TRON: LEGACY 
 A Question about Quorra *MAJOR SPOILERS!!!*

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
Sark_2.0
User

on Thursday, December, 23, 2010 11:26 AM
In case the subject didn't warn you enough, what I'm about to ask refers to major spoilers regarding Quorra, so if you don't want to know about her fate by movie's end, stop now!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
!

Okay, that's enough warning.

I didn't see any other thread mentioning this, so I thought I'd bring it up: how exactly could Quorra be pulled into the real world and still survive? Unlike Kevin and Sam, who are already flesh and blood and just had their bodies digitized and reverse-digitized to pass in and out of the computer world, Quorra should've been pure code. Wouldn't her "body" just dissolve into so much digital flotsam since there's no physical shell to contain her?

Mind you, I might've missed some details as to what exactly Kevin Flynn knew that had Clu convinced he could send himself and his massive army into the real world; I'll be seeing the movie again soon, so I'll make sure to keep a look out for it. But, assuming it wasn't really explained, I can't figure out how Quorra could've become human. Her status as an ISO shouldn't have mattered either; she may have evolved independently of Kevin Flynn's work on developing the Grid, but she'd still be just data, albeit unique.

If I missed something about this, please fill in the blanks for me. Also, I'd love to hear any theories you may have.

Wugmanmax
User

RE: A Question about Quorra *MAJOR SPOILERS!!!*

on Thursday, December, 23, 2010 11:35 AM
People are just dust and elements, man. Its the soul or spirit that makes us unique.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

http://www.10mfh.com, a great place to read nerdy stuff!

Sub-Odeon
User

on Thursday, December, 23, 2010 12:13 PM
According to the "science" of the original movie, the molecules of a digitized object or person remained suspended in the beam of the digitizing laser until the computer "plays out the model" for the digitized object, and the molecules collapse back into place.

It's essentially the transporter idea from Star Trek.

As to how Quorra could be made real from nothing but ISO code, who knows? Since the whole digitizing process is fantasy anyway, I chose to ignore this problem. Maybe they'll try and explain it in the third movie.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

toasteroven
User

on Thursday, December, 23, 2010 12:16 PM
Flynn's matter was suspended in the laser. Clu likely intended to do what Quorra did - use that matter to enter the real world. Speculation, but then Clu would have to zap some more matter to bring his army after him.

DarthMeow504
User

on Sunday, December, 26, 2010 4:15 AM
Tron Unit Wrote:I find it amusing that Flynn has the laser in the basement of the arcade. It already consumes a lot of power to run the arcade machines and lights but the amount of power that laser would consume would be massive. Not something you could simply plug into a standard 120v power outlet. I'd hate to see his monthly electric bill.

Once an object is digitized, it can be altered at will inside the Grid. That means transmuting it to energy, if desired. He could have run the thing on garbage.

IMAGinES
User

on Sunday, December, 26, 2010 6:33 AM
Tron Unit Wrote:I find it amusing that Flynn has the laser in the basement of the arcade. It already consumes a lot of power to run the arcade machines and lights but the amount of power that laser would consume would be massive. Not something you could simply plug into a standard 120v power outlet. I'd hate to see his monthly electric bill.

Me, I'd have hated to see his freaking monthly paycheque. Well, not so much hated as wept. He probably even had a "Next Big Thing" slush fund which covered the bills.

Fortune Favour You,

IMAGinES

cirlin
User

on Sunday, December, 26, 2010 9:28 AM
Sub-Odeon Wrote:According to the "science" of the original movie, the molecules of a digitized object or person remained suspended in the beam of the digitizing laser until the computer "plays out the model" for the digitized object, and the molecules collapse back into place.

As to how Quorra could be made real from nothing but ISO code, who knows? Since the whole digitizing process is fantasy anyway, I chose to ignore this problem. Maybe they'll try and explain it in the third movie.

Keep in mind that that was how the first laser worked. This is a totally new one and no one has said it works exactly the same. A recent interview with the screenwriters had them talking about the cylinders attached to the laser being where various materials are held and used for the digitizing/un-digitizing.

HooDooMan
User

on Sunday, December, 26, 2010 12:09 PM
cirlin Wrote:
Sub-Odeon Wrote:According to the "science" of the original movie, the molecules of a digitized object or person remained suspended in the beam of the digitizing laser until the computer "plays out the model" for the digitized object, and the molecules collapse back into place.

As to how Quorra could be made real from nothing but ISO code, who knows? Since the whole digitizing process is fantasy anyway, I chose to ignore this problem. Maybe they'll try and explain it in the third movie.

Keep in mind that that was how the first laser worked. This is a totally new one and no one has said it works exactly the same. A recent interview with the screenwriters had them talking about the cylinders attached to the laser being where various materials are held and used for the digitizing/un-digitizing.

From what I gleaned out of that interview with the screenwriters, there was a kind of one-for-one even trade with Quorra using Kevin's basic components that were suspended in the laser to create a physical being based on her very special (triple helix) digital DNA.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

BigbadMCP
User

on Sunday, December, 26, 2010 3:51 PM
IMAGinES Wrote:

Me, I'd have hated to see his freaking monthly paycheque. Well, not so much hated as wept. He probably even had a "Next Big Thing" slush fund which covered the bills.

I also thought it interesting that Flynn's old arcade remained unchanged for 20 years, and that no one had bought or renovated the old property. I figured that Flynn had at some point given Alan the responsibility of maintaining the property in case anything ever happened to him.

PunkMaister
User

on Sunday, December, 26, 2010 7:46 PM
This has already been covered in a topic I created. It is assumed that she used Kevin Flynn's organic matter to constitute her body in the real world using his data disk.

Kat
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 6:30 PM
I find it amusing that Flynn has the laser in the basement of the arcade. It already consumes a lot of power to run the arcade machines and lights but the amount of power that laser would consume would be massive. Not something you could simply plug into a standard 120v power outlet. I'd hate to see his monthly electric bill.Forget THAT...why was the power in the arcade still hooked up after 20 years??? Somebody been paying the bill in all that time??? (For that matter, building still empty? I assume it was owned and not leased, and that Sam/his grandparents never sold it, for sentimental reasons?)

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

BigbadMCP
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 6:32 PM
Kat Wrote:I find it amusing that Flynn has the laser in the basement of the arcade. It already consumes a lot of power to run the arcade machines and lights but the amount of power that laser would consume would be massive. Not something you could simply plug into a standard 120v power outlet. I'd hate to see his monthly electric bill.Forget THAT...why was the power in the arcade still hooked up after 20 years??? Somebody been paying the bill in all that time??? (For that matter, building still empty? I assume it was owned and not leased, and that Sam/his grandparents never sold it, for sentimental reasons?)

I'm guessing Flynn gave instructions to Alan Bradley that if anything ever happened to him, then Alan should keep the building maintained, no questions asked (after all, Alan had the keys).where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Imbroglio
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 8:09 PM
I want to know if Quorra became completely human or is just some sort of nanotech cyborg.
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

ShadowDragon1
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 8:26 PM
Quorra is human. But may have unique properties to her genetic make-up.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

ShadowDragon1
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 8:40 PM
No she's not a "mutant". Just a human, that may have unique genetic properties. I don't expect her to have powers in the "real world" at all.

Just speculating here, but it would be interesting if she has slightly accelerated healing (not to Wolverine's level), or that removing a little bit of tissue from her, that the cells become stem cells that self-replicate/self-repair. Would be a huge benefit/breakthrough for medical science.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

ChessMess
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 9:34 PM
Sam should take her to an Apple store.

Scottn
User

on Wednesday, December, 29, 2010 12:53 AM
ChessMess Wrote:Sam should take her to an Apple store.

Oh man, she'll be trying to make conversation with an iPhone or something. where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

TRON FANS
www.tronfans.com

TriggerEXE
User

on Wednesday, December, 29, 2010 2:57 AM
After seeing the movie twice, I think I've gathered a possible answer to this. Kevin Flynn's disc contained the code that would convert digital data into physical constructs. After all, if a physical object can be digitized, who's to say the reverse isn't possible? Kevin Flynn made it possible, and I don't think its so much that she used his physical matter or whatever, as it is the code on the disc. That's why Clu was after it after all. If it was any user's disc he needed, he could have just used Sam's. He didn't, so its all about Kevin's data on the disc. In the fantasy world of this movie, programs are given human characteristics and features. The computers can just take that data and convert it into what a normal human body in their shape would look like. One of Einstein's theories is that matter can be converted to energy and vice versa. The reason he wanted to use ISOs is because they actually had digital DNA sequences close enough to match human DNA. They were self aware, sentient programs with no purpose coded into them. I'm not too sure Clu or any other Basic could have gotten out, unless he actually did use Flynn's DNA.

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

Kat
User

on Wednesday, December, 29, 2010 10:01 PM
Okay, and next question...where did Quorra's CLOTHES come from? (And Sam's for that matter--you remember they were quite destroyed and disposed of in dressing scene.)

and then, why does Sam materialize back in the "secret" office but Quorra shows up on the street outside? (and yes, I think she did; I don't think it was a case of her going up to wait for him while he did the "save on memory stick" thing--because when he comes out, he looks surprised to see her, like he either forgot she came with him, or didn't expect her to get through)

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, December, 29, 2010 10:16 PM
Sam wa restored to how he was when he was digitized, clothes and all.

Sam most likely went out and bought some clothes for Qourra and then returned with them and she got dressed there in the hidden room...

Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY