CASTOR CORE FIGURE FOUND

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 24 PagesNextLast
Abstractharmony
User

RE: CASTOR CORE FIGURE FOUND

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 6:55 AM
tronleitner Wrote:[

Actually, there should've been a riot because of the lack of a Deluxe Quorra figure. :-)

Abso-bloomin' - lutely

I just hope for the next movie they get the sculpting done by someone like Designworks whose work on the Doctor Who franchise is amazing and we could have some decent facial sculpts (although I didn't think Jarvis was too bad).

BEGIN THE GAME!!!!!

tomorowlandude
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 9:52 AM
Zuse Wrote:
Mr.Sci-Fi Wrote:There's no fanboyism over castor, there's no reason for any unlike fett's badassery. Castor is only chased because there was suppose to be a toy of him, Fett is desired because of what role he played. Sure everyone wants what is hard to get but castor's demand could be as easily switched if the figure that was left out of series 2 was jarvis instead of castor. Now if quorra was left out there would have rioting in the streets because of her presence in the movie.

That might apply to some people, but I sure as hell want him because of the role he played. If Jarvis had been left out instead I wouldn't have cared so much. Having only seen the movie once I can't really remember anything about Jarvis. In fact if he didn't get a toy I probably would have forgotten him altogether. I felt Michael Sheen on the other hand damn near stole the show.

I agree. I wouldn't be running all over if it was Jarvis. Castor'/Zuse was my favorite character in the film.

magnum
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 10:18 AM
Totally rude If there are people on this forum who tried to offer more money to this seller for this Castor figure and buy it out from under me..."Screw you" if you did not thats cool anyway here is an email I received from seller. This guy will get great feedback.

We have sent out the Castor figure to you today. Please kindly leave us the feedback as soon as you receive it in 10-20 business days. We are really doing very good to you since more than 3 buyers would like to offer us over USD100 to get this Castor figure but we turned down all of their request due to our store doesn't want break the transaction between you and our store as you were the 1st one to bid it.

Again, we have no more of this figure....each item of Tron has only one in our store at competitive rate. We hope you will love it as collection since it seems very difficult to get this figure in US and everyone asked for it.

Thank you and have a nice day!

HAH !

Abstractharmony
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 10:25 AM
Wow!

That sucks if someone did try and 'scalp' it from under you.

Still at least the Seller was good enought to honour the transaction. Very rare on e-bay these days.

BEGIN THE GAME!!!!!

DirkMaximus
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 10:32 AM
magnum Wrote:Totally rude If there are people on this forum who tried to offer more money to this seller for this Castor figure and buy it out from under me..."Screw you" if you did not thats cool anyway here is an email I received from seller. This guy will get great feedback.

We have sent out the Castor figure to you today. Please kindly leave us the feedback as soon as you receive it in 10-20 business days. We are really doing very good to you since more than 3 buyers would like to offer us over USD100 to get this Castor figure but we turned down all of their request due to our store doesn't want break the transaction between you and our store as you were the 1st one to bid it.

Again, we have no more of this figure....each item of Tron has only one in our store at competitive rate. We hope you will love it as collection since it seems very difficult to get this figure in US and everyone asked for it.

HAH !

Wow. That's really bad.

If anyone else finds a special item like this in the future, probably best to wait until you receive it before you post about it here.
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

wheat king
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 11:29 AM
Sweet! I'm glad at least 1 Castor got out. I agree, this was probably the best head sculpt up to this point, and one of my favorite figures overall. This must have been from the original, unapproved run because the skin & hair colors were adjusted for the wave 3 run as well. Eventually his skin became MUCH more pale.

Looks legit, nice find magnum.

Errex
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 11:42 AM
Well, it seems each toy line needs to have a rare, ultra hard to find figure that becomes the stuff of Legend.

Very much like the vynil cape jawa and the Wonder Bread He-Man, Castor has gone up into that category.

Congrats on the find!!!

tronleitner
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 12:01 PM
Abstractharmony Wrote:
tronleitner Wrote:[

Actually, there should've been a riot because of the lack of a Deluxe Quorra figure. :-)

Abso-bloomin' - lutely

I just hope for the next movie they get the sculpting done by someone like Designworks whose work on the Doctor Who franchise is amazing and we could have some decent facial sculpts (although I didn't think Jarvis was too bad).

I checked Designworks' figures and they look great. With more articulation I think I'm sold on them making the next Tron movie figures.

I have to admit I have a soft spot for the Spinmaster figs, inspite of all the fiasco surrounding them. I like the fact that the hands look the same (meaning both can hold weapons/items) and that the arms and hands have total rotation on the upper and lower joins.My main gripe about newer Hasbro figures is the fact that they make the hands look different on one figure and make them look gimmicky so they can't properly hold any items.

I also couldn't care less for the light up gimmick on the figs, which restricted movement and made the figs look stiff when you try action poses on them. I personally would've wanted articulation on the upper torso, just like the Iron Man 2 and GI Joe figs.

I'm still hoping that Hot Toys has Quorra, or perhaps any other Tron figure, planned in the future, though probably not after Clu and Rinzler.

TRON: Fighting for the users since 1982!

magnum
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 12:05 PM
wheat king Wrote:Sweet! I'm glad at least 1 Castor got out. I agree, this was probably the best head sculpt up to this point, and one of my favorite figures overall. This must have been from the original, unapproved run because the skin & hair colors were adjusted for the wave 3 run as well. Eventually his skin became MUCH more pale.

Looks legit, nice find magnum.

Thanks Wheat and "I like that figure" too

CorrupTron
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 12:48 PM
Boba Fettuccini Wrote:He's like the Boba Fett of Tron. Can you imagine the pandemonium that owuld ensue if Kenner/Hasbro never made a Boba Fett? Fanboymonium.

Rinzler is the Boba Fett of Tron. Mysterious and badass. Fett is also one of the most overproduced and overmarketed Star Wars characters. He lost his mystique in the prequels.

CorrupTron
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 12:53 PM
magnum Wrote:Totally rude If there are people on this forum who tried to offer more money to this seller for this Castor figure and buy it out from under me..."Screw you" if you did not thats cool anyway here is an email I received from seller. This guy will get great feedback.

HAH !

I agree, rude to try and cutthroat your auction. At least the seller is honest. Enjoy your grail.
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Abstractharmony
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 1:40 PM
CorrupTron Wrote:
Rinzler is the Boba Fett of Tron. Mysterious and badass.

Badass - I agree.

Mysterious - Maybe for 45 minutes until the reveal.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

BEGIN THE GAME!!!!!

IsoLine
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 1:54 PM
Abstractharmony Wrote:
CorrupTron Wrote:

Badass - I agree.

You so beat me to the punch.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

KSC
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 2:03 PM
Although it turned out for the best, lesson learned, I'd say. In the future, don't brag till it's in your hands! You're very lucky. Most sellers would have given you some bs story about it getting damaged or lost or the listing was a mistake, ect. I still wouldn't celebrate until you have it in person.

To all the ninjas that tried to hijack the figure, what a bunch of cheapskates! You should have offered like $500. If it turns out that there only were 300 produced and most of that number were indeed "destroyed", then this could be worth a pretty penny someday. I do expect more to pop up soon, though. Things of this nature don't really get "thrown away" for long.

Magnum, I hope you upgraded the shipping to something with tracking, though. You realize that $2.99 is literally going to be the slow boat from China, right? You'll stress about it for weeks. Even though you paid $9.99, until more surface, you should treat it like it's worth $999. Also, while I usually don't condone this, I'd send it directly to AFA for grading and authentification when it does arrive. My god, if that thing gets a high grade it could worth a small fortune...

edit: I guess I missed this:

soon as you receive it in 10-20 business days.

Ugh! Why didn't you upgrade to EMS!? I don't wanna scare you. I've gotten plenty of things overseas via the cheaper shipping method, but I've always been on edge about it. An extra $12 or so and you would have had him by the end of the week with full tracking.

CorrupTron
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 2:16 PM
AFA is complete bull****. Don't bother. You have yourself a grail and that is all that matters. Put it in a protective acrylic display. Don't pay exorbitant money to AFA to do that for you. They are cons.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

CorrupTron
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 2:18 PM
Abstractharmony Wrote:
CorrupTron Wrote:

Badass - I agree.

So is Boba Fett until we learn he's just a clone of Jango.

KSC
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 2:21 PM
Yes they are, but this is a totally different scenario. Certainly not necessary, but it's an added layer of security for such a rarity. Honestly, I wouldn't do it unless I planned to sell it off at some point.

ANYWAY, since SM changed the cardbacks in Series 2 to be a little fatter than Series 1, you may have a hard time getting a nice case that fits it, magnum. There may be something already made for a line that may match up, but if you want something better, check out http://www.oscarscases.com/. He makes great custom cases for odd shaped toys.

KSC
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 4:03 PM
CGA are great, too. AFA, love em, hate em, whatever, just pointing out options. I'm still concerned about that SAL shipping, though. on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

flamanar
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 4:16 PM

HAH !

WO!!! Totally uncool! You got a rare seller there, Magnum. Positive feedback and uber-kudos to that seller is a given! Congrats again. Especially after hearing that!

maerj2000
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 4:34 PM
Yeah really. I know people are desperate to get this figure, myself included, but to resort to that is not cool at all. Also, if this happens again, people should refrain from bugging the seller about them because if they do, the sellers will just jack the price up even more.

I still don't know why Spin master didn't just offer it online. They say the line ended because of low sales but it seemed like the core figures sold really well everywhere I went.

Anyway, maybe these will show up at Ross, Ollie's, Big Lots, Marshalls, Disney Outlets, who knows? We'll just have to keep looking! If I find a bunch of them, you never know, I'll get them all to help everyone here out. It would be nice if we could all get at least one.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

FirstPrevious Page: of 24 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 CASTOR CORE FIGURE FOUND