Collector 
 Today I got....

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 65 PagesNextLast
EXODUS
User

RE: Today I got....

on Thursday, September, 27, 2012 10:32 AM
EXODUS Wrote:Yesterday I ordered a Tron Legacy Baton from Amazon. A full scale replica of the Batons used in the film.
It wasn't cheap though-32.75, which is really quite a lot in my opinion, but it was the only one I could find there! :P

It arrived this morning (in a BIG cardboard package, which surprisingly turned out to be much bigger then it actually needed to be).

It's not bad actually-it looks like the Batons they use, and like the plastic Disks it feels good when you hold it in your hand!

However, I am (very) slightly disapointed with it, because-if truth be told-it isn't quite what I thought it would be.
I thought that it was just an actual-sized plastic replica of the movie props they used (like the plastic Sam Flynn Disks you can get). Instead, what you get is a small die-cast Lightcycle (which is quite good in itself! ) that fits into the end of the baton, and can be launched out the end using a technique which I cant quite figure out. :-S

(The fact that it fits into the end of the Baton means that the Baton itself is slightly larger then the props used in the movie, which is something else that should be noted).

This could also explains the steep price. :P

All in all, I'm quite happy with it, even though it wasn't quite what I thought it would be. :-S

BanditTron
User

on Thursday, September, 27, 2012 8:46 PM
jediknight0 Wrote:It was actually a few months back that I got my Castor figure, but I finally got around to taking some pictures of the custom case I made for him.

Basically it's a clear acrylic box but perfectly matched to the dimensions of the TRON figures. It also has a translucent blue base with an etched hexagon pattern.

More pictures here.

That is such an awesome case! If I had known I might have had you make me one for my Castor instead of having it graded. haha.

EXODUS,
I feel you on the oversized nature of the baton. I got one but once I saw it I just decided that I would leave it packaged. I am working on something right now that might turn out to make a quite decent baton replica using a store bought flashlight! I'll post up info on that as the project progresses

digit
User

on Friday, September, 28, 2012 8:52 PM
I picked up Jarvis at Big Lots. He has been sitting there all summer. No one wanted him because he is missing his clipboard thing. I finally grabbed him w/ the intention of opening him.

Overall, his articulation is disappointing. His skirt greatly limits his legs from moving, and the shoulder pads make it difficult to get him in any good disc-throwing poses.

Does anyone have an extra clipboard they are willing to part with?abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

BanditTron
User

on Wednesday, October, 03, 2012 9:44 PM
Today was a great day for me. My 2nd Sam Flynn UD Replicas jacket came in along with my 1st pair of Sam Flynn pants and boots. I got a 2nd jacket because the first one is an XS that I use for costuming only and wanted a jacket in M that I could wear casually. I got the L pants and Size 44 boots because I felt I needed to complete the suit and not just have jackets.
The pants are a bit baggy on me but they do fit with the armor padding still in so that was my main concern if I ever started to ride in the suit.

Next on my list is a smaller pair of Sam Flynn pants without armor installed to use for costuming. Just gotta save my pennies!abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

MuTron
User

on Thursday, October, 04, 2012 5:38 AM
/\ for what it's worth, I think this is utterly awesome!

BanditTron
User

on Thursday, October, 04, 2012 12:15 PM
MuTron Wrote:/\ for what it's worth, I think this is utterly awesome!

It absolutely is! I wish I had even more sizes so some of my friends could try them on and wear them. Haha

Daft Tron
User

on Thursday, October, 04, 2012 7:26 PM
jediknight0 Wrote:It was actually a few months back that I got my Castor figure, but I finally got around to taking some pictures of the custom case I made for him.

Basically it's a clear acrylic box but perfectly matched to the dimensions of the TRON figures. It also has a translucent blue base with an etched hexagon pattern.

More pictures here.

Excellent post, now this is what i mean about not having your items graded when:

1) you can do it yourself
2) not have to pay some idiots to decide the outcome of what they believe the market value is for such item(s)
3) If you know you can keep your own items in mint condition & are cautious of how you store such belongings, then it's useless to have it done by a third party.

Just my thought but again, excellent post/example.

EXODUS
User

on Monday, October, 08, 2012 3:31 PM
Can I just say how bitterly disapointed I am with Forbidden Planet.

Last year I managed to get to the Forbidden Planet store in London, which is great for collecting sci-fi/fantasy merchandise.
And they had some Tron merchandise too. It was pretty much standard Legacy stuff (die-cast vehicles, figures, etc, although they did have a stack of Sam Flynn Disks in stock).
In the end I just brought the die-cast Clu Command Ship instead.

Well, today I managed to get to the same store just to see what they (I wanted to see if I could get Rinzler's Disk, seeing how they had a stock of Sam Flynn Disks in stock the last time).

They had practiculy NOTHING!

Virtually no Tron stock at all.

They had a store full of Stars Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Super Heroes, etc but almost nothing to do with the Tron franchise.

They only had just TWO items in stock-a deluxe Tron Legacy Kevin Flynn figurine and an original Tron figurine, and these two were VERY EXPENSIVE (we're talking three-digit numbers here).
I doubt I'll go back there again. :-/

digit
User

on Monday, October, 08, 2012 4:19 PM
That does sound like it was a wasted trip. I can get Clu's command ship at five below LOL.
Well, you never know until you try.

I finally broke down and bought rinzler's disc on ebay. And sam flynn's too. Kind of the grand finale for my collection. I don't see the day coming where I ever get kevin flynn's disc, unfortunately. But two out of three isn't bad.

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

MuTron
User

on Tuesday, October, 09, 2012 4:09 PM
EXODUS Wrote:Can I just say how bitterly disapointed I am with Forbidden Planet.

Last year I managed to get to the Forbidden Planet store in London, which is great for collecting sci-fi/fantasy merchandise.
And they had some Tron merchandise too. It was pretty much standard Legacy stuff (die-cast vehicles, figures, etc, although they did have a stack of Sam Flynn Disks in stock).
In the end I just brought the die-cast Clu Command Ship instead.

Well, today I managed to get to the same store just to see what they (I wanted to see if I could get Rinzler's Disk, seeing how they had a stock of Sam Flynn Disks in stock the last time).

They had practiculy NOTHING!

Virtually no Tron stock at all.

They had a store full of Stars Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Super Heroes, etc but almost nothing to do with the Tron franchise.

They only had just TWO items in stock-a deluxe Tron Legacy Kevin Flynn figurine and an original Tron figurine, and these two were VERY EXPENSIVE (we're talking three-digit numbers here).
I doubt I'll go back there again. :-/

From what I understand from a friend who's partner works for FP, the whole Tron line was a loss leader for them. Much of the stock ended up reduced to clear it in sales as there was little interest in the merch... Even the Disney Store who are renowned for milking the cash cow for as long as possible (see Cars 2!) had all their Legacy related stock massively reduced within 3mths of the movie arriving.

Last physical products I saw on sale in the UK were a few of the mini character blister packs in The Works (mainly Castor and Robed CLU) and a couple of basic Black Guards.
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

BanditTron
User

on Tuesday, October, 09, 2012 4:49 PM
Got these today:

4GB and 8GB lightcycle thumbdrives and a Glow in the Dark Tron belt buckle.

The USB drives contain bonus material:

Kevin Flynn's Lightcycle (8GB)
-Tron Sound Effects: engine noise, tires squealing and more
-Rotating video of Kevin Flynn's lightcycle
-Screen Savers/Wallpaper inspired by the Tron Universe
-HD Movie Trailer
-Movie Posters

Sam Flynn's Lightcycle (4GB)
-Rotating video of Sam Flynn's lightcycle
-Movie Trailer
-Movie Posters
-Screen Savers/Wallpaper inspired by the Tron Universe

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

BanditTron
User

on Friday, October, 12, 2012 10:11 PM
Picked up another One Man Lightjet to open.

clu.exe
User

on Saturday, October, 13, 2012 9:38 AM
digit Wrote:That does sound like it was a wasted trip. I can get Clu's command ship at five below LOL.

I finally broke down and bought rinzler's disc on ebay. And sam flynn's too. Kind of the grand finale for my collection. I don't see the day coming where I ever get kevin flynn's disc, unfortunately. But two out of three isn't bad.

wow man thanks for the heads up, i was so shocked... coz of your post, you made me think "if he has cash to buy sam and rinzler discs, why not a kevin?" so i went to ebay and im still so shocked at how these discs' prices went waay up. i mean, i got my kevin disc brand new with pull tab unpulled for about 30 bucks. and man, 14 bids on a brand new sam flynn for 57 bucks and 5 bids for a used one for 59 bucks. and kevin well the cheapest now is a hundred bucks. unbelievable. youre telling me that section of my shelf now costs 200 dollars. ridiculously unbelievable.

i just really related to you too coz that k. flynn was my grand finale too. i was originally planning to just get the three discs but ended up buying pretty much everything else before i got the chance to get my hands on a k.flynn disc.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Singing: All I want for christmas is a Tron Legacy Identity Disc Replica...

digit
User

on Saturday, October, 13, 2012 11:49 AM
clu.exe Wrote:
digit Wrote:That does sound like it was a wasted trip. I can get Clu's command ship at five below LOL.

wow man thanks for the heads up, i was so shocked... coz of your post, you made me think "if he has cash to buy sam and rinzler discs, why not a kevin?" so i went to ebay and im still so shocked at how these discs' prices went waay up. i mean, i got my kevin disc brand new with pull tab unpulled for about 30 bucks. and man, 14 bids on a brand new sam flynn for 57 bucks and 5 bids for a used one for 59 bucks. and kevin well the cheapest now is a hundred bucks. unbelievable. youre telling me that section of my shelf now costs 200 dollars. ridiculously unbelievable.

i just really related to you too coz that k. flynn was my grand finale too. i was originally planning to just get the three discs but ended up buying pretty much everything else before i got the chance to get my hands on a k.flynn disc.

Yeah, they weren't cheap. To make matters worse, I don't like to open them, preferring them MOC. But Sam Flynn was partially opened, the package was a bit rough, so I went ahead and opened it. I'm not opening Rinzler though. It's pretty much the same thing in slightly different colors. I'll keep that one MOC.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

clu.exe
User

on Monday, October, 15, 2012 10:32 AM
digit Wrote:
clu.exe Wrote:

i just really related to you too coz that k. flynn was my grand finale too. i was originally planning to just get the three discs but ended up buying pretty much everything else before i got the chance to get my hands on a k.flynn disc.

Yeah, they weren't cheap. To make matters worse, I don't like to open them, preferring them MOC. But Sam Flynn was partially opened, the package was a bit rough, so I went ahead and opened it. I'm not opening Rinzler though. It's pretty much the same thing in slightly different colors. I'll keep that one MOC.

true i agree they look pretty in package but in my case all three look awesome standing on their display stands together heheabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Singing: All I want for christmas is a Tron Legacy Identity Disc Replica...

annimusprime
User

on Saturday, October, 20, 2012 8:02 PM
An Ultimate CLU figure series 2 .. of course it 'was' one without the Katana, so what ashame. I got it at as you could rather guess it, an Estate Sale in our local area for 15$ in cash.

It goes very well with my deluxe CLU Light Cycle, series 1 CLU core figure 'yellow', and the deluxe CLU figure. What a great little set there, nice in all sweet ways. I will value those, be sure of that.

Sue

BanditTron
User

on Sunday, October, 21, 2012 9:32 AM
annimusprime,
Great Find and at a great price!
If you can, you should post a pic of all you CLU items together! I love looking at others collection pieces.
I still have yet to get the 12inch CLU...but it is on my want list for sure.

digit
User

on Sunday, October, 21, 2012 9:59 PM
I bought the 12 inchers on Ebay. The price was pretty decent (about $40 for both). The positives are metal weapons, nice packaging, and better impulse projection than what the deluxe figures give.

Unfortunately, mine did not come with Katanas. I guess it's ok; but if I had known, I might have held out for the better versions.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

EXODUS
User

on Wednesday, December, 05, 2012 10:27 AM
Ordered two more T-shirts yesterday.

They're both black, and one has an Encom Lightcycle on it (like Flynn's, but blue), whilst the other has a Blue Identity Disk on the front.

They should arrive this week.

(Actually, the reason why I orderd them was because I thought I'd lost one of my old Tron T-shirts. It was black with Tron Legacy written on it and an Legacy Lightcycle on it. I looked EVERYWHERE for it, and only found it AFTER I orderded the two new T-shirts to replace it because I thought I'd lost it).abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

BanditTron
User

on Wednesday, December, 05, 2012 5:21 PM
Cool!
Glad you found your other shirt and be sure to post up pics of the new ones when you get them!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 65 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 Today I got....