Collector 
 CASTOR CORE FIGURE FOUND

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 24 PagesNextLast
Boba Fettuccini
User

RE: CASTOR CORE FIGURE FOUND

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 10:23 PM
Zuse Wrote:Jakks got the Pirates OTC license and the figures they're turning out are horrible. Same 4 inch scale, but with very bad proportions (big heads, tiny arms), weak articulation (no ball jointed shoulders OR hips). and a lot of reused parts across the line (for instance the men get the same arms as the female character).

So it won't sell well, go on clearance, and be great custom fodder The body sculpts are nice, even if the articulation is bad and the heads ill--proportioned.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

-==[ www.boba-fettuccini.com ]==-

Mr.Sci-Fi
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 10:29 PM
CorrupTron Wrote:They have made it clear they are through with Tron. We will not see anything from Uprising unless someone else gets the license.

Well we know some merch will be available through the disneystore, probably nothing to elaborate though.

Anon 2.0
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 10:52 PM
KSC Wrote:
Anon 2.0 Wrote:
KSC Wrote:To all the ninjas that tried to hijack the figure, what a bunch of cheapskates! You should have offered like $500.

Ok, that comment alone really pisses me off. By saying that, you are in fact supporting the people who tried to hijack the auction by suggesting that they should have offered more!

Anyone who sunk so low as to try and hijack the auction and take what magnum bought fair and square should be derezzed.

Oh please, it was a dig at the a**holes who even tried. My point being, if they were so determined, I'm surprised all they could offer up is a measly hundred bucks. Sorry I didn't insert a in there somewhere to keep you from having an aneurysm.

Anyway, I can see this thread heading in the "Toys Found at Retail" direction. I don't e-bicker, so let me just say congrats to magnum for the epic score and take my leave. =)

It was easy to assume you were being serious. Tone in text can be easily misinterpreted if you aren't fully clear, and emoticons help with that. So yeah, it probably would've helped to add a .

Zuse Wrote:Keep in mind that just because someone else takes over doesn't mean it will get better. For instance Jakks got the Pirates OTC license and the figures they're turning out are horrible. Same 4 inch scale, but with very bad proportions (big heads, tiny arms), weak articulation (no ball jointed shoulders OR hips). and a lot of reused parts across the line (for instance the men get the same arms as the female character). Spin Masters did figures with near perfect articulation, all of which had unique sculpts. Yes I hate them for not giving us the Castor they teased, and I hate the fact that series 3 and beyond won't ever come to pass, but they had potential and gave us some good products.

Yeah those Pirates OTC figures were horrible! Compared to the Tron figures, the Tron figures were near perfect!

Mr.Sci-Fi Wrote:
CorrupTron Wrote:They have made it clear they are through with Tron. We will not see anything from Uprising unless someone else gets the license.

Well we know some merch will be available through the disneystore, probably nothing to elaborate though.

Probably shirts, mugs or plushes?

Mr.Sci-Fi
User

on Tuesday, March, 15, 2011 1:19 AM
Anon 2.0 Wrote:

Probably but then again there might be something cool like the uk bike and recognizer.

CorrupTron
User

on Tuesday, March, 15, 2011 1:31 AM
Mr.Sci-Fi Wrote:
Anon 2.0 Wrote:

Probably but then again there might be something cool like the uk bike and recognizer.

Which weren't made by Suck Masters.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Mr.Sci-Fi
User

on Tuesday, March, 15, 2011 1:49 AM
Didn't say they were but the recognizer was better than spinmasters, if they could only apply that to figures. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Flynn1
User

on Tuesday, March, 15, 2011 4:28 PM
-

WOW!! Absolutely awesome!!

Congrats, and thanks for sharing the great photo! I love the picture they used on the box!

Just saw 'Legacy' again this past weekend in Boston, on the largest IMAX screen in New England and it was mind blowing. Castor looked even better in IMAX 3D!

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

IronknifeCharlie
User

on Wednesday, March, 16, 2011 5:19 PM
Congrats!!! wish it was me..

magnum
User

on Friday, March, 18, 2011 9:55 PM
Sent measurements for my Castor core figure package to Oscar's cases website. They have some cool acrylic cases for different series star wars figures so gave them a shot. Also looked into a custom case for my Clu + Castor action pack. Think it will be neat to display them side by side.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Sso02V
User

on Saturday, March, 19, 2011 5:39 PM
Is it ironic, or sad that the canceled figures that'll never be released sold for cheaper than the regular ones do in the store?

Flynn1
User

on Sunday, March, 20, 2011 7:37 PM
-
Yes, incredible ironic!

I stopped by my local Toys R' Us today and they still have everything full price.

Really looking forward to seeing close up photos of the head sculpt if this will be forthcoming.

Absolutely awesome find!

magnum
User

on Sunday, March, 20, 2011 9:38 PM
Flynn1 Wrote:-
Yes, incredible ironic!

I stopped by my local Toys R' Us today and they still have everything full price.

Really looking forward to seeing close up photos of the head sculpt if this will be forthcoming.

Absolutely awesome find!

I will be glad to get some close up photos and post them here.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Flynn1
User

on Monday, March, 21, 2011 7:30 PM
-
Great! Thanks Magnum!

So i am wondering now if someone can tell me the known reason as to why the Castor figures were not allowed to be released? I tried looking in other threads and did'nt see anything, although i found one post that mentioned 'legal issues' with it.

Was the actor who played the character not keen on having himself as a action figure...or was Disney not happy with the final version? From what i have read here on this Forum, 300 or so were made but had to be pulled from distribution and destroyed. Can anyone shed any more light on this?

Such a shame that this figure was shelved, as it is one of the most memorable characters from the film and i know several here would love to have one in our collections.

ender9492alt
User

on Monday, March, 21, 2011 8:40 PM
Flynn1 Wrote:-
Great! Thanks Magnum!

So i am wondering now if someone can tell me the known reason as to why the Castor figures were not allowed to be released? I tried looking in other threads and did'nt see anything, although i found one post that mentioned 'legal issues' with it.

Was the actor who played the character not keen on having himself as a action figure...or was Disney not happy with the final version? From what i have read here on this Forum, 300 or so were made but had to be pulled from distribution and destroyed. Can anyone shed any more light on this?

Such a shame that this figure was shelved, as it is one of the most memorable characters from the film and i know several here would love to have one in our collections.

They had issues with the rights to Michael Sheen's likeness, and by the time they got it sorted out, they had to push his character back to series 3, which of course never happened.
A few hundred figures were produced (as said by WheatKing), but they were either distributed to employees, or destroyed. There were apparently two editions of Castor as well; What Magnum won, and another version with paler skin and hair (as posted by WheatKing earlier in this thread).
I still think that if one fully packaged figure made it out unscathed, there have to be others somewhere...

Magus
User

on Thursday, March, 24, 2011 10:56 AM
Have you received this yet? Please share pics when you do.

Was it just me or did anyone else think he looked like something out of David Bowie's Aladdin Sane era? Michael Sheen would be fantastic in a biopic about Bowie, I think.

~M

magnum
User

on Thursday, March, 24, 2011 12:32 PM
Magus Wrote:Have you received this yet? Please share pics when you do.

Was it just me or did anyone else think he looked like something out of David Bowie's Aladdin Sane era? Michael Sheen would be fantastic in a biopic about Bowie, I think.

~M

No havent recieved it yet, pics will be posted when it arrives
When I first saw Castor in the movie, my first thought was" this guy looks like David Bowie"...lolorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Flynn1
User

on Thursday, March, 24, 2011 7:31 PM
-

Me too!! I am a Bowie freak, and definately picked up that vibe from Castor. Even the HAIR was perfect...!

Thanks for the backstory related to the figure...i have been wondering what the issues were in it's delay.

Looking forward to future photos!

SleeplessKnight
User

on Thursday, March, 24, 2011 7:47 PM
Both my gf and I thought of David Bowie when we saw the Castor character. That's why Castor is my gf's favorite character from the film.

Magus
User

on Friday, March, 25, 2011 7:33 AM
SleeplessKnight Wrote:Both my gf and I thought of David Bowie when we saw the Castor character. That's why Castor is my gf's favorite character from the film.

The David Bowie resemblance is one of the things that makes me sad we'll never see this figure on store shelves/pegs.

Kal-El
User

on Saturday, March, 26, 2011 10:08 PM
great ebay find

FirstPrevious Page: of 24 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 CASTOR CORE FIGURE FOUND