toilet.

'>

ShadowDragon1
User

on Friday, January, 07, 2011 8:27 PM
The digitization/materialization system used the basic matter components (H2o, carbon, etc etc) stored in the contaiment canisters around the base of the Shiva laser, it did not use Flynn's specific dna pattern or his exact genes. The system extrapolated from Quorra's own digital DNA and just used the matter in containment and arranged them accordingly. So Quorra is in no way genetically related to Sam.

Just as a ST: tNG's Replicator materializes a bowl of vanilla ice cream and later a piece of sirloin steak. The steak isn't genetically directly related to the damn bowl of ice cream.... :/

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Daft Tron
User

on Friday, January, 07, 2011 8:34 PM
scifichicx Wrote:
Kat Wrote:

I think there may be functional reasons for program sex. Things like data or energy transfer between programs might have a sexual aspect to them. If that's the case, it's all the more reason for programs to be bisexual because they might want to (or need to?) interface with any given program.

Seems to me like it would be less about boy and girl parts and more about syncing up the circuits. But there's male/female all the time in computers and they are only compatible with the opposite. (Unless you have an adapter- but now we're getting kinky!) Hard to say for sure, but I think programs wouldn't have any concept of a set sexuality or monogamy as a social standard.

You are such a pervert, you know that

andybucts
User

on Sunday, January, 16, 2011 5:29 PM
ChessMess Wrote:Sam should take her to an Apple store.

Sam really should. That will be Tron 3's plot.

andybucts
User

on Sunday, January, 16, 2011 5:37 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:The digitization/materialization system used the basic matter components (H2o, carbon, etc etc) stored in the contaiment canisters around the base of the Shiva laser, it did not use Flynn's specific dna pattern or his exact genes. The system extrapolated from Quorra's own digital DNA and just used the matter in containment and arranged them accordingly. So Quorra is in no way genetically related to Sam.

Just as a ST: tNG's Replicator materializes a bowl of vanilla ice cream and later a piece of sirloin steak. The steak isn't genetically directly related to the damn bowl of ice cream.... :/

Quorra is not genetically related to Sam but I think they are MUTUALLY RELATED. It's an abvious thing though.

Imbroglio
User

on Sunday, January, 16, 2011 6:01 PM
Isn't sex a topic that has been deemed inappropriate and forbidden in this forum?

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Sunday, January, 16, 2011 6:15 PM
I dunno if this has been said, but it is quite clear how it happened. When her arm is derezzed, Kevin fixes her by accessing her digital DNA through her ID disc. The miracle of being an ISO was they they had literal DNA in computer form. The application of this would be that people could come onto the grid, have their DNA converted to data, and then diseases and other ailments could be fixed through coding. Then, re-rez in the real world, be cured. This same principle works on her as an ISO. The fact that she has DNA meant that the laser could actually construct her as a living being.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

-==[ www.boba-fettuccini.com ]==-

e8hffff
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 12:01 AM
I wonder if her name is based on the word 'Quorum,' which is used in computer terminology, especially database themes.

Quorum='n : a gathering of the minimal number of members of an organization to conduct business '

terrychoichelsea
User

on Sunday, January, 23, 2011 1:55 AM
Kat Wrote:Okay, and next question...where did Quorra's CLOTHES come from? (And Sam's for that matter--you remember they were quite destroyed and disposed of in dressing scene.)

and then, why does Sam materialize back in the "secret" office but Quorra shows up on the street outside? (and yes, I think she did; I don't think it was a case of her going up to wait for him while he did the "save on memory stick" thing--because when he comes out, he looks surprised to see her, like he either forgot she came with him, or didn't expect her to get through)
I don't think Sam was that surprised to see Quorra. After Quorra said "What's next, Sam?" he said in a calm manner: "I guess we supposed to change the world."

If he really surprised by that, he won't behave like that.

I thought about the whole "Sam in office and Quorra outside" thing too, but at the end i think's it just bad planning by the director again. The whole scene was designed just to give some "surprise" to fans that Quorra can change to human, which of course failed to deliver. lol

But if the story is going on as the timeline goes, surely Alan should have notice Quorra. Alan was inside the arcade and Quorra was outside. Alan must have seen Quorra in some process, then Alan should ask Sam:"Who's the woman on the outside?" But it looks like if Alan didn't notice Quorra at all.

At the end it's just another bad plot.

About the clothes thing, i simply think all rubber-stamp clothes in The Grid was designed by Kevin Flynn that it can change back to normal wears in the real world.

FirstPrevious Page: of 4 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 A Question about Quorra *MAJOR SPOILERS!!!*