TRON & TRON: LEGACY Blu-Ray Release Date Revealed

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 11 PagesNextLast
IsoLine
User

RE: TRON & TRON: LEGACY Blu-Ray Release Date Revealed

on Thursday, January, 27, 2011 12:40 PM
KiaPurity Wrote:... not funny, guys.

Rear Window captioning = person reads captions off of a glass pane (there is a display that has backwards captioning which reflects off onto the pane as normal captioning) it's a major nuisance in terms of not having the glass pane stand fall over when watching/reading.

Open Captioning = like closed captions but not enclosed in a black box.

Closed Captioning = white text in a black box. If you enable captions on your tv, you will see this.

Subtitles = everyone knows this one. :P CC/OC tends to describe sounds too, unlike subs.

Sorry for not taking this seriously Kia. Thank you for explaining it.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

typicaltronname
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2011 1:04 PM

Rear Window captioning = person reads captions off of a glass pane (there is a display that has backwards captioning which reflects off onto the pane as normal captioning) it's a major nuisance in terms of not having the glass pane stand fall over when watching/reading.

Closed Captioning = white text in a black box. If you enable captions on your tv, you will see this.

Subtitles = everyone knows this one. :P CC/OC tends to describe sounds too, unlike subs.

Yeah, Likewise, My intention was not to make it a joke. Apologies if I offended anyone

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Gnoop
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2011 1:18 PM
A double-dip might make sense.

Here's one thought. Given the potential Tron 3 teaser rumor, Disney may leave the teaser off the basic release and watch sales. Later, they can throw it in a special edition release with the 3rd movie trailer once they've got a better idea on whether to go forward with the 3rd.

Disc Warrior
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2011 1:20 PM

I wasn't trying to be funny, I was truthfully ignorant about Rear Window captioning.

typicaltronname
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2011 1:35 PM
Disc Warrior Wrote:

I wasn't trying to be funny, I was truthfully ignorant about Rear Window captioning.

Me too, I didn't know about it either.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Fygee
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2011 2:34 PM

For the record, this is the first time I've ever seen anyone get offended by a joke where the punchline involved Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly.

At any rate, according to the front page it says that the original Tron will be Blu-Ray only when sold on it's own. I'm a high-def freak so that's fine with me, but it's a little surprising. I wonder if that will change or if it's accurate.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

KiaPurity
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2011 3:06 PM
I was just stressed because I was trying to find out why Tron Legacy wasn't being oc in my area and it turned out to not be the theatre's fault but Disney's fault. (Evidently it seems that Rear Window captioning is unpopular with deaf people. Imo, it would be okay for short movies but Tron Legacy was not a short movie at all.)

Didn't help that my brother in law was giving me grief for even trying.

Sorry that I came off cranky. :/ (I realized that most of you guys may not be familiar with the caption technology out there so that's why I explained what I could!)

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Theflynnabides
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2011 4:20 PM
Since I really dislike the combination packaging, I've decided to make my own BluRay covers (Feel free to work on them and make them perfect, it would be much appreciated actually) WARNING: They're huge Actually Photobucket scaled them down. If you would like the original large copies then just pm me your email and I'll send them:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/tyler1451/tronfullcover2.png
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/tyler1451/fulltronlegacycover.png
Any input/comments/concerns are more than welcome!

Yea, well, that's just like, your opinion, man...

typicaltronname
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2011 4:25 PM
Theflynnabides Wrote:Since I really dislike the combination packaging, I've decided to make my own BluRay covers (Feel free to work on them and make them perfect, it would be much appreciated actually) WARNING: They're huge Actually Photobucket scaled them down. If you would like the original large copies then just pm me your email and I'll send them:

These are cool!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Thursday, January, 27, 2011 5:27 PM
Posted this morning on the home/news page: Blu-Ray.com lists that the US release date has been set for April 5th -- with the movies being offered in the following video formats:

-- TRON: LEGACY - Blu-Ray 3-D/Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy

-- 1982 TRON Movie: Blu-Ray

* Update: Blu-Ray.com has now pulled the release date off of their site - most likely not due to any inaccuracy, but instead that it revealed the street date in the same way Amazon.com, etc. has for certain releases before the official announcement of the release date was made, and were then asked to pull it.

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

Theflynnabides
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2011 5:33 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:These are cool!

Thanks! I got the idea from NickyTea's post in this thread: http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=400759&pg=1

Can't get the Legacy cover just right though.

Yea, well, that's just like, your opinion, man...

KiaPurity
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2011 9:08 PM
...wait, what, the information was recalled?

I'm confused.

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Thursday, January, 27, 2011 9:09 PM
KiaPurity Wrote:...wait, what, the information was recalled?

I'm confused.

Yes -- here's an update I posted earlier:

* Update: Blu-Ray.com has now pulled the release date off of their site - most likely not due to any inaccuracy, but instead that it revealed the street date in the same way Amazon.com, etc. has for certain releases before the official announcement of the release date was made, and were then asked to pull it.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

KiaPurity
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2011 9:31 PM
Ugh. Why doesn't Disney just announce the date already?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

c1
User

on Friday, January, 28, 2011 9:32 AM
In the history of film releases, has this ever happened before where the part 1 of a film is out of print while the part 2 is in print?

What will the impact be for patient people waiting for the release so they can get a copy of the original Tron?

I can anticipate higher sales, I mean, it is not like the Karate Kids films weren't available when the new one came out. When they bundle the original Tron with Legacy, sales can go up.

This might mean green light for TR3N.

It is sad that Disney held back the original for legacy, in all respects you really do need to see the original to make Legacy better I believe, to fully understand it.

Also, how do streaming services like Netflix take into account for sales? Does Disney get a cut everytime someone 'adds to queue?'

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, January, 28, 2011 6:07 PM
Last I heard, Tron wasn't streamable on Netflix. I could be wrong. o_Owhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

cool83
User

on Saturday, January, 29, 2011 10:55 AM
Could indicate a longer run. May help out the "Viral Tron Weekend Campaign", from another thread.

RenegadeProgram
User

on Sunday, January, 30, 2011 10:25 PM
Theflynnabides Wrote:Since I really dislike the combination packaging, I've decided to make my own BluRay covers (Feel free to work on them and make them perfect, it would be much appreciated actually) WARNING: They're huge Actually Photobucket scaled them down. If you would like the original large copies then just pm me your email and I'll send them:

BADASS!!!!!! I'm diggin' it, Man. See DVD makers how easy it is to make a COOL DVD cover? Doesn't take much!

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

Logansneo
User

on Sunday, January, 30, 2011 11:35 PM

Definitely bad-ass! They look like the kind of covers you'd see from some uber-special edition.

Compucore
User

on Monday, January, 31, 2011 12:56 AM
Well what if you only have a DVD player and no Blu-ray?? Then what you can only see tron and not tron legacy?
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

FirstPrevious Page: of 11 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
  TRON & TRON: LEGACY Blu-Ray Release Date Revealed