Vaporware
User

RE: CASTOR CORE FIGURE FOUND

on Sunday, January, 29, 2012 7:20 PM

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Sunday, January, 29, 2012 7:54 PM
Vaporware Wrote:Ever see that episode of the Simpsons with the "Flaming Moe"?

Consider what happened to the market for the two-pack Tron figures. As soon as Target put them all out on clearance, they were worth about $2.00 per pack. I've got two complete sets of those, as well as all the other toys US and UK (sans a Castor figure). I paid $100 USD for a deluxe recognizer that was clearance for about 3 pounds sterling. I'll probably get a couple even cheaper the next time I go to London.

If the person who spends a grand or more for his/her lends it out for reproduction, then the value drops... quickly.

I'd wager than the winner of this auction will never open the package and will probably put it in a safety deposit box - only taking it out when the Zombie apocalypse arrives...

Unless these are re-issued when Tron 3 arrives...

Interesting thing about Castor though -- he will never be re-issued (if at all) in this fashion -- as the likeness of this TRON: LEGACY figure was not approved.

An added note: I recall the time of '85 when the "Droids" animated TV series had come out -- and the Boba Fett 3 3/4" action figure from "Star Wars" & "The Empire Strikes Back" was simply placed onto a "Droids" styled card back (Fett made an appearance in the series). As a kid at the time, I thought -- "Well, I have Boba Fett already..." -- and passed him up. Now that figure, given the lower run of the "Droids" figures vs. the movies, is worth several thousands of dollars -- and is the most sought after form of a carded Boba Fett action figure -- all because of its variant card backing. Keep in mind, those were sold in stores, and were basically widely available. Castor was never sold in stores, and only about 200 were made -- making him a far rarer action figure -- and one that will certainly appreciate more in value as the years go by. As well, the majority of the surviving Castor figures were three hole punched (a standard business practice to indicate that an item was not to be resold in stores) -- this Castor figure for auction is not hole-punched, and is complete and whole.

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

Vaporware
User

on Sunday, January, 29, 2012 8:06 PM

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Sunday, January, 29, 2012 8:17 PM
Vaporware Wrote:Agreed, even if they issued a reproduction Castor, it would never be as valuable as the original never-supposed-to-be-released one.

Remember the *original* Boba Fett? ..the one you had to send in UPCs to get *before* Empire came out? He actually fired a missile off his back... or was supposed to.

...until then that kid fired a Battlestar Galactica Viper missile down this throat.. choked to death... and ruined all firing toys forever...

I've got that figure. But they "fixed" mine before they sent it. I bet anyone who has the firing one has something highly valuable. I've only seen it in photos.

Castor will probably be in that same category.

You bet -- I recall all of that.

Yes -- the same thing with the rocket-firing Fett, he was never released to the general public, but a few lucky collectors got a hold of the few existing prototypes that were made.
They are true treasures.

The Castor figure has immediately proven itself as a highly sought after action figure collectible with the prices it has fetched -- even though the movie was released only a relative short time ago at the end of 2010. Given what Castor is going for now -- the value is sure to steadily increase, and these will become harder and harder to find as time goes by.
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

Vaporware
User

on Sunday, January, 29, 2012 8:23 PM

DirkMaximus
User

on Sunday, January, 29, 2012 8:25 PM
Vaporware Wrote:Agreed, even if they issued a reproduction Castor, it would never be as valuable as the original never-supposed-to-be-released one.

For most people, I'd imagine, a reproduced Castor is not about value in the slightest. It's for personal use only. At this point, people know what they are getting into with repro items.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Vaporware
User

on Sunday, January, 29, 2012 8:35 PM

trekking95
User

on Sunday, January, 29, 2012 9:23 PM
Vaporware Wrote:There's also a good chance that some kid in Malaysia just strapped a bunch of left-over Lunar New Year fireworks to one of these... actually... best not to think about that...
What?
Well I hope I get a loose one since it would justify it not being in the package. Like if I had a MOC one that would be great too but I would hate to open it and they are so nice loose...

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

DirkMaximus
User

on Sunday, January, 29, 2012 10:32 PM
Vaporware Wrote:there's also a good chance that some kid in Malaysia just strapped a bunch of left-over Lunar New Year fireworks to one of these... actually... best not to think about that...

Heh, if they used the light-up feature as the trigger, that would still be kinda cool...
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

trekking95
User

on Monday, January, 30, 2012 1:31 AM
DirkMaximus Wrote:
Vaporware Wrote:there's also a good chance that some kid in Malaysia just strapped a bunch of left-over Lunar New Year fireworks to one of these... actually... best not to think about that...

Heh, if they used the light-up feature as the trigger, that would still be kinda cool...
Sorry guys, don't get it. Like if its just something I am missing its just me.

Save Tron 3!

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Monday, January, 30, 2012 5:20 AM
By the way, here's a link to an ebay posting of the type of '85 Star Wars Animated "Droids" TV series Boba Fett 3 3/4" action figure I'd mentioned a few posts back in this forum:

Interesting thing about Castor though -- he will never be re-issued (if at all) in this fashion -- as the likeness of this TRON: LEGACY figure was not approved.

An added note: I recall the time of '85 when the "Droids" animated TV series had come out -- and the Boba Fett 3 3/4" action figure from "Star Wars" & "The Empire Strikes Back" was simply placed onto a "Droids" styled card back (Fett made an appearance in the series). As a kid at the time, I thought -- "Well, I have Boba Fett already..." -- and passed him up. Now that figure, given the lower run of the "Droids" figures vs. the movies, is worth several thousands of dollars -- and is the most sought after form of a carded Boba Fett action figure -- all because of its variant card backing. Keep in mind, those were sold in stores, and were basically widely available. Castor was never sold in stores, and only about 200 were made -- making him a far rarer action figure -- and one that will certainly appreciate more in value as the years go by. As well, the majority of the surviving Castor figures were three hole punched (a standard business practice to indicate that an item was not to be resold in stores) -- this Castor figure up for auction is not hole-punched, and is complete and whole.

trekking95
User

on Monday, January, 30, 2012 3:43 PM
$9,000? Wow, I know my Star Wars things and didn't even know they were that high!

Save Tron 3!

Electric Zuse
User

on Monday, January, 30, 2012 8:16 PM
Hello fellow Zuse fans just got my castor figure from an ebay auction and love to be holding it in my own hands. I've waited for this for so long.

DirkMaximus
User

on Monday, January, 30, 2012 8:22 PM
Electric Zuse Wrote:Hello fellow Zuse fans just got my castor figure from an ebay auction and love to be holding it in my own hands. I've waited for this for so long.

Congrats!

trekking95
User

on Monday, January, 30, 2012 9:43 PM
Electric Zuse Wrote:Hello fellow Zuse fans just got my castor figure from an ebay auction and love to be holding it in my own hands. I've waited for this for so long.
Can you link any pics? I think we would like to see how it looks! where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Save Tron 3!

Electric Zuse
User

on Tuesday, January, 31, 2012 7:15 PM
I will try some time tonight.

Batwomanarky
User

on Tuesday, January, 31, 2012 7:19 PM
https://p.twimg.com/AkhofHOCMAEy_h3.jpg
While Dark Magician Girl was available at retail, I spent a year looking after first seeing her on cardbacks and given that I found her in France, I suspect she had little to no distribution in the US. https://p.twimg.com/AkhsV4ICMAAmSUG.jpg
https://p.twimg.com/AkhtyX-CIAEYd1v.jpg
Now, can anyone here recommend a good protective case for him?

Edit: Tony Blair and Margaret Thatcher: https://p.twimg.com/AkhvRGOCQAAoxhQ.jpgorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

trekking95
User

on Tuesday, January, 31, 2012 7:49 PM
Electric Zuse Wrote:I will try some time tonight.
Well you cant post pictures here until you have 20 posts or more, you can add a link to a picture hosting site.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Save Tron 3!

trekking95
User

on Tuesday, January, 31, 2012 7:50 PM
Batwomanarky Wrote:https://p.twimg.com/AkhofHOCMAEy_h3.jpg
While Dark Magician Girl was available at retail, I spent a year looking after first seeing her on cardbacks and given that I found her in France, I suspect she had little to no distribution in the US. https://p.twimg.com/AkhsV4ICMAAmSUG.jpg
https://p.twimg.com/AkhtyX-CIAEYd1v.jpg
Now, can anyone here recommend a good protective case for him?

Edit: Tony Blair and Margaret Thatcher: https://p.twimg.com/AkhvRGOCQAAoxhQ.jpg
Should I take this as spam or an honest collector?

Save Tron 3!

Batwomanarky
User

on Tuesday, January, 31, 2012 8:21 PM
Ok, so I went overboard but I'm in a chipper mood from getting my Castor figure.

Edit: I really need protective case rec's.

FirstPrevious Page: of 24 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 CASTOR CORE FIGURE FOUND