TRON: LEGACY 
 CLU's Orbs

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
ettercap
User

CLU's Orbs

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 7:45 PM
I've been pondering the orbs that CLU plays with while Rinzler is battling Sam in the arena. They seem to be linked to the action going on - especially since when CLU changes the direction he's turning the orbs the gravity shifts in the court. However he wasn't using them during any of the other matches, and we don't see them again when Rinzler is present at any other time, so I'm wondering what the orbs do/represent.

Thoughts? Insights?

01000101 01001110 01000100 0010000001001111 01000110 00100000 0100110001001001 01001110 01000101 00101110
Box Full of Sky

typicaltronname
User

RE: CLU's Orbs

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 7:51 PM
Apparently, they control Rinzler and the Arena. They didn't make their intention very obvious. AT ALL. Which is pretty lame

It's talked about in detail here

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

ettercap
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 8:08 PM
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

01000101 01001110 01000100 0010000001001111 01000110 00100000 0100110001001001 01001110 01000101 00101110
Box Full of Sky

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 8:17 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:Apparently, they control Rinzler and the Arena. They didn't make their intention very obvious. AT ALL. Which is pretty lame

It's talked about in detail here

The arena's gravity shifts according to a rotating circle on the wall with one arrow on it. When the arrow is pointing straight up, the gravity pulls upwards, and when the arrow points straight down, the gravity pulls downwards. I'm pretty sure the orbs don't control Rinzler, either. It's possible that Clu had a hunch that Sam was a user (being UNKNOWN and all), and was using the orbs as a stress reliever.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 9:29 PM
The orbs are meditative and they also remotely switch the gravity inside the chamber that's all. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Kat
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 10:37 PM
Between this thread, which I assume will quickly transition to a discussion about Quorra's and Gem's orbs, and the other one talking about Clu playing with his balls, I am now off to call a tow truck to haul my mind out of the gutter (which may or may not be removing it from its natural habitat, I dunno).abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Icon57
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 10:43 PM
Great. Now I'm thinking about Quorra and Gem's "orbs."

Actually, yeah, that's okay.

Look, guys, the orbs were nothing more than a really clumsy attempt to bind Clu and Flynn's identities together. Flynn had a set. Clu has a set. Flynn's were light. Clu's were dark. I don't think we see Flynn using them; theoretically he no longer has any need for physical exercises in his path to enlightenment or whatever whereas Clu still does.

I think they were a device--not in the sense that they controlled something but just that they telegraphed and represented the connection between Flynn and Clu. Badly.

KEEP THE LEGACY ALIVE -- TR3N LIVES
http://tr3nlives.com

View the thread: http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=401026
Development blog and more: http://spillwaybrain.wordpress.com

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 10:53 PM

Clu changed the direction he was rotating them, then orbs light up and then the gravity switched. They were controls for the simulated gravity and a means of meditation. That's all. :/

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Icon57
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 10:56 PM
Maybe they used them for the props, but they're a real thing. They're a type of Chinese meditation ball, they've got little bells inside them.. picked up a pair in Chinatown when I was in San Fransisco years ago. I should get them out again.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baoding_balls

KEEP THE LEGACY ALIVE -- TR3N LIVES
http://tr3nlives.com

View the thread: http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=401026
Development blog and more: http://spillwaybrain.wordpress.com

BluPhnix
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 11:18 PM
I have some Chinnese medicine/meditation balls too. Unfortunately, they don't mess with gravity. LOL. But yeah, in the movie, C.L.U's controlled the gravity in the arena. It took my second viewing to pick up on it. I like the intented also, to tie C.L.U to Flynn via each of their sets but I agree it definitely could have been developed better.

~*Dreamer Girl*~

ShadowDragon1
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 12:01 AM
it was "developed" fine. Every little thing doesn't need to be verbally explained in every scene. Sometimes it's better to show things visually, when one pays close attention to what is being presented or expressed, it's not that hard to figure it out or extrapolate with reason and abstraction from what is being shown, refered to, or expressed in some way.

Some things just don't require nitpicking on in my view...order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 12:07 AM
It needed more attention though. A second use of them would confirm their purpose.

Personally, I think they're Tron's testicles in protective cases. All he has to do it clack em together to remind Rinzler who's actually in charge.

-==[ www.boba-fettuccini.com ]==-

NickScratch
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 12:11 AM
They are just meditative...nothing else...

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 12:13 AM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:The orbs are meditative and they also remotely switch the gravity inside the chamber that's all.

No. In the chamber there are several circles with arrows that rotate like a clock. When they are pointing up, the gravity pulls up, and when they point down, the gravity pulls down.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 12:14 AM
this site is supposed to be "family friendly".

They're gravity control (like a remote control to switch the gravity) and meditative. It was readily apparent to me. It did not need further explaination... :/

typicaltronname
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 12:15 AM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:it was "developed" fine. Every little thing doesn't need to be verbally explained in every scene. Sometimes it's better to show things visually, when one pays close attention to what is being presented or expressed, it's not that hard to figure it out or extrapolate with reason and abstraction from what is being shown, refered to, or expressed in some way.

Some things just don't require nitpicking on in my view...

I wasn't trying to look like a nitpicker, I'm not one at all.

The reason I said that is because it leaves the audience going "so do those control Rinzler, or the Arena?" Though, they have nothing at all to do with the story, it'd be nice to know their purpose.

I'd read the Junior Novel, but I am not a fan of those at all. last one I read was for Star Wars - Ep. 3, which was liked... I think I did at least, it has been 6 years since I last read it.

Junior Novels don't expound too much on the movie. The Attack of the Clones *actual* novel was really good. Been 3 years since i read that one.

I wish there was one for Legacy, but at least we have a graphic novel.

But I digress, I hope those do control the arena, and not Rinzler. It'd weaken the story a **tiny** bit if they did.

--EDIT--

Where were Kevin Flynn's orbs, by the way? I didn't catch them at all.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

ShadowDragon1
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 12:24 AM
Flynn didn't have orbs, he had a silver and a gold metalic "Bits" up on a shelf (another kind of meditative item) next to his late 18th century style wind-up clock.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

typicaltronname
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 12:46 AM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote: Flynn didn't have orbs, he had a silver and a gold metalic "Bits" up on a shelf (another kind of meditative item) next to his late 18th century style wind-up clock.

Thanks

D-Rezzer
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 8:58 AM
Kat Wrote:Between this thread, which I assume will quickly transition to a discussion about Quorra's and Gem's orbs, and the other one talking about Clu playing with his balls, I am now off to call a tow truck to haul my mind out of the gutter (which may or may not be removing it from its natural habitat, I dunno).

When I saw CLU's orbs the first thing that came into my mind was "playing with his balls...."
Then nearly every male viewer in the theater snickered! No kidding!!!!abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

D-Rezzer
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 8:59 AM
*Double post*

sorry

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 CLU's Orbs